2011 Music

kol is *maybe* on par with amnesiac. really an average album at best. will give it another try on actual speakers, but i don't anticipate a huge improvement, honestly.

and van der graaf generator still exists? dear lord, i'm apprehensive about releases from most any '70s prog band past 1985 or so. Rush and Yes also claim to be putting out new material, rather skeptical about those, too!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
changed my mind king of limbs actually

im on 20+ spins and i have to say its quite excellent.

by no means is it radioheads best effort, and probably not even as good as in rainbows, but it is still damn good in its own right.

better than amnesiac, httt

my radiohead ranking:

Kid A
OK Computer
In Rainbows
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

a good addition to their excellent discography

i wouldnt be surprised to see alot of people eating their words about king of limbs, it's definitely a grower.

i wouldnt be surprised to see alot of people eating their words about king of limbs, it's definitely a grower.
it really, really is - i'm only on my fourth listen and i can tell it's definitely up there in the ranking for me, a little bit behind hail to the thief (and i got that shit tattooed on me)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It has warmed on me a little, but it still feels to me like an album made just because it seemed like a long time since they released the last one. My week isnt up yet, so I am going to give it a little longer.

It has a weird Americana feel to it. Kinda REMish?

[edit]-
Nice.

Have a nice day.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

by no means is it radioheads best effort, and probably not even as good as in rainbows, but it is still damn good in its own right.

for sure

xenu

Banned deucer.
especially pumped for new cynic and soundgarden albums, and the possibility of a new tool/apc album.

my amazon order for jamie xx's we're new here which i was pretty excited about arrived today, and im enjoying it a whole lot right now. not quite everything id hoped after "ny is killing me" dropped, but its worming its way into my brain atm so ill see how i feel in a couple of days. i'll say one thing though, ny is killing me is without a doubt one of my favourite tracks of the year and theres a handful of moments on here that reach that same level. theyre pretty mind blowing.

one of the better electronic releases i've heard lately for sure, and i recommend everyone check it out for the opening track "im new here", "running", and the track i mentioned earlier. the extended piano intro to that thing just makes it even better in the context of the album, so fucking haunting. and the way "running" cuts out halfway and drops off to just gils voice, then comes rushing back in with this 8-bit synth and a huge beat is just amazing.

i should go on vacation more often, i come home to news of new dredg in may, a dropkick murphys single and news that the new mars volta album is complete!
tkol is growing on me a bit i guess, but it's still not that great (still outranks Kid A for me, though)

Lotus Flower might be a top 5 radiohead song.. its just that amazing

I have soon finished listening to everything Boris-related (223 songs, 1,2 days) and they are just a great band. I am officially excited about the five or so albums that they are going to release this year. I can't be the only one.

Lotus Flower might be a top 5 radiohead song.. its just that amazing

I have soon finished listening to everything Boris-related (223 songs, 1,2 days) and they are just a great band. I am officially excited about the five or so albums that they are going to release this year. I can't be the only one.
I agree, I love Lotus Flower! Scatterbrain was also a good one.

excuse me.

equal to or better than amnesiac, far from httt
i will agree that it is a grower, significantly better even the second time around

Hell yeah, two songs from Turisas's new album have surfaced on youtube. Both are awesome, very yes buying it on March 8th. Looking forward to the rest of the songs being uploaded there by the europeople tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)