A Shooting Star

A Shooting Star

Hi everyone! This is yet another version of my WishCM Jirachi team I have been revamping constantly since September. It is a bulky offense team with the primary goal being a sweep with Jirachi. I named it "A Shooting Star" because it's based on Jirachi, the star of the show, who is known for granting wishes. Gosh I'm clever.

In-depth Analysis

Tyranitar
@ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 228 SpD / 24 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Payback
- Low Kick
- Taunt
---
Team Role
Tyranitar has grown to become my favorite lead. It has great match ups against many of the top ten leads leads, particularly sleep-inducing leads such as Roserade and Smeargle. The main reasons I chose Tyranitar over other leads is for Sand Stream and its ability to beat some of Jirachi's counters. Sandstorm makes it easier for Jirachi to sweep since it doesn't have a lot of initial power. Furthermore, Tyranitar's incredible special defense lets me sponge Draco Meteors with ease, allowing it to counter Latias and check Salamence.

Moveset & EVs
Stealth Rock is crucial to any team. Payback was chosen over Crunch for its ability to OHKO Roserade and most Smeargle leads after Sandstorm damage. Low Kick allows Tyranitar OHKO opposing Tyranitar leads and 2HKO ShucaTran leads. Taunt allows Tyranitar to function as a decent stall-breaker. It might look odd on a slow lead like Tyranitar, but it prevents Dual Screen Azelf/Uxie from setting up anything besides Reflect (though Azelf is less predictable). It's also great for stopping Ninjask and catching Skarmory, Gyarados, and Breloom on the switch, preventing them from setting up.

252 HP/228 SpD EVs ensure that Tyranitar is never 2HKO'd by SpecsLatias' Surf, even after Stealth Rock. 4 Atk EVs guarantee that Payback OHKOs Roserade leads after Sandstorm. The remaining 24 Spe EVs let me outrun most Tyranitar leads, allowing me to OHKO them with Superpower. Lum Berry is for sleep-inducing leads but it also keeps Tyranitar safe from Will-O-Wisp.

Changes Being Considered
Since Roserade and Smeargle aren't as popular these days, I have considered Crunch over Payback. This lets Tyranitar absorb Trick'd Scarfs without weakening Payback. I've considered Superpower over Low Kick as well, but I dislike the stat drops from Superpower.
---

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
---

Team Role
Gliscor acts as the team's stall breaker and provides checks to SD Lucario, non-HP Ice Jolteon, non-Ice Punch Agiligross/Machamp, and most forms of Tyranitar. Gliscor supports the team by hitting Blissey, Swampert, and (most importantly) Celebi with Toxic so that Jirachi can have an easier time sweeping.

Moveset & EVs
The moveset is the standard Stallbreaker Gliscor set. The combination of Taunt and Toxic shuts down most stall teams with ease while Earthquake is the obligatory STAB move. Roost provides a reliable form of recovery. Sand Veil is the obvious ability of choice since Tyranitar sets up Sandstorm immediately.

I maxed out speed so that I can beat other Gliscor that don't run max speed. This is important so that I can beat them to the Taunt/Toxic. Those Def EVs were not preventing any sort of KOs anyways.

Changes Being Considered
Sometimes I use U-Turn over Toxic because SubGengar can be a big problem for this team if it gets a Substitute up.
---

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Team Role
Rotom-H absorbs status, mostly burns and paralysis which most of my Pokemon seem to attract. This makes handling Breloom much easier, who is otherwise a major nuisance to this team. Rotom-H also checks several deadly sweepers, such as Gyarados, SD Scizor, and Agility Metagross/Lucario. It does a great job of crippling Scarf Tyranitar since Jolly Crunch cannot OHKO it, which gives Latias and Jirachi an easier time sweeping.

Moveset & EVs
The moveset is standard for a Rest/Talk Rotom. Thunderbolt was chosen over Discharge because it gets some KOs that Discharge would miss (Starmie in particular). Will-O-Wisp hits incoming Tyranitar and also stops the aforementioned sweepers. Rest and Sleep Talk allow Rotom-H to shrug off status and provides recovery so that it can continue to check the threats it is designated to stop.

I modified the EV spread to my liking. Max HP and 216 Def EVs makes sure that Rotom takes less than 75% damage from ScarfTar's Pursuit or Crunch, so that it can switch back into Stealth Rock later. The 40 SpD EVs are there to soften blows from Starmie and other special attacks.

