ORAS OU A Sandstorm in Sandy Shores: A Mega Pinsir Sand Team

With the rise in Sand in OU, do you think Excadrill is worthy of an S-Rank in viability?

• Total voters
Hello all :]

I haven't posted one of these in awhile as I haven't had much time to play me some good ole' Pokemon. However that has changed for the better, and to get back into the competitive scene I decided to revive one of my favorite Mega Pokemon, the powerhouse known as Pinsir! However, one of the first teams I tried out when getting back into competitive was a Sandstorm team, and boy was I impressed by dessemation it could cause to unprepared teams. So, after a lot of testing, I decided to build a team based off of both of these forces. I haven't played much lately but my account currently peaked at 1650, so if there's any improvement feel free to let me know! Now for the team!

Michael Townley (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Ah here it is, my favorite Mega Evolution without question! With threats like Keldeo and Mega-Venusaur currently on the rise in viability, this powerhouse is a clean counter to these monsters. Swords Dance is to boost this mon's Base 155 Attack to sky-high levels, and serves as a great late-game cleaner for teams that have been dented by Excadrill. Although Earthquake is a nice alternative move, I prefer to use Close Combat as it allows me to it threats such as Skarmory and Rotom-Wash, as a +2 lands is a guaranteed 2KO. Return is a obvious stab that any Pinsir must run, and I prefer to use Quick Attack as it hits harder than Feint for cleaning up.

Trevor Phillips (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is another force to be reckoned in the OU metagame. With a base 135 Attack Stat and 604 speed under Sand, this beast can completely tear through offensive teams. I believe Excadrill is a great teammate for Mega Pinsir, as it can take on some of Pinsir's biggest problems, such as Scarf Tyranitar, Mega Diancie/Metagross, and Talonflame. Earthquake and Iron Head are obvious stabs, and I run Rock Slide to pick off Talonflame, Thundurus, and Tornadous-Therian, all troublesome to Pinsir. Although Swords Dance is a tempting choice to run, Rapid Spin is neccessary, as it can be used to spin to allow Pinsir to come in without taking 50% from rocks after a Mega Evolution.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Despite a team built with powerhouses, Steel Types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory still gave me a lot of trouble. Originally a Gliscor and then a Scarf Keldeo, this still didn't cleane my problem of being walled. However, _Astral_ suggested that I should run a Scarf Magneton, as it is a solid counter to these annoying Steel Types. The reason for running Magneton over it's evolution Magnezone is to outspeed an Adamant Talonflame, which can also give my team a lot of trouble. Thunderbolt is used for obvious stab to hit those Flying types and Water types effectively, and Volt-Switch is for gaining momentum in the match. Hidden Power Fire is there to 2KO Ferrothorn, and Flash Cannon is there to hit those Fairies such as Mega-Gard and Clefable, although my team easily handles them.

THE MONSTERS (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

The obvious reason for using Tyranitar is to bring out Sand, and to check threats that can be difficult for my sweepers, such as the Latis, Talonflame, Tankchomp, and fat Landorus-T. Stealth Rock is used to pop focus sashes that can cause my team problems such as Breloom and Gengar, and Stone Edge is to hit Flying types for considerable damage. I run Crunch over Pursuit, as it lands a OKO on Starmie and Latios, and hits harder than the tempting alternative of Pursuit. Ice Beam is to pick off Tankchomp and Fat-Landorus, which is always nice to get respectable damage on these walls as it easily 2KOs them.

Grass Roots (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

After looking at my first 4 mons, it is screaming one weakness that gives these mons trouble: Starmie and Keldeo. Starmie and Keldeo are undoubtely 2 of the best Mons in OU, and these little fiends can give my team problems, as their water STABs either land a OKO or a 2KO on the mons mentioned, which is why Tangrowth must be introduced to the team. Tangrowth sponges both of their Water Stabs once an AV is attached, and both Starmies and Keldeo's stabs fail to land a 2KO, not to mention the godly ability Regenterator is, as it allows my Tangrowth to sponge many of these gruesome stabs. I prefer Leaf Storm over Giga Drain, as it allows me to OKO both Starmie/Keldeo to allow Excadrill/Pinsir to tear through teams without being blown back with a Hydro Pump. Earthquake is used as it allows me to pick off the occasional Heatran switch and 2KO it, although this team can easily handle Heatran. I prefer Hidden Power Fire over Ice, as it allows me to hit Scizor for a clean 2KO, which is another mon Excadrill/Pinsir can have a problem with, and even an Offensive Mega Scizor's Bug Bite fails to OKO Tangrowth, allowing me to dish out a hard hit effortlessly.

