Tournament 1v1PL VII - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 36]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Another day, another systematic nightmare
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Commencement<<
>>
Replays and Usage<<

vs

Big Baller Barraskewdas (5) vs (3) RPS Rhyperiors
SV 1v1 Bo7: eblurb vs Lumii
SV 1v1: Squirtell 1v1 vs Career Ended
SV 1v1: Leru vs Bernian
SS 1v1 Bo7: Potatochan vs Murman
SS 1v1: Nick vs Blurmpt
SM 1v1: maki vs Elo Bandit
ORAS 1v1: Santu vs Urfgurgle
BW 1v1: Taka vs Itchy
Monopoke: The Strap vs Elo Bandit

vs

Playful Panchams (4) vs (4) Metro Boomin' Megarays
SV 1v1 Bo7: Justdelemon vs Akuu
SV 1v1: plunder vs Slip
SV 1v1: Kaif vs gorilaa
SS 1v1 Bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes
SS 1v1: Mishlef vs Lialiabeast
SM 1v1: queso vs Euphonos
ORAS 1v1: Inkreativ vs LittEleven
BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine
Monopoke: The2009Zapdos vs Aqua Jet

1692588456380.png

Big Baller Barraskewdas (0) vs (0) RPS Rhyperiors

Playful Panchams (0) vs (0) Metro Boomin' Megarays

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 27th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

bern

professional 1v1 fraud
is a Social Media Contributor
good job to everyone so far, you guys are awesome and really earned your wins, good luck on this week!
anyway onto the predicts

SV 1v1 Bo7: Justdelemon vs Akuu (both players have learned from their previous game, delemon just builds better so picking him)
SV 1v1: plunder vs Slip (delemon support vs deg support, delemon is really good at making your previews miserable so plunder probably takes the w)
SV 1v1: Kaif vs gorilaa (kaif gets outclicked sorry)
SS 1v1 Bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes (this is the highlight match like actually)
SS 1v1: Mishlef vs Lialiabeast (i believe lialia can fly up in the sky)
SM 1v1: queso vs Euphonos (better building)
ORAS 1v1: Inkreativ vs LittEleven (won against litt before, has a really good season, good building, a lot)
BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine (last week was pretty close, i think palestine can clutch a win this time)

Monopoke: The2009Zapdos vs Aqua Jet (zapdos has been unbeatable ever since he got a shout-out from false swipe gaming like a month ago)

panchams win in tiebreakers probably

also
bea i thought we were cool :(

Last edited:

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
the most scuffed piratepad predicts + micro eulogies from gang ft lonzo not understanding the greater than sign (i learned this 2nd grade btw) (also deleted the entire piratepad)

HEATRANS

Expectations: worst pl team ever???
Reality: worst pl team ever, with a random ass swag god 5-0
THANKS FOR DONATING A WIN TO KAIF SWORD HE DESPERATELY NEEDED IT

HORRORS

Expectations: 200> lines per week 7 seed
Reality: this but with vertigo wembanyama breakout tour POGGERS!! and also crow crumbs got more than 2 wins

DRAGAPULTS:

Expectations: triple sm player backpack
Reality: david nadal mald fiesta with playoffs in sight but like 3 huge week leads choked + david maldpost RIP denis sadge

THWACKEYS

Expectations: a team with weird slotting and a bunch of random "players", if some of the cheap players popped off and people hitting their stride a solid 3rd seed ceiling, if not a bottom 3 seed
Reality: managers who went 6-8 + 4 cheap players who all played substantial games with none going positive.

Big Baller Barraskewdas (5) vs (3) RPS Rhyperiors - it seems there was an unfortunate murmiscarriage, and the top 1v1 dawg has been benched for blurmpt, bernian and career ended >.>
SV 1v1 Bo7: eblurb vs Lumii - two insanely fake mainers who escaped the bw sewers to hop on the sv bandwagon. im not sure why this is neccessary, as both tiers are relatively easy wins, but lumi has been chosen by god to save 1v1 if that wasn't already evident
SV 1v1: Squirtell 1v1 vs Career Ended - "how do you say something about 2 people who dont talk" - lost to spo.ink nickname (also mfs were beefing on the piratepad below this predict im weak)
u dont want the smoke rellia
SV 1v1: Leru vs Bernian - i expect gronky to use 16x as much timer as his opponent and win in 4.
SS 1v1 Bo7: Potatochan vs Close - ojacob simpson: widely regarded as a trustworthy and likeable guy (terrible as fuck at 1v1) until he kills his wife (wins a 1v1pl playoffs game)
SS 1v1: Nick vs Blurmpt - so anyway zoomer slayer lemonblurmpt slays nick.succulent in 5
"bro im literally playing 20 hours of league tmrw
today was rest day
im playing 2v2s on na"
-anonymous league player and self proclaimed "pl goat"
ORAS 1v1: Santu vs Urfgurgle - one oras win vs whatever the fuck the thwackeys dumpster fire was will not convince me urfgoogle will do anything impactful here
BW 1v1: Taka vs Itchy - picture this, masayoshi takanaka having a miracle regular season then getting BTFOED by bw queen witchy in playoffs to make grucify actually break down crying.
Monopoke: The Strap vs Elo Bandit - mfw neet ass watches and types in every game Rellia cant even be arsed to do monopoke. the support of monomurmdawg will push bandit over the edge (he will post his monopoke win in place of his real win)

