6th Gen OU RMT

So i was bored and decided to throw together a team for ou just to see how it would do. So far it has been doing pretty good and i hit about 1500 with it but i want to hear your guy's thoughts on it. If you have any suggestions for different moves or replacements i'd love to hear them.

Team at a Glance :

In Depth :

Tartarus (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Pretty standard Ferothorn set. Made to tank hits and set up Stealth rocks and Spikes. EVs in Defense and Special Defense to tank most hits while damaging opponents pokemon with Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs. Leech Seed to get health back while setting up which also means that i get to damage opponents more with Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs. I have Power Whip for when people send out pokemon like Rotom Wash or Greninja and also so i'm not completely useless if i get taunted.

Cottus (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake

This thing is made to outspeed most things and hit as hard as it can. If i manage to kill one pokemon that is unprepared then it's usually GG from there unless they have a fairy or a steel type left. Outrage is my main move on this unless i just want to kill one one pokemon with it and switch out. Iron Tail is for if i ever get put up against a fairy type (Though chances are it won't matter).

Athena (Reuniclus) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Trick Room

I used to use this thing all the time in B/W. This is one of my main sweepers. It can tank a hit or two, use trick room and then sweep from there. Life Orb is great on it because due to it's ability, Magic Guard, it doesn't take any damage but still gets the boost. All of the moves are pretty much just for coverage. Psychic because STAB and base 90 power, Focus blast in case they try to switch in to dark types (Especially Tyranitar) and thunder for flying and water types.

Perses (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

Once this thing Mega-Evolves it gets a whopping 140 Defense and 150 Attack. It can tank a lot of physical hits (Or a couple of special hits), set up and bullet punch everything. 252 Evs in attack to hit even harder and 252 EVs in HP to add to the bulk.

Hephaestus (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Heatran can take hits and hit back just as hard with a pretty diverse moveset and air balloon protects against ground type attacks. He is my main counter for fairy types as well as scizor. He has flash cannon and can resist their hits. Ancient Power is great for things like Charizard-Y and Talonflame and the chance for a stat boost is pretty cool too (Although i never seem to get it). Earth Power is just there for coverage as i don't really see what would be more useful.

Aether (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

There's not really much i can say about this, it just finds a good opportunity to set up and then tries to do as much damage as possible before it dies. i'm not really sure about the moveset though, i'm thinking of getting rid of dark pulse for HP ice because i don't really have a counter for dragon types except Salamence which isn't 100% reliable.

So that is my team, if you have any suggestions please share them and also this is my first RMT so i hope it's okay

Last edited:
Switch SDef evs to HP on ferro, and give it 4 in SDef. Swap outrage for dragon claw on mance, so fairies can't set up on you. Iron tail just isn't worth it, so switch it out for Dragon Dance. On Heatran, swap earth power for stealth rock. Don't use normal thundurus as it is toatally outclassed by Zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)