A consistent win - Anarchy

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As many of you may know, Jibaku and I have recently gone on a crusade here to get Moody banned in Ubers. This recently became a reality, and, now that Moody is gone forever (at least until generation 6), I have decided to RMT my Moody team. You can rate as you wish but since this team can no longer be used I will make no effort to change it or try new suggestions, obviously. I mainly made this RMT to show how devastating Moody can be when given the proper support. This team easily got me 1.3k rating on a dead ladder on a week night in 2-3 hours time. Go onto some poor server that hasn't banned moody yet and BURN ALL...

Although the original translation for this ability was "Inconsistent," the ability provided consistent wins. I'm no good at wordy introductions or whatever so here's the team at a glance:

~Anarchy~

Individuals:

Frenzy (M) @

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Toxic Spikes
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Rest

An odd set at first glance it may seem. However, Roserade accomplishes exactly what this team needs. Its job is plain and simple: get Toxic Spikes up at all costs, and it does this admirably. It may seem odd to put a Choice Scarf on a support Pokemon, but it is needed to get maximum performance. The purpose of the EVs is to outspeed up to Deoxys-A with the rest thrown into HP and Roserade's decent Special Defense stat for added survivability. I played around with the spread a bit and I've used 3 different ones. The first was the inefficient one in the pastebin a good many people saw in the Policy Review thread I linked to above. I swapped that for 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe Calm (adds +2 points to SpD without hurting anything), and then I finally settled on the spread given. This spread allows me to outspeed up to Deoxys-A (which I found can be quite annoying), while the previous only outsped up to Mewtwo (assuming neither are scarfed, of course).

Toxic Spikes is absolutely crucial to this team. Moody Pokemon are a threat in their own reguard with the ability to sweep, but add Toxic Spikes eating away at the opponent and its almost impossible to beat. You'll slowly die of poison while I set up with Moody! Roserade also has the added benefit of absorbing Toxic Spikes set down by my opponent, which would otherwise destroy any hope my Moody Pokemon have of sweeping. Every move after Toxic Spikes is mainly filler; Roserade will rarely use anything else. Rest in tandem with Natural Cure allows me to keep Roserade healthy if the opponent is being annoying with Toxic Spikes of their own. I've tried Spikes but I can never find any opportunity to use anything but Toxic Spikes in most matches. If I see the opponent has no way of setting up Toxic Spikes or get rid of them, I just sacrifice Roserade while setting my own up. I have used Leech Seed approximately one time to annoy a Blissey, and Giga Drain I used to destroy a substitute once while sacrificing Roserade, lol. (I would use Leaf Storm but its illegal with Toxic Spikes).

Pandemonium (M) @

Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Mirror Coat
Encore
Safeguard
Counter

Wobbuffet is one of my main "glue" Pokemon. It can really check every Pokemon save for a select few if played correctly. It is also my only real answer to Zekrom at points (sacrifice Roserade -> revenge with Wobbuffet). Also great at trapping and killing annoying users of Thunder, which are commonly choiced. Wobbuffet can also easily take down the most common user of Aura Sphere if its raining: Mewtwo. Encore and go from there; it usually can't touch Wobbuffet for significant damage. Wobbuffet is also great at setting up Moody sweeps; its other claim to fame. It can't really help much against offensive teams, but slow defensive Pokemon quake with fear when this blob comes in... it means I get a free substitute on a Pokemon with Moody! I choose a more Defense oriented spread because I already have the best special wall in the game, and with the current spread I have a 100% chance of beating all types of boosting Rayquaza if Stealth Rock isn't down if it somehow manages to set up. The HP EVs let me hit a Leftovers number and the rest is thrown into Special Defense for obvious reasons. I really don't see the need to explain how Wobbuffet works, I think I'd just insult the intelligence of anyone reading this.

