5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

This is correct. Basically if you find a seed that produces a Timid HP Ice Thundurus at frame 528 after 15 chatters, abusing your ID/SID using that exact frame will yield a shiny on the new file after 15 chatters.
Thanks, It says: The third one is the good one right? xD i hope so. I will let you know if i got my Thundurus. i need to finish the game again ;( but everything has a reward, right? Thanks man.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
If I were you, ditch that seed and go find another one...
Seems there's that strange phenomenon known as PID Sticking, in which you will still get the same PID over and over again even if you do different number of chatters.

If you go find another seed, try searching for all months, one year at a time (DS' minimum year is at 2000, max at 2099).
Also take note which dates are weather-less: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_07_roamers

And yeah, I've done lots of shiny Tornaduses & Thunduruses: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=box&bid=33&u=tsubame
...not that I'm boasting :p

If I were you, ditch that seed and go find another one...
Seems there's that strange phenomenon known as PID Sticking, in which you will still get the same PID over and over again even if you do different number of chatters.

If you go find another seed, try searching for all months, one year at a time (DS' minimum year is at 2000, max at 2099).
Also take note which dates are weather-less: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_07_roamers

And yeah, I've done lots of shiny Tornaduses & Thunduruses: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=box&bid=33&u=tsubame
...not that I'm boasting :p
Yup you were right i got a PID Sticking. But thanks to all the help i got here, i finally got my Shiny Thundurus :D. Thank you guys i'm so happy when i saw it and yes i used the same seed but this time i did the 545 frame shiny, so i got my 8th badge again and did everything like the last time. I got the same Thundurus but this time shiny.

I don't think look another year would help since i got this strange phenomenon 3 times. So i used the same seed but different ID/SID Abuse :). Anyway i can rest now and enjoy my powerful Thundurus. Thanks for all the advices.

I'm going to get into 5th gen RNG'ing, which game should I do it from B/W or B2/W2?

Which has the better pokemon to RNG?
As fas as i know B/W are better than B2/W2 since the timer0 is consistent, meanwhile B2/W2 have different values always. Also i read that in B2/W2 there is no way to RNG breeding. So i would say B/W it's your best choice. :D

Also i want to know why when i sent my fail thundurus to the FakeGTS in the legality section says IV: Likely Edited or RNG Abused instead of Valid? It's in yellow/orange color. I'm afraid that this could be a problem when i participate online and the system think that my Pokémon are edited. Can someboy clarify me this? It's normal? or should be say Valid? Because i find a lot of 31/31/31/31/31/31 and it says valid, not Likely Edited or RNG Abused.

Thanks guys if someone need help about RNG just give me a call :D

Last edited:
It's just an alert. Yellow is fine, Red means Hacked.
IIRC Pokecheck displays that message on almost every Pokemon. It's nothing to worry about. :)

Looking to learn how to RNG 5th gen on a Mac/Dsi. The guide is confusing me (never done this before). I'm sort of at a loss where to start...

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but how do I synchronize my DS clock with my computer clock down to the second? My DS clock does not show seconds...

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but how do I synchronize my DS clock with my computer clock down to the second? My DS clock does not show seconds...
You probably are using a DSi(XL). Our suggestion is that you get yourself the EonTimer / ZomgTimer (EonTimer is better, but Windows only). It allows you to time in milliseconds.
How to synch: One finger on the OK panel of your DS, one finger on the SPACE key for the EonTimer (don't know about ZomgTimer). Press them both simultaneosly. When you enter the game, calibrate and find out the start-up delay of your DS - your actual second will be a bit higher than the time you use for calibration. Just consider the difference the next time and you will be fine with the timing in BW(2).

I have one question in which i am really interested, so once i read that your Trainer ID can somehow raise your chance of obtaining shiny pokemon, that happens when you have a repetitive number, for example: 04000 or 11111 they say with this ID your rate would flew to a incredible 1 to 2000 chance of getting shiny, so my question is: Is that really true? My number is 05000 and if i convert this number to a binary mode there is only five 1, while others usually have overall number between 8 and 12. So those who knows, what will you say?
(if i post this in a wrong theme please tell me where to repost, i am a newbie here).
I want to read post that will fully reveal this question in all the aspects, thank you a lot.

I have one question in which i am really interested, so once i read that your Trainer ID can somehow raise your chance of obtaining shiny pokemon, that happens when you have a repetitive number, for example: 04000 or 11111 they say with this ID your rate would flew to a incredible 1 to 2000 chance of getting shiny, so my question is: Is that really true? My number is 05000 and if i convert this number to a binary mode there is only five 1, while others usually have overall number between 8 and 12. So those who knows, what will you say?
(if i post this in a wrong theme please tell me where to repost, i am a newbie here).
I want to read post that will fully reveal this question in all the aspects, thank you a lot.
Shininess is archived through a combination of the TID, the SID, the first half of the Pokemon's PID and the second half of the Pokemon's PID. So for every TID/SID combination there are other PIDs that cause shininess. It used to be important because in the previous generations the PID and the IVs were generated by the same methods and there were only a couple of PIDs associated with certain IV combinations and natures. In order to catch good shiny Pokemon, you have to adjust your TID/SID combination to the specific PID you are aiming for.
But because they are generated seperately in the 5th gen, it does not matter; if you look hard enough, you will find shiny frames with good IV, no matter what TID/SID combination you have.

