A 1k in Two Acts, (Now with really big dumb video)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy crap I finally reached a 1k, after six years of inactivity and a username change from ControllerOfFlames to Layell.
These are all characters from plays, a combation of classics, hits, and obscure Canadian theatre, have fun!

Umbreon_Dan/Kieth, Betty’s Summer Vacation by Christopher Durang: Keith is a bit odd, as are you good sir. But the audience character in BSV still falls in love with him, perhaps it’s just your charm and penchant to say weird and funny little things. Beneath your calm exterior is an enormous rage that appears whenever someone posts a news story that you posted first in your headlines itt into its own thread.

Brain: Alphonse, Schorched/Incendies by Wajdi Mouawad: I would feel bad if I didn’t pick a classic French play for you Brain. You’re a bit older, smart, and very very funny, and you even go on a journey to help your two clients find their missing brother and father.

forks: Gavin, Lucy by Damien Atkins: You know your daughter/smogcraft best, and while being the father of a girl with autism/the craziness of smogcraft can be stressful . Because I/your ex will probably mess something up and you’ll have to fix it.

Ivysaur: Isolda, Leo by Rosa Laborde: This little innocent looking girl, then the next minute is doing drugs like it is nobody’s business. Also disappears from right before the end. Wait am I talking about Ivy or Isolda I forget.

Dan_Dan: Charles, Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward: An altogether nice guy who treats everything in perhaps a calmer manner than he should. In spite of your ex-wife coming to haunt you and being a general pain in the rectum. Both you and this character are also very British.

SalTheTheif: Orin Scrivello, Little Shop of Horrors by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman: This will be mostly based on our livechat where you went apeshit on a few users in minecraft for some of the small things they did. Also you say my username so effeminately “Lay-elle”. You have way too much pleasure with the things you do sometimes and you just sound very sadistic.

Wyverii: Carol, Oleanna by David Mamet: A girl with a lot of spunk, built a ton of the smogcraft spawn and with it all goen now you probably feel a little abused much like Carol. Everything will turn out much better there is no way we are rebuilding that thing by hand again, (if we are rebuilding the same model).

Snkz: Elijah McCoy, The Real McCoy by Andrew Moodie: A real clever guy much like the real McCoy. Based on his conversation with Brain, they were talking about computer things that went completely over my head. Snkz is very much like his internet persona in real life. Quiet and often says those funny little things some people don’t notice. It was a blast meeting you man.

Deck Knight/Knight, Nathan the Wise by Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: Perhaps it’s just the name but you certainly ermind me of the Crusader who saves the daughter of a Jewish man and is spared by a Muslim ruler. Reading your arguments in any thread it’s clear you always stick to your beliefs. Also it’s because of you I found out about Dailykos from one of your posts, so thanks for that.

Xaqwais: Creon, Oedipus by Sophocles: The one with the second most power in the kingdom of Thebes. You tend to get all the fun while forks and I handle the admin stuff and ben does the server care. You are still very serious about what you do have to do. When you do get around to ruling it will be WITH ABSOLUTE POWER!

Az: Orsino, Twelfth Night by Shakespeare: One of the Dukes of smogon, sometimes I don’t even know what the heck you are doing but everything always seems to turn out in your favour somehow. Also you take way too many Skyrim pictures what will you possibly do with them all?

Jackal: Jim, The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams: At first the two of us weren’t sure if we knew each other on the forums when we met up, but then we both realized we played some mafia games when smogon mafia wasn’t nearly as big as it is now, you hosted Zelda mafia, and you live ten minutes away from me. Felt very much like Jim’s character ark, although I guess that makes me Laura.

Kakky: Satan, The Last Days of Judas Iscariot by Stephen Adly Guirgis: The last to appear in both play and smocon Toronto. You also are probably the craziest, and at times incredibly funny in the most dark ways.

DM: Leonardo, Blood Wedding by Federico Garcia Lorca: The talk of the town and a real cool guy. You would probably be the only one cool enough to go make out with a bride on the night of her wedding while already married yourself. Your return to mods just goes to show your eternal charm. Every smogoner/villager wants to be you. You were also my first xk thread shoutout where you said something along the lines of “your posts are getting better”. I saw your comment in the abortion thread where you said you “lit the fuse and threw it into a crowded theatre”, good on you for the actual spelling. You can speak Spanish poetry to me any day DM.

Firestorm: King Dushyanta, Shakuntala by Kalidasa: This is the only brown play I know so I felt it was best to give it to you. You are very important like the king and bringing all of smocon Toronto together was just awesome. Although like the king you forgot something very important, that my username was ControllerOfFlames before, how could you man?

Jalmont:Nicia, The Mandrake/Mandragola by Machiavelli: Some of our chats in Shift mafia certainly feel like I was pulling what Callimaco does on Nicia. Although you were clearly playing the part at some points. Thanks for letting me pull my best unstoppable villain moment, and probably the only one I’ll ever get with my luck in mafia games.

Buffalo_Wings: Iago, Othello by Shakespeare: A really funny guy, sometimes the best reason to be on #smogcraft, based on all the chat logs I’ve submitted from you to the quote database. But you can also be a real destructive force when left on your own.

Rodan: Gluttony, Dr.Faustus by Chrisopher Marlowe: You asked for it you got it, this fat evil spirit visits Faustus and doesn't really stay long, just like you at smocon Toronto. You best stay a bit for vgc's. I also think that you found out Jared Fogle's true success story on how to loose weight at Subway.

cloud: Godot, Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett: We waited for you in Toronto man.

To the rest of you, the rest of the people I’ve joked with in the forums, in real life, or minecraft related stuff I can’t mention every single play.

Act 2: Smogonologues

These will be a few monologues that are based on some of the wonderful smogon posts. Don’t take theses too seriously.

For all the mafia players out there who have lynched me.

This one is really shady

Worst post ever:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Now for all of you who I’ve called out, or worse the users who I forgot to call out this is your chance to request I do a smogonologue for you. It better be a good post and sometime when I can get the time I’ll record some more.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
haha, love those Smogonologues, especially that evil little chuckle to yourself at the end of the first one

theatRE for life bro

Man I don't usually post in xks but, you're good, js :)

Also happy 1k I imagine

Also you have an excellent avatar.

Wow thanks for calling me out on being the Creon of Smogcraft. My time will come, you'll see.

Also congrats!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
woah there are brown plays?!

actually being in a play when i was around 7 or so is probably what made me comfortable with public speaking

oh man, someone actually giving me some sort of shoutout in an xk thread.... I can't process all these feels??

hahah, but seriously, you're a cool guy irl, you always keep things amusing, and it was really cool coming out to meet you guys in Toronto. I promise, if there's ever a Smocon Toronto 2.0, I will definitely stay longer (:

just gonna troll your youtube channel now to spot myself in some videos!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
'grats. Hoping that I will become worthy of a shoutout since you are in my Mafia game...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)