BP's Official People's Moderator of 2023 Campaign Thread

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon

Picsart_22-12-05_17-48-21-946.jpg

Posting and Prosperity
My fellow peoples of Smogoff.

It is truly an honor to be speaking to you all at this moment and I pray that it finds you well. The fact I am here tonight is a testament to the love and respect I have for posters. Posters who believed so fiercely in the promise of shitposting, trolling and reacts for all. These posters fought so fiercely for what they believed in without the promise of badges or CTs. This is the true embodiment of what it means to be a poster. It is this defintion that has always set this subforum apart—that through funny posts and well threads, each of us can pursue our individual threads but still come together as one Smogoff family.

We meet here at a defining moment in smogoffs history. No Post November has just ended, the react economy is in shambles after Big Wheel drained posters of their reacts, and the posters podcast has still not returned. The belief has been to give more and more to the those with the most and hope that reacts trickle down to everyone else. I say to the posters of smogoff, enough. This election is our chance to truly keep the smogoff promise alive.

And so I have come here to announce my bid to obtain the prestigious and most honorable position of people's moderator. I call out to all posters, lurkers, and people of the greater Smogon forum to join me in the fight to keep the spirit of posting alive.

Picsart_22-12-05_18-47-11-956.jpg

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
I'll vote for you if you write another ADV analysis, get it GPed, and the team doesn't come for your neck.
I actually popped in and asked to do camerupt for ADV OU but obviously it's niche isn't viable enough to warrant an analysis. I do however plan on writing for a different ADV Meta if / when it gets introduced to the smog dex.

What's your tax policy?
It is my belief that posters should not be judged on what is underneath their Username but instead by the content of their posts. With this in mind I plan to give out more reacts to posters who are truly deserving of them. I'd like to thank shadowpea and the react queen BIG ASHLEY for doing such a great job of this in the past.

BIG ASHLEY

and boom goes the brainbox
is a Community Contributor
if elected, what will you do to deal with the increasingly aggressive and expansionist rogue state calling itself "cong"? this year alone we have seen it annexe the sports subforum with little to no response from the interforumal community*. this job isn't all fun and games - will you take decisive action? or will you sit back and let dave, myzozoa, et al continue to act unchecked?

(*i, ofc, took several anti-cong measures in the name of smogoff, but no other forum did...)

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
if elected, what will you do to deal with the increasingly aggressive and expansionist rogue state calling itself "cong"? this year alone we have seen it annexe the sports subforum with little to no response from the interforumal community*. this job isn't all fun and games - will you take decisive action? or will you sit back and let dave, myzozoa, et al continue to act unchecked?

(*i, ofc, took several anti-cong measures in the name of smogoff, but no other forum did...)
First and foremost I'd like to thank you for your question. It is a great honor to have the current people's moderator at my table.

Cong is currently on my backburner at the moment as I would like to focus on our homeland before dipping my feet into foreign affairs. However I do have a plan of action.

I believe the first and most important thing is to acknowledge Cong as the warmongering faction it is with its most recent annexation of the sports arena and its absurd amount of infighting. I do not believe taking aggressive action is the key as I would like to protect the numerous amount of nuerodivervent cong users.

I believe that once we call attention to the issue at hand we can work together to solve the issue as one social subforums community.

Thank you,
BP

how do you intend to bounce back from your history of outrage and toxic culture? we need someone that can tackle the increase in crime and foul play. otherwise, you're no different than the last thief that got strung on their power trip and whose head belongs on a guillotine.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
how do you intend to bounce back from your history of outrage and toxic culture? we need someone that can tackle the increase in crime and foul play. otherwise, you're no different than the last thief that got strung on their power trip and whose head belongs on a guillotine.
Faint,

I have had my fair share of infractions. These infractions are not just limited to smogoff but are site wide. I believe honesty and transparency are crucial qualities. This is why I refuse to hide my past errors from the posters of Smogoff. Infractions are meant to be learning experiences and tools meant to build better posters. I believe that my many past infractions have led me here today. My posting career truly began when internet gave me my first lurk more infraction before the inception of smogoff. For that I thank them.

From poster to poster,
BP

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
you mentioned that the concept of 'trolling' is important to you as a Poster, for the sake of the Posting community. however, some Posting circles (both within and without our fair subforum) have introduced the concept of 'trolling' as an outdated notion from a crueler online age. still others believe that trolling should be far softer than that of our 4channing fathers, whlie still a present method to Post. how will you take Posting into the modern age as a People's Moderator in this respect?

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
you mentioned that the concept of 'trolling' is important to you as a Poster, for the sake of the Posting community. however, some Posting circles (both within and without our fair subforum) have introduced the concept of 'trolling' as an outdated notion from a crueler online age. still others believe that trolling should be far softer than that of our 4channing fathers, whlie still a present method to Post. how will you take Posting into the modern age as a People's Moderator in this respect?
Ullar,

Trolling has been a founding piece on forums, chat rooms, and messages boards since their inception. Trolling is never outdated it just simply takes different forms. A poster must never forget their roots. Those roots could be shitposting, trolling, or effort posting. It all remains the same.

If you look below in the hide tag. I have given an example of a prime form of new age trolling. Another prime example is when brightobject asked about an album from an artist who shall not be named and trolled everyone for a few weeks.

a53.jpeg

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day BP. You mention here that you feel that "random badged users decide to post subpar shit in smogoff and then act like they're just another poster deserving of posters paradise." Do you stand by these offensive remarks?

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Good day BP. You mention here that you feel that "random badged users decide to post subpar shit in smogoff and then act like they're just another poster deserving of posters paradise." Do you stand by these offensive remarks?
Aqau Jet,

I am against sub par posting by badged users. It's a known phenomenon that badged posters get more reacts on their posts. This means they do not have to be clever, funny, or put in as much effort as your average poster. This brings down the react economy as those with fancy names stay on top. If given the prestigious role of people's moderator I will ensure that the every day poster is not left behind. I will ensure that every poster finds their paradise.

Your Pal,
BP

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Aqau Jet,

I am against sub par posting by badged users. It's a known phenomenon that badged posters get more reacts on their posts. This means they do not have to be clever, funny, or put in as much effort as your average poster. This brings down the react economy as those with fancy names stay on top. If given the prestigious role of people's moderator I will ensure that the every day poster is not left behind. I will ensure that every poster finds their paradise.

Your Pal,
BP
lol

Ducky

Aw Phooey
Aqau Jet,

Your Pal,
BP
Just checking in to see if I can vote against Sulo now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)