ORAS Ubers 3 Set up Sweepers Does The Job! An ORAS OU Ubers Hyper Offense them

Hello, my name is BT Cant Get Burns and i am here to present my ORAS Ubers Hyper Offensive team.

Main Purpose Of The Team: Keeping a high amount of offensive pressure to get through teams and have fun laddering.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND: I do recognize the flaws of this team, i do realize this team isnt perfect. I do however know acouple of things, you can not check EVERY pokemon in the tier, with the introduction of new generations, that threatlist of every tier increases, and you can't account for everything in this metagame. You can however, do your best at predicting, scouting, and outplaying your opponent to get through any pokemon i dont mention in this RMT.

Why should you take my word and try this team out: This team got me to 1410 on the Ubers ladder, ever since the ORAS ladder had reset, my luck has been awful, before the last reset i got to around 1550 with this team, so i do believe this team is solid.

<--- Proof of 1410, i dont have a screen cap of the 1550

No Point in dilly dallying, lets start the Teambuilding process n_n

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute
- Return

I decided to run a bulky Dragon Dancing Salamence, which i believe to be its best set. Dragon Dance boosts your already high attack stat to deadly levels, combined with its wonderful ability of aerilate, making normal moves flying and getting stab and a life orb boost on them, is incredibly hard to pass up considering flying is one of the best offensive typings out there. I decided on roost for longevity and i wanted substitute to block status and switch into a CB ho-oh seeing as:

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 72-84 (18.2 - 21.3%) -- possible 5HKO

Meaning that it isn't going to break your substitute. This means you can get behind a substitute on a predicted switch and start to Dragon Dance. You don't really require speed on this set seeing as how bulky Mence is for a offensive pokemon it doesn't really need it, its better if you put those ev's into HP so it creates a environment where you can set up easily.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Primal Groudon is probably the most used pokemon in Ubers for good reason. It can set up hazards, leave little thunder wave presents on things like Xerneas, and can deal a lot of damage to Primal Kyogre despite not having attack EV's, it 2 hit KO's most variants, if they do invest in HP, you can outspeed them with Xerneas, get up a Geomancy, and proceed to murder everything. This also gives me a Ho-Oh Check, and Blaziken. Overall, Groudon is the pokemon on the team the puts everyone on his back and he always puts in work for the team.

Darkrai @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Spacial Rend / Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

I know you are looking at that Set and wondering wtf is that, but trust me it works. I decided on Darkrai because at this point of the process i realized that Lugia shits on my team, this teams finished product is kind of lugia weak, but lugia is really fucking bulky, so its hard to break it without toxic. I do however have Dark Void, a move that puts any non Insomnia / Lum Berry Pokemon to sleep, meaning you can basically take 12 percent off of them because of Bad Dreams. I have Dark Pulse for STAB, now the reason i have lefties is because i don't see a reason for any item other than lefties, Life Orb Makes me lose HP, which i don't need, i don't gain that much from the power boost. I have rocks to break the Lugias Multiscale and overall i used Life Orb On Darkrai for a bit but found that lefties was just better, seeing as i don't have a way to remove hazards, but i do realize that sash does help me if i decide to lead with darkrai, i do understand leftovers doesnt help that much either, either item can be used with effectiveness.. Focus Blast is for steel types, and rock types, its good coverage on pokemon like Dialga and the Arceus Family. Special Rend Helps deal with Palkia and other dragon types in the tier. Alternatively you can use Sludge Bomb for Xerneas, but i find dark voiding it to be more practical.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Psychic / Thunderbolt / Aromatherapy / HP Fire
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

The Staple of a lot of teams in Ubers, i decided on Xerneas as one of my sweepers. I wanted it to be a psychically defensive wall, seeing as i get all my other stats that mattered raised because of Geomancy.
The EV's help you set up on Primal Groudon, while being able to 2 Hit KO it with a +2 Moonblast. Focus Blast again is for Dialga and other steel types. The last move was a toss up, i ran Thunderbolt at first for Primal Kyogre, but i realize i can 2 Hit KO it with Moonblast after a Geomancy, Psychic is my preferred move to hit Mega Gengar, or else it perish traps you. Aromatherapy can get rid of status not only on Xerneas, but a toxic on Groudon or a Burn on Mence. HP fire is in my opinion the last move you would run but considering the team, i dont see it fit too well. It is mainly used to kill Genesect, but most are scarfed and outspeed this variant, if you run speed, it makes it harder to set up considering the lost of defense.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head