Changes Being Considered
Rest-Talk Gyarados came to mind for this slot as well. However, late-game Agiligross became a problem so I kept Rotom instead. Vaporeon is another consideration for this slot but it can't handle SD Scizor and LO-Agiligross that well.
---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
---
Team Role
Here is the star of the show! I was first introduced to this set back in September in my old RMT thread, where a poster referred me to Team Sugarless Girl by Jumpluff & Earthworm. I have used it ever since and it remains my favorite Jirachi moveset. Early game, I generally play Jirachi for team support, passing Wish around until I have seen all of my opponent's team. Once my opponent's team has been weakened by residual damage, I send out Jirachi to set up and sweep.

Moveset & EVs
This set is extremely popular these days so I'm sure most of you know how it works. Psychic and Thunderbolt are the attacking skills which provide decent neutral coverage. I chose Psychic over Flash Cannon because I hated being walled by Swamper, Rotom-A, and even the rare Electivire. Wish turns Jirachi into a sturdy sweeper and team supporter, providing recovery for its teammates and itself.

The EV spread and nature are not what you would normally see on WishCM Jirachi. I opted for more speed so that I could outrun offensive Suicune and Jolly Lucario, two of the biggest threats to this team. The extra speed lets me Calm Mind before Suicune's attack hits, which lets Jirachi beat it one-on-one barring critical hits. Jirachi can also revenge kill a weakned Jolly Lucario after Close Combat drops and Life Orb recoil. Besides the aforementioned Pokemon, the speed EVs let Jirachi outrun non-Scarfed Heatran/Rotom, SubCM Jirachi, and 216 Speed Gliscor. HP is maxed out to improve bulk on both sides of the spectrum. The remaining EVs are allocated to Defense to soften physical blows.

Changes Being Considered
I may change the EV spread back to the standard 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Speed with a Bold nature. The extra bulk lets Jirachi take out Swampert and it is never 2HKO'd by MixMence's Earthquake.
---

Latias @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
---
Team Roles
Latias' main role on this team is to take out Jirachi's counters. She is a great partner for Jirachi since she covers its weaknesses perfectly and easily stops Heatran and Infernape, which are big problems for Jirachi. Besides that, Latias is simply great for punching holes into my opponent's team early game or cleaning up late game. Unlike Jirachi, Specs Latias hits like a nuke without requiring any set up.

Moveset & EVs
The moveset is the standard Specs Latias set. Draco Meteor will put huge dents in anything that isn't a Steel type or Blissey. Surf or Thunderbolt is the main attack used early game to scout for Steel types. Surf will hit Tyranitar much harder, but Thunderbolt doesn't invite Salamence or Kingdra to set up like Surf does. Trick will cripple incoming Blissey, and also makes setting up Jirachi much easier.

Nothing fancy about the EVs. Speed is maxed out to outspeed as much as possible, such as positive base 100's and tie with opposing Latias and Gengar. Special attack is maxed out to hit as hard as possible.

Changes Being Considered
Considering Dragon Pulse over something for clean-up purposes.
---

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 176 Atk / 172 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
---
Team Role
What can I say about this that you don't already know? Scizor is the king of OU for a good reason. It serves as the main revenge killer for this team, primarily used to take out speedy attackers like Salamence, Latias, and Gengar. It also scouts my opponent's team with U-Turn, piling up entry hazard damage in the process. Also, Jirachi despises Celebi and Latias so Scizor can remove them and clear the path for Jirachi's sweep. Furthermore, Scizor is a great lure for some of Jirachi's other counters, such as Heatran, Swampert, and Gliscor.

Moveset & EVs
The moveset is standard. Bullet Punch is for revenge killing threats that I don't have covered by my other Pokemon, most notably Salamence and Gengar. U-Turn not only scouts my opponent's team, but it also puts dents in my opponent's team when paired with Stealth Rock. I chose Brick Break to remove Dual Screens, since things like Suicune and Jirachi are absolutely devastating behind them. To be honest, I never once used Superpower so I opted for more utility with Brick Break.

The EVs provide Scizor with extra Special bulk so that it can take down things like Starmie and HP-Fire-less Latias while having enough health to spare. This EV spread is only about 10% weaker than the standard but there aren't any significant KOs lost by not running maximum attack anyways. I didn't add any speed EVs so that I don't lose in a Scizor vs Scizor situation since U-Turning second is more beneficial.

Changes Being Considered
I'm considering Quick Attack over Pursuit to handle things like Kingdra, Infernape, and even Gyarados if Rotom-H is down.
---

The Threats

I'm not going to bother listing out how I handle every Pokemon in the game. Instead, I've outlined the major threats that I have encountered and have difficulty stopping. They are in descending order of danger:

Machamp
Words cannot express how much I hate the anti-lead set. One misprediction and I could easily lose AT LEAST one Pokemon. I usually switch into Gliscor on the DynamicPunch and then bring in Jirachi or Rotom-H.