Von Miller (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Used to be a defensive Rotom-W, but one weakness on this team were mons such as Weaville and Swords Dance Bisharp, which can easilly have a field day against this team. Azumarill is an absolute monster with a choice band, as not only does it take on these threats, but also can take on some checks to my Pinsir/Excadrill, most notablly Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Play Rough is to hit the Dark types that give my team trouble, Waterfall is to hit Fire types such as Mega Charizard X and Volcorona, Superpower is to hit the annoying Steel types, and Aqua Jet is for priority late game.

Most notable counters:
Strong Water Types: One thing my team can have problems with are water types. Keldeo and Starmie are the most notable that come to mind, as a Specs/Life Orb Hydro Pump from either of these can OKO/2KO 5 of my 6 mons. When I see a strong water type, I must preserve Tangrowth.

Mega Sableye: This mon can be very difficult to deal with, as although Gliscor can 1v1 it easily, it must be careful switching in, as getting burned could be the end of the match.

Skarmory: Skarmory has always been a defensive tank, and this thing can give me trouble if not handled properlly. Skarmory walls 4 of my mons, and Specially Defensive Skarmory can be untouchable at some points.

Well I'm done for the night, this took awhile to write! Although this team can be devestating in some cases, it is by no-means perfect, so if you see something that you think would improve the team, feel free to let me know! Thanks for reading!

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Von Miller (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Hello Skarmory my Ole Friend (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
so the first thing i notice is that your team is really weak to opposing sand, especially swords dance air balloon variants of excadrill. your main sand check is rotom, which isn't very reliable because you're running scarf. like you mentioned, strong waters like azu can also give you a bit of trouble and while keldeo isn't exactly countered, running Physically Defensive Rotom-Wash > Scarf Rotom-Wash. Something else that can help you againt opposing sand is running Jolly Excadrill > Adamant Excadrill. Most sand rush exca are adamant, and having a jolly one to creep them gives you an edge. Edit: I just realized I put the wrong speed on rotom. it should be 216, not 168. my bad.

Now, tangrowth. tangrowth is one of my favorite mons to use, it's got really good bulk and some neat coverage as well. however, you're running an inefficient spread. since you're also pretty weak to mega gyarados, i think you should run more defense. try an alternate spread of 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD > 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. It also lets you handle sand better, avoiding the 2hko from life orb excadrill after sand.

now you don't really struggle much vs stall between excadrill and pinsir, so gliscor feels like an unnecessary mon (especially because it stacks a lot of weaknesses to low kick weavile and keldeo). you have little in the way of special offensive presence as well. breaking into one of the fastest speed tiers in ou would definitely be beneficial in helping you with stuff like mega lopunny and gengar, so try Scarf Keldeo > Gliscor.

zard y and mega zam also look a bit irritating so try Chople Berry > Smooth Rock on tyranitar.

I think that's it for now, good luck!

here's an importable

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Last edited:
so the first thing i notice is that your team is really weak to opposing sand, especially swords dance air balloon variants of excadrill. your main sand check is rotom, which isn't very reliable because you're running scarf. like you mentioned, strong waters like azu can also give you a bit of trouble and while keldeo isn't exactly countered, running Physically Defensive Rotom-Wash > Scarf Rotom-Wash. Something else that can help you againt opposing sand is running Jolly Excadrill > Adamant Excadrill. Most sand rush exca are adamant, and having a jolly one to creep them gives you an edge.

Now, tangrowth. tangrowth is one of my favorite mons to use, it's got really good bulk and some neat coverage as well. however, you're running an inefficient spread. since you're also pretty weak to mega gyarados, i think you should run more defense. try an alternate spread of 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD > 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. It also lets you handle sand better, avoiding the 2hko from life orb excadrill after sand.

now you don't really struggle much vs stall between excadrill and pinsir, so gliscor feels like an unnecessary mon (especially because it stacks a lot of weaknesses to low kick weavile and keldeo). you have little in the way of special offensive presence as well. breaking into one of the fastest speed tiers in ou would definitely be beneficial in helping you with stuff like mega lopunny and gengar, so try Scarf Keldeo > Gliscor.

zard y and mega zam also look a bit irritating so try Chople Berry > Smooth Rock on tyranitar.

