2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

city and united are gay they should both lose

torres netted a brace but i dont think he'll keep that form

milan is doing very well right now, imo they just need a defender. and IL FARAONE is a future BDO winner, take notes

did anyone catch the atletico madrid game? falcao with 5 goals, unbelievable.

also, i'm probably biased saying this because i'm from argentina but messi is without a doubt the best player in the world. you guys probably dont give a shit about la liga considering everyone in this thread seems to be following epl lol

Messi broke a new record today, scoring 86 times in a whole year (Gerd Müller was the previous record holder with 85 goals).

It's not that we're not aware of La Liga or what's going on, we just don't care that much since we're not supporters of any team in that league.

did anyone catch the atletico madrid game? falcao with 5 goals, unbelievable.

also, i'm probably biased saying this because i'm from argentina but messi is without a doubt the best player in the world. you guys probably dont give a shit about la liga considering everyone in this thread seems to be following epl lol
It's not that we're not aware of La Liga or what's going on, we just don't care that much since we're not supporters of any team in that league.
:evan:

lol i don't think anyone disagrees that messi is the best in the world. it's only debatable if he's the best in the history, since he's up there with pelé, maradona, ronaldo, zidane, etc

i'm not sure whether he's the best of all time. he's won everything there is to win both as a team and as an individual. he's also broken a bunch of individual scoring records including the one today.

however, i don't think messi will be the best of all time until he wins a world cup. thankfully though, he's still very young and is actually getting better each year.

4th balloon d'or lgi.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
gerd muller scored his goals in less games and against better opposition than like getafe, messi needs to prove himself on an international basis before you can put him up there with people like pele

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
messi hasnt won everything there is to win as a team, he still hasnt won a world ucp @ milos

@ shade: muller scored 12 of his 85 goals in a made up tournament with teams from the 4th/5th german division or something iirc due to the league being pushed back. and i think you havent been watching argentina lately as messi has been on fire for his country in recent times. just because he hasnt won a world cup it doesnt mean he plays bad for argentina.

and id reply to your absolutely retarded comment phalanx but its so dumb that ill just ignore it

Napoli lost to Inter im sad :'(

messi hasnt won everything there is to win as a team, he still hasnt won a world ucp @ milos

@ shade: muller scored 12 of his 85 goals in a made up tournament with teams from the 4th/5th german division or something iirc due to the league being pushed back. and i think you havent been watching argentina lately as messi has been on fire for his country in recent times. just because he hasnt won a world cup it doesnt mean he plays bad for argentina.

and id reply to your absolutely retarded comment phalanx but its so dumb that ill just ignore it

Napoli lost to Inter im sad :'(
yeah thats why i said all he needs to win is a wc in order to become one of the best of all time. although messi HAS won a world cup with argentina, it was the 2005 fifa youth world cup, we just need him to bring home the real one.

and i think the reason why messi has played mediocre for the national team in the past is because we had coaches who didn't know what position to put messi in to play him at his best. maradona as our coach was terrible. our new coach sabella has found the best way to exploit his talents imo and thats why hes had 13 goals in 9 games this year (and got us ranked 3rd in the fifa international standings).

enough ranting about messi though, ill let this thread go back to its general football talk :)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
All I want to see Messi do is play in the Premier League but he has absolutely no reason to ever leave Barcelona.
except to prove himself in a much more competitive league - messi has a history of underperforming against english teams (sans arsenal if i recall correctly but they aren't really a traditional english team). i think latinoheat is as big a la liga fan as anybody else here and i remember him saying once that la liga is basically Barca, Real, a few decent teams and then the rest of the league around the quality of blackburn rovers. i liked that heh

He is better then Pele but so is Zidane,Muller,Ronaldo even Cristiano. Messi would do the exact same in the EPL, Ronaldo is lagging behind and he was the best player in the EPL before he left and he has only got better.

The real Ronaldo without the injuries is the best ever.

except to prove himself in a much more competitive league - messi has a history of underperforming against english teams (sans arsenal if i recall correctly but they aren't really a traditional english team). i think latinoheat is as big a la liga fan as anybody else here and i remember him saying once that la liga is basically Barca, Real, a few decent teams and then the rest of the league around the quality of blackburn rovers. i liked that heh
to any english team trying to buy messi, good luck. i think he's currently priced at 140 million euros.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
except to prove himself in a much more competitive league - messi has a history of underperforming against english teams
Although he has always played well vs United he looks like a shadow of himself vs Chelsea and has never scored vs them-FACT.

to any english team trying to buy messi, good luck. i think he's currently priced at 140 million euros.
Last I checked he had a release clause of 225 mln and Ronaldo 's was 1 bln(Heard some silly rumours of PSG planning a major bid for him in Jan lol......then again they are the richest club in the world......).

Spanish defenders do kick lumps out of Messi in every game. We aren't the only people in Europe who know how to kick someone more talented than ourselves.

If Barca doesn't clean house against all the "rest of the teams around the quality of Blackburn Rovers", what would they do at Everton, or at Stoke in the winter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)