SS OU ✦ Dancing team✦ OU

Hi!, this is my firts post (srry for bad english, im spanish lmao)
Ok, this team I did after several modifications to teams of the 7th and some of the 8th that I made when I was bored
The first pokemon is the lead and the "star" of this team... Klefki!
7739ad8aff5a01844c3743e3c4e502db693222e3_00.gif

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

This pokémon has earned my respect as a support, as it can throw screens, paralyze and do a lot of damage to pokes that boosted (Dragapult dd for example) Its role is basically that, put screens, paralyze, thanks to these two things I can take out my sweepers without any problem, boosting and sweeping

volcarona-3.gif

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
Oh yes, Volcarona, the personification of boosting, I take it out in a relatively free turn, with active screens, I throw dances and I hit, I prefer flamethrowers before fiery dance since it allows me to finish better with certain pokes, buzz which is its second movement by stab and gives some coverage and finally psychic, I chose the latter instead of gigadrain due to toxapex, I could not make 0KO with gigradrain if it did not boost me a lot, also this allows me to kill pokemons like Hawlucha, Galarian Zapdos, Blaziken , etc

tumblr_457bc27eb9769a0c7e10ffb7e0132347_58fdba2e_400.gif

Dragapult @ Lum Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch

In short, the same as volcarona, free turn with screens, boosting and sweeping; dd for boosting, dragon darts for main movement, phantom force for fairy pokes (especially for tapu lele) and sucker punch to negate the same

Rillaboom_SS (1).gif

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

I needed something that does not need boosting, rillaboom was my choice, I also use it as revenge killer, grassy glide for obvious things xd, knock off when predicting the change to a fire type or something that is ineffective, drain punch for how much do you know that They are going to take out Heatran and it also gives some sustain, finally u-turn for when I know that I am faster and it is better to change

Toxapex_SM.gif

Yeah! The king of the stall! Toxapex, this bunker (literally) holds very, very well almost everything that is put in front of it, the movements I think need no explanation, his only enemy is Landorus-Therian, for him he is rillaboom, since the attack does not lower me change and their earthquakes don't do me much

images.png

A case similar to toxapex, the special wall by star, the movements are something obvious lmao, his only enemy I would say are the fights, but for them he is dragapult

Okay! This is the team, I am aware of their mistakes, the need for boosting and the deficit due to stealth rock, spikes, etc.
I have thought about changing Dragapult to Specs and take advantage of the thunder waves with hex, but it does not convince me, any suggestions?

The team: https://pokepast.es/29860ed1cd21512e

Last edited:
Hey there! Cool team! Klefki is a mon you don't see often. Here are my improvements!

Major Changes:
:Toxapex: -> :Azumarill:
Toxapex on screens Hyper offense is pointless, since the point of screens hyper offense is to overwelm your opponent with powerful set up mons. So I went with Azumarill. Azumarill is a pokémon that benefits a lot from screens, with the extra bulk it can get of Bellydrums more easily and start sweeping your opponent.

:Blissey: -> :Excadrill:
Like I said before Walls shouldn't be used on screens Hyper offense teams, so I went with Excadrill. Excadrill functions as a suicide lead. Excadrill is able to get up his stealth rocks while denying the opponents rocks thanks to rapid spin. Your team lacks any sort of removal and doesn't feature a hazard setter. So Excadrill fullfills both roles, as SR setter and a removal. You want Rocks on your team so you can pressure your opponent and start chipping there pokémon. It really ads up in damage and you will have a much easier time breaking through the opponents team.

Minor Changes:
:Volcarona:
Modest -> Timid
Timid is preferred so you can outspeed mons under 100 base speed like Hydreigon, Landorus-Therian, Excadrill and Tapu Lele, as well as speed tying with Zapdos-Galar. Also after a boost you don't get revenge killed by Choice Scarfers like Landorus-Therian and Hydreigon, you also speed tie with Scarf Zapdos-Galar.

:Dragapult:
Sucker Punch -> Substitute
Sucker Punch is unnecessary on dragon dance, I'll recommend Substitute! With the Extra bulk from screens you can take Knock off from Toxapex or since your gonna be forcing out switch ins give yourself a one time shield. Helps a lot when trying to set up on defensive mons that would normally wall you or threaten you with status

Set:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

:Rillaboom:
:Choice Band: -> Swords Dance
The point of screens is giving mons the opportunity to set up and destroy the opponent with immense power. So I think SD works better over Cb. Behind screens it can take hits more easily and find more opportunities to set up and start causing havoc on the opponent.

Set:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

:Klefki: Thunder Wave -> Spikes
I prefer Spikes over Thunder Wave because with Spikes you can pressure your opponent even more and start chipping there team even faster. Hazard damage really starts adding up and your Pokémon will have a much easier time breaking through your opponents team.

