A Baton Pass RMT

Here's a team I put together recently. It's very fun to use, if not somewhat difficult. Tell me what you think!

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant
96 HP/160 ATK/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Dragon Dance

I decided to go with Inner Focus because of Jirachi and Togekiss (they seem to be coming out of the wood works these days), and the rest is self-explanatory. Usually I wait until threats like Flygon and Garchomp are out of the picture before I send in Dragonite. Suicune is intimidating, but fortunately I can deal with him with members from the rest of my team (explained in a moment). I may switch out Earthquake for Light Screen, especially since this had Multi Scale at first.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Adamant/Immunity
6 HP/252 ATK/252 DEF
-Yawn
-Return
-Rest
-Earthquake

Like usual, Snorlax also plays a double role of offense and defense. He can switch into special moves with impunity; not only that, but I gave him Immunity to outpace Toxic Spikers. Snorlax never likes to be badly poisoned. The moveset was built for simplicity, but it causes so many problems for the opponent. Still, I think I'll replace Yawn with Crunch. Yawn was very useful, but it messes up the pattern with Venomoth with sleep clause. I usually lead with Snorlax.

Porygon-Z@Leftovers
76 HP/244 SP. ATK/188 SPE
Download/Modest
-Tri-Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

This is an excellent sweeper. Recover is there for longevity, and it's very refreshing to see all his life go back after a strong hit (from something like Suicune). I'm thinking I'll replace Recover with Dark Pulse, but I think this set works well; Psychics and Ghosts are barely a threat to this team (given the two normals). Choice Scarf or Life Orb are useful items, but Leftovers help out Recover and let this thing last longer.

Starmie@Life Orb/Leftovers
172 HP/84 SP. ATK/252 SPE
Natural Cure/Timid
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Recover/Rapid Spin

I decided to replace Blastoise with Starmie for better speed. I probably will go back to Blastoise, as he could be surprisingly fast even without Quiver Dance boosts. Starmie has been a great member on the team, but I think I need to rearrange the EVs if I decide to keep it. Recover has been quite helpful, but Rapid Spin will probably replace it at some point.

Venomoth@Black Sludge
252 HP/252 SPE
Shield Dust/Timid
-Sleep Powder
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Quiver Dance

This thing is very good at setting up a sweep. I switch into something slower (like Natorei or another Grass type) and put it to sleep, Quiver Dance or Sub up and pass to one of my two Special sweepers. Porygon-Z really appreciates the boost, and when it gets a Quiver Dance, not much can stand in its way (it's survived a Mach Punch from Breloom and Roobushin before).

Whimsicott@leftovers
252 HP/60 DEF/192 SPE
Prankster/Timid
-Leech Seed
-Fake Tears
-Substitute
-Taunt

Well, I replaced Darmanitan. So far Whimsicott has been pretty meh. I only really use it as a lead. I chose Fake Tears over U-Turn to benefit my special attackers. The Defense and HP EVs really help out; I'm surprised at how much this guy can take. I may replace him with Thundurus or something when the day is done.

Thanks for reading! Edited 1/4/11

You know what I always find is a good edition to a Baton pass team? Priority taunt. Thundurus or Whimsicott. They will help deal with fast taunters such as aero and with enough speed, other Thundurus and Whimsicotts. Just something to consider.

Also I think you're supposed to give a much larger description on each role for your Pokemon on the team. Just don't want your thread to be locked and cause inconveniences.

when it is released (unsure if it is or isn't) Miracle Skin venomoth makes taunt work 50% of the time on it. shield dust stops flinching and additional burn/freeze and what not. Venomoth is a good lead as it has an SR weakness. With miracle skin it is risky on both sides. taunt could or could not work. Also reduces the chances of them stun sporing you and anything else that cripple venomoth by 50%.

Also, elaborate a little more on each pokemon. Porygon-z should get a choice scarf as darminatian would leave the speed boosts and so would blastoise. Porygon-z is quite fast enough with a scarf that it is okay. Focus on powering up darmantian as it has more power and can deal with a lot of physical threats. he also BEGS FOR LIFE ORB!!!

You know what I always find is a good edition to a Baton pass team? Priority taunt. Thundurus or Whimsicott. They will help deal with fast taunters such as aero and with enough speed, other Thundurus and Whimsicotts. Just something to consider.
I'll try Whimsicott. I have used Thundurus, but having another flyer on my team sounds deleterious to me.

You definitely should consider using one of the special sweepers that offer mixed coverage because of the new moves Secret Sword (Keldeo) and Psyshock (Latios). With a quiver dance these pokemon could be a serious threat even to Blissey.

BTW, did you play a lot during gen 1? Dragonite, Snorlax, Blastoise, Venomoth, and Porygon were all around back then.

You definitely should consider using one of the special sweepers that offer mixed coverage because of the new moves Secret Sword (Keldeo) and Psyshock (Latios). With a quiver dance these pokemon could be a serious threat even to Blissey.

BTW, did you play a lot during gen 1? Dragonite, Snorlax, Blastoise, Venomoth, and Porygon were all around back then.
I did. I played all the gameboy generations on net.battle. Never used Venomoth, though...

I did. I played all the gameboy generations on net.battle. Never used Venomoth, though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)