Playful Panchams (5) vs (3) Metro Boomin' Megarays - who will win after the 7-1?
SV 1v1 Bo7: Justdelemon vs Akuu - after delemon pickpocketed game 7 last week akuu gobert's soul was crushed and traded to the timberwolves. he now has to spend all of eternity losing the play-in game. #Rip
SV 1v1: plunder vs Slip -

SV 1v1: Kaif vs gorilaa - kaif will fucking fold. he has looked horrible at the end of his series and therefore will not win #gongbong
SS 1v1 Bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes if glitchs ability to build dont got him his ungodly luck will
dissenting opinion: can someone explain what this mindgenius tech does better than icy wind encore ? https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1926631943 No gg
SS 1v1: Mishlef vs Lialiabeast circus maximus is just diet d2 (and lets be real d2 is diet d2 nowadays) and lialiabeast seems to have a handle on beating ss 1v1 garden gnomes.
SM 1v1: queso vs Euphonos - last week euphonos hit a huge g5 victory to cut the lead down to 1-7 to save the season. idk i bolded queso after he legiterally smashed tyler bandit and gorilla back 2 back :?
ORAS 1v1: Inkreativ vs LittEleven -

BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine i love palestine and hate french people i laugh when they slip on banana peels i miss you Aliss
Karma for telling palestine he should b bombed^
Monopoke: luser vs Aqua Jet - ec staring down the deep, void-black eyes of the one person more annoying than him

bo_bobson27

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Big Baller Barraskewdas (5) vs (3) RPS Rhyperiors
SV 1v1 Bo7: eblurb vs Lumii will lumii actually build an sv team?
SV 1v1: Squirtell 1v1 vs Career Ended diff
SV 1v1: Leru vs Bernian unbeatable
SS 1v1 Bo7: Potatochan vs Close close decided to wake up
SS 1v1: Nick vs Blurmpt creameater
SM 1v1: maki vs Elo Bandit bandit fumbles
ORAS 1v1: Santu vs Urfgurgle urghurhfle
BW 1v1: Taka vs Itchy surely
Monopoke: The Strap vs Elo Bandit monopoke tour winner

Playful Panchams (3) vs (5) Metro Boomin' Megarays
SV 1v1 Bo7: Justdelemon vs Akuu delemon wins these
SV 1v1: plunder vs Slip iron moth
SV 1v1: Kaif vs gorilaa yea
SS 1v1 Bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes good match
SS 1v1: Mishlef vs Lialiabeast experience
SM 1v1: queso vs Euphonos euphonos is the better player
ORAS 1v1: Inkreativ vs LittEleven idk
BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine say what you will about him, pale has results
Monopoke: luser vs Aqua Jet former compendium owner

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
Normal predictions this time, i'm not in mood to have fun.

Big Baller Barraskewdas (4) vs (4) RPS Rhyperiors
SV 1v1 Bo7: eblurb vs Lumii : i really think eblurb is the kind of guys disturbing lumi prep. Clever building.
SV 1v1: Squirtell 1v1 vs Career Ended : his career never began.
SV 1v1: Leru vs Bernian : Leru is strong af, one of the best clicker + has a team to build for him.
SS 1v1 Bo7: Potatochan vs Close : close winstreak is back. When close is confident, he is one of the best. I think Close is the better player (in peak form)
SS 1v1: Nick vs Blurmpt : Nick is not doing a good pl this year.
SM 1v1: maki vs Elo Bandit : Bandit playstyle is annoying for Maki. Moreover I think bandit is better.
ORAS 1v1: Santu vs Urfgurgle : Better player. Urf came back with two wins in a row, and i think he will finish strong.
BW 1v1: Taka vs Itchy : the eblurb effect strikes again.

