2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

what does that even mean lol, he's a gifted and versatile striker with a provem track record in this country - there is no system he doesn't fit. i think what you're trying to say is you're upset that you haven't threw £30-50 million at some overpriced big name with a 90 ranking on FIFA.

don't know if it's going through or not but cheers Demba - no hard feelings, it really was our own fault for not offering you a better contract when we had the chance, god knows you deserved it.
lmao so true.. demba ba is a complete forward. he won't create anything out of this world but with him you get a minumum of 20 goals if played as a ST.

his highest season total is 9.

horrible player.

Oh dear.

Well, obviously it was a poor result for us, and a very unexpected one too. Although QPR were undeserving of their win, we did play rubbish for a team for our quality, and honestly we didn't deserve to win either. Ivanovic was infuriating to watch, skying the ball over the goal on numerous occasions with his less-than-stellar shots. Luiz did this too, and also Lampard to an extent. Both Marin and Oscar played poorly, and this just shows that Oscar functions much better with Hazard and Mata; it was a terrible lineup, and Rafa's mistake. Ultimately though, losing the game was not the manager's fault. Looking at the lineup, we still should have won easily. Torres was once again horrendous, but Ba won't make a difference seeing as Abramovich will order Benitez to play Torres all the time, ignorant to his form. Taarabt played well, as did Gary Cahill. Both keepers made good saves, but we really should have taken our chances. There were a few headers we should have converted, but hey, that's football. We got lucky with some of the referee's decisions and so did QPR.

In general though, it was a great game to watch. It had loads of atmosphere and a tense finish.

Chamakh to West Ham

Probably one of the happiest news there could have been this transfer window if it goes through! I like Chamakh but I never thought he looked top quality and when Van Persie came back it really showed because with the same players around him RVP was banging in a goal a game whereas Chamakh could only manage 1 in every 4 or 5. He fell so far out of favour with Wenger (I don't know what happened) that his 60k a week is a pretty big waste. Great news to get that off the wage bill and I hope he can get some game time where he's going, he's not a bad player!

Real shame about that AC Milan exhibition match, Boateng was right for doing what he did, this kind of stuff really needs to end..

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yay! Can't wait to watch him tomorrow! The sight of Torres languishing on the bench (or so I hope) will be really easy on the eyes as well.Prepare to be lost in the shadows of the next african goal machine to pull on a Chelsea jersey bitch!

spurs just officially announced the signing of lewis holtby from schalke, coming in july on a free transfer when his contract runs out. yea tottenham casually signed the captain of the german u21 team with champions league experience for £0, nbd. would be nice if he were coming in january but still, this is pretty boss and makes up for sigurdsson being kind of a bust.

if tottenham can find a quality striker for a non-stupid price (our only two strikers are both >28 and liable to go on terrible runs of form) and maybe a backup winger, our squad will be positively dirty

I think Tottenham need another Left Back, Idk why but I don't like Assou Ekkoto too much, speaking of a LB if Ashley Cole leaves Chelsea... that'd be terrible. Myself I would like Fabio Coentrão or Leighton Baines as a replacement. Preferably Baines.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
you have to wonder just how much financial shit man utd must be in when they feel the need to pull stunts like that

no, but i don't see how united are pulling one either.
it looks dodgey hence why fergie is calling for it to be looked at. If there isn;t a problem then it will be found out. you would be annoyed if you wanted to see a player to a club for 6m only for him to go there 6 months later at half and only get 5% of the fee.

and bye bye newcastle \o

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
he scores when he wants

demba ba

i could maybe start to tolerate chelsea at this rate

just a little bit though and only until a chelsea fan annoys me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)