I decided on Genesect as my scarfer, because it can clean up weakened teams, it gets amazing coverage, and download + 120 offensive stats is good. It can come in on a +1 Bulky Mence if it isn't behind a sub. It can 2 Hit KO Mega Gengar with a Iron Head or 1 Hit KO it if it switches in after something dies. With rocks up, it can weaken teams easily. I never regretted Genesect as my Scarfer, it also provides Momentum, which is always a good thing in teams. Thunderbolt is for Weakened Kyogres, but i think U-Turn does decent damage on Kyogre.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

This is my final pokemon, E Killer Arceus. I used Rayquaza before and was a Dragon Dance Variant, but i didn't really see any situations Raquaza came in handy, Arceus however is one of the best pokemon on the team. It is a check to Geomancy Xerneas, and it can handle lug with shadow claw. I run Extreme Speed for Priority and STAB, and Earthquake for Primal Groudon and to hit Gengar before it megas seeing as it loses levitate. This is a simple set but a effective one, which is what i love about it.

THREATS TO THIS TEAM: Lugia
- Its incredibly bulky and that is what makes it difficult for me to handle, i do have ways of checking it but that may not always be enough.

Arceus -
Depending on how weaken the team is in general, Acreus can clean up but it isn't often you will get swept by Arceus.

Xerneas -
Again, if the team is weakened it can sweep, but not most of the time. If they run Speed, you kill With Arceus with Extreme Speed at +2, if they run hp they can survive but Genesect outspeeds and can pick it off.

I Hope you guys enjoy this team guys, please give me feedback i would love it!!!

Shout Outs: First one is to my pet chicken, me and him went through everything together :]
But on real, Megas4ever was there for me when i was haxed, so i have to should him out first :]

Next to my boiis in the tournaments room, there are too many to name but Ready2go202, Petyer, Vapo, IDerpy, and VeryPinkPancakes are the first couple to come to mind.

All of my bros in EOS: Japan, Delta, Nyxia, Yung Sensory, and Ralker, you guys are cool.

Special shoutout to Xerneas, he was the MVP of the team for me.

If you guys want to find me on PS, BT Cant Get Burns is my name and Pokemon is my game :]

I usually hang out in the Tournament and The Studios rooms on main.

I hang out alot on acouple of alternative servers such as Ultra, EOS, And Aura (i own it)

IMPORTABLE:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Spacial Rend
- Focus Blast

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute
- Return

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head

Songs i Listened to while i laddered:
Energy - Drake
Gives You Hell - The All American Rejects
6 Man - Drake
I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace
Pain - Three Days Grace
Pepper - Butthole Surfers
Dracula From Houston - Butthole Surfers

I Hope you guys have a wonderful day, BT Cant Get Burns is signing out.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
I remember playing this team, you played well with it. I can however remember thinking there were a few flaws in the general team that I think you can fix up quite easily.

While I personally do not like using Substitute Mence, I can see why you did so. I would, in general, advise using Refresh or Earthquake over Substitute, but it is down to your preference here. I would however suggest changing the evs to have 200 HP and putting 60 evs in Speed. The extra speed can help you win games against things that would otherwise beat you such as fast Ho-ohs. the 60 speed is 2 points higher than Adamant Rayquaza, so you can speed creep things that go for that benchmark.

With your groudon, I would advise changing the set to the following:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

This set gives you a much needed solid answer to Xerneas (your current spread needs only the slightest bit of chip damage on it to be kod by xerneas after stealth rock) and I changed fire punch to lava plume. this gives you more utility vs stall teams (fishing for burns) and is in general more useful than fire punch.

