5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Be aware that Reporter is broken when it comes to Entralink IV searches for Black 2 and White 2. If it says "IV filters are set for fast searching", that would be a bad thing at this time. The fast searching is done by searching through a database of known good seeds, but unfortunately, due to an error, those seeds search frame 8 instead of 25. Searching with 25-31 would fix that, and you would be able to use results that have frames 25-30.

Good luck. ^_^

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Be aware that Reporter is broken when it comes to Entralink IV searches for Black 2 and White 2. If it says "IV filters are set for fast searching", that would be a bad thing at this time. The fast searching is done by searching through a database of known good seeds, but unfortunately, due to an error, those seeds search frame 8 instead of 25. Searching with 25-31 would fix that, and you would be able to use results that have frames 25-30.

Good luck. ^_^
You sure? It's always worked fine for me on 9.96.5, so maybe that was just a problem with earlier versions.

So I'm trying to catch a shiny Spheal and there are only 5 encounter slots in Undella Bay. I keep getting a Pelipper (slots 2-4) at level 53 and a Careful nature and the right seed. Problem is, the only slot that fits for it is all the way up at 81, and my starting frame is supposed to be 51. There is another Careful natured frame at 67 but the encounter slot is 9. Any help there? I can't figure out my starting frame to save me.

Edit: I just advanced the frame one and caught another Pelipper with a Serious nature. Looking in the RNG Reporter and there are no back-to-back Pelippers where one has a Careful nature and the next has a Serious one.

Thanks for all your BW2 help guys, finally got my Naive Genesect done! I dunno why I've put it off for this long. Time to try out Entralink pokes on BW2!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I'm trying to catch a shiny Spheal and there are only 5 encounter slots in Undella Bay. I keep getting a Pelipper (slots 2-4) at level 53 and a Careful nature and the right seed. Problem is, the only slot that fits for it is all the way up at 81, and my starting frame is supposed to be 51. There is another Careful natured frame at 67 but the encounter slot is 9. Any help there? I can't figure out my starting frame to save me.

Edit: I just advanced the frame one and caught another Pelipper with a Serious nature. Looking in the RNG Reporter and there are no back-to-back Pelippers where one has a Careful nature and the next has a Serious one.
If you saw a frame with encounter slot 9, then you have it set to the wrong encounter type. Surfing shouldn't show anything higher than 4. Also, make sure that it's winter while you're doing this.

Anyone able to help me?

I'm quite experienced with RNG, but am trying to do a roamer (Thundurus) for the first time, on White 1. I managed to find a good seed to go for, and have now saved inside the old lady's house after hearing her story, etc (which means I'm kinda stuck there now until I can get the RNG right...).

But now I'm fairly stuck... trying to just hit my IV seed so I can figure out the starting frame of the PIDRNG, and I'm having no luck tracking down the spread I'm getting. I usually just go through the 'Find DS Parameters' thing in RNG reporter, to find out whether I hit the seed or not (whether I got Timer0 trolled), and then go look up whatever spread I got under the main window, but the 'Find Parameters' thing is coming up with nothing!

I've definitely entered my MAC address correctly, and all that... anyone got any thoughts? Is there some difference in this process when RNGing the roamers, that I'm yet to hear about?

EDIT: Just realised there was a box saying 'Use IVs from roaming Thundurus\Tornadus' that I should've clicked!

I want to learn how to verify my Seed by listening to the chatot pitches. Does anybody know how I can ensure that both chatots in my have recorded the exactly same sequence? How does it actually work, I didn´t really understand it. All I know is that RNG-reporter will say for example Mid (57), but how can I know that the chatter I hear is exactly Mid (57)? And to how many chatters do I need to listen?

I want to learn how to verify my Seed by listening to the chatot pitches. Does anybody know how I can ensure that both chatots in my have recorded the exactly same sequence? How does it actually work, I didn´t really understand it. All I know is that RNG-reporter will say for example Mid (57), but how can I know that the chatter I hear is exactly Mid (57)? And to how many chatters do I need to listen?
If you just record into one Chatot's Chatter, it'll be the same for both of them. I'm no great shakes at it myself, but I don't think you do know it's exactly Mid (57)... you just have to listen to a sequence and figure out the pattern and match it to the list RNG Reporter gives you. If you get a bunch in a row that are nearly the same, you prob won't be able to tell em apart, eg Mid57, Mid55, Mid58. Honestly, I find the actual number it gives pretty useless, but you might be able to find what frame in the list you're currently on if you follow enough 'High, Low, Low, Mid' sort of things.

One trick might be to record a nice steady high pitch, rather than just using your own voice - it's easier to tell apart different pitches when they're high, vs when they're low. If you've got a keyboard or something, record a nice high note.

And you need to listen to as many chatters as it takes to be able to accurately pick where you are on your list of Frames, vs all the other possible places that match the same pattern.

Thanks.
Another question: I´m trying to RNG a calm shiny Heatran in b2. Are the following settings correct?

a) Time Finder

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Min/Max Frame: 1
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokémon
Nature: Any
Ability: Any
"Synchronze Frame Only" -> checked (If I check it, I can leave the nature slot emoty right?)
"Search for Nearby Shiny Frames" -> checked

Then I hit generate and got a result. The column "shiny frame" says 237.

b) Main window
Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Synchronize: Calm

I checked the Box "Black White 2?" Is this correct?
Then I hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and it says 51.
Do I need to chatter 237-51-1= 185 times ?

