Walrus A top Ten Walrus (Maybe even top 5!)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello! We're going back to basics with this walrus, no bells, no whistles, just kick ass amazing music powered by the people. I want you to give me your ten best songs, or five if you're lazy, to give me the best experience possible out of a walrus.

Scoring will be weighted slightly for category relevance, 9 and 10 will score at 0.7 per point, 7 and 8 will score at 0.8, 6 and 5 will score at full points, 3 and 4 will score at 1.2 per point, and cats 1 and 2 will be scored at 1.3 per point.

You have the option to submit 10 songs or 5! If you choose to submit five songs your songs will be revealed as appropriate to your fifth through first best song! Your song will be scaled up or down based on its corresponding position in a ten song submission and the score will be applied to each position. What this means is that if you submit five songs your fifth best song will be scored at 0.7 per point and the score it receives will be applied as if it were both your 9th and 10th best songs!

With the ground rules out of the way, the power now turns to you! Give me everything you've got, the best you have, and hold nothing back.

Category 10: Your 10th best song

Category 9: Your 9th best song

Category 8: Your 8th best song

Category 7: Your 7th best song

Category 6: Your 6th best song

Category 5: Your 5th best song

Category 4: Your 4th best song

Category 3: Your 3rd best song

Category 2: Your 2nd best song

Category 1: Your best song possible

As a note, I prefer full submissions at once for flexibility in grading but acknowledge this is not always feasible, submit what you can, when you can, just remember to submit on time. That said as this is effectively your own top 10 ranking, it is a very wise idea to submit all your songs in one go.

I would like to reveal the first category next Saturday if possible, so send in those songs!

Submittors:

penny's ex
HIV aladeen
FUCKING SLAYER
shublaka flaka flame
steven SNYPER NO SNYPING
that annoying fairy from the legend of zelda
Lectrys
El boberto
mojo jojoa
eesa
Hal9000

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn’t see this I’ll submit five songs tonight if you can’t get to them np
per the rules if you're submitting a top five they will be revealed along with the top 5 in the regular reveal process but grades will be back applied

if you have the time/ability to submit a top 10 i will incorporate

Texas Cloverleaf

The results for cat 10

And the associated writeups in order
I love a lot of Disney songs and this is one of their very high tier songs, great sound, great messaging, great vocals, very feel good. Love to sing along.
A banger, great OST piece, though, a tad repetitive, some tempo shifts would have added much. When it gets going it really goes though!
I don't have much to say about this, it's just really nice, a really soft and pleasant listen
A bit underwhelming from my expectation, the sounds seems a bit basic, like you took any kind of sound that was stereotypically space-ish and went with it. The structure is really solid and the beat is great but it seems like there were so many better ways they could have gone about it. Really picks up in the second half though once they start integrating the sounds and creating a complex sound. This is hard, I want to like this more than I actually do.
Interesting sound, switches between smooth and discordant so seamlessly, very mood music style. Doesn't blow me away or anything but it's pretty good.
Nice song to listen to but pretty forgettable
I have zero idea how to evaluate classic music. Minor wayyyyyyy >>> major keys though. Love the tempo. Idk this is hard.
Instrumentals are pretty good, female vocalists are gutter trash, male vocalist is there, carried by the bass and percussion. Guitar solo is pretty weak. Meh tier metal
Slowish start but a good build; very Mass Effect, could use a tempo shift, vocal entrance is meh, synths at 2:50 don't do it for me, still very slow for the distortion, tempo shift near 4 mins is appreciated. I enjoyed the first half of the song until the vocals came in, didn't care much for it after that. A good one to listen to but I wouldn't go back to it again. Decent choice.
Nice enough sound, vocals are fairly clean, but a bit boring too unfortunately, not really doing much for me, a pretty average song.
Build is too slow for too long; Vocals/backing are also too slow for too long. Unfortunately, this is kind of just "there". It's not boring or anything there's just not a lot to draw interest. Shame, I do like the sound of the band, reminds me of the Police.
Discount James Bay? I don't like this very much. Vocalist is discount James bay, instrumentals are discount Hozier, pacing is pretty bleh and it just ends up too whiny. Isn't very technically interesting either. On the positive side it's well executed and the music itself is generally pleasant, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)