Metagame 1v1 OMs

D2TheW

Amadán
Tol told me to submit a sample team, so here it is
https://pokepast.es/a0f8a134a44f1171
Pyroak is just busted so the other two mons combine to deal with everything it can't handle. The smokomodo set is designed to beat specs strategem and pyroak is max defense to give it the best chance at beating band pajantom which is a 3-0 if it's running EQ and brave bird. That mu is pretty dependant on rolls and good sleep turns but since pajantom isn't even on the VR it's an acceptable mu imo.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Submitting this as a sample for CAP 1v1

:plasmanta: :volkraken: :colossoil:
Plasmanta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 80 HP / 188 SpA / 24 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Volkraken @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 88 HP / 236 Def / 140 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Hydro Pump
- Power Gem
- Hyper Beam

Colossoil @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
Plasmanta is in a really good spot right now with things like Volkraken, Caribolt, Kerfuffle, and most importantly Pyroak on top. EVs are for surviving a Modest Choice Scarf Volkraken's Overheat. Volkraken I decided was a good partner on this team due to it semi-covering Plasmanta's weakness to Ground types, and also being a more powerful but slow mon. The EVs on this spread are to tank a Choice Band Giga Impact from Syclant. Colossoil I found to be a good third as this team has trouble with Electric types, opposing Colossoil, and the new Astrolotol. I opted to go for Superpower over another coverage move like Knock Off so I could beat almost all opposing Colossoil.

The Team in Action
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1133410722

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, pleasure to be on the council for CAP 1v1, it's a sick format you should really check it out. The relatively low pool of mons makes balancing a lot more possible and teambuilding a real plus imo!

This is a sample team I've whipped up to highlight Stall Tomohawk, which is in my opinion, a very cool and quite powerful set. Scarf Equilibra and Specs Plasmanta cover a lot of the Tomohawk's weaknesses. The team is, depending on Equilbra's ability, vulnerable to Band or Specs Syclant, and Band Pajantom which isn't ideal, but otherwise it can take on the whole metagame.

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
hey look at this another CAP Update (CAPdate?)
idc if this is basically a quadruple post at this point yall other oms gotta get up off ur asses
firstly, Astrolotl is now legal in the CAP startup tournament! I, for one, welcome my new Fire-Dragon overlord. Astrolotl can run a number of sets, and it looks like a solid addition to the metagame! (also pqs beat me in cap startup cause I didn't know what it did and im kind of salty about that)
Secondly, the official CAP 1v1 Discord is now open to the public! We have cat pictures!
Thirdly, we finally have some sample teams without Caribolt! They also don't all lose to Pyroak now
Last, the CAP 1v1 Council is gonna be taking a look at Pyroak. Its extremely strong wall set combined with Specs is very hard to counter, and we may have to deal with it.
thanks,
the management

Tol

Retirement house
FINAL CAP UPDATE OOO
As of today, I have deleted the post detailing CAP 1v1 in this thread. (Along with four of my hard earned reaction scores.) The reason for this? CAP 1v1 now has its own thread in the CAP forum, which is here. Y’all should like... look at that ig. But wait! There’s more! A CAP 1v1 double elimination tournament is coming soon to a Smogon near you! Thanks to everyone who supported us by playing the meta!

also there’s a slim chance of us getting a ladder yeet

pqs

Banned deucer.
Ok we are fucked

UU 1v1 Ban Changes:

May 2020 Usage Stats: 1v1 Banlist, Primarina, Sylveon, Dragapult, Togekiss, Darmanitan-Galar, Rotom-Heat, Steelix, Snorlax, Crustle, Arcanine, Haxorus, Zeraora, Kommo-o, Dracovish, Aegislash, Rotom-Wash, Sawk, Whimsicott, Corsola-Galar, Corviknight, Celebi, Venusaur, Kyurem, Gardevoir, Hydreigon, Avalugg, Cinderace

June 2020 Usage Stats (Post-DLC 1): 1v1 Banlist, Primarina, Dragapult, Rillaboom, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Sylveon, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Zeraora, Azumarill, Haxorus, Rotom-Heat, Togekiss, Aegislash, Darmanitan-Galar, Marowak-Alola, Urshifu, Arcanine, Volcarona, Dracovish, Gastrodon, Kyurem

A Summary of the Changes:

UU 1v1 Gained:

(we also unbanned all pokemon that we'd quickbanned from UU originally aka Mandibuzz, Snorlax, Aromatisse, and Silvally)

UU 1v1 Lost:

My Personal Thoughts on the Meta:
These were gigantic shifts, I wonder what the meta will look like.

- Already a potent threat in the regular metagame, can wall out almost all physical threats here.
- Fat blob sponge attacks go brr. I feel like it'll just be outclassed by other walls like Corsola-G and Corviknight, but it definitely has potential.
- Another stall Pokemon in the meta. We needed one of those.
- PLEASE STOP
- MDSNOIGJRUOSGHRSOBτο μισώτο μισώ®XNZgdijsjfdDsigjry8w4u3!oir3
- This will definitely be good with all the stall roaming around, plus it was already good in an offensive meta months before.
- This could potentially be another stall Pokemon but it also can be quite a good offensive Pokemon. It may even get banned again.
- Probably won't see as much glory as how it was a couple months ago but still a potent threat nonetheless.
- A really strong hitter and potentially can break through a ton of the meta, looking at the above^^
- Same as above.
- Another great wallbreaker, I can see it using Substitute again to get through Corsola-G and the likes.
- probably won't be good at all but haha libero go brr
- Does its normal Iron Defense + Body Press strategy, but now, with way less Dragon-types and Fairy-types to threaten it! This will be a beast, for sure.
- This might be a really good mon ngl idk
- Really good since Fairies aren't that abundant in the meta. Nasty Plot + Attacks are super powerful and Specs / Scarf are also quite clean.

not saying any of the pokemon i didn't put on here were bad, but just these were the ones i were most excited about (other than the stall >:|)

Everyone:
What are your thoughts on the new UU metagame? Do you think any Pokemon in particular need to be quickbanned or looked at?

btw here's the new code for making a tour
/tour create gen81v1, elim/rr,,, 1v1 UU
/tour rules -Primarina, -Dragapult, -Rillaboom, -Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, -Sylveon, -Magnezone, -Porygon-Z, -Zeraora, -Azumarill, -Haxorus, -Rotom-Heat, -Togekiss, -Aegislash, -Darmanitan-Galar, -Marowak-Alola, -Urshifu, -Arcanine, -Volcarona, -Dracovish, -Gastrodon, -Kyurem

pqs

Banned deucer.
:mew: is banned from natdex 1v1

Position: Ban
Reasoning: was already quite good without it's imprisonform set, but this just puts it over the edge. it can cteam just about anything in the meta with its 3rd and 4th slot and can be put as a 3rd slot on many teams just because of how variable it is. it's also very hard to find a hard counter to mew and there are only limited options to beat it which centralizes the meta around those options. fuck mew

Reasoning: The addition of the Imprison Z-Transform set to the two already viable Mew sets of Mewnium and Kew make it even more difficult to counter all three, and as well as this, Mew can even choose 1/2 specific counters to beat with its Imprison set by picking moves like Dragon Dance, Outrage, Crunch, or others from its amazing movepool. This makes mew incredibly overcentralising and a great mon on many teams, and with few solid counters, I want Mew gone.