Starmie
Three Attacks + Life Orb is brutal. If it is a lead, Tyranitar can survive Hydro Pump and take it down with Payback. If it isn't a lead, much like Machamp, I'll have to predict around it a lot to bring in Scizor or Rotom-H. Scizor can survive a LO Hydro Pump and KO it with U-Turn while Rotom-H can do the same with Thunderbolt.

Kingdra
DD Kingdra, if it manages to set up, can be very difficult for me to take down.

Salamence
It isn't a huge problem unless I'm stupid and let Scizor get trapped by Magnezone.

Dragonite
Anti-Lead Dragonite is hard to predict against, particularly if it has Superpower.
I usually have to bring in Latias early on.

Suicune

Jirachi can attempt to setup alongside it. Latias has to Trick against Suicune with Roar.

Rating Your Team

Tyranitar: You have set up your Tyranitar for defense yet you give it an Adamant nature. Because of Sand Stream Tyranitar's special defense goes up by 50% automatically because of sandstorm. So I would say to put more Evs into physical defense to make him more balanced.If you use the Ev set(with a careful nature) of 252 HP 200 Def 40 Sp.Def 16 Speed its final stats will be HP 404 Def 306 Sp. Def with Sandstorm bonus 405 without 270 Speed 162.
Forretress: Is way better as a physical wall than a special wall. Consider making it more physical wall than a special. Also you do not need two Pokemon knowing payback. Either make Forretress get a different move or make Tyranitar learn Crunch.
Rotom-W: No Comment
Jirachi: You said in the start that the point of this team is to set up for Jirachi. Then why is he got a physical wall's stat distribution. Without any Evs in special attack or a positive nature it means his special attack is only 236. Also if you make these changes(you don't have to) then you will be light on in defense.
Latias: Nothing to say but you will probably have to change it for another pokemon because Latias will probably have to go back to Uber.
Breloom: Nothing to say.

Overview of the Team: Your team is very Special based which means that Blissey will cause you problems. On the Upside any Physical sweeper would find it hard against your team. Keep Working on It!

Tyranitar: You have set up your Tyranitar for defense yet you give it an Adamant nature. Because of Sand Stream Tyranitar's special defense goes up by 50% automatically because of sandstorm. So I would say to put more Evs into physical defense to make him more balanced.If you use the Ev set(with a careful nature) of 252 HP 200 Def 40 Sp.Def 16 Speed its final stats will be HP 404 Def 306 Sp. Def with Sandstorm bonus 405 without 270 Speed 162.

Tyranitar needs an Adamant nature to OHKO Roserade and most Smeargle leads. Plus, the extra special defense from Careful nature doesn't save it from any KOs except Gengar's Focus Blast. Even then, Tyranitar has to be at full health or it will lose to Gengar. The special defense EVs are crucial for stopping Latias.

Forretress: Is way better as a physical wall than a special wall. Consider making it more physical wall than a special. Also you do not need two Pokemon knowing payback. Either make Forretress get a different move or make Tyranitar learn Crunch.

I beg to differ. IMO Forretress does a great job as a special wall since it can actually counter CM Latias and safely Explode on non-bulky Suicune. Plus, most of the Ghost types that switch into it are special based. Payback is very useful on Forretress for these reasons.

Rotom-W: No Comment
Jirachi: You said in the start that the point of this team is to set up for Jirachi. Then why is he got a physical wall's stat distribution. Without any Evs in special attack or a positive nature it means his special attack is only 236. Also if you make these changes(you don't have to) then you will be light on in defense.

The point of WishCM Jirachi is to get multiple Calm Mind boosts. Sure, after 1 CM Jirachi is still pretty weak, but the extra bulk lets it set up multiple boosts.

Latias: Nothing to say but you will probably have to change it for another pokemon because Latias will probably have to go back to Uber.

Yeah I realize that as well. I'm considering DD Salamence with Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Roost for this slot if Latias is voted Uber.

Breloom: Nothing to say.

Overview of the Team: Your team is very Special based which means that Blissey will cause you problems. On the Upside any Physical sweeper would find it hard against your team. Keep Working on It!

Actually I have no problems with Blissey at all. Jirachi can beat her one-on-one and Breloom can usually force her out. Plus, with two Trick users on this team, Blissey has to be very careful switching into Rotom or Latias.
Responses in bold.

Thanks for your suggestions, keep em' coming!

I added in a mini-threat list too.

Just a quick nit pick but on Tyranitars profile you say outrun and KO opposing Tyranitar leads with Low Kick. I think you mean Superpower. :P

Now the rate:

The team looks solid enough and seems stable. The one thing I would
say is change Rotom-W to Scarf Rotom-H to better check Lucario. But hey, just my cup of tea. Awesomr team :) and good luck playing with it! :)

Nice team Bribery!on1!!1!

