A real life warstory? *gasp*

Infernape Kong here to bring another real-life warstory. I made a bet with my friend that if I couldn't beat his OU team with my OU, UU, and NU team without losing, he could have any of my Pokes that he wanted. Seems pretty challenging, but his team couldn't stop my Floatzel + Scizor pair, and then the next battle my Choice Specs Probopass removed his Skarmory, leaving his team wide open to a Flail Kingler sweep. This was about to be the hardest match of the three. Could he redeem himself by beating up Butterfrees? We'll see.

Mark's (my) team:

-Mighteyena
-Plusle
-Ledian
-Carnivine
-Wormadam
-Spinda

Joe's team:

-Garchomp
-Alakazam
-Swampert
-Skarmory
-Blissey
-Lucario

Mark sent out Mighteyena!
Joe sent out Garchomp!
Garchomp's attack was lowered by Intimidate...

Not a bad match-up. My Sash Mighteyena ran a Payback + Sucker Punch set, which is great against fragile leads. I also knew Ice Fang as well fortunately.

Joe switched in Alakazam!
Mighteyena used Ice Fang! (50% Damage)

Okay, that's about the oddest switch-in to Mighteyena I've ever seen, what was he thinking? I'll try Sucker Punching it.

Alakazam used Toxic!
Mighteyena used Sucker Punch!
But it failed...
Mighteyena was hurt by poison!

Wow, now that was VERY gutsy. If I had used Crunch (which I don't have), his Alakazam would surely have snuffed it. He's either outplaying me or being very stupid. And now my Sash is ruined, ugh. I really wish I was Quick Feet instead of Intimidate.

Joe switched in Garchomp!
Mighteyena used Payback! (22% Damage)
Mighteyena was hurt by poison!

I guess he wanted to get rid of that Intimidate. I knew from previous battles that this was Choice Band, I guess he thinks he can sweep really quickly. WRONG!

Garchomp used Earthquake! (100% Damage)
Mighteyena fainted.
Mark sent out Plusle.

6-5 Joe

There was nothing I could do but sacrifice. I bet he thinks that NU Pokes are incapable of stopping Garchomp. WRONG! (again)

Garchomp used Earthquake! (99% Damage)
It's Super Effective!
Plusle hung on with its Focus Sash!
Plusle used Agility! (Plusle's Speed rose sharply!)

Heh, the first part of my BP chain. I pray that this can work.

Plusle used Baton Pass!
Mark sent out Ledian.
Garchomp used Earthquake!
It doesn't effect Ledian...

Heh. With my Ledian walling his Garchomp, he had no choice but to switch. Hopefully I can coast through this.

Joe switched in Swampert!
Ledian used Swords Dance! (Ledian's Attack rose sharply!)

Ledian used Swords Dance! (Ledian's Attack rose sharply!)
Swampert used Stone Edge! (99% Damage)
Ledian hung on with its Focus Sash!

Now its time for everyone's favorite weird 4th gen Poke begging for an evo that everyone forgets about! Yay!

Ledian used Baton Pass!
Mark switched in Carnivine!
Swampert used Earthquake!
It doesn’t affect Carnivine...

I don't know what he was trying to predict, but it worked out for me I guess. Few would think that he Carnivine is a Levitator, but he is. Now my Carnivine gets to spank some butt with Power Whip.

Carnivine used Power Whip! (100% Damage)
Swampert fainted.
Carnivine was hurt by Life Orb.
Joe sent out Skarmory.

5-5

Dang it. This thing hates my BP chains. I have a surprise move to dent it, but I can't OHKO it.

Carnivine used Hidden Power Fire! (55% Damage)
It's Super Effective!
Carnivine was hurt by Life Orb.
Skarmory used Whirlwind!
Plusle was sent out.

Thank god he didn't lay down some Spikes/Stealth Rocks. I could predict his switch and try to pass another Agility, or he could predict that and Spike or Whirlwind. I think I'll play it safe.

Plusle used Thunderbolt! (45% Damage)
It's Super Effective!
Skarmory fainted.
Joe sent out Garchomp.

5-4 Mark

Now that he knows I have immunities to EQ, there's nothing I can do but let him Outrage me.

Plusle used Protect!
Garchomp used Outrage!
Plusle protected itself!

Now all I can do is hope that he isn't outrageous for very long, like Jay Leno

Mark switched in Ledian!
Garchomp used Outrage! (1% Damage)
Ledian fainted.
Mark sent out Plusle.
Garchomp's Outrage ended!

4-4

Thank god it ended so quickly. Now that Ledian's dead I should lure him into a false sense of contentment, thinking that he can Earthquake-sweep me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, WRONG!

Joe switched in Blissey.
Plusle used Agility. (Plusle's Speed rose sharply!)

Plusle used Baton Pass!
Mark switched in Carnivine.
Blissey used Seismic Toss (35% Damage)

I know I can't OHKO the fatass, but at least I should put a nice dent into it.

Carnivine used Power Whip! (76% Damage)
Carnivine was hurt by its Life Orb!
Blissey used Seismic Toss! (32% Damage)
Carnivine fainted.
Mark sent out Wormadam! (Plant Cloak)

3-4 Joe

I don't think he knows how to react to this. Since his Blissey is at low health, I assume he'll switch her out, thinking I can KO her. Well, I'll just smack the incomer with Choice Specs Leaf Storm! (de'ja vu')

Joe switched in Lucario!
Wormadam used Leaf Storm! (60% Damage)

Wow, for a resisted attack that did a LOT, especially coming from Wormadam. At this point I feel a Plusle sacrifice is mandatory.

