2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
sources indicating that the Mathieu Debuchy deal is a certainty. seems like he'll be a good signing and i'm sure he'll settle in quickly alongside our french contingent.

Must be a ploy to make strikers laugh their asses off and miss when going 1v1 against Chesney.

Speaking of kits, I just got the home kit today, dunno why but feels weird to have the Dutch/French(first time i saw it I was looking sideways so it kinda stuck) flag on both arms.

Speaking of kits, I just got the home kit today, dunno why but feels weird to have the Dutch/French(first time i saw it I was looking sideways so it kinda stuck) flag on both arms.
Last ditch effort to convince Van Persie to stay.

Am I the only one that thinks QPR can do better then last year this year? If Park-Ji Sung (inb4 captaincy), Joey Barton (despite being suspended for the first 12 games and loan speculation), Bobby Zamora, Djibril Cissé, Shaun Wright-Phillips find their best, you never know.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Since when does The Human Torch play football?

^Also,good job signing Borini.Always wanted to see him play in the first team before he got sold.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
A few news items that sparked my interest:
  • Rumours of Capello being named Russia's new manager.
  • "Fulham hope to use Liverpool's interest in Clint Dempsey to drive an audacious swap deal for Andy Carroll, which would feature a cash adjustment, as they also completed the free transfer of Hugo Rodallega from Wigan Athletic."
  • Portsmouth get another 10 point deduction.
Thoughts on these? I actually have a feeling Rodallega is a snatch, and he's going to prove useful to Fulham.

Reading snapped him up because Fulham were dumb enough to not reach terms on a new contract. Surely if Reading can afford him so could Fulham.

Oh wow, didn't hear about that, that's a pretty good transfer! Also reading got new owners from Russia last season so that could be why they could afford him and fulham couldn't

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...b_ref=LikeButtonBottom&fb_source=home_oneline

bullying is bad!

but still...lol

Newcastle employment tribunal heard that it was 'quite normal' in the North East for anyone who does not like football to be considered gay.

Mr Austin was asked whether he liked football. When he said he was not interested in it he was told 'you’re gay then'. Mr Laidlaw and Mr Kozlowski also told him he was 'not a real man'.
The tribunal panel noted: 'Both Mr Laidlaw and Mr Kozlowski, in their evidence, say that such an expression is quite normal in north east England football circles, in that anybody who does not like football must accordingly be homosexual.'

Funny how here in the States you are considered gay for liking football (or soccer as everyone calls it to my displeasure).

When he was seriously ill with swine flu, his boss Ian Laidlaw texted him saying: ‘Oink oink, lol’.
Wow that's just messed up.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
American football is a joke of a sport.No idea why they even call it football.If anyone's gay,it's them.

Yeah now go say that in their thread.

Carroll back at the toon for a loan spell with possible buy-at-end-of-season-deal???? yes plz

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Didn't the terms of Rodger's contract include an agreement not to buy any Swansea players this season?

As an arsenal fan.. im jealous and about to be more jealous about all the signings going on in the league with the top teams.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
As an arsenal fan.. im jealous and about to be more jealous about all the signings going on in the league with the top teams.
You got Podolski / Giroud and could get more great talent like M'Vila and company (whatever happened to them). Id say Arsenal is doing pretty nicely.

Dempsey signed for Liverpool now apparently, for 10m.

Also:

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Spurs will only be able to fund a move for Hulk if they sell Modric.

Also Adebayor's permanent move to Spurs is looking less likely, due to his wage demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)