Reasoning: This thing can pretty much beat most of the mons in the meta, and the amount of reliable counters it has is very limited. It’s insane movepool allows it to have a ton of sets to have to prep for. I think Mew is too hard to prep for and over centralizing. Ban

Abstain (agreed with Eriey)

Position: Do Not Ban
Reasoning: I don't really care about the technical potential to beat anything, because the actual counters to Mew mostly aren't beaten very consistency by any c team movesets z imprison can come up with. The main issue is just that Kee and Imprison are both good sets, with Mewnium being kind of there (it gets an A for effort). Here's my list of counters https://pokepast.es/5f167ae1dd63b60e. Not counting the ones that lose to Mewnium, we count 19. If you notice, that's basically exactly the same as Dragonite even with the newcomers. Thus, I believe that Mew is merely a top threat that is not worth banning.

Reasoning: ban

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.
The craziest scientists do tests on their own bodies to teach us new things. The Akatsuki had plans to recover all the tailed demons to create the Infinite Lunar Arcana. But now it's time to create one of the biggest 1v1 projects ever. The National Dex 1v1, I believe that everyone has their chance and that everyone has the potential for success so it's time for me to unveil my Ultimate plan to conquer my favorite Metagame : The 1v1.

After 8 months of research, and 3 months of collection, storage and improvement. It's time to introduce you to part 1/8 of the Infinite Arcana of the 1v1 world project I present to you the National Dex 1v1 ! :jynx:

--> https://pokepast.es/bf84eea39e85ca0c | 1 / 8 | Gen 1 = 151 / 151 | Pokédex National 151 / 898 Official + All Regional Form

Now is the time to go to the thank you: Thanks to Nalei ; dogknees♘ ; Potatochan789 ; Waylaid ; CallMeJJok3R♚乂 ; Kaif☆彡Plays ; magicarpe_lvl100 ; Notater/\/\517 ; Maki's Fox ; Swampboatles ; phiwings99 ; smelysocks ; pqs ; lrxc ; Felucia ; Squirtell! ; 5luke ;
Bomb21XD ; Bulk Mcgee ; Poison Adhesive ; Mellow1004 ; Room 1v1

The list of thanks will of course be completed name by name when I remember because there are a lot of contributors but more generally thank you to room 1v1 for helping me in this project.

There is inevitably a lot of joy and emotions because presenting such a project is not nothing and I was afraid of doing wrong to the real creator of sets and that he has the impression that I am stealing their work but on the contrary, my approach is made so that everyone can play their favorite Pokémon, even the least powerful Pokémon. The credit therefore goes not only to me but to all the members who have been able to contribute to the achievements of the biggest 1v1 project and I hope you will be happy with his research and that everyone can have fun and discover the one of the best meta that can exist in my eyes: The 1v1 ! :jynx:

Thanks everyone for reading, I know not everything is perfect but at least I tried to do something for everyone to enjoy and have fun in 1v1, I love you very much all and thank you all again ! :jynx:

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
:kyurem: is banned from Mix and Mega 1v1!
Reasoning: Aggronite + Altarianite pretty much covers the whole meta, with other lure sets to beat its few counters, and you also have to 50/50 it a lot of the time. No thanks
Reasoning: This mon is too much for the tier. With it’s incredible versatility and power you can’t really predict the stone on preview if you don’t know your opponent’s team. It’s main sets such as Aggronite, Altarianite or even Heracronite beat a huge majority of the meta and I don’t think that is healthy.
Reasoning: With it's Aggronite set it beats the majority of the meta, but alongside Altarianite as an option on the same mon it can beat very nearly every single mon usable in this meta. not even mentioning Heracronite which on its own would be A-ish but is unviable because of the incredible opportunity cost of not running by far the best set in the meta
Reasoning : While it does have counters who beats all it's sets, their amount is really small. Aggronite set is incredibly unfun to play against, and it's easy to get lured as kyurem's massive base stats allows it to use almost every possible mega stone decently and threaten roughly 95% of the metagame. To conclude, it's a centralizing mon that is unhealthy to the metagame, so it should be banned.
Reasoning: Kyurem is far too unhealthy for the meta. While considering a ban, we take into account its matchups with the meta - Aggronite alone beats a vast majority of the metagame, and on its own would warrant a suspect. With incredible bulk, offenses, an epic movepool, and Filter at no viability cost, Kyurem tears through pretty much the whole meta. There are practically no viable counters that can defeat Aggronite Kyurem, forcing sets such as Adamant Weavile. Further worsening matters is it's ability to abuse almost any stone - running stones like Glalitite or Heracronite allow Kyurem to defeat even its so-called counters. For all these reasons, and a lack of any guaranteed counters, I vote BAN.
Reasoning: While many sets such as Lucarionite and Diancite are relatively easy to check, what pushes Kyurem over the edge are the stones that allow it to shed its awful ice typing and show how oppressive those base stats are when it isn’t weak to a coverage move from everything. Aggronite + Altarianite together manage to cover almost the entirety of the meta, bar a few things like [idk apparently they exist].
Position: Do Not Ban
Reasoning: Only lost to it once so its probs bad.