When I hit Generate, I get the list and at frame 237, the shiny column is indicated with "!!!". When I chatter once I will hear the pitch from Frame 52, when I chatter twice, it wil be 53 etc. is it correct?

I'm having so much flipping trouble getting this damn shiny Spheal. I finally found a seed where I can get the Chatot pitches to match up. Said it would start at 47 but actually started at 55.

Supposed to get to frame 215, so I stop at 214 with the pitches. Sweet scent and it's the wrong Pokemon. So I try again, this time going to what should have been 215. Again it's a Wingull so I catch it and the nature of it matches with frame 226! But the Chatot pitches don't match up because they were dead-on up to 214 and 215. What's going wrong?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
It sounds like there is a random NPC in the area. It uses the PIDRNG to determine movement. The biggest problem with them is that they move during the Sweet Scent animation.

You would think that you could just adjust for the frames that they consume but it's not that simple. Their movement/frame use would be different. The only thing you can do to change the way it moves is to load the game, then save, and try again.

Thanks.
Another question: I´m trying to RNG a calm shiny Heatran in b2. Are the following settings correct?

a) Time Finder

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Min/Max Frame: 1
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokémon
Nature: Any
Ability: Any
"Synchronze Frame Only" -> checked (If I check it, I can leave the nature slot emoty right?)
"Search for Nearby Shiny Frames" -> checked

Then I hit generate and got a result. The column "shiny frame" says 237.

b) Main window
Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Synchronize: Calm

I checked the Box "Black White 2?" Is this correct?
Then I hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and it says 51.
Do I need to chatter 237-51-1= 185 times ?

When I hit Generate, I get the list and at frame 237, the shiny column is indicated with "!!!". When I chatter once I will hear the pitch from Frame 52, when I chatter twice, it wil be 53 etc. is it correct?
It all looks good to me. I'd maybe put the nature you want in there and uncheck "Synch" only, although it wouldn't make too much of a difference if any I suppose. If you can hear the chatter, you'll want to stop on frame 236, because the first chatter you'll hear is on your starting frame, which I'd check if I were you, but if it is 51, then you'll hear the chatter linked with 51 first, although when you listen to it you'll technically be on frame 52. So basically, stop when you get to 236 with the chatter.

It sounds like there is a random NPC in the area. It uses the PIDRNG to determine movement. The biggest problem with them is that they move during the Sweet Scent animation.

You would think that you could just adjust for the frames that they consume but it's not that simple. Their movement/frame use would be different. The only thing you can do to change the way it moves is to load the game, then save, and try again.
I don't see an NPC anywhere on my screen. Do you think I should try going to a different part of the Bay? I've tried compensating a bunch of times with no luck.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I don't see an NPC anywhere on my screen. Do you think I should try going to a different part of the Bay? I've tried compensating a bunch of times with no luck.
They don't have to be on your screen to affect it, as long as they're nearby. Your best bet is to just keep trying to compensate. If you're 10 frames over, stop 10 frames sooner next time. If you keep bouncing around your target no matter what frame you stop on, you can save the game again so the NPC starts from a different position next time.

They don't have to be on your screen to affect it, as long as they're nearby. Your best bet is to just keep trying to compensate. If you're 10 frames over, stop 10 frames sooner next time. If you keep bouncing around your target no matter what frame you stop on, you can save the game again so the NPC starts from a different position next time.
I re-saved earlier and I can't hit 215 at all. I went stopped on 214 and got frame 223, so I figured I'd stop 8 earlier to get 215. Well I stopped on 206 and got 217 (twice now), stopped on 205 and got 214. Stopped on 204 and got 213. This is getting ridiculous now but this is the only place I can catch a Spheal.

I just beat a trainer and saved in a spot further from the 3 swimmers and finally got it! It's only be about 5-6 hours of trying different seeds to get this damn thing.

How are exactly static IV Wonder Card Pokémon, like those Japanese Kanto Starter eggs, treated as and abused?

For example, the Squirtle Egg always has an HP IV of 31.

About the pokemons you get at gift from NPCs:
I know that the delibery man advance the PIDRNG by one when you talk to him when RNGing wondercard pokemons you get as mistery gift, the thing is do the others NPCs act the same way?

In trying to RNG the Eevee that Amanita give you in Castelia City post-E4, and I don't know if I have to compesate for any advance.

I too was wondering about how to RNG my Meloettas. I think I saw that in the Time Finder you search for it as a PIDRNG instead of Standard but that's about it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How are exactly static IV Wonder Card Pokémon, like those Japanese Kanto Starter eggs, treated as and abused?

For example, the Squirtle Egg always has an HP IV of 31.
Same as a normal Wondercard, except you can ignore that IV in the search.
About the pokemons you get at gift from NPCs:
I know that the delibery man advance the PIDRNG by one when you talk to him when RNGing wondercard pokemons you get as mistery gift, the thing is do the others NPCs act the same way?

In trying to RNG the Eevee that Amanita give you in Castelia City post-E4, and I don't know if I have to compesate for any advance.
There shouldn't be any extra advances for gift Pokémon.
I too was wondering about how to RNG my Meloettas. I think I saw that in the Time Finder you search for it as a PIDRNG instead of Standard but that's about it.
Meloetta uses the Wondercard method.

Seems a little bit confusing, especially for getting a shiny one. Do I do everything the same way except this time I stop 3 pitches ahead of my target instead of 1 ahead? And I do I check the box for "Shiny Only"?
Meloetta cannot be shiny. You calculate the advancements the same way as you normally would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)