On your Xerneas, thunder is much better than Psychic, which hits nothing relevant. Thunder can mean you kill Pogre and Ho-oh with some chip damage on the latter. I would also advise using an ev spread of 104 Hp / 96 Def / 252 Spa / 44 Spe with a modest nature, as it allows you to outspeed scarf genesect after a geomancy. Even max defense cant beat Groudon sufficiently 1v1, and the extra spa means you can sweep teams a lot easier.

Darkrai, use sludge bomb over spacial rend, and a life orb is much better than a sash set, you get a lot of kills with a life orb that you dont with sash, which is useless as soon as your opponent gets up hazards.

The Arceus set is fine, no changes needed.

Genesect, I would recommend using sleep talk over thunderbolt (which doesn't really hit anything) so you have a decent switch in to Darkrai.

Hope this helped.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi. This is a pretty standard type of arrangement for offensive builds with some twists and I see several things that should be addressed.

If Genesect were changed to Deoxys-S you would have the most standard of HO teams, and what this does is that it allows the P Don set to run Rock Polish / Swords Dance as it doesn't need to run Stealth Rock. Seriously consider if you should be running Genesect and what it does that outweighs the benefit of gravitating this build towards something more standard. If you are keeping Genesect then you need to make it more worthwhile to use, specifically as a Darkrai check, P Don chipper, Xern check non / pre-Geo, and method of getting in your other setup sweepers. As already mentioned, you'll want Sleep Talk over Thunderbolt as it helps against Darkrai while you're U-Turning against things such as Ho-Oh and P Ogre anyways. Furthermore, change the nature to Jolly as with the current moveset it's not restricted to the Hasty nature. You may or may not want to experiment with an Adamant nature.

Optimize the Darkrai set; there is no reason to ever be running Spacial Rend. The set for a build such as this should be Dark Void / Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Coverage. If you really dislike Lugia as much as you say, then you have even more reason to be running Nasty Plot on Darkrai. Since you are running Genesect you might want to try Thunder as your coverage option to nail Ho-Oh and P Ogre. Even Taunt is a much better option over Rend. Other sets need some adjustment as well. Mega Salamence should at least be running enough Speed to outpace Scarf Xern at +1, and probably much more to creep base 90s and such pre-Mega. You mention using it as a Ho-Oh switch-in, although a team such as this doesn't necessarily need a direct switch-in as you should be able to maintain hazard pressure and have nothing that Ho-Oh really comes into. If you really want it to better function as a Ho-Oh switch-in, run Refresh over Substitute as you can remove Sacred Fire burns that occur upon switch-in. With Genesect, P Don, and EKiller you can get away with not running Earthquake on Mega Salamence as Tyranitar and Arc Ground shouldn't be massive issues, but consider it anyways.

If Lugia is still an issue, which it really shouldn't be, run Stone Edge on P Don and Thunder on Xerneas. They really should be running these moves anyways, and you can even consider Rock Slide > Stone Edge to paraflinch with P Don as you have Thunder Wave. Normally I run SpA on Xern rather than excessive bulk, but I suppose you can get away with such a set, just run at least 44 Speed EVs if not a bit more to beat the largely irrelevant Genesect along with getting some creep in against the crowded surround Speed tier. You don't really need Xern to have this high defense investment; assuming you ran Stone Edge on EKiller Mega Mence can't really setup on anything and you have your own bulky Mega Salamence to help check it as well.

There isn't really a good reason to be running that much physical defense on P Don unless you like really need it to tank something a bit arbitrary like +2 EKiller Earthquake or one of Rayquaza's moves. I'd recommend adding some Speed creep, placing enough SpD to function as an emergency Geo Xern check, and dumping the rest into attack so you can maintain at least some pressure. Also consider Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on EKiller as this team shouldn't really struggle against Gira-O and it doesn't necessarily ensure you beat Arc Ghost anyways.

