2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really excited about Stirling, I just hope he doesn't go the same way as so many before him.

The good thing about Sterling is that he's shown a lot of intelligence and maturity on the football pitch.

Admittedly, he doesn't have as much pace as 17 y.o. Walcott but has a good footballing brain and looks to have better end product.

i wanted to write something about hillsborough, but it's too sad and complicated for me to even touch i think so i'll restrict myself to saying well done to the families and supporters for fighting so fucking hard for the truth in the face of horrible adversity

Hillsborough was before my time but it's good to see the grieving families finally being given the information and the truth they were kept from so long. Not sure if it's any degree of comfort though, since they know the people responsible for the negligence is still out there unpunished. At least it is the first step to some measure of closure though.

In Arsenal news, specifically Wenger on Frimpong: "It is very good news because he is really fit and ready. He has worked very hard and we are amazed how good he looks at the moment."

Get in! Cannot wait for the return of Wilshere and Frimpong, if they can get back to where they left off then the midfield is looking unbelievably strong. Lack of options up front is the issue this season - there's always something missing...

edit: Also who is pumped for City vs Real Madrid next week??? Can't wait for CL.

edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsuuHyt3uM Still cracks me up everytime!

edit3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOz-cPWsIhs&feature=related too many good videos

My Weekly Predictions:

Norwich City 1-1 West Ham
Arsenal 2-1 Southampton
Aston Villa 0-1 Swansea
Manchester United 3-1 Wigan
QPR 1-2 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Manchester City
Fulham 3-1 West Brom
Sunderland 0-0 Liverpool

My Weekly Predictions:

Norwich City 1-1 West Ham
Arsenal 2-1 Southampton
Aston Villa 0-1 Swansea
Manchester United 3-1 Wigan
QPR 1-2 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Manchester City
Fulham 3-1 West Brom
Sunderland 0-0 Liverpool
k

Norwich City 1-2 West Ham - West Ham are bosses.
Arsenal 2-1 Southampton - Southampton have rotten luck.
Aston Villa 1-1 Swansea - Villa will get their game together and Swansea's high will be disrupted after the break.
Manchester United 3-0 Wigan - ...
QPR 1-3 Chelsea - ...
Stoke 0-2 Manchester City - stubborn stoke will be outclassed
Fulham 2-1 West Brom - Both proving the be good teams despite losing some vital assets over the transfer window.
Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool - 'pool to edge it.

Norwich City 1-3 West Ham
Arsenal 3-4 Southampton
Aston Villa 1-4 Swansea
Manchester United 1-2 Wigan
QPR 2-4 Chelsea
Stoke 1-4 Manchester City
Fulham 3-2 West Brom
Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Really disappointing performance,especially from Torres and Hazard.Good thing Fletcher's gonna make up for Torres lack of goals in Fantasy.Two more Fletcher goals lets get it

Why do I always miss the good Arsenal matches???

Have to wait for MotD to deliver the goods tonight! I wish I had seen the match to see how Coquelin and Gervinho did. Really interesting choices from Wenger, he knows too much!

Despite the win, I'm disappointed that Giroud did not start, it would have been nice to see him pick up his first goal. I read somewhere that both Bergkamp and Henry scored their first goals for Arsenal in mid-September against Southampton. Was hoping for the same here today..

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wht a great win.. did not expect that scoreline.. but the goals kept coming and coming

Despite the win, I'm disappointed that Giroud did not start, it would have been nice to see him pick up his first goal. I read somewhere that both Bergkamp and Henry scored their first goals for Arsenal in mid-September against Southampton. Was hoping for the same here today..
It shows Wenger's thinking on his striking options. Giroud is the big man and Wenger used him against the likes of Sunderland, Stoke and Liverpool - teams with solid defences that he needed a strong striker to battle and keep the pressure up front. Against Southampton he must have thought that they would be more vulnerable at the back, so he used a much quicker player up front (Gervinho) who doesn't give as much back to the team but who could punish less well organised defences with his pace.

I was really wondering what Wenger's thinking was with strikers this season and it's good to see that he has indeed planned to have a big man as well as a speedy poacher to prevent Arsenal becoming too predictable. As long as Giroud starts showing that he can put them in, this is a better situation than last season where we only had RVP with no option to change. Although in fairness RVP was pretty much unplayable and kept scoring despite opponents knowing exactly what they were gonna get so it wasn't a problem at all!

Starting to get annoyed, three games in a row we've been the better team only to miss chances and draw all three (+QPR bullshit). Also Madrid/Milan are starting pretty badly.

Starting to get annoyed, three games in a row we've been the better team only to miss chances and draw all three (+QPR bullshit). Also Madrid/Milan are starting pretty badly.
careful, too much of that and you'll risk being the next Liverpool ;)

Madrid are playing badly cos all their players are sad ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)