I like your team, a lot. So im not going to try and change anything too ridiculous. Just watch out for Gengar, as a sub set will 1hKo or 2hKo your entire team - bar Jirachi, but then you have to expose it early on.

You may want to try to switch Fortress into your lead position. Why?

• Fortress "wins" against Swampert, Metagross, Skarmory, Hippo, Bronzong. (When I say wins, I mean sets up Stealth Rock, and atleast one layer of spikes)
  • Tyranitar wins against Heatran, Roserade, Azelf, Smeargle
Besides those previously mentioned pokes, they all lose to the same leads: Infernape and Gliscor and Dragonite. With the sleeping leads, you can switch to Scarf Rotom to take the powder, since your Rotom is just assurance against things you already check, such as DD Gyara, Empoleon, Gengar (All of which Jirachi can beat 1on1)

This will allow you to make your Tyranitar a Scarf'ed Jolly version, in order to take out Rotom + Gengar who would otherwise cause you trouble. Just a suggestion

I'm sure you're aware of the scarf Tyranitar set, so I'm not going to bother paste it, but the Fortress set I suggest is:

@ Shed Shell, Impish
252HP/44Def/212SpDef
  • Rapid Spin
  • Stealth Rocks
  • Spikes
  • Payback/Earthquake/Explosion
:) Nice team.

Just a quick nit pick but on Tyranitars profile you say outrun and KO opposing Tyranitar leads with Low Kick. I think you mean Superpower. :P

Now the rate:

The team looks solid enough and seems stable. The one thing I would
say is change Rotom-W to Scarf Rotom-H to better check Lucario. But hey, just my cup of tea. Awesomr team :) and good luck playing with it! :)
Oops, thanks for catching that. ;P

I'll consider Rotom-H, though Rotom-W's Thunderbolt OHKO's Lucario after a Close Combat drop anyways.

Nice team Bribery!on1!!1!

I like your team, a lot. So im not going to try and change anything too ridiculous. Just watch out for Gengar, as a sub set will 1hKo or 2hKo your entire team - bar Jirachi, but then you have to expose it early on.

You may want to try to switch Fortress into your lead position. Why?

• Fortress "wins" against Swampert, Metagross, Skarmory, Hippo, Bronzong. (When I say wins, I mean sets up Stealth Rock, and atleast one layer of spikes)
  • Tyranitar wins against Heatran, Roserade, Azelf, Smeargle
Besides those previously mentioned pokes, they all lose to the same leads: Infernape and Gliscor and Dragonite. With the sleeping leads, you can switch to Scarf Rotom to take the powder, since your Rotom is just assurance against things you already check, such as DD Gyara, Empoleon, Gengar (All of which Jirachi can beat 1on1)

This will allow you to make your Tyranitar a Scarf'ed Jolly version, in order to take out Rotom + Gengar who would otherwise cause you trouble. Just a suggestion

I'm sure you're aware of the scarf Tyranitar set, so I'm not going to bother paste it, but the Fortress set I suggest is:

@ Shed Shell, Impish
252HP/44Def/212SpDef
  • Rapid Spin
  • Stealth Rocks
  • Spikes
  • Payback/Earthquake/Explosion
:) Nice team.
Gengar really hasn't bothered me since it can't safely set up Substitute on any of my Pokemon. Even Breloom's Seed Bomb can 2HKO it and Breloom is usually behind Substitute when Gengar comes in.

I'll try this suggestion out though. Then I can switch to a bulky Rotom set without worrying about the lack of speed.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hello,

Got your PM and will try to help.
First of all, this team is already quite solid and well-thought. The concept of laying down several layers of entry hazards and finally setting up Jirachi for a sweep is featured very nicely. Therefore I think I won't have to suggest too many changes here. However your team has some problems, namely DD Salamence, Dragonite, DD Tyranitar with Fire Punch and Machamp to an extent. Here is what I would change:

Tyranitar: Provides you with a reliable special tank and SR support. The only things I would change is Taunt to Rest and Lum Berry to Chesto Berry. Taunt is not the best choice as Tyranitar is pretty slow and it can really need some recovery as you also rely on it as your special tank later in the game. Chesto Berry will still protect you from Sleeper leads but also provides you with a one time 100% instant recovery. Also, keep Payback over Crunch and Superpower over Low Kick for consistently higher damage. However Stone Edge is also a good option over Superpower as it is a very powerful stab attack and ohkoes Dragonite leads.
Also an EV spread of 252HP, 220SpDef, 4Spe and 28 Atk should work better as you will still outspeed most other Ttar leads and are guaranteed to get Roserade down to Sand Storm killing range with Payback.

