2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Gonna stop hyping Germany now? Can't win a tournament with no defense, I saw this coming as soon as they conceded two to Greece...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hummels is arguably one of the best defenders in Europe, but he cant do everything by himself, Badstuber doesnt perform up to Semifinals standards really.

Everyone makin fun of me back then for saying Italy would go far. I told ya so!

Kroos, Gomez, and Podolski aren't doing much. Gomez in particular. He's too static to help break the Italian bus.

Klose is the complete opposite, they need him now. One of Reus or Schurrle also to inject some directness.

Heh, Germany better put a 2nd striker up top. They have plenty of possession but nobody to put it home. The curse appears intact.

That second goal, man what a screamer. Great technique.

Oh, what's that? Oh it's just Italy on their way to the final.

I fucking told you so, I told everyone of you. What a great game for Italy, this is by far the best Italy I have seen in years. Balotelli is jus a beast. That second goal was a gift from god, it was just beautiful.

I got to say ,though I wonder why Muller didn't get in sooner. Muller would have atleast scored, or help score. Muller was brought in late, and that's just a factor that made Germany lose.

With this win I got to say L'Italia per vincere tutto!!!! Spain doesn't have a chance

To restate Bild's headline when Germany drew 1-1 with Italy in a friendly last year: "Jogi, why can't we beat the Italians?"

And like I said earlier, I hope to never see Podolski out wide for Arsenal unless it's an emergency. No actually, just make sure Walcott isn't on the other side. 2 sprinters with little dribbling ability or invention, just pace and a good finish.

Schweinsteiger's had a poor tourney as well, although he was half fit for much of it so it's hard to blame him I guess.

germany :( my favourite team to root for when we're out...great team, great sports, great coach, great play. same goes for italy though, more than deserved.

anyone who thought this would be easy for germany was obviously dumb but the one thing that makes me cringe more than underestimating opponents is people going TOLD YOU SO

Man, Italy vs. Spain has to be going on during Anime Expo! Hope I can somehow find a way to watch at least some of it while I'm there.

I was really distracted at work watching today's game rofl.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stallion said:
Personally I'm predicting an Italy/Spain rematch as the final, we'll see who ends up right haha.
Man I'm the best. I assume reyscarface predicted this too so if that's the case, then we are both the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)