Glen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• okay yeah let's be friends i'd really like that!

Unfortunately, I haven't finished Light yet, but I'm really impressed with it thus far. You're definitely right when you say that M. John Harrison's prose is immaculate: I could quote a lot of things from the novel, but your post covered all of my favorite ones! I've never been so enamored with an author's prose before.

I think you mentioned that you had a few more books that you liked. If you have any recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them whenever you have time.

(on an unrelated note, I lurk the music thread frequently. I started listening to Death Grips in early May or something, and I just got home from school so I'm listening to the new album right now. I'm really impressed with it so far.)
    thanks!! fabulous muscles is my favorite xiu xiu record, but knife play is really nice too

ps i read your 6k thread and i really liked it!

i'm also about one-hundred pages into light, lovely book. while trying to find the page that i was reading, i came across a really nice quote:

editing to say: "Back at the motel, Anna was sitting on the bed naked with her feet tucked up, crying. Ten o'clock in the morning and she had already pinned notes to the doors and walls. Why are you anxious? they said, and: Never do more than you can. They were like beacons for a bad sailor, someone lost even in familiar straits."

i was speechless after that
    ur playing yugioh tournament now, go get it done (u got smootdog and jadecavy, uh jadecavys always on #yugioh on irc so if you get on you can find him easily)
    shit its pretty good

theres some elements of it that kind of limit you from playing a lot at once because your monsters recover energy in real time which makes it work more as an app and to incentivize people to actually spend money, but it has the training/combining elements of standard MR. combat is sorta dumbed down to work with being a phone app but its all just good enough in general, gonna drop a lot of time on this i think
    im still bitter about being banned from their chat room as a middle schooler and now am smug that my site is already bigger and more active than theirs

dicks
    will report back on quality next time i go somewhere and get bored (read: lectures next week)

i was checking monster rancher metropolis for inspiration for a GW2 character name and saw a new game came out and was like HOLY FUCK thought this franchise imploded
    hey, in the top 10 songs thread you posted that superchunk song and i gave it a listen and it was awesome. do you have any other song recommendations similar to that?
    i was just reading my nomination thread, man, so i have an ego apparently? also lol at the "glen-vs-az level conflict" comment. I never really noticed any big conflicts between you two.

man i really hope i never end up in such a type of situation with anyone. say hi to Aoam Bojial and the fishes for me :)
    Just out of Tokyo. I live in Kagawa prefecture, so if you're making a trip out west let me know and I can show you around on any given weekend; I know most of the major cities in the west and we could potentially meet up with Chou Toshio since he lives in Kyoto I think.
    thank you for saying so!

maybe we should make an irc with me you xenu and soot and just type mellifluous poetic sentences late into the night
    i will print it out and read it. you should write a book in all lowercases one day.
    i could have sworn there was some red in there. maybe that was just your ladybug badge.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…