Pet Mod Missing Links (Flavor Slates)

Machamp: Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze, The Damned
Mankey Part II: Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze, Revenge of Depressed Gay
Politoed: The Damned, Yoshiblaze, Eris250

My votes feel a bit samey (and selfish) this time, but here they are all the same before I forget again:

Machamp-Mega: Yoshiblaze, The Damned, Gravity Monkey
Mankey-Galar and ????: Yoshiblaze, The Damned, Revenge of Depressed Gay*
Politoed Parity: Yoshiblaze, The Damned, かたわれ時

*I'm assuming that "Sturdy Rock" in Macalpe's abilities is just a typo of Solid Rock rather than a new ability.

Voting is over!
Machamp
Yoshiblaze - 3 + 2 + 3 = 8

The Damned - 2 + 1 + 2 = 5
Gravity Monkey - 1 + 3 + 1 = 5

Mankey
Gravity Monkey - 3 + 3 = 6
Yoshiblaze - 2 + 2 + 3 = 7
Revenge of Depressed Gay - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
The Damned - 2 = 2

Politoed
The Damned - 2 + 3 + 2 = 7

Eris250 - 1 + 1 = 2
Yoshiblaze - 2 + 3 = 5
かたわれ時 - 1 = 1

Winners

:sm/machamp:
Pokémon: Machamp
Link: Mega Evolution
Name of the Mega: Mega Machamp
Name of the Mega Stone: Machampite
Type:

Ability: Technician
Stats: 90 / 160 (+30) / 115 (+35) / 65 / 130 (+45) / 45 (-10) (605 BST)
Added Moves: Mach Punch, Force Palm, Laser Focus, Flame Wheel, Storm Throw, Circle Throw
Weight: 250 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, Machamp grows two more arms, with these appearing under the previous two bottom arms, and overall gets much, MUCH more jacked, with muscles that any bodybuilder would kill for. However, despite its hulking appearance, Mega Machamp becomes more precise with its punches and strikes, being able to bring hit the opponent with just enough energy in order to cause just the right amount of damage. Thus, Mega Machamps are quite popular at martial arts showcases and often win Tough Contests in the Hoenn Region.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Mega Machamp's great 90/115/130 bulk, Technician, and great new tools in Mach Punch, Circle Throw, and Storm Throw at come together to make Machamp a great tank. Thanks to Technician, Storm Throw becomes an ultra powerful 135 BP STAB move that ignores Defense boosts, Mach Punch is a nice high powered STAB priority, which is never not appreciated, and Circle Throw lets Machamp phaze out sweepers while dealing a good deal of damage. Plus, Macham has some good coverage moves boosted by Technician, like Payback, Rock Tomb, Flame Wheel, and even Rock Blast if you're feeling lucky.
:sm/mankey:
Pokémon: Mankey
Link: Regional Form
New Regional Form Name: Mankey-Galar
Type:

Abilities: Vital Spirit / Prankster / Defiant
Stats: 50 / 60 / 45 / 35 / 70 / 45 (305 BST)
Added Moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Charm, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Sweet Kiss, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Psychic, Pain Split, Foul Play, Torment, Throat Chop, Misty Terrain, Fake Tears, Knock Off
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Detect, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Gunk Shot, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Dual Chop, Final Gambit, Foresight, Iron Tail, Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Reversal, Skull Bash, Smelling Salts, Submission, Vacuum Wave, Rain Dance, Meditate
Weight: 56 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Galarian Mankeys are rare, living in and around caves in the Galar Region, but when humans do come into contact with them, they'll quickly learn just how devious these Pokémon can be. Galarian Mankeys love to have fun and that often means playing pranks on whatever unfortunate human decides to get close them. Thus, Galarian Mankeys will either be very nice to a human or extremely mean-spirited, whatever amuses them. Galarian Mankeys also seem to love sunlight, basking in it by day and retreating to their caves by night.
Based on elves and trolls, which have a strong connection to the Sun in Norse Mythology. Norse Mythology mirrors how Meowth-G's inspiration comes from the Norse Vikings and Norse Mythology.
Competitive Overview (Optional): While it has a very unique movepool and a great ability in Prankster with a good pure Fairy-typing, Galarian Mankey probably wouldn't be too great due to its low stats, particularly its low physical bulk, though I'm sure you can make a Bulk Up or Prankster TWave set work