Forretress: 44 Attack EVs are needed to score some important ohkos and 2hkos aganst Gengar and Rotom respectively, so you should use 252HP, 44Atk and 216SpDef. Also a Careful nature can be used to take special hits even better. Even though mathematically speaking Impish is more beneficial, Forretress will really appreciate the special bulk, so you should give it a try.

Jirachi: You said you didn't want to change anything and I think it won't be necessary either. So keep your set.

Breloom: The set is obvious and perfect. I would only use more Speed, as now you only tie with max base 65 like Scizor and you will be outsped by everything that tries to outspeed Scizor (like defensive Rotom for instance). In order to also outrun defensive Celebi, Zapdos and many Jirachi you would need 244 EVs. A spread of 12HP, 252 Atk and 244 Spe will also provide optimal Poison Healing. Alternatively you can just max the speed out in order to at least tie against Adamant max speed Breloom and Metagross.

Latias: Although I know how hard the specs set can hit, I suggest a Scarf over Specs. The reason for that is quite simple: The extra speed will allow you to revenge kill many dangerous threats (like DD Sakamence) and is more important for you than the extra power. Then I would use either Thunderbolt or Grass Knot over Dragon Pulse. TBolt is the superior choice as it ohkoes any Gyarados and hits Empoleon and Vaporeon hard. Grass Knot, however, will 2hko any Tyranitar set after Stealth Rock damage and hit Suicune harder, who can give you trouble with its offensive CM set. Having a grass move will also help against Swampert. I guess you will have to test which one works better for you.

EDIT: Latias is most probably going to be Uber soon so I'd like to suggest a replacement for it. As Latias now functions as your Scarfed revenge killer, I believe the best replacement for it will be Scarf Flygon. You will lose tons of special bulk but at least Flygon won't be Pursuit bait any more. Also Ttar takes special assaults like a champ. Stab Earthquake is also just great.

Rotom: Well, I don't really know if you should keep the Scarf here. I see that it checks some really important things for your team but dropping a Scarf and using a bulkier set also has its benefits: First, Ttar's Sandstorm will wear Rotom down slowly and limits its chances to switch in, Second, This Rotom seems a bit too frail to efficiently block Rapid Spin throughout a whole match (which it will have to do as you heavily rely on your entry hazards) and Third, having two choiced Pokemon that are weak to Pursuit doesn't sound appealing. Therefore you should probably at least try out a bulkier set like this.
Rotom-H@Leftovers
Bold-252HP, 88Spe, 168Def
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest/Shadow Ball
-Sleep Talk/Overheat
RestTalk will add to its survivability. However if you feel Wish support by Jirachi is enough, feel free to use coverage moves instead.

Hope this helped. Good Luck !

Thanks a lot for rating my team, your suggestions were very helpful.

I changed Tyranitar's EVs to 252 HP / 28 Atk / 12 Spe / 216 SpD, simply because I want that extra assurance of outspeeding opposing Tyranitar incase they also carry Superpower/Low Kick. However, I tried the Chesto-Rest strategy and didn't like it. Rest became a wasted slot more often than not. Taunt is very useful against those Dual Screen teams because I'm very weak to Suicune/CMRachi behind screens.

I decided to leave Forretress' EVs as is. Those attack EVs aren't really needed under Sandstorm, except against Bulky Rotoms. However, maxing SpD makes it less likely for offensive CM Latias to 2HKO Forretress with Surf.

For Breloom, I've been considering using the offensive set: Jolly with Spore/Superpower/Seed Bomb/Facade. It has an easier time against it's common counters and still hits incoming Salamence hard with Facade. Any thoughts? Currently, it can't really outspeed anything else significant. Most bulky Jirachi/Celebi/Zapdos have enough speed to outpace Adamant Breloom anyways.

Now for Rotom, when I switched to a bulky set, I found that Jolly SD Lucario could wipe out my team if it setup on Latias locked into Dragon Pulse. I think I'll keep Rotom Scarfed, though it is rather redundant having Scarf Latias and Scarf Rotom on the same team. Scarf Latias is great and it covers my DD Mence weakness well, but otherwise there is a lot of overlap between the two. Dilemma here. xD

As for my Latias replacement if it is voted Uber, I'll most likely go with the Rest/Sleep Talk Suicune with Surf and Ice Beam. This still covers Heatran and also can take out DD Mence, though I will lose some of Latias' useful resistances.

EDIT: Decided to switch to Rotom-H to cover Agiligross.