Playful Panchams (5) vs (3) Metro Boomin' Megarays
SV 1v1 Bo7: Justdelemon vs Akuu : 7-0 and one of the best sv players, no way aku wins.
SV 1v1: plunder vs Slip : plunder has shown solid skills, definitively the better player.
SV 1v1: Kaif vs gorilaa : idk, Kaif can be good sometimes, but bad too. Gorilaa is more solid i guess.
SS 1v1 Bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes : glitch is better at picking i guess.
SS 1v1: Mishlef vs Lialiabeast : Mishlef has done a very bad pl, but he will bounce back for sure, vs an average player.
SM 1v1: queso vs Euphonos : euphonos better clicker here.
ORAS 1v1: Inkreativ vs LittEleven : Litteleven is catastrophic this pl, while inkreativ still solid, even if his teams are counterable. Better player anyway.
BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine : sorry, i can't go for a guy who harassed my friend cdlc.

Victim of the week

- xsc for being out of poffs for the first time.
- deg for begin out on sunday 27 and hated from glitch.
- maki in monotype : 8-0 and lost final.
- Potatochan : canada is burning, and you pref playing pokemon :(

Baleblaze i hope your going well, see you next year in heatrans for sure.

IMG_4042.jpeg

(ty delemon)
what’s good. welcome to the I love monopoke predicts (now with MORE songs to hurt your eyes) ヽ(〃^▽^〃) !! I’m your host Fancy! let’s get into it!!

IMG_4063.jpeg
(4) vs (3)
IMG_4036.jpeg

benching bea smh, yet bbb will remain unpunished as they will simply rig the election
oops forgot to build
subbing out murm?????
SV 1v1: Leru vs Bernian (goat)
bern is a rare rps free thinker, sadly leru does not care if you go through red lights (free thinking) and will play hard
IMG_4039.png

will be a close set
SS 1v1 Bo7: Potatochan vs Close
pchan has motivation to upload a EPIC win compilation to yt (for all 28 subs) and if he loses
channel obliterated
rematch of the century, except oh wait it was a 3-0 yikers. time to pull out the extra minerals (added for flavor)
idk. not bolding bandit is funnier tho
santu sounds like santa (fat old man) urf can easily beat a fat old man (santu?)
after murming murm was pulled out vs sword all respect was lost for itchy.. folded to the rps brainrot… stay pure Bernian

Playful Panchams (4( vs (3) Metro Boomin' Megarays
SV 1v1 Bo7: delemon vs Akuu
after slip pulled out insane techs such as cm contrary enamorus, camerupt, and pickpocketing band I cannot wait to see more innovation
gorilaa in sv3 surprises me a bit, regardless he will play aggressive and win
glitch only needs a decent amount of sleep (and a ticket to asia) to win this set 3-0
mishlef has located the universe where he beats random, unfortunately he interrupted xsc’s cannon event by being a good person… and as such shall face the consequences (jk lialia still loses)
queso going peperjack mode and making these sets spicy, either side 3-0s
this could be close, but I see litt getting the win in the end
ggs

alr be sure to tag me in 1v1 cord with all your complaints, here at I love monopoke predicts we LISTEN to our readers

k get ready for a week of all time

GET THE W

Attachments

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Monopoke: The2009Zapdos vs Aqua Jet (zapdos has been unbeatable ever since he got a shout-out from false swipe gaming like a month ago)
I have beaten the unbeatable

:Bergmite: :Crocalor: :Magmortar: :Minior:

s/o sevenpoke for cooking Crocalor with me, shame it didn't work

Monopoke Predix

The Strap vs Elo Bandit - If this gets done (which it won't) I trust Elo Bandit to care more

Record
Week 7 - 0/1

Go "team"!

Last edited:
I have beaten the unbeatable

:Bergmite: :Crocalor: :Magmortar: :Minior:

s/o sevenpoke for cooking Crocalor with me, shame it didn't work

Monopoke Predix

The Strap vs Elo Bandit - If this gets done (which it won't) I trust Elo Bandit to care more

Record
Week 7 - 0/1

Go "team"!
GGs man. My record now sits at 10-2 (10-4 unofficially). Not a nice debut for 1v1 but there always next year. Trust and believe I will be much better Aqua Jet

shadowtime2000

Banned deucer.
Big Baller Barraskewdas (4) vs (4) RPS Rhyperiors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)