TheMantyke
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey ! I'd like your Timid Darkrai from Pokemon Platinum.
    Please CMT for it if it is available on Generation 4.
    Hey TheMantyke, mind picking me up if you go to Florida in Jan? I'll pay for gas(yes, I need to hitchhike, to cheap/young to drive myself)
    btw the nugget Bridge version of my store is better, and The Rotom there is from me, but I do have to put more mons in there from me.
    That's fine everyone has their own opinion. The group was is just a place where we chat about regionals, have battles, prepare for regionals, and talk about VGC. I for one do take the group somewhat seriously, but my main focus right now is improving my store. The only amount of effort I really attend in putting in that group is VGC regional/national get-togethers, and the logo, I'm currently hiring Zracknel to do. Other than that the group is symbolism. I wish someone could let the major SG'ers like Pippy, BattleStar, zombachu, PokemonLeagueChamp, and BaldAccountant to get more involved in the forums, I've been doing my best to convince them, but Pippy seems like the only one who actually posts in the forums.
    I understand the trade thread situation, and am currently working on putting my own stuff in there. The clubs, have come and gone.

Team Shedinja "elite VGC players" explanation below.

Team Shedinja actually focuses alot on VGC, such as capture regional/national projects, practice tourneys, and fun VGC tourney's where I give away prizes. About the members in the group, there is one member who I will send you a PM about who should'nt be there at all. He got in after pestering me, which I foolishly gave in. The two latest members were at VGC events in Philadelphia and posted a 4-3 record, which is'nt great, but I made them promise to be very active in the VGC forums, and seek battling 101 VGC help. Some of the members of the group are "elite VGC players" such as nachocheese999, Superpokemon67, voodoo pimp (not recently, but you know), soul_survivor, LPFan, and Pippy whose never actually gone to an event, but placed high in the Autumn Freindly. Everyone else is above average, but Branny00, BattleStar, and TheChortler are in the group because they are some of the original founding members. I created this group so anyone can join, but I stated "elite VGC players" because the group was'nt really meant to teach VGC, just to discuss the competitive aspects of it. If someone does'nt know what Iv's are, then well it saves a lot of time if they were never a member of the group in the first place. I even posted requirements in the group of how members can join, such as having to be extremely knowledgeable or helpful in the VGC forums, or you would've had to have been a member for six months. Also you have to battle a high level member of this group, a prime would be Drifblim.

I agree with your statement about some users obsessing over groups. Perhaps I could've gotten on the right track here sooner, if I did'nt spend my first two months here in the social groups. From what information I'm gathering social group's where once a big part of Smogon about a year ago, is this true?
    The PO problem I've figured out, it's for windows only! And just for some clarity, what do you mean by stranger things?
    Well Mantyke, I see you as an inspiration for me. Just reading your detailed RMT posts, and seeing you earn three badges, that I would love to have. (Team Rater, Moderator, and Community Contributer)

I want to be like you. My first 150 or so posts are'nt the best, and I'm still realatively new to Smogon, but I'm trying my best to work hard, and really make Smogon forums great! So, I appreciate you sharing that thread link with me, it gives me hope.
    also grats on the 4k, would have posted but I haven't thought of anything witty yet
    theoretically speaking would someone who has beaten black 2 be able to transfer the challenge mode key to a noob who hasn't bought the game yet ???
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…