Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

is there a place I can learn about text commands like the spoiler boxes or the blurbs beneath people's posts or how to blur an image so it only reveals if it's clicked?

Ive breed a million clodsire trying to get 0 iv speed to no avail, so im wondering if someone can help me get on?

Turn 1) Gigaton Hammer
Turn 2) Gets paralysed no move
Turn 3) I cant use Gigaton Hammer
Do i need to use a move after gigaton hammer to use it again ?

On a lighter note, can someone help me out with a physically defensive set for a wishpassing Scream Tail under the benefits of grassy terrain?

I love that train so much.
I usually use this phys def set with my scream tails:

Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison/steel/water
EVs: 120 HP / 176 Def / 40 SpD / 172 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Encore
- Dazzling Gleam

Speed evs to speed creep bax and great tusk
I use a more physically defensive tail to help take on stuff like tusk, bax and dragonite better and there are just enough defense evs to provide a proto defense boost under sun.
Hp evs provide 13% recovery from both lefties and grassy terrain respectively.
Tera can be whatever I never really tera this mon.

Hope this set does you good :)

luckie

unluckiest player
Are the sample teams constantly updated? I want to get back into the OU but I'm not sure if the sample teams are up to date with the current meta.

I have a question about the home update. There are rumors that the update is due soon, and with that, we would finally have access to the home locked mons. My questions is about the mons we have tho, more specifically, the ones banned to Ubers. Upon home’s release, will all the mons banned from SV OU ever since the start of the tier be brought back, or are there some mons that the council find unable to fit in the OU meta, even with the Dex expansion?

I have a question about the home update. There are rumors that the update is due soon, and with that, we would finally have access to the home locked mons. My questions is about the mons we have tho, more specifically, the ones banned to Ubers. Upon home’s release, will all the mons banned from SV OU ever since the start of the tier be brought back, or are there some mons that the council find unable to fit in the OU meta, even with the Dex expansion?
There are definitely some mons that are not going to be worth entertaining a retest, primarily the offense facilitators simply because they weren't playing clever in ways that made them tricky, they just busted through answers such that new answers aren't really going to be a thing.

Main no-retest Subjects I expect are Flutter Mane, Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, Palafin, Flutter Mane, and Shed Tail.

I just want some validation on an observation of this meta.

Unless you're running a speficied stall team, a special attacker of some sort is practically mandatory, and the meta is better equipped to handle physical attackers than special.

Corviknight constantly gives my teams trouble, yet I constantly hear how much of a wimp it is in the grand scheme, leading me to realize I need rather simple adjustments.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just want some validation on an observation of this meta.

Unless you're running a speficied stall team, a special attacker of some sort is practically mandatory, and the meta is better equipped to handle physical attackers than special.

Corviknight constantly gives my teams trouble, yet I constantly hear how much of a wimp it is in the grand scheme, leading me to realize I need rather simple adjustments.
For sure if you think about physical walls like Dondozo and Corviknight you need to run some sort of special attacker that can break them.

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are the sample teams constantly updated? I want to get back into the OU but I'm not sure if the sample teams are up to date with the current meta.
They are formidablly updated after any meta changes / bans.

My understanding is some of them will be unbanned, I can't confirm all of them. I also can't claim which ones but that's sort of what's been voiced by the council in the metagame thread.

I've been out of the OU loop for a while. What are good pokemon / shells for a more punish-based playstyle? I find I prefer to play defensive and set the opponent up to make their own mistakes, then taking that inch and stretching it as far as I possibly can... I don't think you can really do something like that in pokemon, though, you need to choose between sustainable defense and heavily punishing offense, cant be greedy and have both :c

awyp

I've been out of the OU loop for a while. What are good pokemon / shells for a more punish-based playstyle? I find I prefer to play defensive and set the opponent up to make their own mistakes, then taking that inch and stretching it as far as I possibly can... I don't think you can really do something like that in pokemon, though, you need to choose between sustainable defense and heavily punishing offense, cant be greedy and have both :c
Anything in OU, I would check out the sample team section / RMT but your question is a bit broad. Defensive playstyles are still popular I would check out some of the RMTs made by juliusfunnel and Highv0ltag3. Offense has been quite popular in SV OU and I think is the more popular playstyle.

You could try one of those trapping sets that are seen every now and then, basically the idea is that some mons like Toxapex ane Garganacl use infestation or block to trap a mon and then beat it 1vs1. Those sets pretty much punish the other player for either over predict a double switch, trying to scout your set before switching or get more damage to force you to recover and then switch safely.

What is the overall opinion of the current OU
Less fast paced than I was lead to believe, but still pretty fast pace. I wasn't around when hyper offense was the main thing, but in my bracket hovering between 1200 and 1500 (give or take), I can make a wacky team making use of Grassy Terrain support and still expect to have a reasonably decent match, where if I lose I can blame my skill as opposed to my team not being up to par.

I was afraid this tier would be rigid with selections, but it's pretty free, you could make Tsareena work if you wanted too.

awyp

What is the overall opinion of the current OU
Competitiveness: It's at a good level, but it will always be lower with Tera in general but it's a pretty fair playing field for the most part. Things like Volcarona and Booster Energy can be overwhelming at times but outside of those issues I'd give it a 7/10

Fun: I think the meta is pretty fun when I am not facing stall, and even if I am (and I have a breaker) it's still extremely fun in this meta. I'd give it a 8/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)