Hi again,

Well, of course you're free to run whatever moves you like on lead Ttar. Nevertheless I was always totally satisfied with the Chesto Rest set when I used it and I still think that such a slow taunt won't work too well. Even if you manage to Taunt an Azelf after Reflect, it will certainly switch out to a Dark resisting team member. So after the 2nd turn the field will look like this: Opponent: SR or Reflect up (depending on what they used first turn) and the clear momentum on the field (as something like Scizor will have switched in). You: Either SR up if you used it on the switch or very little damage to a Ttar counter. Either way Taunt didn't really help you. But of course you're free to keep it if you want.

Forretress: Okay, matter of preference between more special bulk or power. Still I would prefer the attack investment, as it will guarantee some crucial ohkos/2hkos while the added bulk won't avoid any important ohkos/2hkos iirc (both calcs including Sand Storm damage).

The main reason why I would keep the usual Spore Puncher for your team is the fact that it counters stall better than the offensive Superpower set. Outside of Stall Breaking Breloom doesn't do that much for your team and an offensive set wouldn't fit your balanced playstyle well.

First of all, I'm sorry I wanted to suggest a Timid nature with 188Spe, 252HP and 68Def EVs for Rotom to outrun Adamant Luke.
Well, still I see your dilemma. On the one hand having two pursuit weak Scarfers in one team with a Sandstorm inducing lead isn't really acceptable. On the other hand you won't be able to stop Jolly SD Lucario if you put Lefties on Rotom. You will certainly not be able to solve this problem without changing a team member completely. Options would be dropping Breloom completely for something that counters Lucario or using Substitute Gengar over Rotom. Neither of these options sound really good, so I don't know. I guess you will have hope Lucario isn't Jolly and try to prevent Lucario from SDing in general.

Hope I could help again. GL ;)

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great team, but it's currently pretty weak to dragon dance salamence; it finds opportunities to set up on tyranitar after a superpower, forretress (provided you don't explode him first), rotom-h locked into overheat, and latias locked into surf. Even after one dragon dance boost your entire team will really have a tough time standing up to its attacks as forretress and breloom will be KOed by fire blast, jirachi and tyranitar by earthquake, and rotom-h and latias by outrage. Unfortunately it can set up quite easily on your team, and while there is no way to stop that, you can check it. I think that you should try your hands at a choice scarf latias. It's essentially the same set that you are currently running, but with thunderbolt over dragon pulse. Choice scarf latias not only allows you to check salamence well, but she also checks dragon dance gyarados, who can dent your team if rotom-h gets pursuited early in the match. While it may seem redundant to have two scarfers on your team, I think that you'll find it to be a worthwhile change.

In my opinion you don't need to run specially defensive forretress seeing as you already have a specially bulky latias and a cm + wish jirachi who can boost its special defense sky-high. I think that overall you are going to be much better off with a normal physically defensive variant. I also think that you should run earthquake over payback just for the pure purpose of being able to beat agiliy metagross, who otherwise hurts your team (sure rotom-h can counter it, but after it gets pursuited, you're screwed).

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed nature | 252 HP | 112 Atk | 144 Def
Spikes | Rapid Spin | Earthquake | Explosion

I don't think that you are going to consider the lack of payback a huge loss, as it really doesn't hurt rotom-a too hard (especially defensive ones), and tyranitar can already hit rotom-a with a much more powerful payback (though rotom-a will probably switch out of tyranitar anyway). Oh and if you're wondering, the 112 attack evs are to ohko heatran and magnezone switchins after stealth rock damage.

I think that you should go with a faster EV spread on your Jirachi: 252 HP | 80 SpA | 176 Spe. This will allow you to beat adamant lucario as well as just outpace more things in general. I usually find that when I use calm mind + wish jirachi, i prefer the additional speed. Besides, your team already has some very bulky pokemon on it (i.e. tyranitar and forretress), and so I don't think all the defense evs are needed.

That's it, cool team and I hope to have helped!

Thanks for the suggestions Snorlaxe and Aircraft Cemetery. They have been very helpful for my team.

I changed Latias from Specs to Scarf, but I decided to use Dragon Pulse instead of Draco Meteor. I cannot afford to have Draco Meteor miss against DD Mence.

I've been considering these changes:
Stallbreaker Gliscor (with U-Turn most likely) over Breloom
This will cover my Jolly Lucario weakness easily. Gliscor can block Thunder Wave like Breloom and does well against Stall. Gliscor can -sort of- check Tyranitar and Agiligross as well. The main reason I added Breloom to this team was to take advantage of Choice'd Tyranitars, since the old version of this team was very weak to Scarf Tyranitar (I originally had Rest/Talk Gyarados over Breloom).

Then I can use the following Rotom set, which I have been loving. It's similar to the one Aircraft Cemetery suggested, but with Substitute to scout for Tyranitar.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

This still checks SD Scizor and Adamant Lucario, both of which Latias cannot revenge kill, and is less Pursuit bait than the Scarf version.

