ORAS UU A Dance Party :)

Hello and thank you for checking out my RMT! This team was made around Crawdaunt and Salamence. The main goal is for everyone to pitch in, and help out the winning condition of the battle.

Hugless :( (Aggron-Mega) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
Aggron is the defensive wall for this team. His main goal is to set up rocks, paralyze faster opponents, and roar away set up sweepers. I gave it full defensive investment so it can take on physical Pokemon that have a type advantage, and paralyze them. It also assists almost the entire team by resisting at least one of the other teammate's weaknesses.

Lob-Star (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
Crawdaunt is the premier wallbreaker for this team. If Aggron is able to paralyze fast Pokemon, Crawdaunt can have as much fun as it wants. Swords Dance is not usually necessary, but it can help to break through opponents that threaten the rest of the team. Aqua Jet can scare away the fire types that prey on Aggron and Tangrowth, and Knock Off can remove switch ins of their items.

Hungry4KOs (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
Everyone contributes to helping Salamence sweep. Aggron's rock lower foes' HP, Crawdaunt destroys walls, Tentacruel spins away rocks, Rotom is a pivot, and Tangrowth provides support by weakening switch ins. Intimidate is to scare away physically offensive Pokemon that can't touch Salamence, while getting a free Dragon Dance, and lum berry is used to prevent status (Sableye, Whimsicott, etc). Iron Tail destroys Florges and other fairies.

You Jelly? (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes/Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off
Instead of running defensive EVs as well as speed, I chose max special defense. This allows it take special hits more reliably. I am currently undecided if I should run toxic spikes or protect. Toxic Spikes wears down the other team, making revenge killing and sweeping a lot easier. Protect gives Tentacruel a free turn to scout out choice users (Mainly Helioisk switch ins), and/or recover some HP with black sludge. Knock Off punishes whatever Pokemon that tries to deal with Tentacruel, and Scald is an obvious choice for a defensive water type.

mmm... Cookies (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
Rotom is useful in revenge killing and gaining momentum. It is also a (somewhat) ground switch in to help my defensive walls stay alive. By using Volt-switch it can bring in a Pokemon that can defeat the opponent. It has trick to cripple specially defensive walls in case my physical Pokemon already fainted.

Noodles (Tangrowth) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
Tangrowth provides a useful to switch in water and ground types that could defeat any other team member. The Assault Vest gives Tangrowth the special bulk it needs to come in on Volt-switch users. Hidden Power Ice kills Salamence and other flying types, and Focus Blast hits steel types hard. Sludge Bomb hurts other grass types as well.

Threats:
Since Salamence is jolly this thing is somewhat difficult to deal with. Fire Blast hurts Tangrowth and Aggron a lot, and it does not really care for Tentacruel or Crawdaunt. Rotom can't even touch it.
Life Orb on Nidoking can two shot almost every team member with its STABs or coverage moves. Sure, Rotom can switch in on an Earth Power, but can it live two Sludge Waves?
Only +1 attack Salamence can one shot Mega Ampharos. The rest of the team can't do enough damage back to it.
Tangrowth does not appreciate a Psychic from Alakazam, and Aggron is easily two shot by focus blast. Crawdaunt is really the only answer to this, in conjunction with scarf Rotom.

Here are some replays so you can see the team in action.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can come up with good suggestions for this team.
Here is the team. http://pastebin.com/Qm7wdUeB Bye!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so honestly I feel this team seems to have quite a few issues that can be easily mitigated with simple changes, I'll go straight into them:
  • First off, I'd definitely run Jolly > Adamant and Outrage > Dragon Claw on Salamence. This comes down to a few things. Firstly, Adamant on Salamence doesn't really give me any good difference in calcs off the top of my head and you definitely need Jolly so you can outspeed positive natured base 90s and above before and after a boost, especially the likes of Hydreigon and being able to Speed tie opposing Salamence / base 100s. Regarding move change, you're running Lum Berry anyhow so you can definitely afford to use Outrage over Dragon Claw (which is really underwhelming damage wise).
  • Back to the slight mention of Hydreigon, it ravages your team horridly, as said in your threatlist, and your best check is AV Tangrowth which really isn't too great and, honestly speaking, it doesn't provide much to your team resist wise since you've got 3 other Water-resists and 2 Ground-immunities already. Therefore, I suggest having Florges > Tangrowth, as it provides the clerical support and Wish that aids most of your team members in being able to have more longevity, especially Aggron and Tentacruel. Florges also helps a lot with your Ampharos problem.
  • Honestly at this point I feel like you can definitely optimize some of the EV spreads so I'll get into that. You should definitely have 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD and Impish > Adamant nature on Aggron, as this allows it to hit a jump point in Defense while still being invested into SpD to take those hits slightly better since you've already got a lot of physical bulk. An Impish nature is just far better for Aggron since Adamant's not exactly going to be helping too much for it's main purpose, which is tanking hits.
  • The second optimization I'm going to recommend is 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe and Bold > Calm nature on Tentacruel. While you did say you wanted this to be more specially bulky, Tentacruel's typing isn't suited for being able to take on specially offensive types but rather more physically inclined ones, including Fighting- and Fire-types. You've also got Florges now to take on more specially offensive threats, as well as Aggron being invested into it slightly and Tentacruel having it's good natural SpD.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis / Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

