National Dex 1400 ELO National Dex. Tusk, Hyd, Ape.

Endangered (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Happiness: 25
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner

Great Tusk & Hydreigon were enough to climb the ladder from 1000 to 1300+ all by themselves. This is a standard set. I didn't feel a need to change Tera Ground which works so far, but I'll change it if someone alerts me to an issue not addressed in the RMT.

B-Eyes Ultimate (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Happiness: 210
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Tera Poison Hydreigon helps evade so many issues, but I don't like the drop in Power as the Life Orb still takes away my HP. Lack of Fire offense is compensated for in using a Heatran. Also I can't Monster Reborn the individual Blue-Eyes used to make the Ultimate.

Needs License (Annihilape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 40
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 228 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Gunk Shot

In addition to the above two, Annihilape can take out entire teams by itself, much like the worst of "domesticated" animals can irl. I am unappreciative that a Pokemon that stole Ash's hat got a further evolution, but people are unprepared to deal with a Bulk Up user that cannot be Toxic'd, and whose Rage Fist even increases in power against Unaware Dondozo.
Idk how much Speed to run and also don't know why any Speed is even suggested, when in a mirror, you want to get attacked first, so your Rage Fist will go to 100. Gunk Shot is here to do more damage to Hatterene, which Great Tusk + Hydriegon does not cover. The team was weak to rain but a Specially Defensive Tera Poison Annihilape helps me play around it.

Great Tusk, Hydreigon, and Annihilape are the main power behind this team. They work for me as a core and also as standalone decimators.

Number 107 (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Sand Tomb
- Dual Wingbeat
- Swords Dance

Sand Tomb is good in theory for catching and trapping things that I can Swords Dance on, but I have never actually been able to execute this idea. The moveset may need some work, but there isn't anything important I brought this niche Mega onto the team for, as Bullet Punch is largely here just for killing frail fast Pokemon or Pokemon that have set up that would smash the team otherwise. I really felt I needed some kind of relatable priority on the team, and this is more durable than the Kingambit I had here just for Sucker Punch.
The name "107" comes from Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, as a Tachyon is a super quick theoretical particle, just like Bullet Punch.

Fighting Fafnir (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 28 SpA / 132 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Pulse

I understand that most people prefer a more defensive set, but this set has survived nearly everything it is supposed to, so I'm keeping the higher SpA just to do a bit more to stall-ish mons or Taunters, which I hope to burn too. Dragon Pulse is here for Pokemon such as Dragonite, which Scizor's priority alone is not enough to deal with. I guess it could even catch Hydreigon.
Don't remember why Tera is Fire.
Name "Fighting Fafnir" is from Mega Man Zero. An actually smooth game.

How would you change the team to make it better or easier to use?

I forgot to post my 6th Pokemon, Rotom-W. Further Rain control and physical wall against Bulk Up Corviknight which is not elegant like Skarmory.

Impermanence (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

The name "Impermanence" comes from its Volt Switch. Infinite Impermanence also happens to be a sought-after card in Yu-Gi-Oh which people tend to splash in any deck.
Dual Status comes in handy more than Protect ever would. I can't think of what else I'd want to put. If Rain continues to be an issue, I'll consider HP Grass or Tera Blast Grass for Swampert and coincidentally Breloom, which threatens my top 2 mons, Great Tusk and Hydreigon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)