Summary:
Run Speed on Mega Salamence, at least 88 if not as much as 176
Run Refresh over Substitute on Mega Salamence assuming you want to be using it as a backup Ho-Oh check
Consider running Earthquake on Mega Salamence
Run Attack on P Don and some Speed creep, but retain enough bulk to check Xern and other threats
Run Rock Slide or Stone Edge over Fire Punch on P Don
Run Nasty Plot over Spacial Rend on Darkrai
Run Thunder over Focus Blast on Darkrai
Run 4 Def EVs > 4 SpD EVs on Darkrai
Run Life Orb or Focus Sash, but not Leftovers on Darkrai
Run at least 44 Speed EVs on Xerneas
Consider dumping the Defense EVs except for 24 of them into SpA on Xerneas
Consider running a Modest nature on Xerneas
Run Thunder on Xerneas
Run Jolly on Genesect and consider running Adamant
Run Sleep Talk over Thunderbolt on Genesect
Consider Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on EKiller

Alright good luck with your team. I've only gotten Genesect to work on one offensive build so it's a challenging mon to build with.

I remember playing this team, you played well with it. I can however remember thinking there were a few flaws in the general team that I think you can fix up quite easily.

While I personally do not like using Substitute Mence, I can see why you did so. I would, in general, advise using Refresh or Earthquake over Substitute, but it is down to your preference here. I would however suggest changing the evs to have 200 HP and putting 60 evs in Speed. The extra speed can help you win games against things that would otherwise beat you such as fast Ho-ohs. the 60 speed is 2 points higher than Adamant Rayquaza, so you can speed creep things that go for that benchmark.

With your groudon, I would advise changing the set to the following:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

This set gives you a much needed solid answer to Xerneas (your current spread needs only the slightest bit of chip damage on it to be kod by xerneas after stealth rock) and I changed fire punch to lava plume. this gives you more utility vs stall teams (fishing for burns) and is in general more useful than fire punch.

On your Xerneas, thunder is much better than Psychic, which hits nothing relevant. Thunder can mean you kill Pogre and Ho-oh with some chip damage on the latter. I would also advise using an ev spread of 104 Hp / 96 Def / 252 Spa / 44 Spe with a modest nature, as it allows you to outspeed scarf genesect after a geomancy. Even max defense cant beat Groudon sufficiently 1v1, and the extra spa means you can sweep teams a lot easier.

Darkrai, use sludge bomb over spacial rend, and a life orb is much better than a sash set, you get a lot of kills with a life orb that you dont with sash, which is useless as soon as your opponent gets up hazards.

The Arceus set is fine, no changes needed.

Genesect, I would recommend using sleep talk over thunderbolt (which doesn't really hit anything) so you have a decent switch in to Darkrai.

Hope this helped.
Hi. This is a pretty standard type of arrangement for offensive builds with some twists and I see several things that should be addressed.

If Genesect were changed to Deoxys-S you would have the most standard of HO teams, and what this does is that it allows the P Don set to run Rock Polish / Swords Dance as it doesn't need to run Stealth Rock. Seriously consider if you should be running Genesect and what it does that outweighs the benefit of gravitating this build towards something more standard. If you are keeping Genesect then you need to make it more worthwhile to use, specifically as a Darkrai check, P Don chipper, Xern check non / pre-Geo, and method of getting in your other setup sweepers. As already mentioned, you'll want Sleep Talk over Thunderbolt as it helps against Darkrai while you're U-Turning against things such as Ho-Oh and P Ogre anyways. Furthermore, change the nature to Jolly as with the current moveset it's not restricted to the Hasty nature. You may or may not want to experiment with an Adamant nature.

Optimize the Darkrai set; there is no reason to ever be running Spacial Rend. The set for a build such as this should be Dark Void / Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Coverage. If you really dislike Lugia as much as you say, then you have even more reason to be running Nasty Plot on Darkrai. Since you are running Genesect you might want to try Thunder as your coverage option to nail Ho-Oh and P Ogre. Even Taunt is a much better option over Rend. Other sets need some adjustment as well. Mega Salamence should at least be running enough Speed to outpace Scarf Xern at +1, and probably much more to creep base 90s and such pre-Mega. You mention using it as a Ho-Oh switch-in, although a team such as this doesn't necessarily need a direct switch-in as you should be able to maintain hazard pressure and have nothing that Ho-Oh really comes into. If you really want it to better function as a Ho-Oh switch-in, run Refresh over Substitute as you can remove Sacred Fire burns that occur upon switch-in. With Genesect, P Don, and EKiller you can get away with not running Earthquake on Mega Salamence as Tyranitar and Arc Ground shouldn't be massive issues, but consider it anyways.

