2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned Chelsea have no decent striker really. Sturridge must be one of the most overrated players around, he's like Walcott with a few more tricks but absolutely nothing resembling tactical discipline. Selfish almost to Robben levels too.

Wish arsenal.com would hurry up and confirm Cazorla so that my F5 key won't have to suffer a grisly demise.

As far as I'm concerned Chelsea have no decent striker really. Sturridge must be one of the most overrated players around, he's like Walcott with a few more tricks but absolutely nothing resembling tactical discipline. Selfish almost to Robben levels too.

Wish arsenal.com would hurry up and confirm Cazorla so that my F5 key won't have to suffer a grisly demise.
We're waiting for Malaga to sign the papers. Won't be till next week so.. take a few days off.

Ramsey better not do a Gervinho.

Thankfully he seems to have more balls than Forehead, and won't be burdened with a starting spot.

Finally we got Cazorla. Fun fact: Giroud, Podolski, and Cazorla cost just as much for Arsenal as Andy Carroll did for Liverpool.

what's this shit about Sinclair signing for City? Also I'm really warming to Laudrup - you can have Allen if you pay 15+ mill for him with my thanks <3

(edit: oh yeah and fucking hell arsenal are a BEAST this season)

jesus now if rvp ends up staying arsenal go from looking like they might fall apart at the beginning of the summer to having one of the best/deepest teams they've had in years

szczesny; gibbs, kosc, verm, sagna; arteta/wilshere, song, cazorla; podolski, RVP, walcott/ox.

honestly looks like one of the best starting 11s in the league. with giroud, gervinho, ramsey, diaby, coquelin etc on the bench they have some quality back ups as well. the only problem (which undoubtedly will be the reason they finish 4th instead of contesting the title) is lack of depth in defense. seems like it happens every single year and the fact of the matter is having to rely on young players like jenkinson and miquel or shit players like djourou and mertesacker (although i do think he might come good) for extended parts of the season when the inevitable injury crisis hits is never going to work.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ligue 1 players have typically flourished in the transition to England, moreso than players from any other league so I wouldn't worry about Giroud too much.

I have doubts about Cazorla, usually only great at half seasons at a time. Giroud will be fine aren't Arsenal meant to be getting Sahin on loan from Madrid? Great signing if they can fit everyone in midfield and he stays injury free.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Funner fact: Carroll cost more than our entire first team combined and we still finished 13pts above them.

Bolt would probably end up like Cameron Jerome on FIFA. Insane physical stats, not so much on the technical side though.

But damn, I'm almost at the point where I'd rather sell RVP and use the cash to rebuild the squad in other needy areas, namely left back and the wings. Especially considering we've already bought 2 capable replacements.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Bolt would probably end up like Cameron Jerome on FIFA. Insane physical stats, not so much on the technical side though.

But damn, I'm almost at the point where I'd rather sell RVP and use the cash to rebuild the squad in other needy areas, namely left back and the wings. Especially considering we've already bought 2 capable replacements.
Jerome is an absolute machine and if Bolt was like him then he would also be insane.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
"lol fifa", so sad

anyways in other news, Lucas signs for dundundudndundudn PSG for 35 million. Set to join in January. PSG look slightly too insane now, if only they could get better defense.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Please tell me you mean 35 million in some foreign, less valuable currency because £35m or even € is ridiculous for some unproven 19 year old and I weep for the future of this game

Lee

@ Thick Club
Yeah but it inflates the price for the rest of the market. We already have a culture in England where young English players cost 3-4 times more than their actually worth because of reckless spending (thanks btw Liverpool) and it seems as though it's happening with the Brazilians now too.

its nothing to do with liverpool, its to do with clubs with far too much money, taking transfers to insane levels.
no one should be spending 35m on 19 year olds... unless you are arsene wenger and they play in league 1 :P
PSG gonna get eaten by FFP hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)