5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

back again, im going to attempt to RNG a shiny victini wondercard. is there any way to make the different frames more predictable as far as stats and the 2 frames of same nature? also this is probably a dumb assumption but i'm going to need to find my SID for wondercard shiny to make it work?

i said predictable but i ment easier to find, apologies

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
back again, im going to attempt to RNG a shiny victini wondercard. is there any way to make the different frames more predictable as far as stats and the 2 frames of same nature? also this is probably a dumb assumption but i'm going to need to find my SID for wondercard shiny to make it work?

i said predictable but i ment easier to find, apologies
You can't get a shiny Victini, because the Victini is set to be non-shiny.

Does anyone here have a spreadsheet for White encounter slots? The onsite one isn't working anymore, and i really need it right now :x

Stupid question here:

But for a Naive Victini Wondercard, I need to press the "A" button as I load it.

But every time I press A to activate the load, it doesn't seem to register.

Does anybody know how to deal with this problems, or are A presses impossible to do?

-James

Stupid question here:

But for a Naive Victini Wondercard, I need to press the "A" button as I load it.

But every time I press A to activate the load, it doesn't seem to register.

Does anybody know how to deal with this problems, or are A presses impossible to do?

-James
try pressing a as soon as your target is -1 second away, then keep holding a until the game freak shows up. if this doesn't work, find another keypress/es combination.

try pressing a as soon as your target is -1 second away, then keep holding a until the game freak shows up. if this doesn't work, find another keypress/es combination.
Latter is what I've been doing when I can. I've pretty much ruled out all A keypresses at this point due to this.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Latter is what I've been doing when I can. I've pretty much ruled out all A keypresses at this point due to this.

-James
You should be able to just press A at the same time as if you were doing a seed with no keypresses, then just keep holding it without letting go. That's always worked properly for me, so if it doesn't for you then I'm not sure what else you can do other than avoid A keypresses.

Another nooby question from a 5th Gen RNG Noob - when you get on Route 10 for the first time after defeating the 8th Gym, and you hear of the thunderstorm on Route 7, does this affect the IVs and nature generated on Thundurus/Tornadus?

Also, if I defeat the elite four first before going to the house on Route 7 to encounter the roamer for the first time, does this count as a respawn of the roamers and thus make it hard to RNG them due to unreliable PID advances?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
No & no.

Anything that can affect pid advancement has to happen during the time you turn on the game-hitting the seed-and thundurus comes to you after you exit the old lady's house.

Okay, I've just returned from a long hiatus and am having to relearn 5th gen RNG. I remember RNGing for my ID / SID, so I'd have some decent shiny spreads. I want to try and capture a shiny Pokemon and found a good PIDRNG frame. Does it matter what IV seed I use? (I have some flawless seeds stored away on a document from last year).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I've just returned from a long hiatus and am having to relearn 5th gen RNG. I remember RNGing for my ID / SID, so I'd have some decent shiny spreads. I want to try and capture a shiny Pokemon and found a good PIDRNG frame. Does it matter what IV seed I use? (I have some flawless seeds stored away on a document from last year).
The IVs and PID are generated together. The frames can be advanced independently, but they're still related to each other. Don't search PIDRNG only unless you don't care about IVs.

I RNGed my IDs for a frame 694 shiny Timid spread. Would that be hittable? Or is it too low?

I've also read that characteristics are wrong in the more recent versions of RNG Reporter. Is this true?
I guess that frame is ok if it's above 650. And I don't know what you mean by characteristics being wrong in the recent RNG Reporter. I find that when your calibration parameters and all RNG steps are followed as in the online guide, I get the nature and IVs I want on the Pokemon.

So to my knowledge, the recent RNG reporter works and fine xD

I'm curious if the current RNG Reporter supports Black 2 & White 2.. Well I mean does Black 2 & White 2 use the same RNG as Black & White? :nerd:

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Currently, no. The games are not out yet.

When the time comes, all relevant information on BW2 RNG will be in the Research Thread. Once enough is figured out, Reporter will be updated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)