Tournament 1v1 WC VII Discussion Thread

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Tournament hosted by Arai and Heika
Art by Kiwi, tysm!!

As you may or may not be aware, the first World Cup of 1v1 of the generation is coming up very soon (:D) - signups will be up in the next few days. Feel free to share your thoughts about the tournament here, whether that's PRs, cheering on your team, or sharing tournament memes. A little competitive banter is ok, even encouraged, but make sure to treat others with respect here. With all that said, which team do you think will come out on top? Let's find out together in the next couple months!

Last edited:

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
As agreed among the TDs, the tentative teams competing this year will be the following:
  • US West
  • US South
  • US Central
  • US East + Canada
  • South Europe
  • North Europe
  • Asia + Pacific (or Asia and Oceania as separate teams)
  • India
  • Latin America
  • Brazil
I want to emphasize the fact that these are tentative, we could have more or less depending on signups, and we will monitor them to adjust regions if necessary. If members of a country/region not represented above believe they are able to fill a roster, feel free to reach out to TDs (me, DEG and Arai) to discuss specifics. Good luck to everyone!

Asia vs India is going to be a very intense final. NGL these two regions are so far ahead everyone else, is there even a point in having them playing the group stage?

IMO just do Asia vs India bo7 for gold/silver and the other 8 teams compete in group stage for bronze. TDs make it happen!

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As agreed among the TDs, the tentative teams competing this year will be the following:
  • US West
  • US South
  • US Central
  • US East + Canada
  • South Europe
  • North Europe
  • Asia + Pacific (or Asia and Oceania as separate teams)
  • India
  • Latin America
  • Brazil
I want to emphasize the fact that these are tentative, we could have more or less depending on signups, and we will monitor them to adjust regions if necessary. If members of a country/region not represented above believe they are able to fill a roster, feel free to reach out to TDs (me, DEG and Arai) to discuss specifics. Good luck to everyone!
ftfy

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
after a riveting semifinals appearance earlier in the year (only to be cut short by spain) it is only a canon event that oceania (or APAC) will be winning the inaugural 1v1WCOP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)