2011 Trick Room Synergy

I made a team based on a Samurott me and DeagleBeagle made. I wanted either Jellicent or Musharna as a lead. I went with Musharna, but now I`m using Jellicent. I decided on some synergetic pokemon that work in Trick Room, and I had my team.

Jellicent (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Water Absorb/Sassy
252 HP, 52 Def, 204 SDef
-Trick Room
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Safegaurd
Jellicent can take almost any hit and get up TR. That is why this thing is MVP. It has taken an Electric Jewel Thundarus Thundebolt with 35 HP to spare. I use Sitrus Berry because Taunt is not common and easily predictable. Water Spout and Ice Beam are to deal decent damage. Safegaurd is to counter lead Amoonguss` Spore.

Samurott (M) @ Water Jewel
Torrent/Quiet
252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 SDef
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Detect
Samurott is for its Surf. It can OHKO most pokemon without a Torrent boost. It is perfect on this team beause it can heal Jellicent while dealing good damage. Ice Beam is for grass, genies, and dragons. Grass Knot for Jellicent. Detect helps in the lead slot.

Conkelldur (M) @ Flame Orb
Guts/Brave
176 HP, 252 Att, 80 SDef
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide
-Mach Punch
-Protect
The EVs allow it to survive special attacks more often. Drain Punch is for inside TR, Mach Punch for outside. Rock Slide is for the rest of the metagame. This thing KOs most pokemon with Drain Punch, while healing most of its health.

Druddigon (F) @ Life Orb
Sheer Force/Brave
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
-Dragon Claw
-Sucker Punch
-Rock Slide
-Protect
Druddigon is my Psychic and Ghost counter. Sucker Punch is good for outside TR. Rock Slide is great, with its ability and Life Orb doing great damage. Dragon Claw is for doing lots of damage when I need a KO.

/Talon\, I believe your thread will be locked if you don't add longer descriptions. I'm sorta breaking the rules, as it says not to post in threads like the above.

Sorry, but when I made the post, it made me limit my letters and characters. I`ll try to increase the description, maybe getting rid of the first pictures and the intro.

might sound stupid, but it gets killed by any form of anti-trick room, something any good trick room team shouldn't do

consider a second trick roomer like reniclus or cofagrigus

Not sure how Anti-Trick Room beats me, as all I can think of that might beat me is either Taunt, Imprison, and FakeOut. However, the main Imprison user is Chandalure, which I can pretty easily handle. Taunt is easy, as I have Mental Herb, and normally a Fake Out comes at Samurott. By the way, been play testng Burenguru, and my team has lost about 1-25, and the majority of those matches my leads don`t die.

Not sure how Anti-Trick Room beats me, as all I can think of that might beat me is either Taunt, Imprison, and FakeOut. However, the main Imprison user is Chandalure, which I can pretty easily handle. Taunt is easy, as I have Mental Herb, and normally a Fake Out comes at Samurott. By the way, been play testng Burenguru, and my team has lost about 1-25, and the majority of those matches my leads don`t die.
Anti-TR sucks other than Imprison TR which fails against Daikenki Mushaana and even then Imprison TR is not too useful so don't worry about it. Fake Out just stalls and I don't see what they can do in that turn to stop you from getting TR up T2 and I think they'd get hurt a lot more from Daikenki then they'd like. However there are a lot of other ways to stop TR from getting up.

Also the record you have doesn't make much of a difference, most of the time it just means you are better than them (the majority) no matter what server you are on, unless there is a significant difference.

I beat this team using a marakkachi

Taunt is still rampant and is very (very) common due to there being many (many) Trick Room users such as yourself (yourself).

Kojondo/Erufuun seems like it would get the drop on your team immediately.

Unreality- When did you win with Maractus? I don`t think you`ve played my Burenguru team. Anyways, when I see a Taunt I don`t do something dumb and TR, I attack. Even when I get taunted, I can usually KO the leads by the second turn.
TheCakeIsFact- How is this unoriginal, me and DeagleBeagle made it? Also, how does Fast Room beat this if it can`t kill my TR user in one hit?
Human- You know I battle on Skarmbliss server. I generally try to battle the best, not random little lurkers.

Taunt is a threat to your team, even though it is a minor threat. Many people use more common TR set-ups like Cofagrigus and Musharna. People will probably think you'll Surf+Spout spam with water absorb.

I will admit, without Mental Herb Trick Room`s ability to always get TR up is lowered. But this being VGC 2011, Taunt isn`t too common and surviving double-targetting by super effective is nice with Sitrus Berry. And look at VGC 2010. Bluecookies won it all against some great teams, and I`m sure he got Taunted. Even if you do get Taunted, your team needs to be able to strike until Taunt wears out. With Surf, Sitrus, and ourageous bulk, Jellicent will likely get TR up and win the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)