Pokémon: Mankey-Galar
Link: Evolution
New Evolution Name: Primötunn (Prime + Jötunn, which is a Norse word that can describe an elf or dwarf)
Type:

Abilities: Wonder Skin / Prankster / Bask* - Dry Skin clone, heals in Sun + Fire immunity, hurts in Rain + Water weakness
Stats: 80 / 90 / 65 / 50 / 100 / 70 (455 BST)
Added Moves: Close Combat, Throat Chop, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball, Stone Edge, High Horsepower, Magic Room, Power Swap, Trick, Extrasensory, Hex, Spirit Break, Iron Head, Lash Out
Weight: 64 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): If you thought the antics of Galarian Mankeys were bad, you were in for the time of your life when you ran into a Primötunn looking to play. There has been many reports of Primötunn near Turfield ruining farmland and stealing food, sometimes for survival, but often times just for the fun of it, refusing to stop until the affected farmer does something amusing for them or something to that effect. Primötunn are also much more skilled at toying with humans than their prevolutions, being able to use basic magic to create illusions or more easily steal precious items. However, if tamed and raised well, a Primötunn can became a man's best friend with their fun loving attitudes.
Competitive Overview (Optional): With Prankster, Primötunn can use Prankster + Bulk Up in order to set up and make itself bulkier before the opponent can abuse its poor physical bulk and then try to sweep with its good Fairy/Ground or Fire coverage and keep itself healthy with Moonlight. It can also act as a straight up pivot with U-Turn thanks to its utility options in Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Taunt, and Encore. Also, it has Prankster Trick to cripple walls and sweepers alike by making them hold a Choice Band or Lagging Tail, which is never not fun

Pokémon: Politoed
Link: Base Stat Total Change
Stats: 100 HP / 075 Atk / 075 Def / 090 SpA / 100 SpD / 070 Spe (+10 HP)
Justification: I've always been a fan of anything that can make 101 Subs, and that just seems like an interesting new capacity, especially since Politoed gets already Encore to further grief certain mons--*cough*Blissey*cough*. It also helps it even in lower tiers where it's not directly competing against zero-to-hero kid Pelipper, though it does generally help it survive Electric attacks and other non-Flying-resisted attacks to the fact better than Pelipper does.
Congratulations to myself and The Damned for winning!

-

Now, for this slate and the next slate, we have something a little special!

Slate 7: Battle Bonds! (and Taillow)
:sm/chesnaught:->:sm/greninja::sm/greninja-ash:
Chesnaught -> Greninja
Missing Link
: Battle Bond Form
- The Battle Bond form must have a BST of 640
- The form must be a primary Grass-type
- Battle Bond forms use the "Alternate Forms" template
- Try to keep the Battle Bonded move simple, since it'll likely be the hardest thing in the whole mod to code

:sm/delphox:->:sm/greninja::sm/greninja-ash:
Delphox -> Greninja
Missing Link
: Battle Bond Form
- The Battle Bond form must have a BST of 644
- The form must be a primary Fire-type
- Battle Bond forms use the "Alternate Forms" template
- Try to keep the Battle Bonded move simple, since it'll likely be the hardest thing in the whole mod to code

:sm/taillow::sm/swellow:->:sm/wingull::sm/pelipper:
Taillow line -> Wingull line
Missing Link
: Secondary Ability
- Swellow does not have to have the same new ability as Taillow
- Taillow and Swellow must retain their existing abilities of Guts and Scrappy

Submissions will close in about 4 days​

Last edited:
chesnaught.gif

Pokémon: Chesnaught
Link: Bond Phenomenon
Name of the Form: Chesnaught-Steel
Type: Grass/Fighting
Abilities: Overgrow / Battle Bond, Bulletproof
Stats: 88/137/152/75/125/64
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield (Now deals 1/4 damage when hit by a contact move)
Weight: 210.0 kg
Flavor/Design: The only significant person to have a Chesnaught as an Ace is Millis Steel, from the Diancie movie. So this is based off her Chesnaught, which also happens to have Spiky Shield.
Competitive Overview: It is a really great wall, with 88/152/125 defenses. It also helps punish physical attackers even more by forcing most of them to take 1/4 of their max HP, since a lot of physical moves make contact.

delphox.gif

Pokémon: Delphox
Name of the Form: Delphox-Aria
Type: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Blaze / Battle Bond, Magician
Stats: 75/69/102/149/115/124
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire (Hits twice at 40 BP, drops SpA once per hit [2 total])
Weight: 39.0 kg
Flavor/Design: This is based off of Aria's Delphox. It is mentioned that one needs a close bond with their Pokemon to make a great Pokevision video, which they do. Looks very similar to Delphox but dressed up.
Competitive Overview: Fast Special Attacker. With Mystical Fire's new effect, and decent 115 SpD, it can take on a lot of Special Attackers. Its new typing also helps it a lot.