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
In another MnM update, Blazikenite has been Unbanned from MnM 1v1 after a few tours for testing. We will keep an eye for any broken users.
Position: Unban (with possible ideas of a suspect later if it seems too broken)
Reasoning: In the limited testing we've had for Blazikenite, it seems good but not too good, so I'd like it unbanned to see more testing and possibly a suspect in the future if it can be abused too much.
Position: Unban
Reasoning: This stone gives a lot of more offensive mons leverage to handle more threats and easily beat the more broken things in the meta example: Ninetales. And some mons don't sound that busted with that stone, if certain mons become broken because of this, sure, we can resuspect it, but for now, the stone seems fine.
Position: Abstain
Reasoning: It seems like it has the potential to be broken, but also can be potentially balanced for the tier. Discussion should definitely be open after this stone is banned or unbanned.
Position : Abstain
Reasoning : We need more time to get a definitive sight of it's whereabouts and whether it is broken or not. So far some mons like Mimikyu look like really strong users, but we can't say anything more at the moment.
Reasoning: Seems broken in theory but if the only mons that can truly benefit from this are mainly Mimikyu and other miche mons potentially. It doesn't seem oppressive enough to warrant a ban, and as other people already stated there's always the possibility to suspect it later
Position: Unban (with a suspect later)
Reasoning: I would like to see how people adapt to Blazikenite, but in my opinion it seems a bit strong. I still think it does need some testing, and then we should come back with a suspect or another vote.
Reasoning: I could honestly see this going either way. It's certainly a very powerful stone, but I doubt I can judge its potential without seeing it in action.
Reasoning: Speed boost is really only broken for sweeping in 6v6, and +40 Atk is nothing crazy especially with no power-boosting ability. Blaziken/Mega-Blaziken were banned from OU but legal and not even close to oppressive in 1v1, likely same thing here.
Reasoning: Like Partman I'd like to see some tours with Blaziken and development on it. I think we should unban it and see how it works and what uses it and eventually come back to a conclusion of whether it should stay banned or not.
If you want to take part in the tours and maybe get to vote on some of the suspects that may or may not come later, join the discord!
In addition to this, a side affect of banning Kyurem means that Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White are also banned, and due to a weird mechanic in tour code, if we unban them, they will be unrestricted, so they have to stay banned. However due to this mechanic, Potatochan discovered that we can unrestrict Zeraora and Gengar by the same method.
Also, VR will be updated very soon, and new sample teams are coming soon!

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
not gonna do a full analysis this time but here's uu's banlist for the month

Bans: Primarina, Zeraora, Rillaboom, Magnezone, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Dragapult, Togekiss, Sylveon, Porygon-Z, Haxorus, Rotom-Heat, Urshifu, Azumarill, Kyurem, Kommo-o, Dracovish, Darmanitan-Galar, Scizor, Arcanine, Aegislash, Sawk, Volcarona, Avalugg, Snorlax, Marowak-Alola, Crustle, Darmanitan

visual banlist:
(Rapid-Strike)
(Single-Strike)

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/darumaka: Little Cup 1v1 :ss/darumaka-galar:
Led by pqs
LC 1v1 is a 1v1 OM based on the LC tier, in which you are only allowed to bring the base evolution of Pokemon at level five or lower. Many of the strategies here are different due to movepool changes and EVs and IVs being handled differently.

Bans: - Pancham
Unbans: - Cuteifly, Drifloon, Gothita, Vulpix, Vulpix-Alola
Added rules: - Little Cup

/tour create gen81v1, elim/rr
/tour rules littlecup, -pancham, +cuteifly, +drifloom, +gothita, +vulpix, +vulpix-alola
/tour name LC 1v1
OPTIONAL: /tour autostart 5

Council
:togepi: pqs (Leader)
:dwebble: Potatochan789
:cottonee: zioziotrip

Resources
S Rank
:spritzee: Spritzee
:vulpix: Vulpix

S- Rank
:dwebble: Dwebble
:vullaby: Vullaby

A+ Rank
:darumaka: Darumaka
Farfetch'd-Galar
:honedge: Honedge
:mienfoo: Mienfoo
:skrelp: Skrelp

A Rank
:cufant: Cufant
:grookey: Grookey
:scraggy: Scraggy
:timburr: Timburr

A- Rank
:ferroseed: Ferroseed
:growlithe: Growlithe
:scorbunny: Scorbunny

B+ Rank
:cottonee: Cottonee
:koffing: Koffing
:mareanie: Mareanie
:mudbray: Mudbray
:pawniard: Pawniard
:ponyta: Ponyta

B Rank
:bulbasaur: Bulbasaur
:darumaka-galar: Darumaka-Galar
:frillish: Frillish
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar

B- Rank
:axew: Axew
:charmander: Charmander
:corphish: Corphish
:drilbur: Drilbur
:munchlax: Munchlax
:solosis: Solosis
:tentacool: Tentacool

C+ Rank
:bergmite: Bergmite
:cubone: Cubone
:dewpider: Dewpider
:litten: Litten
:minccino: Minccino
:salandit: Salandit

C Rank
:arrokuda: Arrokuda
:duskull: Duskull
:elgyem: Elgyem
:krabby: Krabby
:venipede: Venipede

C- Rank
:bergmite: Bergmite
:croagunk: Croagunk
:larvitar: Larvitar
:onix: Onix
:trapinch: Trapinch

D Rank
:binacle: Binacle
:golett: Golett
:mantyke: Mantyke
:zigzagoon: Zigzagoon
Stat / Pokemon / Base / Nature / EVs / Boost

34:

34 / Onix / 70 / Positive / 196 / +2

30:
30 / Dwebble / 55 / Neutral / 236 / +2
30 / Scraggy / 48 / Positive / 212 / +2

28:
28 / Scraggy / 48 / Neutral / 212 / +2

25:
25 / Onix / 70 / Positive / 196 / +1
25 / Drilbur / 68 / Positive / 212 / +1

24:
24 / Vullaby / 60 / Positive / 196 / +1
24 / Pawniard / 60 / Positive / 196 / +1
24 / Galarian Farfetch’d / 55 / Positive / 236 / +1

22:
22 / Krabby / 50 / Positive / 196 / +1
22 / Galarian Darumaka / 50 / Positive / 196 / +1
22 / Scraggy / 48 / Positive / 212 / +1

21:
21 / Scraggy / 48 / Neutral / 212 / +1
21 / Mudbray / 45 / Positive / 236 / +1

19:
19 / Galarian Ponyta / 90 / Positive / 196 / 0

18:
18 / Salandit / 77 / Positive / 220 / 0
18 / Minccino / 75 / Positive / 236 / 0

17:
17 / Onix / 70 / Positive / 196 / 0
17 / Drilbur / 68 / Positive / 212 / 0
17 / Cottonee / 66 / Positive / 228 / 0
17 / Grookey / 65 / Positive / 236 / 0

16:
16 / Growlithe / 60 / Positive / 196 / 0
16 / Pawniard / 60 / Positive / 196 / 0
16 / Rufflet / 60 / Positive / 196 / 0
16 / Vullaby / 60 / Positive / 196 / 0
16 / Axew / 57 / Positive / 220 / 0
16 / Galarian Farfetch’d / 55 / Positive / 236 / 0
16 / Dwebble / 55 / Positive / 236 / 0