Optional Major Changes:
:Klefki: -> :Regieleki:
Klefki isn't a great Screens setter since it lacks taunt or rapid spin so the opponent can easily set up Stealth Rocks in front of you. Regieleki fixes this issue. It has both Reflect and Light Screen as well as Rapid spin so you can remove hazards. Regieleki also has Explosion to deal massive damage and get in a teammate safely, it also prevents the opponent from using Defog or Rapid spin on the same turn.

Set:
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

:Excadrill: -> :Landorus-Therian:
If you're going with Regieleki I would switch out Excadrill for Landorus-Therian since you already have a rapid spinner. Landorus-Therian is faster and stronger than Excadrill and also has Stealth Rocks. Landorus-Therian also has Explosion and it can power it up with Swords Dance. Even resists take lot of damage from +2 Explosion.

Set:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Here's the updated version of the team: https://pokepast.es/80f01bdc979f899a I hope the changes do well for you.

And Here's the Regieleki and Landorus-Therian version: https://pokepast.es/5296e2cfb2ca5ac1

I hope you enjoy the teams :)

Hey there! Cool team! Klefki is a mon you don't see often. Here are my improvements!

Major Changes:
:Toxapex: -> :Azumarill:
Toxapex on screens Hyper offense is pointless, since the point of screens hyper offense is to overwelm your opponent with powerful set up mons. So I went with Azumarill. Azumarill is a pokémon that benefits a lot from screens, with the extra bulk it can get of Bellydrums more easily and start sweeping your opponent.

:Blissey: -> :Excadrill:
Like I said before Walls shouldn't be used on screens Hyper offense teams, so I went with Excadrill. Excadrill functions as a suicide lead. Excadrill is able to get up his stealth rocks while denying the opponents rocks thanks to rapid spin. Your team lacks any sort of removal and doesn't feature a hazard setter. So Excadrill fullfills both roles, as SR setter and a removal. You want Rocks on your team so you can pressure your opponent and start chipping there pokémon. It really ads up in damage and you will have a much easier time breaking through the opponents team.

Minor Changes:
:Volcarona:
Modest -> Timid
Timid is preferred so you can outspeed mons under 100 base speed like Hydreigon, Landorus-Therian, Excadrill and Tapu Lele, as well as speed tying with Zapdos-Galar. Also after a boost you don't get revenge killed by Choice Scarfers like Landorus-Therian and Hydreigon, you also speed tie with Scarf Zapdos-Galar.

:Dragapult:
Sucker Punch -> Substitute
Sucker Punch is unnecessary on dragon dance, I'll recommend Substitute! With the Extra bulk from screens you can take Knock off from Toxapex or since your gonna be forcing out switch ins give yourself a one time shield. Helps a lot when trying to set up on defensive mons that would normally wall you or threaten you with status

Set:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

:Rillaboom:
:Choice Band: -> Swords Dance
The point of screens is giving mons the opportunity to set up and destroy the opponent with immense power. So I think SD works better over Cb. Behind screens it can take hits more easily and find more opportunities to set up and start causing havoc on the opponent.

Set:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

:Klefki: Thunder Wave -> Spikes
I prefer Spikes over Thunder Wave because with Spikes you can pressure your opponent even more and start chipping there team even faster. Hazard damage really starts adding up and your Pokémon will have a much easier time breaking through your opponents team.

Optional Major Changes:
:Klefki: -> :Regieleki:
Klefki isn't a great Screens setter since it lacks taunt or rapid spin so the opponent can easily set up Stealth Rocks in front of you. Regieleki fixes this issue. It has both Reflect and Light Screen as well as Rapid spin so you can remove hazards. Regieleki also has Explosion to deal massive damage and get in a teammate safely, it also prevents the opponent from using Defog or Rapid spin on the same turn.

Set:
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

:Excadrill: -> :Landorus-Therian:
If you're going with Regieleki I would switch out Excadrill for Landorus-Therian since you already have a rapid spinner. Landorus-Therian is faster and stronger than Excadrill and also has Stealth Rocks. Landorus-Therian also has Explosion and it can power it up with Swords Dance. Even resists take lot of damage from +2 Explosion.

Set:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Here's the updated version of the team: https://pokepast.es/80f01bdc979f899a I hope the changes do well for you.

And Here's the Regieleki and Landorus-Therian version: https://pokepast.es/5296e2cfb2ca5ac1

I hope you enjoy the teams :)
Ok I tried these improvements and honestly ... I really like it! Especially the addition of azumarill since thanks to the screens and with how bulky it is, it holds up very well almost everything ^ _ ^

I recommend that you replace Volcarona's Flamethrower with Fiery Dance. Fiery Dance has the potential to get stronger the more you use it, which is absolutely worth giving up 10 Base Power and a 10% burn chance for. Plus if the team is all about dancing, it's naturally a better fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)