National Dex 1400 Again, with Moltres-G, the Winged Dragon of Ra - Phoenix Mode of Pokemon.

This team was inspired by a stranger who I wish I remembered, who showed me HO teams to try if I want to make some games end quickly...due to bad interruptions when I am playing, and if I want to play to win. All I remembered is that one team had Memento Glimmora, when I didn't even know it got that move, and Galarian Moltres, a Pokemon much like Ra's Dragon's most terrifying form. Those two were the most memorable Pokemon on each team and I wanted the team to synchronize with them as much as possible.

Gleamora (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
Happiness: 195
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 8 Def / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Memento
- Power Gem
- Mortal Spin
- Spikes

Mortal Spin is here to use in case I decide I need to Spin to defend my Moltres-G. I don't have Great Tusk so I figured it's dutiful to have a Spinning move anyway. Memento is not necessarily used to execute a final sweep but helps remove myself just for the sake of momentum before I set up and sweep. Power Gem is here only because of a STAB move that isn't another Poison attack and out of consideration for Quiver Dance Volcarona. Spikes is here to build up layers to make the job easier for a Moltres-G sweep. Corrosion is the ability because I want to ensure I hit Unaware Clodsire, which could stop one of my setup sweepers. EVs are the most arbitrary and potentially purposeless on the team. I invested in Attack just because it is such a low stat, which makes it easy to make a difference, and I don't like my Mortal Spins doing nothing. This Pokemon is always brought down to its Sash quickly or up against Pokemon that can't hit it, making its Defenses inconsequential to me right now. Power Gem is my least used move so I didn't power it up much.

Ra Phoenix Mode (Moltres-Galar) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
Happiness: 125
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 16 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Air Slash

There it is. The bird that saves the day and takes out entire teams in the endgame. I mainly use Tera Dark just for the offense for bulkier Pokemon, but having a Tera Type that defends me against Mega Scizor might come more in handy. Mega Scizor requires me to pivot like crazy to handle and is a threat to the team and to a Moltres sweep. EVs are a few points above anything I need to outrun before or after Agility. The reason I don't pump even more into the Defenses is because I want to take enough damage to trigger Berserk, to ensure I can sweep. This can possibly be optimized to deal with Mega Scizor. I've just realized I may want to try Tera Fire Tera Blast...

Stop Dog Attacks (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Happiness: 30
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This is the most classical Garchomp set from Smogon Singles and a set which aided in Garchomp's former Uber status, and it doesn't need Outrage as it once did in Singles since it can use Tera Ground to power up EQ. It also tends to be my switch in for M-Scizor. Only reason it doesn't have Rocky Helmet is because I have Substitute here and a Helmet elsewhere.

Tag Force Special (Tapu Lele) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
Happiness: 10
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature's Madness
- Psychic
- Magic Coat
- Draining Kiss

I am considering Espathra in this slot, but it can be another Pokemon altogether. People are unprepared to tank against Tapu Lele. What I don't like is its weakness to Scizor and its inability to actually come in and fully counter Tapu Koko, despite taking its Terrain away. This terrain has a greater purpose in preventing priority moves, so this way, my setup sweepers, namely Moltres-G, cannot be hit by many of the same priority moves I have on my team. Stopping Bullet Punch with the terrain is a great thing if I have already switched in Garchomp to a M-Scizor and I don't want to switch in Garchomp again. There isn't any friction I noticed between my own use of Priority Moves while having a Psychic Surge Pokemon. I might be able to think of a better Tera Type to use, but I don't know what.

(Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Triple Axel

I rounded off this team with a core of Mega Lopunny and "Mega Bisharp".

Summoned Skull (Kingambit) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 150
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Kingambit has a Rocky Helmet and some physical defense to take hits from Surging Strikes in the Rain. I had no answers for that. I can at least check it this way. I also think it does a lot more than the extra damage output from Black Glasses. There is some repetition in the fact that I already have DARK-type offense from my ace, Moltres-G. However, I cannot think of many other better Steel types than Kingambit. I also realized while writing this that I might want to use Supreme Overlord for sweeping?

The most useful pokemon to this team and my playstyle now are my Glimmora, Moltres-G and Garchomp the way they are. If broad changes are made, they may involve having Dual Screens or Aurora Veil where Glimmora is, and then making changes to the rest of the team (Lele, Lopunny, Kingambit) from there. I want to feel what it's like to get to the 1500s now, and I want to know if I can do it with HO.

A few days after this post, I made it to 1500! Because of Espathra, which may be banned soon. I'm using Tera Water Espathra with Substitute. Theoretically if my Substitute was predicted every time that I used it, then, I would not have made it to 1500. Espathra replaces Tapu Lele.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)