15:
15/ Pawniard / 60 / Neutral / 196 / 0
15 / Vullaby / 60 / Neutral / 196 / 0
15 / Dwebble / 55 / Neutral / 236 / 0
15 / Krabby / 50 / Positive / 196 / 0
15 / Croagunk / 50 / Positive / 196 / 0
15 / Galarian Darumaka / 50 / Positive / 196 / 0
15 / Scraggy / 48 / Positive / 212 / 0
15 / Mareanie / 45 / Positive / 236 / 0
15 / Mudbray / 45 / Positive / 236 / 0
15 / Pancham / 43 / Positive / 252 / 0

14:
14 / Galarian Darumaka / 50 / Neutral / 196 / 0
14 / Mantyke / 50 / Neutral / 196 / 0
14 / Scraggy / 48 / Neutral / 212 / 0
14 / Pancham / 43 / Neutral / 252 / 0
14 / Frillish / 40 / Positive / 196 / 0
14 / Cufant / 40 / Positive / 196 / 0
14 / Hattena / 39 / Positive / 204 / 0
14 / Corphish / 35 / Positive / 236 / 0
14 / Timburr / 35 / Positive / 236 / 0

13:
13 / Frillish / 40 / Neutral / 196 / 0
13 / Cufant / 40 / Neutral / 196 / 0
13 / Hattena / 39 / Neutral / 204 / 0
13 / Corphish / 35 / Neutral / 236 / 0
13 / Timburr / 35 / Neutral / 236 / 0
13 / Mudbray / 45 / Neutral / 236 / 0
13 / Spritzee / 23 / Positive / 252 / 0

12:
12 / Spritzee / 23 / Neutral / 252 / 0

11:
11 / Mareanie / 45 / Neutral / 0 / 0
11 / Mudbray / 45 / Neutral / 0 / 0
11 / Dewpider / 27 / Neutral / 140 / 0

10:
10 / Honedge / 28 / Neutral / 52 / 0

9:
9 / Spritzee / 23 / Neutral / 12 / 0

8:
8 / Trapinch / 10 / Neutral / 36 / 0
8 / Ferroseed / 10 / Neutral / 36 / 0

7:
7 / Trapinch / 10 / Neutral / 0 / 0

6:
6 / Spritzee / 23 / Negative / 0 / 0 / 0 IVs
:honedge::spritzee::dwebble:
The Big 3 by pqs
Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Spritzee @ Berry Juice
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 52 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Disable
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

:vullaby::cufant::darumaka:
Balance by Potatochan789
Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Snarl

Cufant @ Eviolite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 180 HP / 196 Atk / 44 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- High Horsepower
- Screech

Darumaka @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt
Coming soon!

Major Points Of Discussion
:spritzee: With Spritzee getting all of the tools it has as Aromatisse in regular 1v1, and it having items like Berry Juice which restores its HP fully instead of just 33% like Wiki Berry, this makes itself one of the best mons in the tier.
:darumaka: This is mostly an undiscovered Pokemon, but it has a lot of potential outside of a standard Choice Scarf set, getting access to things like Choice Band, Life Orb, Encore, Taunt, and even Belly Drum against stall. The only thing holding it back is how it gets its power in Hustle.
why is pancham banned ????

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, it's LC startup winner HCTC, here to spread blatant LC propaganda:

Go play it! It's a fun meta, even more fast-paced than regular 1v1 (due to stall not really being a thing) and with tons of strategies still to be discovered. The different movepool and stat distributions mean that match-ups are often resolved very differently than you'd expect from two pokemon's OU counterparts. Also, EVing stuff is way less of a pain so that's pretty cool too.

With that out of the way, there's a couple mons I'd like to talk about. Some of them are unranked pokemon that I believe should get ranked, others just deserve a shout-out.

The sturdies:
:dwebble:
Dwebble @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Rock Wrecker
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off/Rock Blast/Counter/Endure
- Earthquake/Rock Blast/Counter/Endure

Imagine crustle with base 100 speed and a second health bar, and you're starting to grasp the terror that is LC dwebble. It's extremely customizable, outspeeds everything after Shell Smash, and looks cute on top of all that. Reliance on Rock moves means it's easy to counter with ground/steel/fighting types (to the extent that they can play around Counter and don't fear +2 Knock Off/EQ, of course), but even so this is an amazing pokemon that deserves to be up there in S.
:magnemite:
Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electroweb
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Steel Beam/Mirror Coat/Metal Sound/Endure

Magnemite is cool, Berry Juice + Steel Beam is amazing, but losing to Knock Off + EQ Dwebble is very annoying. Here's a set that lures it by under-investing in special attack! Because of this, Electroweb will only activate Berry Juice 6% of the time, opening the way for a Flash Cannon KO t2.

Rank diz:
:hippopotas:
Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 180 Atk / 132 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Singlehandedly won me finals. It tanks physical hits for days, deals solid damage against everything other than Baltoy/Bronzor/Ferroseed, and can even beat max SpA specs vulpix thanks to Sand Stream negating sun. I've seen people use Band/Curse offensive sets, but I think Mudbray outclasses it in that niche.
:budew:
Budew @ Wide Lens
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute

Another unranked sleepmon that got good usage during the tour (mostly by and thanks to pqs). It's got a point of speed over Bulbasaur (currently ranked B), and the loss of offensive power isn't that big of a deal (not having leech seed sucks, I admit). Definitely worth a spot somewhere on the rankings.
:remoraid:
Remoraid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

An interesting anti-offense glass cannon: it hits 17 speed (aka 'pretty fast') and has a strong Water Spout backed up by Ice and Fire coverage (plus Psychic for Mareenie and Tentacool). It can also run a Choice Band Hustle set, which lets it kill some specific stuff with Gunk Shot but is generally inferior. Again, worth ranking.

The Cool Stuff:
:salandit:
Salandit @ Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 84 Atk / 188 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild/Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Fake Out
- Nasty Plot/Dragon Pulse

Pretty cool, but a pity it can't counter sturdies 100% of the time (salandit doesn't get encore and can in theory lose to protect or endure). Still, it's fast as hell, has a good typing, and can even work around Mirror Coat with Nasty Plot should the need arise. Should be 1-2 ranks higher imo, the current ranking only seems to consider its middling subToxic set.
:cubone:
Natu used a wicked bulky special cubone during the tour and I would love to see the specific set, that's all.
if you're boring you can run Thick Club I guess
:skrelp:

Not much to say here, just think this is a cool pokemon. Also, its attack and special attack are equal here so physical sets are probably worth exploring (better Poison STAB, better Dragon coverage, option to run a Fairy/Flying move).

