2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not a qpr fan but I actually think that that's a pretty big signing. I really rate Park Ji Sung, he has an incredible workrate and I don't remember seeing him underperform ever? I mean it's possible he has done and I just forgot but as far as i'm concerned he's great, and if he does well he's going to be a bit of a steal for £5m

QPR should get a goal against arsenal now ;)
Park was sad to leave, he wouldn't have gone to QPR if it wasn't for what they had planned for the future

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
^That guy is right, great news for QPR and also the player himself as now he will be getting regular first team football. Concerning Chelsea. No they don't want Ibrahimovic. CaughtOffside don't have genuine rumours they either share what everybody already knows or Make it up themselves. Nothing new for Liverpool really, unless you consider the well-known interest in Borini new.
Liverpool is about to sign Dempsey I heard.

Just some news from Brazil you guys could be interested. Seedorf was signed by Botafogo, whilst Diego Forlan to Internacional.

Pretty impressive as five years ago this would be impossible to be done by Brazilian teams.

we can't sign joe allen anyway, due to the 1 year embargo on signing swansea players,
I like the direction we are going now, with the probably signing of borini, rodgers seems to know his stuff when it comes to finding younger cheaper talent, and he's already shown he's above throwing as much money as he can at players to get them to sign (sigurdsson) so hopefully we will be moving away from expensive flops like downing and co.

we need better backup for lucas, we found out last season that without him our team goes to shit, and spearing/henderson/shelvey really aren't capable of taking on that same role that masch/alonso did before him

defence i think is OK atm, imo people like coates/wilson need to get played more, or go out on loan for a seaon to a low table club to get experience, cause they are great prospects being wasted away on the bench, we are pretty solid in fullbacks, with kelly/johnson and enrique (johnson and agger covering left too) we could maybe do with better insurance for enrique but we have people like jack robinson to fill in anyway

midfield, imo we could do with a decent holding midfielder, and two good wingers, left/right. get rid of downing and free up some funds, cause he's contributed nothing this season, someone who can do a similar role to bellamy would be good, since his impact has been huge.

the last thing we need is a real poacher, an old school michael owen type player who can just sit in the box and smash in whatever comes to him, or someone who can let suarez take up that role like he did for ajax, our lack of goalscoring has hurt us, and cost us massively, but i think if it's addressed, we can probably start climbing back up the table

i hope daily mail isn't lying. i still think we should get another striker, like lewandowski or cavani...
Isn't Hulk being chased by you guys? He has a bloody great highlights reel, so I think that would be a good signing.

Arsenal and RVP really need to hurry up and sell RVP so it free's up salary cap space so Wegner can sign replacements. He won't need more strikers, he already has Podolski and Giroud (one of them will benchwarm, imo) at his disposal, so why not upgrade their midfield or defence?

speaking about brazilian football, Oscar is apparently going to Chelsea. that's an incredible signing for us, this fella is as good as, say, Wilshere, and is pretty young as well. i hope daily mail isn't lying. i still think we should get another striker, like lewandowski or cavani...
If Oscar went to Chelsea, Chelsea would be signing a fantastic attacking midfielder, IMO better than Ganso. Extremely versatile player with a lot of future!

If Oscar went to Chelsea, Chelsea would be signing a fantastic attacking midfielder, IMO better than Ganso. Extremely versatile player with a lot of future!
yeah, i watched this dude on the u20 games and in the recent friendlies brazil played, and he rules!

also arsenal should sell rvp to juve

Tevez to Milan? Being a Man City fan (even when they were in the Championship) I think that wouldn't be ideal, but with Dzeko, Aguero and Balotelli there, there isn't really room for another world class striker. When came back, it seemed like City fans had forgotten what happened. Supporters are biased.

EDIT: Also, with RVP, 5 world class strikers is the best of selection headaches.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
speaking about brazilian football, Oscar is apparently going to Chelsea. that's an incredible signing for us, this fella is as good as, say, Wilshere, and is pretty young as well. i hope daily mail isn't lying. i still think we should get another striker, like lewandowski or cavani...
Yeah,I've seen him play in a few friendlies and he's pretty good.This guy and Piazon are the future of this club.Mail is probably right as Goal's saying the same thing.He definitely won't get to play a lot if and when the deal does go through with Hazard and Ramires around(but he doesn't play on the wing right? not sure).I really think we should buy another striker before the season begins;I don't really feel comfortable beginning the season with Torres as our only option.Either that or Di Matteo should really try to play Sturridge as a CF,I mean he's really good at that on fifa.

So PSG have spent even more to try and buy both the Champion's League and their league, a bid of 51m for Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva accepted, to go alongside the fortune they spent on Lavezzi already.

what? galliani rejected the thiago silva bid afaik

EDIT: oh i see
weird ass move... they rejected the 46 million thiago silva bid, but are accepting the 61 million thiago silva + ibra bid? so is ibra rated at way less than 19m? lol
in any case, we should buy dede (who will be even better than t.silva in a couple of years) for 15m, a very very very good striker and a good trequartista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)