I think that's it for now, good luck!

here's an importable

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

While I do like using Keldeo, I'm not sure if it really works on this team. I recently tested the team with the inclusion of Keldeo, and one mon that caused this team a lot of trouble was Talonflame; once sand goes down, Talonflame obliterates my sweepers once I lose Tyranitar and Rotom, and the Wisp set completely stomps on my team, as Wisp cripples 5 of my mons crucially. Another weakness I noticed with my team was Drum Azumarill, as once I lose Rotom, it's best to click that x at the top right lol. Also taking off Rock Slide made me have difficulty with Talonflame, as I couldn't really touch Talonflame that well. However, I do agree that Gliscor should be replaced, as Excadrill does it's sweeping job much better. For a possible replacement I was thinking of replacing Keldeo with phasing Suicune. Suicune is a hard counter to opposing Talonflame, and can ruin setup sweepers day by phasing it out with Roar, and I believe it forms a good defensive core with Tangrowth, as these two form a bulky core that can be difficult to deal with! Also I like the spread on Tangrowth much better than the previous one. I'm also thinking of putting T-Wave on the Tyranitar, as with a Chople berry I can tank stuff such as a mega Lopunny's Hi-Jump Kick or even a Tornadous-Therian's Superpower. Thanks for the advice, let me know what you think about Suicune.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man! Nice team! The concept of sandpinsir is cool.

I just can make a suggestion: using Gravity lifeorb LandorusT over gliscor. I'v the same team than you (almost) and gravity LandoT is awesome : wrecks rotomW skarmory and opposing LandoT with LifeOrb HpIce. My spread is 252+ atk 252 speed (enough to 2HKO gliscor with hpIce). The 2 other slots are rockslide and Stealth rock. You can therefore free ttar slot so you can run Scarf which is amazing. LandoT force electic mons to hp ice, you send ttar and pursuit trap (or RK thundurus).
Scarf is important, you don't want to get swept by fast mons cuz sand stopped and exca cannot outspeed.
Try it it's so funny and guarrantees win against skarmory stall :)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gravity

0 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 218-260 (61.9 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 289-343 (86.5 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 281-333 (73.5 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Could you tell me where I can find Commands? So as to do like NotFalse just before : "check out my rmt..." ?
:)

Hey man! Nice team! The concept of sandpinsir is cool.

I just can make a suggestion: using Gravity lifeorb LandorusT over gliscor. I'v the same team than you (almost) and gravity LandoT is awesome : wrecks rotomW skarmory and opposing LandoT with LifeOrb HpIce. My spread is 252+ atk 252 speed (enough to 2HKO gliscor with hpIce). The 2 other slots are rockslide and Stealth rock. You can therefore free ttar slot so you can run Scarf which is amazing. LandoT force electic mons to hp ice, you send ttar and pursuit trap (or RK thundurus).
Scarf is important, you don't want to get swept by fast mons cuz sand stopped and exca cannot outspeed.
Try it it's so funny and guarrantees win against skarmory stall :)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gravity

0 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 218-260 (61.9 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 289-343 (86.5 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 281-333 (73.5 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Could you tell me where I can find Commands? So as to do like NotFalse just before : "check out my rmt..." ?
:)
Not going to lie I like to blindside my opponents with surprises, and this actually seems like a hard Skarmory check to allow for Excadrill and Pinsir to tear through my opponent once Skarmory is gone. However, I think Rock Slide is pointless as Earthquake scores the OKOes neccessary to make Excadrill/Pinsir tear through the opposing team easier, most notablly Skarmory/Defensive Rotom-Wash/Talonflame. I think U-turn or Knock Off would be a better move, as I can either A. Gain momentum or B. Knock off a Leftovers or Eviolite from walls that can give me trouble. Regardless of that, I actually think Gravity Landorus-Therian is cash. ;)

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Lol you do need rock slide since gravity should be used only against slow paced teams. You need a move to hit talonflame and pinsir on a LandoT man :) U-turn+LO is bad, this Lando is a breaker :)

Lol you do need rock slide since gravity should be used only against slow paced teams. You need a move to hit talonflame and pinsir on a LandoT man :) U-turn+LO is bad, this Lando is a breaker :)

But what will Rock Slide be hitting that Earthquake and Pinsir/Excadrill do not?

Ok, this probably doesn't deserve to fall onto you, because I've seen tons of people who have this attitude when people suggest changes for their teams. However, I've seen this type of response one too many times now, it's starting to get old.

Of course you lose to Talonflame once your Rotom-Wash AND Tyranitar both go down. If you see a Talonflame, don't lose both of your bird checks.