Attachments

Last edited:
Quick let's get my sub for Mega Delphox --

:delphox:
Name of the Form: Serena-Delphox
Type:

Abilities: Blaze | Magician | Battle Bond
Stats: 75 | 69 | 72 | 114 | 100 | 104 --> 75 | 69 | 72 | 164 (+50) | 154 (+50) | 114 (+10) (BST: 644)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire BP: 75 --> 100
Weight: 39.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): I just stole my submission from Megas For All.
Competitive Overview (Optional):
Massive Special Attack and Special Defense makes for a steamroller of a Pokemon. Combined with good Speed and you’ve got an absolute beast. It also has good coverage in Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball and dual STAB. Unfortunately, it’s reliance on Solar Beam to cover its common weaknesses and frail physical defenses forces it to rely on team support to reliably function.

:chesnaught:
Name of the Form: Clemont-Chesnaught
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow | Bulletproof | Battle Bond
Stats: 88 | 107 | 122 | 74 | 75 | 64 --> 88 | 157 (+50) | 172 (+50) | 74 | 75 | 74 (+10) (BST: 640)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield: Pokemon that contact the shield lose 1/4 HP, up from 1/8.
Weight: 90.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional):
Competitive Overview (Optional): Yes I know Clemont's Chespin didn't evolve, but let's ignore that shall we?
Massive Attack and Defense makes for a steamroller of a Pokemon. Combined with a powerful defensive option and this Pokemon can be both an awesome physical wall and a powerful breaker. The weaknesses however are stark: not only does it suffer from a myriad of weaknesses, but it has severe 4MSS, meaning it can't cover all of its weaknesses at once. This is further affected by its lower Special Defense and Speed, and forces it to rely on team support to be effective. Nevertheless, Clemont-Chesnaught is a powerful breaker with the capability to be a true nightmare for any opponent.

Last edited:

Link: Battle Bond
Name of the Form: Chesnaught-Millis
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof / Battle Bond
Stats: 88 HP / 147 Atk / 172 Def / 84 SpA / 85 SpD / 64 Spe (+40 Atk, +50 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD)
Battle Bonded Move: Wood Hammer - no more recoil
Weight: 110 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Chesnaught-Millis develops black hair on its head, some of which curls up in front of its eyes to resemble Millis' glasses.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Chesnaught-Millis gains large boosts to Attack and Defense, making it a tough physical tank that hits hard too. Recoil-less STAB Wood Hammer becomes very spammable, allowing it to run Choice Band sets as a physical wallbreaker with other options like Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Drain Punch, and Poison Jab. It can possibly set up with Swords Dance or Belly Drum too. Shouldn't be broken as it remains slow, Grass isn't a great offensive type to spam, and its lower special bulk is exploitable.

Type:

Abilities: Blaze / Magician / Battle Bond
Stats: 75 HP / 69 Atk / 82 Def / 154 SpA / 150 SpD / 114 Spe (+10 Def, +40 SpA, +50 SpD, +10 Spe)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire - added 30% chance to burn
Weight: 49 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Delphox-Aria grows an extra tuft of fur between its ears resembling a bow, and its ear fur curls downward to resemble Aria's hair style.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Delphox-Aria becomes a fearsome special wallbreaker and tank with its large boosts to Special Attack and Special Defense. A small but important Speed boost greatly improves its speed tier. Mystical Fire gains a Scald-like 30% burn chance, weakening physical attackers that would exploit its low physical bulk while the Special Attack drop weakens special attackers. Besides its main STAB options in Fire Blast, Mystical Fire, and Psyshock/Psychic, Delphox can potentially also run moves like Future Sight, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, Trick, and Flame Charge. Shouldn't be broken as it is somewhat lacking in offensive coverage, its physical bulk is exploitable if it doesn't burn its opponent, and its Stealth Rock weakness forces it to choose between Heavy Duty Boots and a Choice item.

