A Physical Balance (OU)

Hola everybody,
Today I would like to post my most competent team yet up for review.
After my disastrous first attempt at BW Sun, I decided that weather was not my cup of tea. This team focuses more on balance, with equal importance on both hazards and pure offense. So without further ado,

Team Preview

In Depth

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
-Taunt

A carry over from my DPP days. Though its supposed to be a lead, I almost never lead with this, instead choosing to keep it as backup in case a deadly sweeper sets up and needs to be forced out. When I do lead with it, it always manages to get at least one layer of spikes up and KO a Pokemon if the opponent's being careless. It also manages to shut down Spore lead Breloom.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Ah Taunt Haxorus. I adore this thing. A speedy taunt from this stops hazard setters/burners in their tracks. After a dance it can outspeed and KO a majority of the opposing team. This usually comes in Mid to Late game after annoying bulky steel types have been exterminated. It also ruins trolly gimmick stall teams. I went Lum Berry over Leftovers because it helps against the unlucky burn from Scald and helps in 2HKO'ing Jellicent and bulky Politoad.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 Atk / 88 HP / 168 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Waterfall

Another carry over from DPP, this guy is as threatening now as it was before. Even though Moxie has sheer power, Intimidate eases setup and improves longevity and for me, that's worth the decrease in power. It can take an Ice shard from whatever uses it, grab a boost and quickly KO back. It usually comes in Mid Game or my lead if I'm feeling especially adventurous .

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This gal was introduced after I discovered rain teams gave me quite a lot of problems. Due to it's respectable bulk even without investment, it's not hard to grab a boost. However, it's usefullness diminishes after KO'ing a Politoad.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

This is the guy I lead with most of the time. It also acts as a buffer for switch in, Volt Switching to give a safe switch in to another sweeper. I planned on adding Explosion on there somewhere but I realized setting more hazards was important for the team.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

I don't know what people say about another certain pink blob but she is one of the best mixed walls in the game. She can literally switch in to anything as long as it isn't STAB Fight and cripple it with Thunder Wave. Heal Bell is on there instead of Protect or something so that it can completely bring back a crippled sweeper. It is currently my only answer to Volcarona after it sets up after Gyarados has fainted or Sun prevails.

Threat List

-Ferrothorn manages to annoy my team a lot if it can't get KO'ed by Celebi.
-Volcarona and perhaps sun teams in general are my biggest threat. Almost nothing can reliably kill Volcarona after a boost.
-I don't have a reliable answer to scarfed threats.

I hope you guys can give me suggestions on how I can make my team better. This team has been my most successfull team yet and has reached an ACRE of 2000 with some casual laddering. This has been my first proper RMT and I hope I've made a good one.

Cheers,
Hooptie

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. So I like the idea behind this team, however I believe I have a few suggestions which I think will make this team better.

So my first suggestion is to replace Haxorus with Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B is a much better stall breaker, and Haxorus' DD set I feel is quite redundant since you already have Gyarados as your main sweeper. Kyurem-B beats most of Gyarados' checks, like Rotom-W, Politoed, and Ferrothorn lacking Gyro Ball. Gyarados on the other hand can easily set up on Scizor, a common revenge killer to Kyurem-B. I don't think you'll care much about the Stealth Rock weakness since you easily keep rocks off the field with the comination of Froslass + Forretress. Here's the set.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 212 Atk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

So Kyurem-B is so dangours right now in this metagame, because it beats so many different team archetypes. Substitute is used to avoid being revenge killed by Terrakion, Scizor, and Breloom as easily, while also avoiding status. Fusion Bolt hits bulky Water types like Politoed and Jellicent, which is what you should be setting up on. Ice Beam is STAB and hits a lot of stuff for neutral damage, while Earth Power rounds off the coverage as it hits Rotom-W and Heatran for great damage.

I feel that Keldeo can run through this team, as nothing likes taking a hit (Gyarados and Celebi check it nicely, but you don't want either of them taking damage since they are both sweepers). So my suggestion is that you replace your current with Celebi with a more defensive set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

This Celebi easily walls Keldeo lacking HP Bug, while also easily walling Breloom which is going to be trying to revenge kill your Kyurem-B. Celebi also does a great job in getting free switch ins for Kyreum-B and Gyarados with Baton Pass, as well as grabbing you loads of momentum. Giga Drain is STAB and keeps Water types like Politoed and Jellicent at bay, while Psychic is needed to hit Breloom and other fighting types. Recover is used to keep Celebi around for the majority of the match.

Anyway, I hope my suggestions helped you in some way. Cool team.

Hey there love the the team. However I've noticed a few problems... Volc is a major problem and so is sun in general. Now you also have a skarm problem trust me without KB it will wall you to hell and back. So wait pokemon beats both of these threats to why yes a Heartran. Heatran will work wonders for your team. Just a life orb heatran will do and if you want you can have rocks with tran so fortress can have explosion. Plus its cela tran. Now this does give you a bigger fighting weakness. But I feel Chaney Has no real place on the team. I may be wrong but you never really explained why its there. Also I'm guessing that gyradoa is the main sweeper so you should run KB over Haxy to pave the road for that gyrados sweep. Lastly for Froslass I would strongly recommend using it as a suicide lead only. This way you can taunt other leads and get up your spikes earlier in the game so you can use them to there full potential. Plus I fell now a days Cusgap Fortress is the only way to go and since you have that and froslass it just feels a bit redundant. Instead you could have a pivot slash electric immunity. I would Suggest Lqndourous Their an Forgive mg spelling by the way. But Land T will be quite helpful for switching into powerful thunders or thunderbolts. Also It can rain down powerful earthquakes on sun teams. Finally you have a small Latios problem with heatrqn you can forget about that. Thanks for reading hope the team does great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)