A great resource for those working on CAP

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I haven't been around here enough to get in on the action, but I'd like to help. To start off, for those of you who have Microsoft Excel, I spent 3 days and made a stat calculator that includes IVs, EVs, and Natures. It's a great way to toy around with stat builds easily, since you input the base stats then adjust the EVs, IVs, level, and nature to check stat builds. I've found it very useful while working on my own project, where I'm making a Pokemon RPG from scratch and editing current Pokemon and making new ones.

Anyway, enough words, here is my calculator. If chaos wants to add it to the download page of Smogon, that'd be fine with me, I'd just like credit for my work. Anyone is free to use it :)

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
This sucks, I don't have Office 2k3 on my computer, so no Excel for me. :(

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
cool I just used it to make a stat spread for the new pokemon, it works great!

I advise other people makeing stat spreads to download it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
more responses? the thing is too good for responses. my only nitpick is that you have to input them all manually, so if you wanted to choose a pokemon that already exists you have to put in all the info yourself. thats not really nessisary though, so good job on it.

thank you very much for this, i won't have to go looking through the pokedex for relevant stat numbers from now on.

I was thinking maybe everyone involved could get a resource things together for help with the CAP project.

Something that you could enter unique dual types to find out the weakness/resistance quicker. Maybe with an extended list of what specific OU pokemon resist both its main stabs.

Works out defence/special def tiers,tankiness,X-Act's calculation's etc so you know where the pokemon stands.

Anything else

What i really would like to see are 2 utilities, and i might have a crack at them if i get enough time:

1. First one is a BST Spreader. You input the BST, and use sliders to input Physical Bias/Special bias, Defence bias, and Attacking bias. Speed and HP Are input manually, and are taken away from the BST.

2. Second one is a Damage calculator...With a twist. Select the Attack stat (With appropriate Boosts, such as instead of 405 attack with CB you put in 657), the move power, Effectiveness, and it spits out the Base stats needed to survive that move 100% of the time based on:

252/252 Boosting nature
252/252 Neutral Nature
0/0 Boosting Nature
0/0 Neutral nature

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
more responses? the thing is too good for responses. my only nitpick is that you have to input them all manually, so if you wanted to choose a pokemon that already exists you have to put in all the info yourself. thats not really nessisary though, so good job on it.
I didn't think it was that good, but thanks. :happybrain: I had planned on adding a spreadsheet containing a list of all Pokemon and their stats so I could add a cell function that would just pull stats from that list, but... I got busy with other things and I figure people will be able to pull up Smogon's Pokedex and pull Base Stats if they needed a tool.

thank you very much for this, i won't have to go looking through the pokedex for relevant stat numbers from now on.
You're quite welcome. I wanted to make sure this wasn't ignored and or forgotten because I wanted to see how much of a help it would be to people wanting to contribute to the CAP project.

I was thinking maybe everyone involved could get a resource things together for help with the CAP project.
Does not compute ?_?

Something that you could enter unique dual types to find out the weakness/resistance quicker. Maybe with an extended list of what specific OU pokemon resist both its main stabs.
I can make that I think!

Works out defence/special def tiers,tankiness,X-Act's calculation's etc so you know where the pokemon stands.
I'll leave the quoting for that to someone else :justin2:[/quote]

What i really would like to see are 2 utilities, and i might have a crack at them if i get enough time:

1. First one is a BST Spreader. You input the BST, and use sliders to input Physical Bias/Special bias, Defence bias, and Attacking bias. Speed and HP Are input manually, and are taken away from the BST.

2. Second one is a Damage calculator...With a twist. Select the Attack stat (With appropriate Boosts, such as instead of 405 attack with CB you put in 657), the move power, Effectiveness, and it spits out the Base stats needed to survive that move 100% of the time based on:

252/252 Boosting nature
252/252 Neutral Nature
0/0 Boosting Nature
0/0 Neutral nature
Good luck on #2.:nerd:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)