There are a few reasons I'm reluctant to drop Breloom though. Firstly, Swampert/Suicune become a bit of a nuisance to this team since nothing poses an immediate threat to them. Rotom can burn Swampert, but that doesn't stop it from Roaring through my team and piling up entry hazard damage. Secondly, a lot of teams are quite simply unprepared for Breloom.

Any thoughts?

Some other responses:
Hi again,

Well, of course you're free to run whatever moves you like on lead Ttar. Nevertheless I was always totally satisfied with the Chesto Rest set when I used it and I still think that such a slow taunt won't work too well. Even if you manage to Taunt an Azelf after Reflect, it will certainly switch out to a Dark resisting team member. So after the 2nd turn the field will look like this: Opponent: SR or Reflect up (depending on what they used first turn) and the clear momentum on the field (as something like Scizor will have switched in). You: Either SR up if you used it on the switch or very little damage to a Ttar counter. Either way Taunt didn't really help you. But of course you're free to keep it if you want.

Against Azelf I always Payback since it's very unpredictable. Payback 2HKO's the Dual Screen lead after Reflect anyways, so at best, all it can do is set up Reflect and Stealth Rock. However, lead Uxie in OU is usually a Dual Screener, against which Payback is a 3HKO. This gives it enough time to set up Dual Screens and Stealth Rock with ease. I've encountered a lot of people on the ladder that stole borrowed Philip7086's team and it's brutal if Uxie manages to set up. This also stops Bronzong's setup attempts for Trick Room, Screens, or Rain Dance.

Taunt also turns Tyranitar into a decent stall breaker. I can send it in on Blissey and Taunt the obvious Skarmory/Forretress switch-in or shut down Blissey's recovery and 2HKO it with Superpower. Thanks to Lum Berry and Taunt, I can thwart Rotom's attempts to WoW Tyranitar.
In my opinion you don't need to run specially defensive forretress seeing as you already have a specially bulky latias and a cm + wish jirachi who can boost its special defense sky-high. I think that overall you are going to be much better off with a normal physically defensive variant. I also think that you should run earthquake over payback just for the pure purpose of being able to beat agiliy metagross, who otherwise hurts your team (sure rotom-h can counter it, but after it gets pursuited, you're screwed).

I don't think that you are going to consider the lack of payback a huge loss, as it really doesn't hurt rotom-a too hard (especially defensive ones), and tyranitar can already hit rotom-a with a much more powerful payback (though rotom-a will probably switch out of tyranitar anyway). Oh and if you're wondering, the 112 attack evs are to ohko heatran and magnezone switchins after stealth rock damage.

The main reason I wanted a specially defensive Forretress was for Latias, and to a lesser extent, Suicune. CM Latias can set up on a bunch of my team currently, Jirachi in particular. Tyranitar is probably the best Latias check in the game, but it takes quite a beating as a lead. Forretress can beat non-HP Fire versions since Payback does over 50% to it. Explosion can put a huge dent in offensive Suicune as well. The EVs keep it safe from getting OHKO'd.

However, if I decide not to make the above changes, I will try out the physical set to counter the threats you mentioned.

I think that you should go with a faster EV spread on your Jirachi: 252 HP | 80 SpA | 176 Spe. This will allow you to beat adamant lucario as well as just outpace more things in general. I usually find that when I use calm mind + wish jirachi, i prefer the additional speed. Besides, your team already has some very bulky pokemon on it (i.e. tyranitar and forretress), and so I don't think all the defense evs are needed.

I'll try this spread if I don't use Gliscor. I've grown to love the extra bulk on Jirachi since it can be a decent Gyarados check if necessary.

Okay, that Gliscor change was something I also considered when I said you could replace breloom with a SD Lucario check. However I noticed just the same problems that you did. Without Breloom Swampert will really screw you as nothing in your team will be able to take it down (especially CurseRest variants will 6-0 you). The only easy fix I see is making your Rotom the Lawnmower instead of the Oven. Then you can use Leaf Storm to kill Swampert. Swampert will still counter half of your team but at least you will have something to ohko it.

The Suicune problems are not that much bigger than before as even Breloom will easily be killed by offensive Cune's Ice Beam. This ting will remain one of your most dangerous threats, so you should try to explode Forry on it or wear it down with Latias/Rotom.

If you choose to use Gliscor in the last slot I would at least use Toxic over U-Turn. If you can hit offensive Suicune and Swampert switch ins with it, it will greatly help you wearing them down. Poisoning Latias switchins also will also be appreciated, so for your team a set of EQ, Roost, Toxic, Taunt should work best.