Last edited:
:ss/Taillow:
Pokémon: Taillow
Link: Second Ability
Abilities: Guts / Big Pecks/ Scrappy
Justification: Look at this lil bird, standing tall like he's the boss round here. Fits him perfectly, he's the big pecks.

:ss/Swellow:
Pokémon: Swellow
Link: New Ability
Abilities: Guts / Aerilate, Scrappy
Justification: This ability may sound a bit counterintuitive, since it loses access to one of its STABs. However, it gives it a huge boost to its special side, since it can now use 168 BP Boomburst. This may sound a bit crazy, but Swellow still has that low base 75 SpA. Also, in their sprites, Swellow is shown flying while Taillow isn't.

(Me and Double Iron Bash agreed to mash submissions with taillow line.)

:ss/Delphox:
Name of Pokémon: Delphox-Serena
Abilities: Blaze/Magician/Battle Bond
Stats: 72/85/75/134/120/136
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire (now guarantees burns alongside original effect.)
Weight: 32 kg
Flavor/Design: Dlephox lose its disgusting ear hair revealing the huge energy radiating from it, powering it up and making it nimbler.
The rest of colors are regular colors since I edited an og drawing and I am not a great digital artist as you can see and I was in a rush but here.
Untitled32_20210623081509.png
Competitive Overview: Fast burn spreader with good spdef letting it be a fast tank of sorts and can run a calm mind set.

:ss/Chesnaught:
Name of Pokémon: Chesnaught-Millis
Abilities: Overgrow/Bullet Proof/Battle Bond
Stats: 88/127/152/74/100/96
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Sheild (Increases defense by 1 stage alongside original effect.)
Weight: 95 kg
Flavor/Design: Chesnaughts sheild on it back because a handheld one so its back becomes straight and it holds a spiky sheild. Its sheild bearing arm grows larger to be able to hold it fimrly. Also grows a black fur helmet to replicate millis' hair.
Competitive Overview: So bassiccaly this is a really really difficult mon to kill on the physical side and provides nice spikes stacking and isn't passive with a good speed teir. So I'm making the next ash greninja lol. But slower bulky and physical.

Last edited:
Congrats to Yoshiblaze for (also) winning. I am surprised my Politoed won. Huh.

Anyway, this was easily the most difficult one yet due to not caring (read: actively disliking) Battle Bond, but I still figured I would do it since I wanted to do something this week. I may change one of these a bit, but I doubt it.

Type:
/

Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof (hidden ability) + Battle Bond
Stats: 088 HP / 151 Atk / 142 Def / 074 SpA / 104 SpD / 081 Spe (+00 HP / +44 Atk / +20 Def / +00 SpA / +29 SpD / +17 Spe = +110 BST)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield - In addition to its normal function and restrictions, in Battle Bond form this move sets a layer of Spikes on the opposing side of the field.
Weight: 198.4 lbs | 90.0 kg [the same weight as base Chesnaught since Greninja doesn't seem to gain (or lose) weight when it changes into its (overpowered) Battle Bond form]
Flavor/Design: No mock Pokédex entries this time since I know basically nothing at this point about the cartoon zombie that is the Pokémon anime outside of it still being centered around Ash the Undying of Neverland. So I was completely dependent upon Bulbapedia for character info for these two Battle Bond forms. I quickly decided that I would just make both of my Battle Bond forms based around the first instance of the mon in question that actually used the Battle Bonded move. For Chesnaught, that trainer was apparently Millis Steel of the one of the too many movies.

There doesn't seem to have any special use of Spiky Shield in said movie since it apparently proved to be somewhat...underwhelming as a defensive option against apparent actual villain of that movie. That's part of why I made my version of it more proactive in the Battle Bond form, especially since it helps Chesnaught cut down on its 4MSS a bit, and like Delphox, Chesnaught needs all the help it can get, at least if it's going to compete with Greninja.

As far as Battle Bond form appearance, it would definitely have more spikes and maybe have its feet become more tread-like or whatever to make it slightly quicker, but otherwise, I can't see it changing much visually. It's not like Greninja's Battle Bond form changes it that much beyond the huge, watery shuriken on its back.

Competitive Overview: As said above, the new Spiky Shield would help Chesnaught cut down on 4MSS a significant amount, though it would still have to worry about that somewhat because Grass/Fighting is rather middling coverage despite how good Fighting is--thanks shared Bug, Flying, and Poison resists. Chesnaught also has the significant problem of getting into Battle Bond form in the first place with its rather poor speed and STAB combination due to needing to directly KO another mon, which...isn't great.