If Lugia is still an issue, which it really shouldn't be, run Stone Edge on P Don and Thunder on Xerneas. They really should be running these moves anyways, and you can even consider Rock Slide > Stone Edge to paraflinch with P Don as you have Thunder Wave. Normally I run SpA on Xern rather than excessive bulk, but I suppose you can get away with such a set, just run at least 44 Speed EVs if not a bit more to beat the largely irrelevant Genesect along with getting some creep in against the crowded surround Speed tier. You don't really need Xern to have this high defense investment; assuming you ran Stone Edge on EKiller Mega Mence can't really setup on anything and you have your own bulky Mega Salamence to help check it as well.

There isn't really a good reason to be running that much physical defense on P Don unless you like really need it to tank something a bit arbitrary like +2 EKiller Earthquake or one of Rayquaza's moves. I'd recommend adding some Speed creep, placing enough SpD to function as an emergency Geo Xern check, and dumping the rest into attack so you can maintain at least some pressure. Also consider Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on EKiller as this team shouldn't really struggle against Gira-O and it doesn't necessarily ensure you beat Arc Ghost anyways.

Summary:
Run Speed on Mega Salamence, at least 88 if not as much as 176
Run Refresh over Substitute on Mega Salamence assuming you want to be using it as a backup Ho-Oh check
Consider running Earthquake on Mega Salamence
Run Attack on P Don and some Speed creep, but retain enough bulk to check Xern and other threats
Run Rock Slide or Stone Edge over Fire Punch on P Don
Run Nasty Plot over Spacial Rend on Darkrai
Run Thunder over Focus Blast on Darkrai
Run 4 Def EVs > 4 SpD EVs on Darkrai
Run Life Orb or Focus Sash, but not Leftovers on Darkrai
Run at least 44 Speed EVs on Xerneas
Consider dumping the Defense EVs except for 24 of them into SpA on Xerneas
Consider running a Modest nature on Xerneas
Run Thunder on Xerneas
Run Jolly on Genesect and consider running Adamant
Run Sleep Talk over Thunderbolt on Genesect
Consider Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on EKiller

Alright good luck with your team. I've only gotten Genesect to work on one offensive build so it's a challenging mon to build with.
I do like both of your suggestions, i appreciate the suggestions alot, i noticed as i got higher up on the ladder, and i do realize im not TOO high on the ladder, but as i rose up, Mence did jackshit, i agree the lugia issue is easily dealt with, but i play around it quite fine, ill try out the recommendation of stone edge + lava plume on Groudon, it provides alot more than fire punch, sub on mence just left me losing hp, ill try out the recommendations you guys made and again i really appreciate it, thnx <3

You might as well run refresh mence>sub as it allows you to get rid of status instead of just blocking it temporarily. If your going to run that type ox xern its moonblast/rest/geomancy and block. You block the mons that you could set up on, i.e a -2 latios or latias, an arceus dark. Np/dark pulse/dark void and sludge bomb on darkrai imo.
imo block doesnt really make sense, the latis aren't staying in on you one, neither is arceus dark, the rest of the changes i already made.

Hi BT Cant Get Burns! Nice team you have here. There's a few things I can see that will improve your team a bit though:

-First, this set on salamence:

Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

This set optimizes your EV to outspeed + nature base 100 but you can change it to 124 spe without Jolly to outspeed +nature base 90 since base 99s like Xerneas never really run max speed. Refresh is also better for outright breaking stall in the long run since you can afford to mispredict and take a status move.