Wobbuffet also works great with support from the next Pokemon:

Havoc (F) @

EVs: 252 Def / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
Heal Bell
Wish
Protect
Toxic

Blissey was just too good to pass up for this team. I needed several things: A reliable switch in to Thunders, seeing as my 2 main sweepers are weak to it and it will always hit them regardless of any evasion boosts; and a cleric, because a statused Pokemon with Moody is useless. Blissey delivers brilliantly in these tasks and can do much more too. Blissey can literally endlessly switch into Thunders and proceed to heal herself with Wish, or pass the Wish to heal the switch in a massive amount of HP. Heal Bell allows Blissey to cleanse her teammates of status, which is godsend for a team like this. A Moody sweeper with any kind of status is nearly useless and turns into death fodder. I just couldn't let this happen, so Heal Bell is a logical choice. Toxic is a great move to spam because to help against Pokemon that are immune to Toxic Spikes through Levitate or are part Flying. I chose Blissey over Chansey because I use Blissey as a pivot a lot, and even if the opponent decides to double switch I can always heal off at least Stealth Rock damage with the turn I switch in + a Protect the turn afterwards and Leftovers. 4 HP EVs accomplish virtually nothing so I moved 4 EVs from SpD and the 4 remaining EVs into Speed to outspeed random shit that trys to beat Blissey by 1 Speed point (go away Wobbuffet...).

Blissey is a bitch and everyone knows it but it just checks so much and has amazing utility on this team so I couldn't pass it up!

Maelstrom @

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder
Water Spout

Glue part two. Kyogre is just an amazing scarfer and checks so much shit. Darkrai, Mewtwo, Reshiram, Groudon, non-boosting Rayquazas -- basically everything and more. Kyogre's function on this team is two-fold. First, it checks tons of annoying threats that would otherwise sweep through my team with ease. Second, it cleans up if somehow both of my Moody sweepers die, and that it does admirably. Most teams only have 1 or 2 Kyogre checks (All of which are lured out by my Moody sweepers!), and after that its just :WATER SPOUT: gg. Especially after Moody takes chunks out of the team in general as the opponent scrambles through Pokemon in an attempt to find something that can touch a Pokemon with +6 in Evasion, Special Defense, and Defense. The moves are all pretty straightfoward and I assume they need no explanation. I prefer Modest Scarf Kyogre ever since Trickroom showed it to me. Its amazing power combined with enough Speed to outspeed basically any Pokemon without a Choice Scarf.

Turmoil (M) @

Trait: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Substitute
Protect
Return
Waterfall

I'll explain the main idea behind a Moody "sweeper" for the people that weren't around for when Moody was in OU or have never experienced it (Some people actually didn't realize Moody was allowed in Ubers when I talked to them on IRC). You basically alternate between Protect and Substitute until you end a turn with a Substitute up (with which Wobbuffet helps a ton). Once you have a Substitute up all the opponent can basically do is pray. You have about 7 turns to do this cycle until you can't continue without some good boosts. This rarely occurs though: once you get an Evasion boost or some Defensive boosts, Leftovers will usually sustain you as you slowly gather more and more boosts; all the while tearing chunks out of the opponents team. There is very little the opponent can do to stop this. Thunder and Aura Sphere are the only moves that will always hit. Gamefreak had some mercy and made all Pokemon with Moody weak to at least one of these, but these moves are easy to play around. If you switch to a Pokemon with one of these moves, I will get a Substitute up most likely. That means I get a free turn, while you break my Substitute, to hit you with a possibly boosted attack move. The next turn I simply switch to the appropriate response (most likely either Wobbuffet or Blissey, or even Roserade to set up more Toxic Spikes who resists both).

Moody sweeper #1. I decided to make one Moody sweeper physical and one special, and at the time, there were only 2 fully evolved Pokemon with Moody, and Bibarel was the logical choice for the physical sweeper due to good dual-STAB (I originally actually had this as special with Taunt over Return and Surf over Waterfall but I found myself rarely using Taunt and Greatsage recommended Return to me and I haven't looked back). Waterfall will also possibly gain a boost from rain. Another reason why I added Return though was because with only Waterfall Groudon could easily come in and ruin my fun. Toxic Spikes is the main enabler for this team despite Moody's undeniable power, though. With Toxic Spikes, you will most likely lose a Pokemon or two while I simply set up my sweepers. This is my fast Moody sweeper; however, I find I use Octillery more for some reason. I used the EVs to max Speed then threw the rest into HP for bulk.