You have waaaaaaay more than most teams have for Talonflame, with arguably the 2 of the 3 most solid Talonflame answers in the entire game on the same team. However, you're saying that isn't enough, because if somehow you lose both of them, you lose. So you're saying it's safer to have over half the team be able to beat 1 Pokemon. Is that safe? What if you lose Suicune? I mean, by the logic you're presenting here, how does Suicune make it safer? If you lose Suicune, Tyranitar, and Rotom-W, you're still going to lose to Talonflame. Does the whole team have to be able to beat Talonflame before you're not weak to it? What if you lose your whole team?

The exact same logic applies to the second point. Yes, if you lose your Rotom, you can lose to BD Azu. To help with this issue, I came up with a very complex solution: If they have an Azumarill. Don't lose your Rotom-W.
I understand what you are saying, it's just that I believe this team struggles heavilly against Talon. Sure I do have the two best checks to it arguably, but neither really appreciate a burn all that much. Not to mention the 2 best moves I use to counter it (Stone Edge/Hydro Pump) can be risky and miss. But I understand your point, and I must accept that Wisp Talon will give myteam issues, as every team isn't perfect. For Azumarill, I must preserve my Rotom-W a little better, otherwise I get swept in 6 turns. I experimented with Suicune earlier however and it did pretty good patching up the Talon problem, although the Gravity Landorus inclusion was actually doing well on the team. I think you have some points made though.

Ktütverde

of course
And if exca cannot come? What if Pinsir uses Sd on LandoT? It's mattter of coverage, rock ground combo, it's standard and effective :)

Ktütverde

of course
Damn I can I disable this signature ?? o_O
Still not used to forums ^^ That's why I was "stalking" at first, i'm sorry :( I didn't know

Damn I can I disable this signature ?? o_O
Still not used to forums ^^ That's why I was "stalking" at first, i'm sorry :( I didn't know
I don't really see Mega Pinsir as a problem to this team, as Rotom-Wash and Excadrill in the sand can easilly take it on. Not to mention my Tyranitar can tank a CC from one with Chople Berry and tank a Earthquake unboosted.

with this land
While I do like using Keldeo, I'm not sure if it really works on this team. I recently tested the team with the inclusion of Keldeo, and one mon that caused this team a lot of trouble was Talonflame; once sand goes down, Talonflame obliterates my sweepers once I lose Tyranitar and Rotom, and the Wisp set completely stomps on my team, as Wisp cripples 5 of my mons crucially. Another weakness I noticed with my team was Drum Azumarill, as once I lose Rotom, it's best to click that x at the top right lol. Also taking off Rock Slide made me have difficulty with Talonflame, as I couldn't really touch Talonflame that well. However, I do agree that Gliscor should be replaced, as Excadrill does it's sweeping job much better. For a possible replacement I was thinking of replacing Keldeo with phasing Suicune. Suicune is a hard counter to opposing Talonflame, and can ruin setup sweepers day by phasing it out with Roar, and I believe it forms a good defensive core with Tangrowth, as these two form a bulky core that can be difficult to deal with! Also I like the spread on Tangrowth much better than the previous one. I'm also thinking of putting T-Wave on the Tyranitar, as with a Chople berry I can tank stuff such as a mega Lopunny's Hi-Jump Kick or even a Tornadous-Therian's Superpower. Thanks for the advice, let me know what you think about Suicune.
I feel like you can hand talonflame pretty well between rotom-w and ttar. I'd rather take the better bisharp matchup when you have two checks to the reason for adding suicune. Twave on ttar is interesting, and I think it might actually be worth a shot since you're absolutely right that torn t causes you some problems. With keldeo added you also have better ways of beating bulky grounds, so maybe try it out :)

Ehy :)
I think that Air Ballon Excadrill>Life Orb and Swords Dance>Rock Slide on
because is a good support for Pinsir in this team and help you against other Sand Offence.. Jolly Nature help you against opposed Adamant Excadrill
Maximum Attack and Speed investment allows Excadrill to hit as hard and fast as possible. An Adamant nature is generally preferable for the power boost, allowing Earthquake to 2HKO Ferrothorn with no boost and Slowbro with a boost. However, a Jolly nature is also a viable option to tie with opposing Excadrill at worst, outrun +2 Jolly Gyarados while in sand, and outrun neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Gardevoir without it and honestly I think that is a better option in this team.
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Chople Berry>Smooth Rock on
is a better option because help you against Alakazam, Charizard y, gengar that are a problematic for the team.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

I think that in this team Choice Band Azumarill>Rotom: Azumarill is a good wallbreaker because in this team you can't lure very well Pinsir's and Excadrill's counters and help you vs stall: Ok you have lando-T gravity but Azumarill has more Wallbreak power and helps you vs Weavile.
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

The given EV spread allows Azumarill to outpace uninvested base 60 Speed Pokemon, such as Clefable and Sylveon. If outspeeding support Tyranitar is appealing, then 92 Speed EVs should be used. 164 Speed EVs can be used to outpace uninvested base 70 Speed Pokemon, which includes bulky Bisharp and Skarmory. The Attack EVs should be maximized in every instance to ensure that Azumarill will hit as hard as possible.
Then I suggest Amoongus>Tangrowth because it has a sleep's move and check Diancie that is a threat for the team.