So this is just standard Wish Florges but the second move is interchangeable between Synthesis and Protect. The former is the first slash here since it allows Florges to have more self-sustain without relying on Wish itself to be able to heal up which is really nice considering the amount of things this needs to take on coupled with the fact you need this to be able to Wish your teammates constantly throughout the match. The latter isn't a bad option, however, since it allows Florges to guarantee Wishes for itself and is also useful in being able to scout out moves, so it's your choice.

Quick tip: A lot of your threatlist, like Alakazam and Nidoking, can be dealt with but you'll need to predict a lot which kinda goes the same for a lot of wallbreakers so not much we can do about that without changing the entire team.

OK so honestly I feel this team seems to have quite a few issues that can be easily mitigated with simple changes, I'll go straight into them:
  • First off, I'd definitely run Jolly > Adamant and Outrage > Dragon Claw on Salamence. This comes down to a few things. Firstly, Adamant on Salamence doesn't really give me any good difference in calcs off the top of my head and you definitely need Jolly so you can outspeed positive natured base 90s and above before and after a boost, especially the likes of Hydreigon and being able to Speed tie opposing Salamence / base 100s. Regarding move change, you're running Lum Berry anyhow so you can definitely afford to use Outrage over Dragon Claw (which is really underwhelming damage wise).
  • Back to the slight mention of Hydreigon, it ravages your team horridly, as said in your threatlist, and your best check is AV Tangrowth which really isn't too great and, honestly speaking, it doesn't provide much to your team resist wise since you've got 3 other Water-resists and 2 Ground-immunities already. Therefore, I suggest having Florges > Tangrowth, as it provides the clerical support and Wish that aids most of your team members in being able to have more longevity, especially Aggron and Tentacruel. Florges also helps a lot with your Ampharos problem.
  • Honestly at this point I feel like you can definitely optimize some of the EV spreads so I'll get into that. You should definitely have 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD and Impish > Adamant nature on Aggron, as this allows it to hit a jump point in Defense while still being invested into SpD to take those hits slightly better since you've already got a lot of physical bulk. An Impish nature is just far better for Aggron since Adamant's not exactly going to be helping too much for it's main purpose, which is tanking hits.
  • The second optimization I'm going to recommend is 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe and Bold > Calm nature on Tentacruel. While you did say you wanted this to be more specially bulky, Tentacruel's typing isn't suited for being able to take on specially offensive types but rather more physically inclined ones, including Fighting- and Fire-types. You've also got Florges now to take on more specially offensive threats, as well as Aggron being invested into it slightly and Tentacruel having it's good natural SpD.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis / Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

So this is just standard Wish Florges but the second move is interchangeable between Synthesis and Protect. The former is the first slash here since it allows Florges to have more self-sustain without relying on Wish itself to be able to heal up which is really nice considering the amount of things this needs to take on coupled with the fact you need this to be able to Wish your teammates constantly throughout the match. The latter isn't a bad option, however, since it allows Florges to guarantee Wishes for itself and is also useful in being able to scout out moves, so it's your choice.

Quick tip: A lot of your threatlist, like Alakazam and Nidoking, can be dealt with but you'll need to predict a lot which kinda goes the same for a lot of wallbreakers so not much we can do about that without changing the entire team.
Thank you very much for these changes and your wonderful explanation. I now see the solutions that can grant this team even more success on the ladder, and I hope that other players can have their teams fixed by you. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)