Tumult (M) @

EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Ice Beam
Surf
Protect
Substitute

Basically the same idea as Bibarel, but specially based. Ice Beam and Surf are for coverage, and Surf will more-often-then-not gain a rain boost in addition to the STAB boost. Protect and Substitute are obvious and explained above. The EVs are designed to give Octillery a decent amount of bulk and power, while letting it outspeed max Speed base 90 Speed Pokemon after a +2 Speed boost. There's not really that much to say that isn't covered elsewhere as this entire team is based on assisting this and the previous Pokemon in sweeping.

One last look~

Here's a copy + pasteable import version for the lazy among you:

Roserade (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SDef / 204 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Rest

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard
- Counter

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Water Spout

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Return
- Waterfall

Octillery (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Protect
- Substitute

I will not be including a threatlist as its rather pointless. It may seem like certain Pokemon can tear this team apart, but they really can't. Imagine Garchomp or Britscor and multiply their chance to pull a win out of their ass by 1000 and you have begun to understand the monstrosity of Moody. Like I said earlier, go try it on some poor server that hasn't banned Moody yet. You will not be disappointed if you play it correctly. Rate, hate, whatever. This is obviously this team's permanent retirement due to Moody's banning, so good ridance and​

BURN ALL

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hilarious team firecape. I'm not surprised this thing raped everything in less than 10 mintues. Now that Moody is gone in ubers, its time for me to start playing again. Really cool and original team with Scarf Roserade with Toxic Spikes then using the old Protect + Substitute strategy to almost always win. Cool team man.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shedinja walls this whole team.....
Noob

Why not smeargle, it gets Spore and Baton Pass and stuff

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Excellent team, the only real issue is that it is insanely weak to CB Zekrom who pretty much owns your whole team with Bolt Strike or even just Fusion Bolt. Wobbuffet pretty much has to be at full HP or its curtains for you, or you have to hope either Octillery or Bibarel get an Evasion boost after the first Protect. (Which is probably pretty likely... -.-)

No point in trying to fix it though as Moody is now gone from Ubers, although putting Sleep Powder over Leech Seed on Roserade could help a little bit though it kinda overlaps with TSpikes. :P

Awesome team, but this team is weak to Rayquaza! You could hope for some insane luck and take it out with Octillery i guess. Rayquaza nearly OHKOes Wobba so you have to keep it fresh and alive.

I will put Stealth Rock on Blissey over Protect or Wish because Stealth Rock is important! It limits Ho-OH and Rayquaza's switch ins. Mixed Palkia can tear through your team with Aqua Tail and Thunder rapes both your Moody users. Spacial Rend 2HKOes Roserade.

Dialga Roars out everyone lol, Blissey can only wall it but can't touch Dialga, since you lack Seismic Toss.

I like this team, it owned Pokeland's ladder, and user drcossack did it too.

EDIT: Why do you want us to barn all?

firecape said:
Go onto some poor server that hasn't banned moody yet and BARN ALL...
It's Drown All time not Barney.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blissey was just too good to pass up for this team. I needed several things: A reliable switch in to Thunders, seeing as my 2 main sweepers are weak to it and it will always hit them regardless of any evasion boosts; and a cleric, because a statused Pokemon with Moody is useless
Someone isn't gutsy enough to run Dugtrio, lol.

Haha I <3 this team.

This team is pretty weak to Wacan Manaphy, its immune to status, and can just Tail glow a couple times and OHKO every member. A few changes that I could see that would be beneficial would be putting Hidden Power Ice on Roserade to deal with Rayquaza, though if it's already set up then youll be in for a lot of pain. I also think Grass Knot over Giga Drain would streghen your team since it would do much more damage to Kyogre and Palkia, but it would make you even weaker to Manaphy.

For Bibarel you could try Super Fang or even Rollout over Return. I also don't think you need to run absolute speed on Bibarel, I think you could drop it down to outspeed the base 90s, and put the rest in your defenses or Attack. Also with Octillery other options over Surf could be Scald or Brine, Brine would be especially effective. I'm surprised some forme of Arceus didn't make it on to this team. :)

A support Grass Arceus could be a replacement over Wobbuffet since it checks Zekrom and Rayquaza an extent and cripple them with Willo-wisp or Ice Beam, it could also Supply Stealth Rock if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)