Landorus with Azumarill is useless, I think that Magneton>Landorus is a better option because it helps a lot for Exa and Pinsir's sweep., then, helps you vs Stall because it destroys defensive core with Skermory, Ferrothorn or Scizor. Aah, it outspeeds Jolly Talonflame and Torna-T! :)
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Summary of Changes:
>

>

Air Ballon>Life Orb and Swords Dance>Rock Slide on

Chople Berry on

Team Complete:
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope help you and gl with the team! :)

Last edited:
Ehy :)
I think that Air Ballon Excadrill>Life Orb and Swords Dance>Rock Slide on
because is a good support for Pinsir in this team and help you against other Sand Offence.. Jolly Nature help you against opposed Adamant Excadrill
Maximum Attack and Speed investment allows Excadrill to hit as hard and fast as possible. An Adamant nature is generally preferable for the power boost, allowing Earthquake to 2HKO Ferrothorn with no boost and Slowbro with a boost. However, a Jolly nature is also a viable option to tie with opposing Excadrill at worst, outrun +2 Jolly Gyarados while in sand, and outrun neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Gardevoir without it and honestly I think that is a better option in this team.
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Chople Berry>Smooth Rock on
is a better option because help you against Alakazam, Charizard y, gengar that are a problematic for the team.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

I think that in this team Choice Band Azumarill>Rotom: Azumarill is a good wallbreaker because in this team you can't lure very well Pinsir's and Excadrill's counters and help you vs stall: Ok you have lando-T gravity but Azumarill has more Wallbreak power and helps you vs Weavile.
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

The given EV spread allows Azumarill to outpace uninvested base 60 Speed Pokemon, such as Clefable and Sylveon. If outspeeding support Tyranitar is appealing, then 92 Speed EVs should be used. 164 Speed EVs can be used to outpace uninvested base 70 Speed Pokemon, which includes bulky Bisharp and Skarmory. The Attack EVs should be maximized in every instance to ensure that Azumarill will hit as hard as possible.
Then I suggest Amoongus>Tangrowth because it has a sleep's move and check Diancie that is a threat for the team.

Landorus with Azumarill is useless, I think that Magneton>Landorus is a better option because it helps a lot for Exa and Pinsir's sweep., then, helps you vs Stall because it destroys defensive core with Skermory, Ferrothorn or Scizor. Aah, it outspeeds Jolly Talonflame and Torna-T! :)
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Summary of Changes:
>

>

Air Ballon>Life Orb and Swords Dance>Rock Slide on

Chople Berry on

Team Complete:
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope help you and gl with the team! :)
I think I forgot to update the Excadrill and Tyranitar changes, but I just tried your recommendations and boy was I surprised. Thanks to Magneton, threats such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn are dealth with much easier thanks to Magnet Pull, which allows for Pinsir and Excadrill to have a field day. As for Azumarill, I'm still on the fences on changing it, although it does hit stuff like Garchomp and Fat-Lando exceptionally well, and even helps me deal with annoying mons such as Bisharp and Weaville much better. I like these changes thanks for the input!

Hey there I for one would like to say this team is absolutely good here's my record so far. But I would actually change tyranitar's item to smooth rock as the extra sand turns for excadrill do come in handy and I havent had a problem with tyranitars fighting weakness but maybe that's because I haven't reached 1600/1700s yet. But so far this is my record with the team.

Hey there I for one would like to say this team is absolutely good here's my record so far. But I would actually change tyranitar's item to smooth rock as the extra sand turns for excadrill do come in handy and I havent had a problem with tyranitars fighting weakness but maybe that's because I haven't reached 1600/1700s yet. But so far this is my record with the team.

Glad you like the team :)
But I was actually going to change the Chople Berry on Tyranitar, as the games I have been playing recently have been decided by the lack of sand turns that Sand Stream gives you without a Smooth Rock. I think the team handles Fighting Types realitively well, so I think Chople Berry is pointless although it can be beneficial in some occasions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)