0.0 On The Richter Scale: The No EQ OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very good at Pokemon. I haven't played for about five years and I'm not particularly interested in doing calculations before every decision or memorizing the movesets of various Pokemon. That being said, the only thing I hate more than Spikes is Earthquake. Therefore, the restrictions of the ratings you must give are in the context of the only alternatives either having Levitate or being Flying types, because that's the self-imposed rule that I have. I'm in the 1100s and tend to win about half my games, which I think is pretty cool, but constructive criticism can do nothing but help. For the most part these sets are just copy-pasted off Smogon because I have no idea about anything Pokemon related. That's why I'm asking you.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Pressure

EVs: HP4/ATK252/SPE252

Moveset:
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Taunt

Comments: I might as well just C/P the lead Aerodactyl writeup. I still don't understand why Trick seems to take priority when I try taunting leads like Azelf when I'm verifiably faster, but like I said, I'm not too bright.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
Keen Eye

EVs: HP252/ATK64/DEF176/SPE16

Moveset:
Brave Bird
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost

Comments: I like Spikes-dueling with other Spikers knowing they'll never hit me. Whirlwind is funny against Subs. Skarmory seems to get his (wait are there obscenity rules here?) pushed in too much and I always get lazy and forget to switch out and end up letting idiots like Breloom setup. Oops.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure

EVs: HP248/DEF228/SPE32

Moveset:

Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Heat Wave
Roost

Comments: Probably my favorite switch-in. Zapdos takes hits like a BA and has sweet coverage. Most people don't expect Heat Wave, I guess, because they switch in guys like Lucario and I one shot them. Teehee.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Modest
Hyper Cutter

EVs: HP252/DEF40/SPE216

Moveset:

Roost
Toxic
Earthquake
U-turn

Comments: Usually the last one to come out. He's one of two Toxic users I have, so yeah, kind of important. Considering swapping U-turn for Taunt so that he can 1v1 Blissey with only minor issues.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate

EVs: HP4/SPE252/SPA252

Moveset:

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Toxic

Comments: I used to use Substitute and Focus Punch but that was pretty lame. T-bolt has been cool so far. Get a lot of Gyarados switchins for some reason. Toxic is a little out of place but I like Toxicing on switch-ins, which is probably a personal problem.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Relaxed
Levitate

EVs: HP252/DEF150/SPD108

Moveset:

Reflect
Light Screen
Gyro Ball
Explosion

Comments: I've gotten pretty good at not blowing up on Ghosts. Okay, I lied, I'm still really bad about blowing up on Ghosts. Rotom is a POS. Anyway, I like to switch him in after Aerodactyl lays SR because getting screens up is baller.

---

Problems:

Trick: I still don't understand why Trick gets priority. It says nothing about it in the move description. Maybe I'm retarded.

Swampert: My team has no grass moves. Despite that, Swampert usually isn't too bad. I can deal.

Rotom: Rotom is a lamer who can challenge both of my steel types and can't be hit by Gliscor. I usually sacrifice my 1% Aerodactyl and let Gengar come in and rock his world or Toxistall him with Gliscor. He's still a pain.

Jolteon: Usually comes with HP Ice. Booooooo.

Blissey: Heal Bell + Wish is so irritating. Can't Toxistall or nothin'. Bummer.

---

Anyhoo, that's about it. I'm presuming this topic is gonna get locked like the rest of the idiots making these for their first posts, so loooool.

Trick outpaces you because most Trick leads carry a Choice Scarf as a standard. Making Azelf's good base 115 sky high, thus outspeeding the likes of Aerodactyl. If you wanna beat Trick leads than I suggest that you run one yourself.

You should also run Protect on Gengar instead of Toxic it will help the frail ghoulie live longer.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions. As of right now, your descriptions are lacking and hence, violating rule #3. Try to lengthen them more please. Have a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to see what is expected. Aim for 5 well-formulated sentences for each of your Pokemon. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how it contributes to the success of the team, etc. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes; if they are sufficient enough I will unlock your thread with the edited descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)