Mark switched in Plusle!
Lucario used Swords Dance! (UH-OH....)

SHIT. I know my Spinda can own it since it's Physical, but then Garchomp beats me. This is bad. I hope he gets greedy...

Lucario used Endure! (YES!)
Plusle used Thunderbolt! (39% Damage)
Lucario Endured the hit!
Lucario's Salac Berry raised its speed!

YES, that's perfect. Now I'm pretty sure my Spinda can take on his whole team. I think he's still mad about my Flail Kingler sweep lol, hence the Reversal Lucario.

Lucario used Reversal! (1% Damage)
Plusle fainted.
Mark sent out Spinda.

2-4 Joe

Yes, that's right fear the teddy bear!

Spinda used Sucker Punch! (1% Damage)
Lucario fainted.
Joe sent out Garchomp.

2-3 Joe

He-he.

Garchomp used Outrage! (99% Damage)
Spinda hung on with its Focus Sash!
Spinda used Counter! (100% Damage)
Garchomp fainted.
Joe sent out Blissey.

2-2

OH YEAH

Spinda used Flail! (25% Damage)
Blissey fainted.
Joe sent out Alakazam.

2-1 Mark

Hah-hah, gg.

Spinda used Sucker Punch! (50% Damage)
Alakazam fainted.

Mark wins!

Even if he Toxic’d me Wormadam would have survived a hit and Leaf Storm’d it. It was a fun battle, plus a Spinda sweep makes it that much better.

Good job:

-Carnivine, for taking out Swampert and denting Blissey and Skarmory
-Wormadam, for preventing Blissey from Softboiling
-Spinda for sweeping!
-Plusle and Ledian for setting up the BP chain
-Plusle for killing Skarmory

You'll do better next time:

-Mighteyena, even though you couldn't lead off with your typical sweeper-killer start
-Garchomp, even though Ledian walled you and Spinda OHKO’d you don't be discouraged!

*Approved by Aeolus*

If alakazam had used his toxic on spinda, that coulda gone different, right?

Edit: by this I mean the spinda sweep wouldn't have been complete, booo

He should have Whirlwinded Ledian before letting Carnivine get the boosts but that wouldn't have made for a very good story XD

Great warstory. Loved the last Garchomp comment!

I guess this proves that even NU pokemon can defeat OU with the proper strategy.

although I'd rather not try it lol.

maybe even pidgeot can be usefull?

Hmm, Ledian is probably the best NU Special Wall... it might be able to tango with Alakazam safely?

But seriously, toxic on Alakazam... wtf o.O

Hmm, Ledian is probably the best NU Special Wall... it might be able to tango with Alakazam safely?

But seriously, toxic on Alakazam... wtf o.O
I guess it's supposed to be a surprise move to cripple its defensive counters, but since most Alakazam switch-ins have Natural Cure, it seems pointless. Maybe he couldn't think of anything better to put there?

He should have Whirlwinded Ledian before letting Carnivine get the boosts but that wouldn't have made for a very good story XD

Great warstory. Loved the last Garchomp comment!
And I had gotten my hopes up that he didn't even have Skarmory, sending out Swampert out against Ledian like that.

I guess this proves that even NU pokemon can defeat OU with the proper strategy.

although I'd rather not try it lol.

maybe even pidgeot can be usefull?
Pidgeot is just... average. Every Poke on my team does a specific job OK, but Pidgeot is just so average it cannot do anything well in OU.

I had forgotten Carnivine even existed until this. That Spinda sweep also made me laugh. I never knew Spinda could Suckerpunch, Counter, or Flail.

Knowing his team beforehand helped you out. If he had had TTar or Hippo, then this team would've most likely lost since it relies on sashers. Also, if his Swampert had had Roar or Blissey had had TWave, this might have gone differently.

Yeah, that's a tip, NU Pokes NEED Focus Sashes. Unfortunately the only NU spinner is Delibird (lol) who takes 50% switching into all forms of Spikes.

I suppose his Swampert didn't really need Roar since he had a Phazer in Skarmory. And if his Blissey had Thunder Wave it wouldn't really have made a difference.

I'm just amazed that neither Swampert nor Skarmory took the time to lay down Spikes and/or Stealth Rocks.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lol, I gotta admit, this was probably one of the wierdest (yet greatest) read as far as using NU Pogeys to defeat OUs. Though I think your opponnent wasn't thinking hard (no offense to him), you still did a great job.

FUCK YEAH SPINDA!~

Nice.
Verrry nice. The only Shiny Pokemon I have in my possession now is a Shiny Spinda, lol. Spinda Sweep = Win to tell your grandchildren about.

Nice story GJ :D and thanks for posting this. I really liked how Spinda swept, LStorm is dangerous even coming from Wormadam....

Garchomp used Earthquake! (100% Damage)
Mighteyena fainted.

Just curious, why didn't you use Sucker Punch here? If you're going to sacrifice Mightyena, at least go out with a bang.

Either way, awesome story. Anything with Wormadam in it is awesome.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
good to see some NUs getting some use. Didn't realise Carnivine had levitate, may have to consider that at some point. Nice warstory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)