Anyway, glad to have written this, I hope it makes more people try this tier out sometime! Also Potatochan if you need help with that set compendium I'll be glad to assist.

Last edited:
With the first DLC2 drop and no forecast for future DLCs, I've elected to restart the development of 1v1 UU. Here's general stats and the new banlist:

Monthly shift:
Code:
 + ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
 | Rank | Pokemon            | Usage %   | Raw    | %       | Real   | %       |
 + ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
 | 1    | Dragonite          | 17.33742% | 13240  |  7.928% | 5014   | 18.263% |
 | 2    | Victini            | 12.90403% | 9759   |  5.844% | 3300   | 12.020% |
 | 3    | Rillaboom          | 12.04097% | 8361   |  5.007% | 2098   |  7.642% |
 | 4    | Tapu Fini          |  9.57910% | 7840   |  4.695% | 2303   |  8.388% |
 | 5    | Regieleki          |  9.33505% | 16209  |  9.706% | 5709   | 20.794% |
 | 6    | Aggron             |  9.27631% | 10778  |  6.454% | 4395   | 16.008% |
 | 7    | Genesect           |  7.90808% | 10416  |  6.237% | 3432   | 12.500% |
 | 8    | Glastrier          |  6.58569% | 6761   |  4.049% | 2343   |  8.534% |
 | 9    | Registeel          |  6.55771% | 4004   |  2.398% | 1228   |  4.473% |
 | 10   | Tapu Koko          |  6.38810% | 5208   |  3.119% | 1487   |  5.416% |
 | 11   | Urshifu            |  6.21582% | 6984   |  4.182% | 2472   |  9.004% |
 | 12   | Sylveon            |  5.93669% | 7135   |  4.273% | 2447   |  8.913% |
 | 13   | Zeraora            |  5.90885% | 5428   |  3.250% | 1848   |  6.731% |
 | 14   | Necrozma           |  5.42807% | 5137   |  3.076% | 2140   |  7.795% |
 | 15   | Landorus-Therian   |  5.32446% | 3918   |  2.346% | 1349   |  4.913% |
 | 16   | Zygarde            |  5.17385% | 5993   |  3.589% | 2090   |  7.612% |
 | 17   | Jirachi            |  5.12417% | 7194   |  4.308% | 2522   |  9.186% |
 | 18   | Primarina          |  4.79997% | 7232   |  4.331% | 2557   |  9.313% |
 | 19   | Urshifu-Rapid-Strike |  4.79155% | 5764   |  3.452% | 1848   |  6.731% |
 | 20   | Moltres-Galar      |  4.66755% | 5743   |  3.439% | 2136   |  7.780% |
 | 21   | Snorlax            |  4.54419% | 3725   |  2.231% | 1429   |  5.205% |
_____ 
 | 22   | Heatran            |  4.45578% | 5376   |  3.219% | 1638   |  5.966% |
 | 23   | Togekiss           |  4.29235% | 3586   |  2.147% | 1082   |  3.941% |
 | 24   | Spectrier          |  4.28666% | 6240   |  3.737% | 2369   |  8.629% |
 | 25   | Garchomp           |  4.10776% | 5886   |  3.525% | 2229   |  8.119% |
 | 26   | Dragapult          |  3.90008% | 8234   |  4.931% | 2925   | 10.654% |
 | 27   | Darmanitan-Galar   |  3.84521% | 5439   |  3.257% | 2024   |  7.372% |
 | 28   | Pheromosa          |  3.78042% | 5474   |  3.278% | 1996   |  7.270% |
 | 29   | Regidrago          |  3.53071% | 8641   |  5.174% | 3142   | 11.444% |
 | 30   | Rhyperior          |  3.11991% | 3231   |  1.935% | 1264   |  4.604% |
 | 31   | Landorus           |  3.11713% | 4674   |  2.799% | 1558   |  5.675% |
 | 32   | Metagross          |  3.05388% | 4418   |  2.646% | 1408   |  5.128% |
 | 33   | Suicune            |  2.97843% | 3468   |  2.077% | 1158   |  4.218% |
 | 34   | Dracovish          |  2.94283% | 4157   |  2.489% | 1554   |  5.660% |
 | 35   | Volcanion          |  2.93067% | 3846   |  2.303% | 1212   |  4.414% |
 | 36   | Tapu Lele          |  2.79822% | 2803   |  1.679% | 944    |  3.438% |
 | 37   | Kartana            |  2.77699% | 4797   |  2.873% | 1566   |  5.704% |
 | 38   | Magnezone          |  2.47403% | 4248   |  2.544% | 1570   |  5.718% |
 | 39   | Haxorus            |  2.44445% | 4305   |  2.578% | 1532   |  5.580% |
 | 40   | Zapdos-Galar       |  2.43377% | 6891   |  4.126% | 2727   |  9.933% |
 | 41   | Marshadow          |  2.37528% | 2216   |  1.327% | 802    |  2.921% |
 | 42   | Crustle            |  2.32367% | 3615   |  2.165% | 1447   |  5.270% |
 | 43   | Naganadel          |  2.31954% | 3560   |  2.132% | 1261   |  4.593% |
 | 44   | Swampert           |  2.23402% | 3380   |  2.024% | 1364   |  4.968% |
 | 45   | Aegislash          |  2.19080% | 5939   |  3.556% | 1954   |  7.117% |
 | 46   | Azumarill          |  2.18845% | 3768   |  2.256% | 1248   |  4.546% |
 | 47   | Blaziken           |  2.13950% | 7723   |  4.625% | 2461   |  8.964% |
 | 48   | Cresselia          |  2.08453% | 1804   |  1.080% | 653    |  2.378% |
 | 49   | Nihilego           |  2.04204% | 1435   |  0.859% | 502    |  1.828% |
 | 50   | Sawk               |  1.84443% | 2429   |  1.455% | 895    |  3.260% |
 | 51   | Porygon-Z          |  1.83461% | 4598   |  2.753% | 1576   |  5.740% |
 | 52   | Magearna           |  1.69557% | 1552   |  0.929% | 498    |  1.814% |
 | 53   | Diancie            |  1.52821% | 1500   |  0.898% | 463    |  1.686% |
 | 54   | Chansey            |  1.50998% | 1415   |  0.847% | 335    |  1.220% |
 | 55   | Blacephalon        |  1.48971% | 4272   |  2.558% | 1309   |  4.768% |
 | 56   | Arcanine           |  1.45803% | 2222   |  1.331% | 760    |  2.768% |
 | 57   | Kyurem             |  1.39244% | 2457   |  1.471% | 822    |  2.994% |
 | 58   | Latios             |  1.38755% | 1721   |  1.031% | 534    |  1.945% |
 | 59   | Relicanth          |  1.33361% | 656    |  0.393% | 261    |  0.951% |
 | 60   | Rotom-Heat         |  1.31599% | 3240   |  1.940% | 1098   |  3.999% |
 | 61   | Celesteela         |  1.29338% | 1992   |  1.193% | 676    |  2.462% |
 | 62   | Raikou             |  1.17268% | 1775   |  1.063% | 620    |  2.258% |
 | 63   | Nidoking           |  1.16873% | 1921   |  1.150% | 668    |  2.433% |
 | 64   | Avalugg            |  1.13445% | 2718   |  1.628% | 1182   |  4.305% |
 | 65   | Corviknight        |  1.05693% | 2071   |  1.240% | 555    |  2.021% |
 | 66   | Articuno           |  1.04380% | 1516   |  0.908% | 434    |  1.581% |
 | 67   | Clefable           |  0.96953% | 2940   |  1.761% | 849    |  3.092% |
 | 68   | Whimsicott         |  0.94048% | 4146   |  2.483% | 1386   |  5.048% |
 | 69   | Toxapex            |  0.93306% | 1339   |  0.802% | 340    |  1.238% |
 | 70   | Entei              |  0.80534% | 1263   |  0.756% | 357    |  1.300% |
 | 71   | Excadrill          |  0.77752% | 1969   |  1.179% | 597    |  2.174% |
 | 72   | Regice             |  0.73322% | 1733   |  1.038% | 473    |  1.723% |
 | 73   | Tyranitar          |  0.73242% | 1498   |  0.897% | 416    |  1.515% |
 | 74   | Hydreigon          |  0.69347% | 1547   |  0.926% | 483    |  1.759% |
 | 75   | Archeops           |  0.65721% | 3069   |  1.838% | 1059   |  3.857% |
 | 76   | Latias             |  0.65589% | 1794   |  1.074% | 514    |  1.872% |
 | 77   | Weavile            |  0.64579% | 1057   |  0.633% | 314    |  1.144% |
 | 78   | Articuno-Galar     |  0.62503% | 2870   |  1.719% | 815    |  2.968% |
 | 79   | Chandelure         |  0.59262% | 1026   |  0.614% | 314    |  1.144% |
 | 80   | Gastrodon          |  0.57346% | 1776   |  1.064% | 644    |  2.346% |
 | 81   | Carracosta         |  0.57160% | 1423   |  0.852% | 522    |  1.901% |
 | 82   | Bronzong           |  0.52637% | 139    |  0.083% | 48     |  0.175% |
 | 83   | Ditto              |  0.50548% | 3401   |  2.037% | 1145   |  4.170% |
 | 84   | Darmanitan         |  0.49314% | 1284   |  0.769% | 413    |  1.504% |
 | 85   | Ferrothorn         |  0.46243% | 2402   |  1.438% | 825    |  3.005% |
 | 86   | Type: Null         |  0.46077% | 625    |  0.374% | 219    |  0.798% |
 | 87   | Durant             |  0.44236% | 1799   |  1.077% | 610    |  2.222% |
 | 88   | Kommo-o            |  0.43257% | 485    |  0.290% | 129    |  0.470% |
 | 89   | Buzzwole           |  0.41190% | 2161   |  1.294% | 656    |  2.389% |
 | 90   | Blissey            |  0.40885% | 1029   |  0.616% | 275    |  1.002% |
 | 91   | Sirfetch'd         |  0.39619% | 1131   |  0.677% | 424    |  1.544% |
 | 92   | Conkeldurr         |  0.36781% | 1977   |  1.184% | 691    |  2.517% |
 | 93   | Gardevoir          |  0.36151% | 1411   |  0.845% | 441    |  1.606% |
 | 94   | Slowbro-Galar      |  0.35741% | 522    |  0.313% | 202    |  0.736% |
 | 95   | Venusaur           |  0.35278% | 1059   |  0.634% | 352    |  1.282% |
 | 96   | Celebi             |  0.33829% | 460    |  0.275% | 130    |  0.474% |
 | 97   | Incineroar         |  0.33802% | 1231   |  0.737% | 406    |  1.479% |
 | 98   | Rotom-Wash         |  0.32999% | 733    |  0.439% | 218    |  0.794% |
 | 99   | Zapdos             |  0.32765% | 989    |  0.592% | 317    |  1.155% |
 | 100  | Sceptile           |  0.31448% | 1160   |  0.695% | 390    |  1.421% |

