2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla, Walcott, Gervinho, Podolski.

I think this all but confirms Song is outta here. Plenty of pace in the front line, but any lineup with Diaby makes me sick. I'd bet my entire wallet that he goes off within 30 mins and misses the rest of the season.

At least we aren't as short on bodies as we were this time last year.

BPL Player of the Season: Aguero
Golden Boot Winner: RVP
Golden Glove Winner: Hart
Coach of the Year: Wenger
Home Kit of the Year: Man City
Breakout Player of the Year: Downing
Newcomer of the Year: Podolski

Todays Predictions-

Liverpool VS West Brom - 1-1
Arsenal VS Sunderland- 2-0

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Santa Cazorla is so excellent, and Diaby is even making forward passes. If we could only score everything would be perfect.

BPL Player of the Season: Aguero
Golden Boot Winner: Aguero
Golden Glove Winner: Hart
Coach of the Year: Wenger (if we make the champions league again and win the fa cup/carling cup/please god lets get some silverware)
Breakout Player of the Year: tough call here, Ramires maybe
Newcomer of the Year: Cazorla

HALF-TIME

Arsenal-Sunderland 0-0
Fulham - Norwich 2-0 ('26 Duff 1-0, '41 Petric 2-0)
QPR - Swansea 0-1 ('8 Michu)
Reading - Stoke 0-1 ('34 Kightly)
West Brom - Liverpool 1-0 ('43 Gera)
West Ham - Aston Villa 1-0 ('40 Nolan)

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
With the English Premier League kick off fast approaching, along with other european leagues it's a perfect time to get started on the new thread for the season!

Season Kick-Offs:

English Premier League: Saturday August 18th
Spanish La Liga: Saturday August 18th
German Bundesliga: Friday August 24th
French Ligue 1: Friday August 17th
Italian Serie A: Saturday August 25th
Dutch Eredivisie: Saturday August 18th

Be sure to check out the #Soccer channel on the SynIrc server to chat more personally about the beautiful game with other users!

If you want to join the Smogon Fantasy Football league at: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ the league code is 37469-43003
What about the Belgian Jupiler league ? It's as good as the Holland's one. é,è

Hopefully!

Toon kick off in an hour or so:

-----------Krul-------------
Simpson Perch S.Taylor Santon
-----------Tiote -----------
Cabaye---------------Jonas
----------Ben Arfa----------
------Cisse--------Ba-------

Big Colo out with suspected thigh injury :(

God, we are so terrible. Our defence is very poor and midfield lacking imagination. Was worried before start of season, this only compounds it.

Cazorla looks quite the player, will be running the show for Arsenal this year. They lacked a real cutting edge, but Podolski seems to still be lacking fitness and Giroud will need a bit of time to adapt as well. Gervinho was also lively, be nice if he can get some confidence and keep up some good form for the season. Think Arsenal will finish top 4, but don't see how they can compete with either Manchester club anytime soon..

QPR with a second straight 5-0 loss to start the season, not sure what to say about that..

Norwich's loss is worrying, I liked them last year but without Lambert I really don't know how they'll cope. Definitely see them in the relegation battle this year.

haha liverpool

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think I might be a Liverpool fan...how else would I explain the joy and fits of laughter I experience everytime I watch them play?

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BPL Player of the Season: Yaya Toure
Golden Boot Winner: Fernando Torres
Golden Glove winner: Joe Hart
Coach of the Year: Di Matteo
Home Kit of the Year: Chelsea
Breakout Player of the Year: Ramires
Newcomer of the Year: Eden Hazard

Pulling for Chelsea, excited to see Oscar as a Blue

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Holy shit Swansea, what a sick start, Dyer is definitely an absolute beast and what a fantastic way for Michu to start the season.

Liverpool - ROFL. Not much else to say, sadly had Agger on my team tho :'(

My thoughts on each game.

Arsenal vs Sunderland - Arsenal will be disappointed whilst Sunderland will go away happy having managed to get a point at the Emirates. Arsenal were extremely wasteful with 10 shots off-target and fans I'd imagine will ask "What if Van Persie was there?"

Fulham vs Norwich - Commanding win for Fulham, Petric has started his account for them already which is certainly positive. Some serious questions will start to asked if Norwich get a performance like this from another mid-table team.

Swansea vs QPR - 3 of those goals came from new signings so Laudrup has being doing some positive work in the transfers department. QPR would've lessened the margin if they had subbed on the epicness of Ryan Nelsen.

Reading vs Stoke - Both teams are somewhere between mid-table obscurity to relegation battlers to they'll be quite happy to take a point to start the season.

West Brom vs Liverpool - Liverpool must be cursed. Great win for West Brom though and good to see Lukaku scoring.

West Ham vs Aston Villa - Kevin Nolan scored blah blah blah, WINSTON REID STARTED AND PLAYED WELLLLLLLL. The epic New Zealander was epic on defence and because he's a defender that's what he needs to epic at. Holman and El Ahmadi had decent debuts for Villa considering they lost.

Newcastle vs Tottenham - Jermaine Defoe seems to be revived for Tottenham, not enough for a solid Newcastle display though. It was obviously a penalty imo and I reckon that's quite disappointing for AVB has his side played solid enough but that kinda ruined it for him. Also, lol at Pardew's red card. He's usually so composed but did he shove the assistant ref or something? Either way it's always funny when managers get a red card.

EDIT:

Holy shit Swansea, what a sick start, Dyer is definitely an absolute beast and what a fantastic way for Michu to start the season.

Liverpool - ROFL. Not much else to say, sadly had Agger on my team tho :'(
I have 2 Liverpool players on my team :'( Larsson had a good game vs Arsenal though and I still have Yaya and Aguero in the wings along with Ivanovic so I'm reasonably confident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)