Have a nice day

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to have to say that I really don't think that you should ditch breloom for gliscor on your team. Breloom is essentially one of the only pokemon on your team who can take out blissey reliably; otherwise, she can wall a great portion of your team with relative ease. Also breloom helps you out a lot against bulky waters who could otherwise be kinda hard for your team. Breloom just breaks down so many special walls for jirachi's sweep that it isn't even funny, and so I really feel that your team would benefit much more from keeping breloom and having it continue to run the same set, as it really works great on your team.

I'm all for you using that Rotom set if you like it, but here's something that I want you to think about: I really do not want you to use gliscor if only to cover up your weakness to swords dance lucario. That rotom set its good and it can still outpace adamant lucario, which is nice; so really the fact that you would use gliscor just to cover up a minor weakness to jolly lucario seems like overkill to me. Latias can survive jolly lucario's +2 extremespeed, while forretress can survive a +2 close combat and ko back with earthquake. So overall what I'm saying is use that rotom set, but don't use gliscor.

Good point Snorlaxe. Breloom is really invaluable to this team. I tried Gliscor and it flopped xD.

I decided to switch to a Sub Rotom to handle Tyranitar better. I also allocated 64 Def EVs on Latias so that it takes 80% max from +2 Jolly Luc ExtremeSpeed, just to be safe after 1 turn of Sandstorm and Stealth Rock.

Anymore suggestions on the team?

A great solid Team here Bribery. Good job =].

I have a few suggestions. You said you gave your Rotom that set so it can deal with Tyranitars and Lucarios better. You also said you'd want a Rest Talk Suicune in your team, and I can see status being quite a problem for you. (No one to take Twave or WoW).

I advise you change your current rotom form to a Sleep Talk version. It will outspeed Lucarios and it takes hardly anything from Pursuit if you predict right.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252HP / 88Def / 188Spe
Moves:
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt / Discharge

Hope I helped. :)

I'll try that Rotom set out, though I prefer Substitute since it's easier to predict with. Breloom can usually block status anyways.

I'll be using Rest/Sleep Talk Suicune if Latias goes Uber since it can still counter DD Mence. Then Rotom will be Scarf'd again.

Thanks for the suggestions, anyone else?

Using my bump since I made some significant changes. The main problem I needed to address was with my heavy reliance on Pursuit-bait Latias to eliminate deadly sweepers (Gyarados, DDMence). I decided to drop Scarf Latias, along with Breloom, to address this issue. I think I have the same threats covered without being pwned by Pursuit.

Here are the changes and the reasons I made them:

Choice Band Scizor > SporePuncher Breloom
DD Mence was becoming a huge problem since Scarf Latias is major Pursuit bait. Breloom was also the main Pokemon that Salamence could set up on.

Choice Specs Latias > Choice Scarf Latias
With Scizor covering Salamence, I decided to go back to Choice Specs Latias for more power.

Rest/Talk Rotom-W > Substitute/Will-O-Wisp Rotom-H
With Scarf Latias and Breloom gone, I needed something that could counter Gyarados and absorb status. This Rotom also handles Anti-Lead Machamp better, which was ripping the old version apart.

I also switched Jirachi's EV spread to a speedier one so that I could outspeed offensive Suicune.

Any thoughts on these changes? Did I unknowingly make myself more weak to certain threats?

The weaknes/resistance chart at the top is wrong...
It says you have 2 Pokemon who resist Dragon (you have 3), and that you have a Pokemon weak to Dragon (but you possess no dragons on the team)

The weaknes/resistance chart at the top is wrong...
It says you have 2 Pokemon who resist Dragon (you have 3), and that you have a Pokemon weak to Dragon (but you possess no dragons on the team)
Sorry that was the old typing chart which I forgot to remove; thanks for catching that. I removed it for now until I put the next one up.

Just a small note, you have a HP Fire Latias weakness on your team. Tyranitar makes a good check, but leads tend to take a beating and without Pursuit, Latias can simply switch out and come back in later. Additionally, your Jirachi can't hit Latias for neutral, which is an issue.
I know you don't want to switch Jirachi's moveset, but Flash Cannon might help here.

I decided to switch back to Choice Specs Latias instead of Gyarados. I missed Latias' nuking abilities :P This will also cover the slight HP-Fire Latias weakness I had a bit better.

I also decided to drop Forretress for Stall-Breaker Gliscor, which was in one of the earlier versions of this team. Rapid Spinning was the main reason I had Forretress on this team but it was way too difficult to pull off with all those Rotom-A running around. Stall-Breaker Gliscor sort-of fills its shoes by preventing hazards from being setup in the first place. Without Gyarados, I needed to cover SD Lucario which was the main reason I settled for Gliscor.

This will probably be the last update for this team since I'm pretty happy with it now (unless Latias is voted Uber).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)