Initial Banlist: Victini, Rillaboom, Tapu Fini, Regieleki, Aggron, Genesect, Glastrier, Registeel, Tapu Koko, Urshifu, Sylveon, Zeraora, Necrozma, Landorus-Therian, Zygarde, Jirachi, Primarina, Urshifu-Rapid Strike, Moltres-Galar, Snorlax

Notable Unbans:
:heatran::togekiss::Garchomp::dragapult::Darmanitan-galar::porygon-z::Dracovish::Blaziken::kyurem:

I must say, this is a surprising first shift, with DLC1 titans such as Togekiss, Dragapult, and Porygon-Z being free, along with newcomers such as Heatran and Blaziken. Time will tell what gets banned and what doesn't. Also, here's the tour code:

/tour create gen81v1, elimination,,2, [Gen 8] 1v1 UU
/tour rules -Victini, -Rillaboom, -Tapu Fini, -Regieleki, -Aggron, -Genesect, -Glastrier, -Registeel, -Tapu Koko, -Urshifu, -Sylveon, -Zeraora, -Necrozma, -Landorus-Therian, -Zygarde, -Jirachi, -Primarina, -Urshifu-Rapid Strike, -Moltres-Galar, -Snorlax

As always, thanks for reading, and have a nice day. Mubs out.

STABmons code, leaving here, idt this ruleset is official, but it's fun.
/chall gen8stabmons@@@ -uber, -ag, max team size=3, picked team size=1, -Bright Powder, -Focus Band, -Snorlax, -Mimikyu, -Octazooka, -Swagger, +Genesect, +Magearna, +Marshadow, +Geomancy, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Melmetal, +Dracovish, +Dragapult, +Kartana, +Landorus-Therian, +Naganadel, +Spectrier, +Silvally, +Tapu Koko, +Landorus-Incarnate, +Pheromosa, +Porygon-Z, +Thundurus-Incarnate, +Urshifu-Single-Strike, +Zapdos Galar, +Zygarde, +Zygarde-Complete, +Astral Barrage, +Belly Drum, +Clangorous Soul, +Electrify, +Extreme Speed, +Fishious Rend, +Glacial Lance, +Oblivion Wing, +Precipice Blades, +Shell Smash, +Shift Gear, +Thousand Arrows, +V-Create, +Wicked Blow, +Power Construct

Last edited:
STABmons 1v1
What is STABmons 1v1? Well, simply put: every pokemon gets every move available of their respective types, this means Tapu Bulu finally gets Grassy Glide, Porygon-Z gets Shell Smash, and Tyranitar somehow gets Precipice Blades; and many other cool move combinations.

