2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Well Nosferalto looking at Liverpool's options are you really suggesting that Sahin isn't going to play attacking mid? Gerrard is great but he isn't the player he once was. Sahin has the creativity and the reality is Liverpool doesn't have anyone else to play there so Sahin has to. It's not dependent on where he used to play. My thinking was that Allen was signed to play the Pirlo role while Lucas or Shelvey do the 'breaking up' in midfield and Sahin was signed to play in a more advanced position and hopefully take some playing pressure off Gerrard...?

RVP can go fuck himself.

Run into the arms of the people who were calling you VanRapist for years.

Embraaaaaaaace it!

Southampton really blew it

would i find it funnier if you sacked rodgers by christmas or if you can't afford to sack him and he gets you relegated?

oh gosh i just don't know

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RVP can go fuck himself.

Run into the arms of the people who were calling you VanRapist for years.

Embraaaaaaaace it!

Southampton really blew it
you oughta be ashamed of yourself for turning your back on him so readily after he carried your team on his back for several years. his departure was amicable too - he didn't hand in a transfer request nor did he 'do a Modric.' When we sold Andy Cole to Man Utd I wished him all the best and was always happy to see him score (provided it wasn't against us)

akuchi rebelling in Rodger's failings is a little different since Brendan climbed all over Swansea in the transfer market; stealing their star player, hijacking potential targets and bringing about the collapse of the Gyffi deal but RVP hasn't uttered a bad word about Arsenal yet. Why do you hate him so?

Premier League so far:

Best Signing: Michu, Swansea, 2m. Played 3 games. Scored 4 goals.
Runner Up: Van Persie, Man United, 20m. Played 2 games. Scored 4 goals.
Honourable Mention: Steven Fletcher, Ryan Sterling, Joe Allen and Andy Carroll, 'nough said.

Best Game: Southampton 2-3 Man United. Hearts broken, drama, and a Van Persie hattrick.
Runner Up: Liverpool 2-2 Man City. Liverpool played brilliant, but 2 defensive errors meant they shared points with lackluster City.
Honourable Mention: Chelsea 4-2 Reading.

Worst Signing: Kieran Richardson, Sunderland, ?m. Misplaced passes and a terrible performance against West Ham.
Runner Up: Olivier Giroud, Arsenal. Sluggish, and can't shoot to save his life.

Best Manager: Michael Laudrup
Worst Manager: Brendan Rogers

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
you have sterling and allen there but no cazorla or hazard? legit.

napoli beat fiorentina for a great 2 win start like last season, hopefully we dont draw a shitfuckton of games this time, thats what costed us so much last season. next 2 games seem easy to hopefully we will be up to a 12 point start.

Also Insigne with a good assist to Hamsik, kids growing hopefully he keeps it up!

no offense to any aston villa supporters but nufc should really have brushed apart your team

its pretty obvious pardew needs to drop one of the front men and in my opinion i think jonas / cabaye should be put under some scrutiny after that performance. it seems like cabaye wanted to leave during the transfer window...

i really hope to see demba ba up front with marveaux / ben arfa / obertan behind him as obertan and marveaux seem like the only players who could complete a string of quick passes with ben arfa at the moment. it was clear that obertan was the best player mid-week and i think he needs to be rewarded. obviously this wont happen as pardew is too single-minded when it comes to the first xi

positives out of that game were that bigi has a tonne of potential and that simpson actually looked dangerous on the front foot which is very odd

anyway this game was a testament as to how important tiote is and hopefully will give pardew the courage to drop one of the strikers

Don't even think about trying Sahin further forward. Dortmund beat everybody to that experiment already, and it failed horribly. Sahin looked like some lumbering fool with the footspeed of a dead goat.

Gerrard made his name further forward in 08/09 anyway, and tbh, I personally prefer the 1 DM + 2 CMs midfield setup. Makes teams far less reliant on the AMC for creativity.

But damn, Abou facking Diaby just turned in his best performance in god knows how many years. Which is also code for "Abou Diaby will put up a stinker next time out."

did I hear Obertan and best player? - that happening is very worrying :P

wish Fergie would stick to 4-4-2 a bit, these new formations he is using is not getting the best out of the players, lucky we got van Persie to carry us then ;).

I would find it funny if Liverpool were relegated, full stop, dont care who does it.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
They'd rather be surprised after expecting the worst and being pessimistic than be optimistic and be disappointed.It's what I did during the CL campaign last season :P

Arsenal fans wondering who is going to carry them is fair enough, but those clean sheets? they should be Optmistic about finishing in the top 6.

Lol?

Have you not been watching the matches? Hardly any club looks good except for City. Now Arsenal.

Chelsea are looking shit at the back and center mid, Man Utd just beat the 20th place club in stoppage time after being down 2-1, confidence must be through the roof /onemanteam, Newcastle are definitely not what they were last year, Liverpool are, and Spurs are still working out kinks and not looking good at all.

Who's going to be these top 6 clubs? West Brom? Swansea? West Ham?

Maybe if you just continue to attempt to belittle us, you'll feel better. Go on.

and Man city did the exact same United did against the same club but at home.
how do they look good?
how is it belittling you to say Arsenal will finish top 6?

Gerrard is lost. He doesn't know what he is doing. He seems lost in the new system. Suarez seems to be having trouble with touches as well.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Shit at the back and center mid? That was only vs Athletico madrid(who we completely underestimated).Our league form has been superb with two clean sheets and 3 wins in 3 games.And I think you forgot to check who's at the top as of now gooner and,yeah,even though we don't have a game in hand anymore still two points above the Swansea.Everyone knows that the top 3 is going to be comprised of Man C/United/Chelsea(in whatever order they finish) and Arsenal will barely finish fourth.

I know what's going on! I've been jinxing Vidic, Rooney and Bale but forgot completely about Chelsea! Will buy Hazard asap in fantasy footy now :P

That's why they call you No Luck Involved! Anyways, my Fantasy Football team's been doing pretty poor this week. Cazorla, Yaya Toure and Di Santo have got me good amount of points, but Reina got me -1, Arteta, Hazard and Torres got me nothing (not sure why Arteta, but not getting any points from Hazard or Torres is pretty obvious).Colloccini, Mertesacker, Kompany and Sterling did average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)