A VGC team I will eventually use--please rate

I have a big loss rate on Shoddy. However, I get better all the time. Eventually, I might enter the Pokemon video game championship. Before that, I will need some help on my team. Just so you know, all these Pokemon are level 50 due to the tourney rules. Let's begin.

Team at a glance:
Smeargle, Alakazam, Gyarados, Gengar, Salamence, Lucario
In the tournament I can only use 4 of the 6 in a double battle. However, I can mix up my selections.

Smeargle @ salac berry
Ability: own tempo
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 6 Def
Nature: jolly
Moves: spider web, spore, substitute, perish song
Description: Ah, the old perish trapping Smeargle. This Smeargle is apparently a beast. I know I don’t have the right EVs, but everything else mirrors the perish trapping Smeargle. This Smeargle is probably by far the best Smeargle. Smeargle is unique because it can learn all the moves in the game. I also put Smeargle on my team because it’s very silly, and it’s an OU. I use it for support.

Alakazam @ leftovers
Ability: inner focus
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, 6 HP
Nature: timid
Moves: psychic, shadow ball, calm mind, signal beam
Description: Alakazam rules at special sweeping. I originally thought Porygon Z was best at this, however, now that I know Alakazam is way faster, I use him instead of my original trademark Porygon Z. Psychic is a very reliable STAB move, and is a special move, so Alakazam can deal out heavy damage after using calm mind. I may replace signal beam with substitute to protect myself while calm minding. Shadow ball is my counter for ghost and bug types that can hurt Alakazam. You’ll see how I deal with dark types later on.

Gyarados @ leichi berry
Ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Nature: adamant
Moves: waterfall, substitute, dragon dance, bounce
Description: Gyarados is one of the most dangerous physical sweepers out there IMO. This Gyarados uses substitute to set up his dragon dances and once he’s ready, he hits. Electric attacks that are being aimed at Gyarados are redirected to the next one you will see. With waterfall’s 20% flinch rate, and bounce’s 30% paralysis rate, the para-flinch combo is a force to be reckoned with.

Salamence @ life orb
Ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 6 Spe
Nature: rash
Moves: hydro pump, draco meteor, earthquake, outrage
Description: Yes, I know I have 2 dragon moves and that special attacking Salamence sounds weird, but it can be done. Here I have made my own mix-mence set. This set, however, has a little bit more trouble with Steelix and Metagross than the original mix-mence set does. It is still based on draco meteor and outrage sweeping, but the other moves have a little bit different style than the original. With hydro pump and earthquake taking out fire types, and earthquake alone taking out steel types, this set has trouble with Skarmory, because Skarmory is a steel flying type. This means EQ cannot harm it.

Lucario @ fist plate
Ability: inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Spe
Nature: jolly
Moves: close combat, bullet punch, extreme speed, stone edge
Description: The jolly Lucario idea I got from ReyScarface. Lucario is a great sweeper and it’s what helps me keep dark types at bay. Pretty much all I can say about Lucario is he rules. I also use him because he’s cool. I also use him because his name is pronounced very silly on the show. He is also OU.

Gengar @ spooky plate
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 6 SpDef
Nature: timid
Moves: shadow ball, sludge bomb, psychic, thunderbolt
Description: Fast and strong, this Gengar can wreak havoc on teams. Even with the EVs, he is very fragile. I probably won’t usually use him, but he will prove worthy against even some of the toughest opponents. That’s about all I can say about the Gengar.

How this team works:
My main strategy is to set up a substitute with Smeargle, then use spider web. Next I use spore to sleep the opponent, and I perish song. After that, I switch out my Pokémon to protect my team from my own perish song. After this, I go all out with my other sweepers. I will also hope my opponent doesn’t get crits and hax on me.

Threat List

Tyranitar: My main weaknesses are rock, dark, and ghost. T-tar can learn all those types of moves.

Swampert: Swampert is tough because I don't have any grass moves.

Gyarados: Gyarados is tough because I don't have any electric moves, but at least I have a rock move.

Ambipom: Ambipom with fake out plus last resort is near impossible for every Pokemon on my team to handle, except Lucario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)