Once there, however, I think it would actually be rather decent given it would be the only mon that can be defensive and scout for most attacks--keep it away from Z-Moves and Max Moves--while also applying pressure with Spikes. The boost in Speed still isn't enough to outrun a number of things that can still blow up its Battle Form form unfortunately, even with all of the added bulk, due to weaknesses, especially that quad weakness to Flying. I would have added more bulk, but it needed at least 39+ Atk just to outdo Ash-Greninja's stupid attack boost, so here we are. At least it's a Battle Bond form that still gains enough Speed to punch a number of previously problematic things in the face into unconsciousness as well as speed tie Gyarados (and Milotic) while causing physical mons without Flying attacks grief and still having Drain Punch, Leech Seed, and Synthesis for recovery--just now with "free" Spikes.

Type:
/

Abilities: Blaze / Magician (hidden ability) + Battle Bond
Stats: 075 HP / 074 Atk / 084 Def / 143 SpA / 124 SpD / 144 Spe (+00 HP / +05 Atk / +12 Def / +29 SpA / +24 SpD / +40 Spe = +110 BST)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire - In addition to dropping Special Attack, it cannot miss and removes the target's Psychic-type immunity as long it stays in ala Miracle Eye; this move's BP remains the same.
Weight: 86.0 lbs | 39.0 kg [base Delphox's weight, for the same reason as Chesnaught]
Flavor/Design: Much like Chesnaught, I was basically dependent upon Bulbapedia to learn about anything related to this mon in the anime and went with the first instance of that mon there. In the case of Delphox, it was the far less spoiler-prone Aria's Delphox, which this mon would basically copy its visual design from as seen in the Master Class picture (currently) shown at the right bottom of that page.

There's really not much more to say about this one except that unlike with my Chesnaught, I worry about this Delphox's Battle Bond form--a lot. Granted, part of that may just be my indifference to Delphox compared to actually liking Chesnaught. For me, my feelings towards the Gen VI starters are easily summed up: Chesnaught > Delphox > getting pepper sprayed > Greninja.

(Oh. I guess I will say here that I went out of my way to make every changed stat have at least one 4 in it just because that's an ominous number in a lot of East Asian cultures, including Japanese culture. It felt appropriate given my Delphox-Mega design was also based off all this talk of seeing the future and Delphox taking inspiration from oracles.)

Competitive Overview: Given how blazing fast this Delphox-Aria is and how hard it can hit in addition to still getting to use an item unlike Megas and unfortunately already having Calm Mind, this thing would be very strong, perhaps problematically so. That's in part good because of Delphox weirdly being the Gen VI starter that could easily use the most help in due to its typing despite its higher speed and fewer weaknesses than Chesnaught. It's also in large part bad, however, just because of how much faster Delphox already was than that as well as all of the Psychic Terrain already running in OU still. The same Psychic Terrain which somewhat negates the weakness of its still low defense. Delphox also already had pretty good coverage despite its issues and can now negate its weakness to hazards via Boots, in addition to likely having a much easier time getting into Battle Bond form than Chesnaught.

It says a lot that I still worry about this despite dumping a few points into Def and even Atk just to "waste" them and despite making sure this Delphox-Aria was still slower than the 150 Speed tier, never mind the 145 Speed tier; Beedrill-Mega tries as hard as he can you guys, so let's give him a break. I even changed (read: weakened) the effect of the Battle Bonded move twice just to get to what (read: the completely different thing) it is now. Said weakened effect on Mystical Fire somehow still feels a bit "abusive" even though Delphox already gets Dazzling Gleam and stronger Fire attacks to punish most of the Dark mons you would find being used anyway. Mystical Fire-Aria at least could do something interesting by encouraging usage of Future Sight on Delphox I suppose without needing to necessarily rely on a different mon on the team to punish Dark types, though it's not like it's difficult to stick a Fighting or Fairy mon or even just a mon with a strong U-Turn on a team either (unfortunately).

Shrug. This Delphox-Aria is the best and most "balanced" Battle Bond form I've got for Delphox personally.

