5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have a question regarding the Entralink guide.

A few times during the guide, save states were mentioned:

"If you have access to those handy dandy save states at this point, it’s recommended that you make a save state after hitting each Delay but before capturing the Pokemon, as you can simply reload the state and go directly to step 15 if you discover you’ve hit the right delay."

"And that’s about it. Yeah, it’s tedious to Entralink RNG on a DS without AR especially when compared to Standard Seed abuse, but it’s totally possible so don’t give up!"

I have an Action Replay DSi and am unsure how to create a save state once I have warped to the Entralink. Obviously save states would make matters way easier, so I would really like to know how to go about doing this. I realize the DSi has a slot for a MicroSD card, which is utilized for save states. I'm just wondering where to begin. Are save states only possible with emulators like DeSmuMe?

If this is an inappropriate question for the thread, just PM to discuss. I'm not trying to crowd this thread with Action Replay questions. Simply curious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than happy to do some RNGing for you in return (4th or 5th Gen).
Save states can only be used on emulators.
ARDSi, can only do .savs not save states.

Save states can only be used on emulators.
ARDSi, can only do .savs not save states.
Gotcha. Well it looks like I'm going to be learning how to use DeSumMe then. I don't have the patience to restart the Entralink process just to get the nature I want. Thanks again Winter!

I tried to breed a shiny brave roggenrola w/ flawless IVs everywhere but speed and sp. atk., but no luck thus far, as I saw failure after failure after failure on the RNGs... I remember(sort of) perfecting 4th gen RNGing, but that was a long time ago, not to mention that roggenrola did not exist back then...

Using the latest version of Reporter:

seed: 8BBCA79D32274016
TID: 05122
SID: 36709
MAC Address: 0017AB9DC105

...So far, I keep getting no shininess and the wrong nature and/or wrong IVs. The most recent of my rng failures is one with a brave nature, but once again, no shininess, and wrong IVs...

Intended frame was 81...

Unless I'm mistaken, I think it's because of failure to recognize my SSF, as I thought that the shifted starting frame is the frame on the bottom where the seed Elm calls and flips are, and added to the PIDRNG initial, but I don't know if I thought wrong, but did I? Do I need to alter my ingame actions in some currently unknown fashion to get my SSF? I tried one chatter, then two, no luck on SSF... Is it in a pattern at some point after a certain frame? Or are the NPCs hindering the finding of my SSF???

Seed Information

^ Can anyone help me solve my difficulties? Does anyone know why I'm not getting a shiny from RNG?

I'm trying to catch a non-shiny 30/31/30/31/31/31 Naive Tornadus, but I'm having trouble finding the SSF. This is November I'm shooting for, so there's normal rain present. The Seed is 237A4B8BA0328960.

I tried the 10 Chatot test suggested by the guide for finding the SSF, and got these results:
- 10 cries Modest (Somewhat Vain)
- 20 cries Rash (Mischievous)
- 30 cries Lax (Mischievous)

But I couldn't find these frames spread out this way on RNG Reporter, between 1000 to 3000. Are these results actually supposed to be 10 frames apart from each other?

That brings me to my next question: why does the guide suggest 10 Chatot cries as opposed to, say, 1 when finding SSF? It doesn't really offer an explanation. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me!

I'm trying to catch a non-shiny 30/31/30/31/31/31 Naive Tornadus, but I'm having trouble finding the SSF. This is November I'm shooting for, so there's normal rain present. The Seed is 237A4B8BA0328960.

I tried the 10 Chatot test suggested by the guide for finding the SSF, and got these results:
- 10 cries Modest (Somewhat Vain)
- 20 cries Rash (Mischievous)
- 30 cries Lax (Mischievous)

But I couldn't find these frames spread out this way on RNG Reporter, between 1000 to 3000. Are these results actually supposed to be 10 frames apart from each other?

That brings me to my next question: why does the guide suggest 10 Chatot cries as opposed to, say, 1 when finding SSF? It doesn't really offer an explanation. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me!
Try setting the frame range to 0 to 3,000. See if anything pops up then.

I've been away from the Pokemon scene for a while, but I was going to come back and RNG :)
I know there used to be a post on how change what ID/SID you get at the start of the game, but I don't see it now, and I could never get it to work. Is it still possible/recommended to abuse this, or just start a game and us the IDs you get?
FYI, I'm talking about White.

I've been away from the Pokemon scene for a while, but I was going to come back and RNG :)
I know there used to be a post on how change what ID/SID you get at the start of the game, but I don't see it now, and I could never get it to work. Is it still possible/recommended to abuse this, or just start a game and us the IDs you get?
FYI, I'm talking about White.
If you haven't found your parameters yet that means you have to start the game with any ID you get, but later on you can restart and abuse your ID/SID.

You actually don't need to abuse your ID because even if you don't you can still find some shiny PIDs. But abusing your ID almost guarantees that you'll get shiny PIDs.

Here's the guide for abusing your ID/SID but I think it won't explain it well enough unless you have experience with 5th gen. RNG.

When Entralink RNGing is there anyway of getting the right nature without relying purely on luck?

I've noticed that using the same Seed I always get Careful adn sometimes Modest when I'm a bit slow.

Pasting the C-Gear Seed into the RNG Reporter and going on PID RNG, I've found Careful and Modest on frames 19 and 20.

Is this co-incidence or is that how you would work out the number of seconds to wait? Even though C Gear Seeds aren't long enough for PIDRNG.

Thanks.

When Entralink RNGing is there anyway of getting the right nature without replying purely on luck? Purely luck as the PIDRNG cannot be controlled.

I've noticed that using the same Seed I always get Careful and sometimes Modest when I'm a bit slow.

Pasting the C-Gear Seed into the RNG Reporter and going on PID RNG, I've found Careful and Modest on frames 19 and 20.

Is this co-incidence or is that how you would work out the number of seconds to wait? Even though C Gear Seeds aren't long enough for PIDRNG.
Probably coincidence.
Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you go through it at the same speed every time, you may see the same nature repeatedly, since the C-Gear advances it at a consistent (albeit unpredictable) rate. So try going a little faster or slower to get different results.

Try setting the frame range to 0 to 3,000. See if anything pops up then.
I ended up triple-checking the three Chatot call trials and noticed that the second one was an Adamant (Mischievous) instead of a Rash. Anywho, I checked frames 0 to 3000 and found no match, but I decided I might as well check up to 4000 as well.

Lo and behold, I found that frame 3437 had a Modest nature, 3447 had Adamant, and 3457 Lax. I noticed that frame 3448 was Naive, so I attempted the correct number of Chatot calls and score! I've got my dream Tornadus in its Nest Ball. :) Thanks for prompting me to check more frames.

I'm still surprised that I had a SSF of over 3000 with normal rain, though...

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
For Entralink abuse do you take the steps to advance the IVRNG before or after you go to the Entree Forest?
I think it might work before going to Entralink.
Though in my case, I usually do it when I get to Entralink...and activate the repels just before saving, to let you know if you've walked/run 100/200/250 steps.

To RNG the fossil Pokemon, What encounter type do I have to use to search for a seed in the time finder, Gift Pokemon or stationary Pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)