Ruleset: [Gen 8] STABmons, 1v1 Banlist
Unbans: Dragonite, Genesect, Jirachi, Magearna, Marshadow, Melmetal, Mew, Sableye, Victini
Restrictions (these moves are only available on pokemon that natively learn them): Bolt Beak, Double Iron Bash

Council
:poipole: STABLE (Leader)
:victini: Potatochan
:type-null: BlanchedAlmond
:marshadow: RTM
:gengar: doc1203

Resources
S tier
:tapu-lele: Tapu Lele

A+ tier
:magnezone: Magnezone
:naganadel: Naganadel
:tapu-fini: Tapu Fini
:terrakion: Terrakion

A tier
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar
:Kartana: Kartana
:Zeraora: Zeraora

A- tier
:Melmetal: Melmetal
:Regieleki: Regieleki
:Spectrier: Spectrier
:tapu-bulu: Tapu Bulu
:Tapu-Koko: Tapu Koko

B+ tier
:Aegislash: Aegislash
:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:Marshadow: Marshadow
:Porygon-Z: Porygon-Z
:Silvally: Silvally-*
:Togekiss: Togekiss

B tier
:Blacephalon: Blacephalon
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar
:Incineroar: Incineroar
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o
:Pheromosa: Pheromosa
:Porygon2: Porygon2
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

B- tier
:Avalugg: Avalugg
:Dragonite: Dragonite
:Genesect: Genesect
:Keldeo: Keldeo
:Magearna: Magearna
:Mamoswine: Mamoswine
:Tyranitar: Tyranitar
:Urshifu: Urshifu

C+
:Gyarados: Gyarados
:Volcanion: Volcanion
:Araquanid: Araquanid
:Sylveon: Sylveon

C
:Sharpedo: Sharpedo
:Celesteela: Celesteela
/chall gen8stabmons @@@ -uber, -ag, max team size=3, picked team size=1, -Bright Powder, -Focus Band, -Snorlax, -Mimikyu, -Octazooka, -Swagger, +Geomancy, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Melmetal, +Dracovish, +Dragapult, +Kartana, +Genesect, +Landorus-Therian, +Naganadel, +Spectrier, +Silvally, +Tapu Koko, +Landorus-Incarnate, +Pheromosa, +Porygon-Z, +Thundurus-Incarnate, +Urshifu-Single-Strike, +Zapdos Galar, +Zygarde, +Magearna, +Marshadow, +Zygarde-Complete, +Astral Barrage, +Belly Drum, +Clangorous Soul, +Electrify, +Extreme Speed, +Fishious Rend, +Glacial Lance, +Oblivion Wing, +Precipice Blades, +Shell Smash, +Shift Gear, +Thousand Arrows, +V-Create, +Wicked Blow, +Power Construct

Sample teams
:dragapult: :naganadel: :aegislash: Dragon Spam by STABLE
:spectrier: :tapu-fini: :melmetal: Scarf Spect by RTM
:landorus-therian: :magnezone: :tapu-lele: SpD Lele by doc1203
:Porygon-Z: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: Double Setup by STABLE

Last edited:

zastra

you didn't even notice
is a Tiering Contributor
Quick thoughts on MnM 1v1 (Just to revive the chat)

...From what I could make out from the resource post, Mimikyu is pretty good in the meta.
:ss/Excadrill:
Excadrill @ Lucarionite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Excadrill should be really solid in the meta. Due to its high attack stat, STAB combo and access to swords dance, it's one of the most striking mons of the tier, imo. Most notably, pre mega mold breaker helps it to break through Mimikyu. Being able to perform as a breaker and deal with stuff like non-latiasite pex, ndm, mage and blissey is also valuable.

:ss/Kartana:
Kartana @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike
Another mon I find really problematic to deal with. A terrifying attack and speed stat, striking coverage and access to swords dance makes it pretty insane at times.

:ss/Entei:
Entei @ Altarianite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge

This, imo, is the one of the MOST PROBLEMATIC mon of 1v1 MnM. Its terrifying attack stat with access to pixilate and STAB boosted extreme speed and DOUBLE EDGE makes it a dangerous threat. It's basically a better arcanine, imo. Sacred fire burns are annoying, too. It's also able to check popular stuff like Mimikyu, Regieleki, Magearna, NDM, etc.

Overall, I think this meta is pretty interesting (but needs development, ofc). HO teams should be really good here.

I'd quickly like to drop a team of mine -
:ss/kartana: :ss/entei: :ss/regieleki:
the paste [EVs could be better I guess, but Idk the speedtiers unfortunately]

Also note that this meta is now playable on ROM- s/o to urkerab for adding it !

Last edited:

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
Camomons ADV 1v1

Camomons ADV 1v1 is a sub metagame of normal ADV 1v1 where the typing of your Pokémon is decided by your first two moves.

Bans: Standard ADV 1v1 Banlist, Salamence, Celebi, Shedinja
Added Rules: Camomons Mod, Team Type Preview
Removed Rules: Team Preview

/challenge gen31v1@@@Camomons Mod,Team Type Preview,!Team Preview,-Celebi,-Shedinja,-Salamence
/tour create gen31v1, elimination,,2, [Gen 3] Camomons 1v1
/tour rules Camomons Mod,Team Type Preview,!Team Preview,-Celebi,-Shedinja,-Salamence
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/tour scouting disallow
/wall **SAMPLES + SET COMPENDIUM:** https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-oms.3658305/page-3#post-9227925

Council
Singing_Sam (Leader)
Opchurtle100 (Leader)
LRXC
Euphonos
Zxcsq5
bored_glitch
deddd mans

VR Rankings: Currently Voting

Sample Teams:
:tyranitar::metagross::charizard: Hotel California By Hungryfoodies
:zapdos::starmie::gyarados: Zapdos Starmie Gyarados By Hungryfoodies
:crobat::charizard::metagross: The X but Y By Singing Sam
:ninjask::raikou::vaporeon: The Weird Sample By Singing Sam
:metagross::gyarados::raikou: Hawlucha Gross is real By Dedddgamerman

Set Compendium
Discord

Last edited by a moderator:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
so im exploring the BST 600 SWSH 1v1 metagame right (here is the VR according to elo I think) and some teams and i set out to break the meta because i am contrarian and quirky and using S tiers is BOOOOOORING

SO i am proud to introduce my team that features NO POKEMON ON THE VR!!!!!!!!!

TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA

:ss/tentacool: :ss/diglett-alola:

A COOL TENT (Tentacool) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 140 Def / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Hex

I DIG IT (Diglett-Alola)
Ability: Tangling Hair
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Thief

so TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA is a very cool team because I was like HMMM how to smack the top tiers of azu and diggs with a pokemon? Tentacool! I simply outspeed most diggs (if you are jolly you are lame!) and I hydro pump them and they die, tenta here lives life orb quick attack! wow! Giga Drain is for the wooper matchup and Hex is here to hit shedinja how crazy! with Liquid Ooze i beat the annoying seed stallers of cottonee and grovyle as well 8).

NOW for the very very very VERYYYYY cool partner in Diglett-Alola! I was like DAMN i have to beat pikachu that thing is good and KO's tentacool, i also didn't like losing to band diggersby, especially jolly! So I thought of the GENIUS idea of diglett alola with sub reversal, ev's here live band quick attack from diggersby so I can kill it with reversal! I also smack pikachu OBVS and have good fire matchup vs stinky raboot/scorbunny with sucker punch! It also beats bunneary which is cool 8). Not only this, but my GENIUS tech in Thief, I beat magnemite by theifing the choice specs and killing it with earthquake! (as I die to specs flash cannon).

This team struggles with pyukumuk but surely you can tech tentacool to win wow. i also lose to thwackey (fake out+grassy glide is SOOo powerful!) but its okay just dont face that pokemon and you should be set!

thank you for reading, Murman (murmdog) , Elo Bandit (Freelo Candyt) and BST CHAMPION smely socks i officially nominate tentacool and diglett-alola to the viability rankings, stat!

Hope you enjoy the TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA!!1111111111

oh btw this team perfectly hits 600 which I think is super cool because tentacool is 335 and diglett alola formation is 265

Last edited:
so im exploring the BST 600 SWSH 1v1 metagame right (here is the VR according to elo I think) and some teams and i set out to break the meta because i am contrarian and quirky and using S tiers is BOOOOOORING

SO i am proud to introduce my team that features NO POKEMON ON THE VR!!!!!!!!!

TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA

:ss/tentacool: :ss/diglett-alola:

A COOL TENT (Tentacool) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 140 Def / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Hex

I DIG IT (Diglett-Alola)
Ability: Tangling Hair
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Thief

so TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA is a very cool team because I was like HMMM how to smack the top tiers of azu and diggs with a pokemon? Tentacool! I simply outspeed most diggs (if you are jolly you are lame!) and I hydro pump them and they die, tenta here lives life orb quick attack! wow! Giga Drain is for the wooper matchup and Hex is here to hit shedinja how crazy! with Liquid Ooze i beat the annoying seed stallers of cottonee and grovyle as well 8).

NOW for the very very very VERYYYYY cool partner in Diglett-Alola! I was like DAMN i have to beat pikachu that thing is good and KO's tentacool, i also didn't like losing to band diggersby, especially jolly! So I thought of the GENIUS idea of diglett alola with sub reversal, ev's here live band quick attack from diggersby so I can kill it with reversal! I also smack pikachu OBVS and have good fire matchup vs stinky raboot/scorbunny with sucker punch! It also beats bunneary which is cool 8). Not only this, but my GENIUS tech in Thief, I beat magnemite by theifing the choice specs and killing it with earthquake! (as I die to specs flash cannon).

This team struggles with pyukumuk but surely you can tech tentacool to win wow. i also lose to thwackey (fake out+grassy glide is SOOo powerful!) but its okay just dont face that pokemon and you should be set!

thank you for reading, Murman (murmdog) , Elo Bandit (Freelo Candyt) and BST CHAMPION smely socks i officially nominate tentacool and diglett-alola to the viability rankings, stat!

Hope you enjoy the TENTACOOL+DIGLETT ALOLA FORMATION EXTRAVAGANZA!!1111111111

oh btw this team perfectly hits 600 which I think is super cool because tentacool is 335 and diglett alola formation is 265
free adv samples

BIG ASS TITLE!!(YEAHHH) :clefable: :clefable: :clefable:

Hey so abc cup 1v1 started pretty recently and since my friends and I are all in it and I like using spreadsheets, I decided to combine my two favorite things(the alphabet and data analysis), and make a spreadsheet to simplify our work and figure out the definitive best letter combinations for teams as fast as possible.
Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U04u-uTae6oWM0v2R75iTK7ftxrCzC9d88cOB5WSsJE/edit#gid=0

This sheet has pretty much everything you need to build abc 1v1, it lists all the ranked pokemon for each letter in order of how good they are(assuming you trust the judgement of the vr council), and has a ranking from best to worst of individual letters and 3 letter combinations.

To start off, I needed a good way to represent all viable pokemon for a letter as a number, accounting for how viable each pokemon is and how many viable pokemon there are for each starting letter. Thankfully the vr council very conveniently has a spreadsheet that gives each pokemon a number for their ranking(S is 13, S- is 12, so on), so I wrote down and added up the number scores of each viable pokemon for each letter(for example E would be 9+3+2 for entei, escavalier, and excadrill to get 14), and considered that number the "score" of each letter.

Now this of course isn't 100% accurate, under this given system zeraora would be considered "3 times as good as jellicent" which is sure yeah I know that isn't really how it works. Some people might argue that zeraora is more than 3 times as good as jellicent, some might say it's less than 3 times as good, most people probably don't care about the significance of how accurate my sheet is at representing the viability of pokemon, most people are unaware of smogon as a whole and a select few are lucky enough to have never had access to the internet and get to experience life the way they should have.
All in all though, I find this sheet to be accurate to my liking. The small issues that come up will never seriously affect the rankings and ultimately this is a really good tool for building easy abc cup 1v1 teams. The tier unfortunately is really "s" top heavy as the 3 best 3-letter combinations have an s in them which would make the tier kind of stale after a while but the sheet was really fun to make and the tier is fun enough to build.

I guess I haven't been posting as much as before recently which is cause I'm just waiting for new gen sv cause I'm bored of ss 2v2/1v1. My classes this semester are butt easy though so if you like my math and posts uh get excited cause I'll probably make more soon. I like making spreadsheets but I don't have any ideas so I'll take suggestions lol. I made a spreadsheet that's a template for one of those vr council spreadsheets that calculates the average of the votes so just pm me on discord adam3560#4015 if you want it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)