Invalid A few improvements to saved teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Teams saved on the server are absolutely huge for me and many others who like to build teams and use them in different locations, not to mention the ease of sharing teams with others and keeping track of them in an organised way. There are however 2 improvements I'd like to see:

1. Allow updating a team straight from the teambuilder
Right now, teams have an "edit" button if you enter the saved team browser, but there have been many cases where I had a team uploaded, made a small edit in my teambuilder, and wanted to upload it again, overwriting the old team I saved. To do this, the only way is to save a copy and delete the old one, or copy the importable and edit the old one, both of which take a lot of clicks and are kinda annoying to do when performed frequently (my use-case is that I keep boxes saved with all my "good" sets, which means any time I build a new set I need to update the box)

2. Allow searching public teams by team name
At first glance this may not accomplish a lot, because who even remembers other people's team names, but if you think about it this is a huge opportunity for community and resource building. If you as a community agree on certain prefixes for your team names that denote whatever you want them to, you can do things like... Create a database of everyone's best 1v1 teams or... Keep track of all teams created for 1v1 Secret Santa or........ idk hold a teambuilding competition. The potential for this is huge and imo would add a lot of merit to a public team database.

3. Allow searching public teams by username I lied there's three improvements now
For similar reasons as above, if a user is well-known for providing high-quality teams, allowing users to search that user's public teams would make for a great resource for teams.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Allow updating a team straight from the teambuilder
Right now, teams have an "edit" button if you enter the saved team browser, but there have been many cases where I had a team uploaded, made a small edit in my teambuilder, and wanted to upload it again, overwriting the old team I saved. To do this, the only way is to save a copy and delete the old one, or copy the importable and edit the old one, both of which take a lot of clicks and are kinda annoying to do when performed frequently (my use-case is that I keep boxes saved with all my "good" sets, which means any time I build a new set I need to update the box)
You can already do this. There’s an upload button at the bottom of the builder.
Allow searching public teams by team name
At first glance this may not accomplish a lot, because who even remembers other people's team names, but if you think about it this is a huge opportunity for community and resource building. If you as a community agree on certain prefixes for your team names that denote whatever you want them to, you can do things like... Create a database of everyone's best 1v1 teams or... Keep track of all teams created for 1v1 Secret Santa or........ idk hold a teambuilding competition. The potential for this is huge and imo would add a lot of merit to a public team database.
Gonna say no on this for now, we don’t have a good way to search string columns at present in a performant fashion.

Allow searching public teams by username I lied there's three improvements now
For similar reasons as above, if a user is well-known for providing high-quality teams, allowing users to search that user's public teams would make for a great resource for teams.
Can already do this too - /teams [name].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)