ORAS Ubers (A #1 Team/1700+)An Outrageous Sticky Web Hyper Offense.

Is Sticky Web Strategy Viable in ORAS Ubers?

• Total voters
Hi Everybody and Welcome to my Second ORAS Ubers RMT.(PLEASE read EVERYTHING before commenting/using the team,I will make it short.)

Alright let's start this by showing a screenshot.

*Around 90% wins.

I didn't ladder more since I'm #1 already so I don't see the point.
Anyway I decided to RMT this team mainly because:
1)A lot of players stole it and it's all over the ladder now.

2)To show a 2 Pokemon Sticky Web core(that actually works well in ORAS).

This time I don't think a team building process is needed.Since It will sound repetitive when I talk about every Pokemon separately specially that I want to show the Core first.

Team at a Glance:

Pokemons and Discussions:

The Ultimate Sticky Webs Core:

Core at a Glance:

One of these mons will 90% of the time be your lead and I will explain how to choose which one to lead with in the discussion.

Discussion:

Bisous (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt

I decided to use Smeargel as my sticky web setter for a couple of reasons:
1)Shatters HO leads(Like Deoxys-S,Greninja,Scolipede)With nuzzle and Rapid spins away their hazards(So auto positive match up against HO).
2)Has taunt and decent speed to taunt aroma xerneas and refresh Mence after they set up and I nuzzle.It's also useful for taunting rock polish Dons and any defog Pokemon I nuzzle.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
I chose Dialga as my stealth rock setter for the following reasons:
1)Hits really hard common defoggers mainly Latias,Gira-O and bulky Mence.
2)Destroys Magic bounce Users 1 on 1 mainly Sableye and Diancie.
3)Sticky Web Setters are weak to Dakrai so I run Lum Berry and T-wave to support Smeargle if i suspect the opponent will lead with Dakrai predicting a Smeargle lead.
4)T-wave is also used to cripple set up sweepers.
Conclusion:

So this is the core I made that deals with everything that usually annoy sticky web teams if played Well.You as a player can take it and build a different team around it.

The Rest of The Team:
At a Glance:

The most powerful Offensive threats in the tier optimized to work on a web team.

Discussion:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Classic Dakrai set with Life orb for optimum power.This is for me the best Pokemon to add to the previous two because it Outspeeds any defogger in the tier and put it to sleep thus preventing it from defogging. It's also an additional pressure with Dialga on Latias who is annoying to face for any sticky web team and also an additional pressure on any ubers team i might face since it's Darkrai.

Outrageous (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades

An Obvious choice is Swords dance max attack adamant don.With this base attack + bulk/ability which makes its set up very easily,It's arguably the most dangerous Pokemon on the team. Fire Punch and Precipices Blades for very strong stabs and Dragon Claw for amazing coverage mainly for Giratina-O and latias. Also the speed Ev's are just enough to outspeed Mewtwo Y after webs.

Miltank 2.1 (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
I mainly chose this set to check Groudon/Ekiller and physical threats.Also adamant Max attack Double Edge hits like so hard.Can win you games sometimes(Like killing some Giratina Os at +1 after rocks).Also Earthquake is to kill mons that dies to it like Arceus rock as well as weakened mons to avoid recoil.Frustration can be used to slightly diminish the ditto weakness but i go for Double Edge myself.

Dilw0t (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Adamant Life Orb Arceus for optimum power and optimum bulk.This is the best set to run on a sticky web team since it gives you more durability,power and makes it easier to set up since more bulk.Also all will-o-wisp users are slower than this Arceus After webs.so no need to use the Jolly max speed variant here.Note that stone edge is good in ORAS for Lugia/mence and yveltal who are popular Arceus checks now even if I'm always more convinced by Shadow Claw.
Threats List(Losses causes included):

The Pokemon responsible of 3 of my 7 losses.If a good opponent use it,It's not easy to play around it.I think most good sticky web teams are weak to it since it doesn't take the minus speed when it transforms on webs.

I designed my core and my team to play around it. Dakrai and Dialga as well as other mons who all hit it hard.However if i miss a Darkvoid for example and it defogs, it might be GG which caused one of my losses.

Very defensively fat variants can defog on/burn/kick out Arceus,Salamence and Groudon.So I usually double switch to Dakrai when i expect the opponent to switch them in like you might notice in the replays.

The team is not weak to Xerneas. It's just weak to one variant of it who is not popular at all in Oras.The 280 sub set. Responsable of 1 of my losses. It comes in on Smeargel,Sub before i can nuzzle and Geomancy.In this case you have no chance just forfeit.

This is only a threat if the opponent knows i don't have spore and Endeavour. whether cm or SD set he can lead and set up in the face of Smeargle and sweep me later if it has extreme speed or wake up early against Rai.

Max speed Life orb set is annoying if it starts getting Flinches.Costed me a loss.So basically it can be handled if no flinches since it's frail.

