Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Naive (+SPE, -Spc D)
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Item: Damp Rock
Taunt
Rain Dance
Thunder
Explosion

standard rain open. super fast taunt gives me the chance to keep hazards off the field, but generally he's just gonna rain dance -> explosion

Uxie

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Attack)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spec D / 252 Def
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Yawn
Memento

Rain dance + Damp rock is obv. Stealth rock helps my team greatly, getting some important 1hko's when they matter. Yawn helps force a switch, allowing me to safely switch in Quilfish or Kabutops and hopefully get up a swords dance. Memento also helps quil and kabutops set up tremendously

Ludicolo

Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Calm (+Spc D, -Attack)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Rain Dance
Leech Seed
Substitute
Surf
So I decided to go for a subseed set on ludicolo. Reason being, I think when a lot of people see ludicolo in the rain they are instantly worried about a special sweep, so they switch to an appropriate wall. That gives me the opportunity to hit the incoming pokemon with a leech seed, then substall them into the death range of Surf. The only problem with this set is that it's basically completely walled by grass types. I also question whether I should use leftovers or damp rock, as leftovers will let me heal twice as fast which means a lot more opportunity for sub stallage. thoughts?

THE PAIN BRINGERS
Kabutops

Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adament
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: Life orb
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Stone Edge
What UU rain team is complete without kabutops? Uxie will give this guy plenty of opportunities to set up a swords dance, and once that happens people are going to die. I chose aqua jet over return because Poliwrath can be handled by Quilfish or Lanturn, and Quagsire is handled by Ludicolo. And aqua jet will be very helpful against hitmontops, etc.

Lanturn

Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Modest (+Spec Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Spec Attack, 252 Spec D, 4 HP
Item: Choice SPecs
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Ice beam
Hidden Power Grass
A bit of a surprise here with a specs Lanturn. When most people see a lanturn they fear paralysis and confusion imo, so often they will stay in not fearing any sort of attack. Which is why specs lanturn is so good imo. My opponent often won't switch fearing a thudner wave on the switch in, but in reality he's about to eat a specs, rain boosted hydro pump or thunder in the face. Lanturn also provides me with a VERY helpful electric immunity.

Qwilfish

Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: life orb
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Poison Jab
Explosion
Qwilfish gives me a needed neutrality to grass, along with someone who can eat up toxic spikes. Much like kabutops, qwilfish really loves Uxie and all the set up opportunities she'll give him. Explosion really helps as a last ditch effort against something like Venusaur, which my team admittedly has problems dealing with normally. Otherwise, Poison Jab is a much needed super effective STAB vs other grass types.

Bumping back to first page. Any comments guys? I think I'm going to switch HP Grass on Lanturn for HP psychic btw, because toxicroak can own my soul without it.

If you need a Psychic move, I'd recommend Psychic/Zen Headbutt over Yawn (or even Memento) on Uxie, since you're using Memento (or Yawn) to phaze anyways - plus, your Uxie getting Taunted by something faster can allow said Pokemon to set up .

Also helps deal with Venusaur that run Sludge Bomb (Ludicolo), EQ (Lanturn/Qwilfish), and Power Whip/Leaf Storm (Kabutops) or something, without sacrificing Electrode or Qwilfish. HP Grass allows you to hit things like other Kabutops, Omastar and Quagsire.

Other than that, it looks nice. Can't see any glaring flaws, but I'm not good at Rain. Just watch out for Raikou or the odd Golduck.

If you need a Psychic move, I'd recommend Psychic/Zen Headbutt over Yawn (or even Memento) on Uxie, since you're using Memento (or Yawn) to phaze anyways - plus, your Uxie getting Taunted by something faster can allow said Pokemon to set up .

Also helps deal with Venusaur that run Sludge Bomb (Ludicolo), EQ (Lanturn/Qwilfish), and Power Whip/Leaf Storm (Kabutops) or something, without sacrificing Electrode or Qwilfish. HP Grass allows you to hit things like other Kabutops, Omastar and Quagsire.

Other than that, it looks nice. Can't see any glaring flaws, but I'm not good at Rain. Just watch out for Raikou or the odd Golduck.
Good call on psychic over yawn. Definitely want to keep memento as that has helped me a million times set up a game winning sweep. Besides, it's basically impossible to be able to use both yawn and memento in the same game anyway, along with stealth rocks and a rain dance.

I think I'm gonna go with Zen headbutt actually since I'm probably only going to use uxie to attack if toxicroak or venusaur is in and venusaur's spc D > his defense.

That also lets me keep HP grass on lanturn which is nice for quagsire etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)