A tier list graveyard is no place for a young prince

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
You know you’ve gotten really, really bored when you decide to make a tier list ranking all 26 letters of the English alphabet.

CCFE7BFE-D072-43DA-A88F-EC49E15AC1DF.jpeg

My only rule for this thread is that you explain what the tier list you just made is actually ranking. Other than that, go crazy. I can’t wait to see what some of you come up with :quagchamppogsire:

Also apparently my goofy ahh thinks F comes before C, didn’t notice that until now

Last edited:
oh boy I used to do dumb tier lists all the time

Here's a few favorites

days of the week.png

Days of the week tier list. Weekends are the best and Mondays suck am I right

bone tier list.png

Bone tier list. I know almost nothing about bones so basically just went by looks

fruit.png

Fruit tier list. I made this a couple years ago but all I would change now is move plum up to B tier and watermelon up to S tier and move cantelope down to C+

what you thinking type2 is better than type18 no cap
Personally I respect TYPE2 for referencing the default Gen 2 text frame and not just taking the easy route of pandering to Gen 1 even in FRLG, but without the historical context, TYPE2 is pretty much just TYPE1 with a white background and I have to give some credit to the new frames that actually take advantage of the GBA's rich colour palette. TYPE18 goes further beyond that and has a unique thematic leaf pattern and I think they should have made more frames based on the different types.

is this just a tierlist of every element of hgss?
bdt2002 is right and this is a "Johto Music" tier list. Even though the pictures are of HGSS I mostly ranked the themes across both games in general except for HGSS Goldenrod City being completely different and the new HGSS compositions for Route 47, legendary battle themes, Pokemart, Ecruteak/Cianwood's split, and Pokeathlon Dome. Also I have to say that I prefer GSC's Wild Pokemon (Night) over Wild Pokemon (Day) and that Safari Zone Gate probably goes around S- over Pokeathlon.

Personally I respect TYPE2 for referencing the default Gen 2 text frame and not just taking the easy route of pandering to Gen 1 even in FRLG, but without the historical context, TYPE2 is pretty much just TYPE1 with a white background and I have to give some credit to the new frames that actually take advantage of the GBA's rich colour palette. TYPE18 goes further beyond that and has a unique thematic leaf pattern and I think they should have made more frames based on the different types.
The border does actually originate from RBY

1680193163770.png

The border does actually originate from RBY

View attachment 503866
Wow. I never realized the pokeball corners were a JP Blue graphics change that was inherited by the English releases and was still kept up to JP Yellow.

This has made me lose a lot of respect for gamefreak's frame choices now that I know that this was just a gen 1 reference all along, reused for 3 generations. Now I want to put TYPE3 above TYPE2 because that one actually has pokeballs on the corners.

This is like the first dexit before dexit but worse because there's no replacement for the millions of players who played international RBY and want to use the same text frame that they experienced the game with in future generations. At least I can still play GSC without having a Gen 1 reference appear in every text box thanks to the new frame options that Gen 2 innovated on, but it's also a missed opportunity that they didn't even add the Blue one as an option in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)