SM OU A sub par Ditto team from a sub par player. Any help is appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey! I posted a team a few days ago and got some good advice. I made some major changes and think the team has become quite resilient against most OU threats. That said I am very low on the ladder and not actually a good player so it's hard for me to judge. Anyhow I really like bulky offense. The idea of having a tanky team that can not just take hits but also deal them back appeals to me. The issue with bulky offense is that it can have difficulty with speed control. No matter how hard I crush the first 5 Pokemon all it takes is 1 surviving member to Swords Dance and just walk all over my slow tanks. So how do I fix that? Ditto!

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Transform

Ditto is my revenge killer and the star member of this team. Ditto is also my Spiker, Defogger, secondary Mega, wall, sweeper, cleric, Rapid Spinner, and scout. Scout is a big one. Words can not fully express how valuable it is to get 4 moves and ability from an unknown opponent. The bulky nature of this team often forces opponents to use set up sweepers to break through but they also have to remember Ditto can break them right back. Beast Boost, Soul Heart, and Moxie can be ridiculous even without setup. 30 Speed IVs gives me HP Ice so I can nail Landorus. HP Fire is an option to break Magnezone. Both moves beat Serperior who can be a scary Pokemon to face if I don't play carefully.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is my lead 95% of the time. Usually just gets Stealth Rocks down and hard walls nearly every special attacker. Sure yeah, some run Taunt and setup moves but usually they lose to Chansey anyway. I'm running the phys def spread so I can tank pretty much anything outside of a Close Combat to get rocks down early. For example offensive Garchomp Earthquake is often only a 4HKO. I'm using double healing moves as sometimes Chansey needs to heal itself and sometimes it needs to pass to someone else. Wish is mostly filler though and outside of healing Ditto or Landorus in long games it isn't super vital. Toxic or Heal Bell would likely work fine.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Static 3 attacks Zapdos is a total nightmare for offensive teams. Switching in on Landorus u-turn and paralyzing it is hilarious and often leads to rage quits. Completely annihilates stuff like Scizor, Pinsir, Kartana, Hawlucha, Ferrothorn, and Celesteela. Very hard to kill off for good and VERY hard to switch in to. I would like to run Defog here as it has more opportunities than Landorus but I can't lose any of the 3 attacks without getting walled by something. I thought of using Volt Switch but then I would start getting ruined by random things with Substitute. I could probably run some speed here but imo I never felt like I really needed it. I have no idea why Smogon is auto linking Zapdos's stats to Magic cards and I am far too lazy to fix it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Regenerator is such a broken ability. It rewards bad plays, and thankfully I am a bad player. Toxapex is so mindlessly easy to use. Some teams crumble to Toxic Spikes, and for those who don't I can just spam for Scald burns. Haze keeps me from dying to setup sweepers that boost their defense like Kommo-o and some Clefable. Regenerator + Leftovers heals close to all the damage from Rotom W Volt Switch so I can just stay in like an asshole spamming Scald.

@ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Curse
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Curse Scizor is, like Thanos, inevitable. The key to using it is to play it like a normal defensive Scizor early on. Spam U-turn and rocks + toxic spikes to wear down and lure out counters. Once all the sources of fire have been dealt with Scizor can just break down teams. Curse lets it beat things that try to match it in boosts with SD or DD. So incredibly bulky that it can even take on intimidated Fire Punches. I like switching in on Kartana as they Swords Dance. Sacred Sword has to reach +4 to 2HKO so I just let them kill me, get the Beast Boost, then use Ditto to sweep with a +5 Scarf Kartana lol.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

Landorus-T is kind of filler here. I felt really weak to Mega Mawile as it was too slow to take advantage of with Ditto, yet too strong to wall. Landorus checks it well enough. I run enough Attack to OHKO max HP Mawile and Tyranitar with enough speed to outrun max speed Tyranitar and 56 speed Rotom W. I can probably afford to take some EVs out of Attack if there are some more speed tiers to hit. Generally all this thing does is switch in on setup sweepers to cast the intimidate, then U-turn to Ditto or a tank. Sometimes it Defogs! Knock Off is kinda filler but it's nice to help wear down Celesteela and Rotom W. Could probably go Toxic but I really like Knock Off's Z move scouting effect.

Anyhow that's my dumb Ditto team! Some issues include defensive setup Pokemon that beat both Ditto and Toxapex such as CM Reuniclus and some omni-boosters like Victini. Stall is annoying mostly because it just turns into PP stall. Winning PP stall requires skill and let's be honest, I lack such a thing.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So I'm going to guess that this is not a completely new team idea, that you created, even if you wrote it as such. The team is pretty clearly a new adaption of the infamous p2 team, that has an archived RMT you can read here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ghost-town.3636439/. I'm assuming you either read this RMT or fought against it enough on the ladder that you wanted to give it a try, and fine tune it in the meta after Zygarde has been banned. There is nothing wrong with that, but next time please don't try and pass the team off as your own original concept, with a team building process as if you built the team from nothing.

If you're still looking to use a variation of this team I would suggest watching the following replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-446959
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-447172

Both games are from the WCOP and show team Spain's take on the classic in a post-Zygarde meta, utilizing Gliscor as the team's Ground type. I hope you find them useful, and I would recommend giving this variation a try, I'm sure you can find the sets by watching through the replays.

However, onto a bit of bad news. I am going to lock this thread as I fear there will be a lot of one liners commenting on stealing teams, and jokes about how someone can't believe you thought of such a team. With this in mind I am going to lock the thread, and if anyone does have some help/piece of advice to provide feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll unlock the thread so you can post the rate.

Also just a note that after posting a RMT you must wait 2 weeks before posting another, as stated in the forum's rules. Even if you delete the thread, you still must wait. With that in mind refrain from posting another RMT until after June 26th or I will be forced to lock the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)