Helpful Replays+Description:

Importable(PLEASE read the RMT before using it if you didn't):

Bisous (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Outrageous (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Miltank 2.1 (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dilw0t (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Shout-outs:

Thanks for Reading. Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
Solid team m8 as always. Very cool to see a solid webs team that has a fair amount of success when everyone ruled out the playstyle in ORAS.

Anyway, might as well make Smeargle Jolly? It's using Nuzzle and Spin so why not just up that small damage output, it's not like it's ever taking damage from things like confusion (Own Tempo) anyway. Also, I think Salamence is better off running a Jolly nature with 80HP / 252Atk / 176Speed. This lets you outspeed the Latis - two of the biggest threats to your team so you can prevent them from Defogging. You lose out on a bit of power but gain an important Speed tier and more bulk, and can still do things like 2HKO Lugia after Stealth Rock with Double Edge.

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Great Team Buddy, Love the innovation! Nuzzle on smergale only a lord would think of that :) This team only could possibly lose to e speed arceus but if u play smart lol no way its setting up! Great Team and GG to all the players that face it :)

Too many people stealing your team on the ladder :(
Very good job bro, I havent played against you with this team. It looks solid but weak to Stall [Skarmory] and a team with a Cleric will have a good time against you.
I like people innovating in this boring meta.
See you on Showdown :]

PS: Pistolero est francais ???

Nice team! It's a good way to showcase the viability of Sticky Web in ORAS.

The team depends a lot on prediction and correct choice of leads etc, so stealing it outright is not gonna help anyone. One thing that could possibly be implemented is to make Salamence a bulky Frustration set, as this will help with the ditto weakness and will let you check opposing E-Killer better, though the high damage output is probably preferable on a team reliant on hitting hard.

Will add if anything comes to mind, overall a very solid team! GG

Impressive team, I'm a fan of using hazards in Ubers, though the Smeargle I used had spore for a while... Until sleep clause kicked in. Cool tactic for paralysis with nuzzle.
Also suggest Earthquake over Blades on Groudon, I get burned by a miss at a deciding moment.
Hope it helps.

Excellent team as always, buddy. :] I would add one more Pokemon to your threat list: Substitute Mega Gengar. Sub Megagar can be somewhat of a pain for you to deal with (Nuzzle comes nowhere near to breaking its sub), and if Mega Gengar just so happens to be running the Perish Song set or Sub+Taunt+2 attacks, then you're screwed. Unfortunately, there's not much that you can do about the Mega Gengar weakness unless you want to run Magic Coat on Smeargle in order to bounce back Gengar's Taunts (I wouldn't suggest it; it seems like every move that you have on Smeargle is completely necessary for this team to function properly).

Last edited:
Ty all for rates/comments :).Sticky Web will always suffer from mach up whatever someone do.I just tried to make it in a way to surprise opponents and to pressure the common sticky web counters.Which ended up making this team a good one that works and can get a win.

I'll try to explain my message in the best way possible. Sure my English is not very good.

Hello, Lord Outrage, since I saw your nick the top of the ladder uber knew that you moved well. Now yours to see another team, this time based on Sticky Web and third on the ladder, no doubt you have much merit. Honestly is the best offensive teams Sticky Web I've seen. The most important thing is knowing move, and you do a great time. I have seen most of the ups games and I have to emphasize the great use you make of Smeargle. It is safe when removing trash and if you keep Sash. In short, I hope you enjoyed playing it as much as watching the topic and writing this message. Sorry I can not provide assistance, but this team does not need it, good job.

Impressive team, I'm a fan of using hazards in Ubers, though the Smeargle I used had spore for a while... Until sleep clause kicked in. Cool tactic for paralysis with nuzzle.
Also suggest Earthquake over Blades on Groudon, I get burned by a miss at a deciding moment.
Hope it helps.
Thank you.About Earthquake sometimes I don't have the luxury to go to +2. Ik that earthquake at +2 or Firepunch at +2 Ko's almost everything Precipice does at +2 but yeah sometimes you are at +0 and can't set up so Precipiss get kills earthquake doesn't in this situation.And if you lose to a miss you can still blame it on hax lol.
Excellent team as always, buddy. :] I would add one more Pokemon to your threat list: Substitute Mega Gengar. Sub Megagar can be somewhat of a pain for you to deal with (Nuzzle comes nowhere near to breaking its sub), and if Mega Gengar just so happens to be running the Perish Song set or Sub+Taunt+2 attacks, then you're screwed. Unfortunately, there's not much that you can do about the Mega Gengar weakness unless you want to run Magic Coat on Smeargle in order to bounce back Gengar's Taunts (I wouldn't suggest it; it seems like every move that you have on Smeargle is completely necessary for this team to function properly).
Thanks for the rate man I will make sure to add it even if people these days go for sub/perish/protect/dbond to help against ho but it's definitely a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)