PM me if you want to know how exactly it work. The explaination is rather long.

Shininess is archived through a combination of the TID, the SID, the first half of the Pokemon's PID and the second half of the Pokemon's PID. So for every TID/SID combination there are other PIDs that cause shininess. It used to be important because in the previous generations the PID and the IVs were generated by the same methods and there were only a couple of PIDs associated with certain IV combinations and natures. In order to catch good shiny Pokemon, you have to adjust your TID/SID combination to the specific PID you are aiming for.
But because they are generated seperately in the 5th gen, it does not matter; if you look hard enough, you will find shiny frames with good IV, no matter what TID/SID combination you have.

PM me if you want to know how exactly it work. The explaination is rather long.
Well I am not that interesting in RNG i just get confused because of those repetitive numbers, who the hell start this rumor about good TID for shinies... Btw, i am trying to soft reset Treecko in emerald, do you know some sort of legitimate tricks that will slightly boost the chance of getting one? For example, i read that after 500 SR you have to create new file, and do the same thing all over until you encounter shiny.

I'm trying to RNG the Lostlorn Forest Zoroark, using seed 59FC5C0A485BC5C9, frame 1, Standard seed, Stationary pokemon. Not sure why, but it always shows up as Bold, ignoring my synchronizer completely. Any ideas why this happens? Why is the Nature fixed in there independently of my Modest Synchronizer?

I'm trying to RNG the Lostlorn Forest Zoroark, using seed 59FC5C0A485BC5C9, frame 1, Standard seed, Stationary pokemon. Not sure why, but it always shows up as Bold, ignoring my synchronizer completely. Any ideas why this happens? Why is the Nature fixed in there independently of my Modest Synchronizer?
It would be nice to know which PID frame you are aiming for. Probably 51, because it is the next Bold Synchro frame.

First, we would check your Synchronizer. Sometimes it might happen that you accidentally got one with a desired nature, but the wrong ability.
Second, a time offset might be a possibility, especially when you get consistent but wrong results. In that case we recommend you to calibrate one more time and watch the difference between the time you press keys and the time the game actually boots.

It would be nice to know which PID frame you are aiming for. Probably 51, because it is the next Bold Synchro frame.

First, we would check your Synchronizer. Sometimes it might happen that you accidentally got one with a desired nature, but the wrong ability.
Second, a time offset might be a possibility, especially when you get consistent but wrong results. In that case we recommend you to calibrate one more time and watch the difference between the time you press keys and the time the game actually boots.
It appears I am consistent with time, as I consistently get the desired IVs (well, after adjusting 2 or 3 failed attempts with EonTimer); Nature is always Bold, which is the part I do not understand. My syncher is a Mew, Synchronize should be the only ability.

As per the first question, I am not sure how to get there in RNG Reporter. So I get the seed, paste it in the Main Window, change the Method to "Gen 5 PIDRNG" and ask it to generate, then advance with Chatot? I am just aiming for Modest, but it appears I am always falling in a Bold frame.

Follow-up question: is it better then to simply not use a Synchronizer and just abuse the PIDRNG frame?

As per the first question, I am not sure how to get there in RNG Reporter. So I get the seed, paste it in the Main Window, change the Method to "Gen 5 PIDRNG" and ask it to generate, then advance with Chatot? I am just aiming for Modest, but it appears I am always falling in a Bold frame.
Two step are missing: Before you press 'Generate', be sure to set your Encounter type to 'Stationary Pokémon'. Also, press 'Calculate Initial PID Frame', which is on the right side. Your starting frame should be 50.

The first Synch frame is 51, basicly 1 advance after the initial frame. If you want to be really safe, advance to 63 - 67. There are totally five Synch frames in a row. Otherwise, without Synchronize the next Modest frame is 90.
You still haven't told us which frame you are aiming for, which makes the troubleshooting a bit more difficult.

Follow-up question: is it better then to simply not use a Synchronizer and just abuse the PIDRNG frame?
We see no reason not to use a Synchrozier.

Two step are missing: Before you press 'Generate', be sure to set your Encounter type to 'Stationary Pokémon'. Also, press 'Calculate Initial PID Frame', which is on the right side. Your starting frame should be 50.

The first Synch frame is 51, basicly 1 advance after the initial frame. If you want to be really safe, advance to 63 - 67. There are totally five Synch frames in a row. Otherwise, without Synchronize the next Modest frame is 90.
You still haven't told us which frame you are aiming for, which makes the troubleshooting a bit more difficult.

We see no reason not to use a Synchrozier.
Thanks and thanks. I honestly wasn't aiming for any frame in partiular; I was trying to catch Zoroark the same way I caught Reshiram, which did not require me to change the PID frame (I just went with frame 1 of the specific seed in Time Finder, did not hav to advance the frame). Obviously this is more complicated than just that.