-For Xerneas, use Thunder over thunderbolt, Fairy Aura STAB moonblast does more to Lugia than Thunderbolt.

-As for PDon, you're set isn't exactly a Ho-oh check because you can't touch it. I would suggest the set that PoMMan suggested with Roar over Thunder Wave to stop Xerneas from getting at least 2 kills every time.

-Darkrai: I would suggest this set :

Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Spacial Rend isn't a very good move on darkrai, especially if you're using it to hit Palkia, which isn't exactly the most relevant threat in ORAS due to Primal Groudon. Ice Beam hits everything relevant with better coverage than Spacial Rend. Focus Blast isn't the best choice for a team really weak to Xerneas, because it walls and sets up on Darkrai assuming 1 thing is already asleep, so Sludge Bomb is usually the best option. Also Mega Salamence is a massive threat to your team and Ice beam prevents it from setting up.

Finally I'd change Genesect to a Scarf Zekrom:

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch

While you lose a bit of base speed, but Genesect just isn't very good in this meta. You can still utilize Volt Switch for grabbing momentum, and now you have a good way to break through Lugia due to Teravolt ignoring Multiscale. Also acts as a secondary Kyogre check if Groudon is weakened (don't really wanna switch in thought).

With these changes, Salamence is still pretty scary but doesn't set up against pretty much anything on your team.

Hope I helped! n_n

Hi BT Cant Get Burns! Nice team you have here. There's a few things I can see that will improve your team a bit though:

-First, this set on salamence:

Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

This set optimizes your EV to outspeed + nature base 100 but you can change it to 124 spe without Jolly to outspeed +nature base 90 since base 99s like Xerneas never really run max speed. Refresh is also better for outright breaking stall in the long run since you can afford to mispredict and take a status move.

-For Xerneas, use Thunder over thunderbolt, Fairy Aura STAB moonblast does more to Lugia than Thunderbolt.

-As for PDon, you're set isn't exactly a Ho-oh check because you can't touch it. I would suggest the set that PoMMan suggested with Roar over Thunder Wave to stop Xerneas from getting at least 2 kills every time.

-Darkrai: I would suggest this set :

Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Spacial Rend isn't a very good move on darkrai, especially if you're using it to hit Palkia, which isn't exactly the most relevant threat in ORAS due to Primal Groudon. Ice Beam hits everything relevant with better coverage than Spacial Rend. Focus Blast isn't the best choice for a team really weak to Xerneas, because it walls and sets up on Darkrai assuming 1 thing is already asleep, so Sludge Bomb is usually the best option. Also Mega Salamence is a massive threat to your team and Ice beam prevents it from setting up.

Finally I'd change Genesect to a Scarf Zekrom:

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch

While you lose a bit of base speed, but Genesect just isn't very good in this meta. You can still utilize Volt Switch for grabbing momentum, and now you have a good way to break through Lugia due to Teravolt ignoring Multiscale. Also acts as a secondary Kyogre check if Groudon is weakened (don't really wanna switch in thought).

With these changes, Salamence is still pretty scary but doesn't set up against pretty much anything on your team.

Hope I helped! n_n
Thnx for the suggestions, all were made already, darkrai is also LO now, plus imo genesect is a better switch into darkrai than zekrom, which is something i need

tbh zekrom is mediocre in ubers.
And Genesect is better ?_?
he needs a way to break through Lugia and Zekrom is a better scarfer for the job (and a lot better in general)

Thnx for the suggestions, all were made already, darkrai is also LO now, plus imo genesect is a better switch into darkrai than zekrom, which is something i need
Just letting you know, Genesect isn't a good switch in to Darkrai either haha. Genesect forces it out but doesn't exactly make a good sleep fodder or switch in to LO dark pulse.

And Genesect is better ?_?
he needs a way to break through Lugia and Zekrom is a better scarfer for the job (and a lot better in general)

Just letting you know, Genesect isn't a good switch in to Darkrai either haha. Genesect forces it out but doesn't exactly make a good sleep fodder or switch in to LO dark pulse.
true i guess, i rarely use this team anymore but ill try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)