Now, when I click 'Calculate Initial PID Frame' it sends me to 60 (not 50), which means I'm hitting... frame 78? 80?

Thanks and thanks. I honestly wasn't aiming for any frame in partiular; I was trying to catch Zoroark the same way I caught Reshiram, which did not require me to change the PID frame (I just went with frame 1 of the specific seed in Time Finder, did not hav to advance the frame). Obviously this is more complicated than just that.

Now, when I click 'Calculate Initial PID Frame' it sends me to 60 (not 50), which means I'm hitting... frame 78? 80?
No, Frame 1 in the Time Finder is valid because it is referring to the IV frame - IVs and PID/nature are generated seperately. The IV frame should be left at 1 because advancing it is a pain in the arse.

If you have done it the same way as with Reshiram, then you have been lucky, because you got your nature on the initial frame.
The PID frame can be advanced easily by listening to a Chatot's custom chatter - or by the time consuming saving, when you do not have Chatots. You start at whatever the RNG Reporter is telling you and you advance everytime you do something we have mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, it does not make it any easier, because you keep getting a Bold nature, which are on 80, 87, 120, 234. If those are NOT Bold non-synch frames in your RNG Reporter, then you simply have given us the wrong seed, probably by mistyping (still unlikely, because you are able to copy/paste the seed).

Anyway, let's recap: You advance the PID frame by listening to a custom chatter of a Chatot or by saving. Do not walk, it makes matters worse.

No, Frame 1 in the Time Finder is valid because it is referring to the IV frame - IVs and PID/nature are generated seperately. The IV frame should be left at 1 because advancing it is a pain in the arse.

If you have done it the same way as with Reshiram, then you have been lucky, because you got your nature on the initial frame.
The PID frame can be advanced easily by listening to a Chatot's custom chatter - or by the time consuming saving, when you do not have Chatots. You start at whatever the RNG Reporter is telling you and you advance everytime you do something we have mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, it does not make it any easier, because you keep getting a Bold nature, which are on 80, 87, 120, 234. If those are NOT Bold non-synch frames in your RNG Reporter, then you simply have given us the wrong seed, probably by mistyping (still unlikely, because you are able to copy/paste the seed).

Anyway, let's recap: You advance the PID frame by listening to a custom chatter of a Chatot or by saving. Do not walk, it makes matters worse.
I can confirm that the frames above (80, 87, 120, 234) appear as Bold Nature, non-bolded texted lines. Recapping again: I should land on one of the bolded ones as those are the ones that allow synching? All non-bolded do not allow for synchronization whatsoever? Or did I get those two mixed?

Let me please ask something... I googled it for a while, but I wasn't able to find an answer. Sorry if I did it wrong.

Well, many sites say in 5th generation the mothers has an 80% chance of passing down her ability, but in RNG Reporter I can't find any place where I should inform the mother's ability. So, how can it predict the outcomes' abilities if it misses that important piece?

I'm trying to breed a Sigilyph with a Xatu and although the IVs get right, the gender and ability aren't. Maybe that's the cause, I don't know...

I can confirm that the frames above (80, 87, 120, 234) appear as Bold Nature, non-bolded texted lines. Recapping again: I should land on one of the bolded ones as those are the ones that allow synching? All non-bolded do not allow for synchronization whatsoever? Or did I get those two mixed?
Yes, bolded natures allow Synching.

Well, many sites say in 5th generation the mothers has an 80% chance of passing down her ability, but in RNG Reporter I can't find any place where I should inform the mother's ability. So, how can it predict the outcomes' abilities if it misses that important piece?

I'm trying to breed a Sigilyph with a Xatu and although the IVs get right, the gender and ability aren't. Maybe that's the cause, I don't know...
Is one of them international?

If not, first check in the Time Finder if you have the correct ability. The regular abilities can be 0 or 1, but you are probably looking for the DW ability, in with case you need to check 'Dream World Ability Only'.

Is one of them international?

If not, first check in the Time Finder if you have the correct ability. The regular abilities can be 0 or 1, but you are probably looking for the DW ability, in with case you need to check 'Dream World Ability Only'.
No, it's not about Dream World ability. Sigilyph normally has two abilities. I was trying to breed a male Xatu and a female Sigilyph.
Many guides say the mother has an 80%chance of passing her ability down. (not the dw ability, a common one). However RNG Report doesn't consider it. It doesn't ask for the mother's ability in order to predict the outcome.

No, it's not about Dream World ability. Sigilyph normally has two abilities. I was trying to breed a male Xatu and a female Sigilyph.
Many guides say the mother has an 80%chance of passing her ability down. (not the dw ability, a common one). However RNG Report doesn't consider it. It doesn't ask for the mother's ability in order to predict the outcome.
Really? You are using the Time Finder, correct?

The column is between 'Nature' and 'Dream Ability' - in your case you need to pick one with False in Dream Ability and 1 in Ability.

Made it! Just wanted to thank you for the help. At the end, a lot of guesswork was involved as I could not really determine where the Chatot pitches were in the PIDRNG frame order. I started adding frames and testing, and finally got it Modest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)