Pokémon: Taillow & Swellow
Abilities: Guts / Competitive (new ability) / Scrappy (hidden ability)
Justification: I was going to give these two a more defensive ability that fit better with some of their Pokédex entries, but short of Magic Guard, which can't be justified and is rather overpowered, a defensive ability wouldn't really help Taillow or Swellow that much anyway. So I decided to go with Competitive, which leans into its Boomburst niche and lines up pretty well with its hidden ability of Scrappy. It actually even compliments Scrappy rather well without either obviating the other by allowing you to mind game them before you reveal either Competitive with Boots or Scrappy with Specs (or Scrappy with Boots or, if you're a mad person, Competitive with Specs).

Also I guess, as far as Pokédex entries go, you could still justify it via being competitive about cleaning, as silly as that sounds. Amusingly, I decided on Competitive in the first place just by looking up symbolism for swallow birds, seeing that apparently they're linked to "hope", and seeing that Competitive is technically "Determined Spirit" in Japanese. Who knew?

P.S. The New Ability form still talks about "Battle Bond" in the OP as it has from the beginning by accident. Just figured I would finally mention it since we're actually doing Battle Bond now separately.

Ema Skye

Work!
Name of the Form: Chesnaught-Clement
Abilities: Overgrow, Bulletproof + Battle Bond
Stats: 88 / 147 / 162 / 74 / 105 / 64 (+40 Atk, +40 Def, +30 SpD)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield. If the foe attacks the shield, sets a layer of spikes. Fails if 3 spikes are up already.
Weight: 90kg
Competitive Overview (Optional): Tanky mon that provides another avenue to setting up hazards.

Name of the Form: Delphox-Serena
Type: Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Blaze, Magician + Battle Bond
Stats: 75 / 69 / 72 / 154 / 130 / 134 (+40 SpA, +30 SpD, +30 Spe)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire. Now behaves as a Fire-type Future Sight.
Weight: 39 kg
Competitive Overview (Optional): Wallbreaker that supports the many Pokemon that struggle with Steels.

24 hour warning!

:sm/taillow:
Abilities: Guts / Merciless / Scrappy
Justification: Guts and Scrappy are perfectly fine abilities for Swellow as of now and, if I were to sub a better ability, it's already been subbed, so I'll just go for this more out there idea. It admittedly doesn't make too much flavor sense, but it could be really fun competitively to stick Swellow on a team that abuses TSpikes and let its Boombursts hit that much harder against switch-ins. It's a gimmick and a half and probably not better than Scrappy, but it should really fun nonetheless

Voting has started!

Voting will follow a weighted-points system, where you vote for up to 3 submissions in each category. Each sub you vote for earns a certain number of points depending on their position. The submission with the most points wins that category. You can vote yourself, but never as your most preferred option

Example -
If you vote for 3 things -
Taillow: Most preferred option (gets 3 points), Second most preferred option (gets 2 points), 3rd most preferred option (gets 1 point)

If you vote for 2 things -
Taillow: Most preferred option (gets 2 points), Second most preferred option (gets 1 points)

If you vote for 1 thing -
Taillow: Most preferred option (gets 1 point)

Voting Options
chesnaught.gif

Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield (Now deals 1/4 damage when hit by a contact move)
Flavor/Design: The only significant person to have a Chesnaught as an Ace is Millis Steel, from the Diancie movie. So this is based off her Chesnaught, which also happens to have Spiky Shield.
Competitive Overview: It is a really great wall, with 88/152/125 defenses. It also helps punish physical attackers even more by forcing most of them to take 1/4 of their max HP, since a lot of physical moves make contact.
:chesnaught:
Name of the Form: Clemont-Chesnaught
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow | Bulletproof | Battle Bond
Stats: 88 | 107 | 122 | 74 | 75 | 64 --> 88 | 157 (+50) | 172 (+50) | 74 | 75 | 74 (+10) (BST: 640)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield: Pokemon that contact the shield lose 1/4 HP, up from 1/8.
Weight: 90.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional):
Competitive Overview (Optional): Yes I know Clemont's Chespin didn't evolve, but let's ignore that shall we?
Massive Attack and Defense makes for a steamroller of a Pokemon. Combined with a powerful defensive option and this Pokemon can be both an awesome physical wall and a powerful breaker. The weaknesses however are stark: not only does it suffer from a myriad of weaknesses, but it has severe 4MSS, meaning it can't cover all of its weaknesses at once. This is further affected by its lower Special Defense and Speed, and forces it to rely on team support to be effective. Nevertheless, Clemont-Chesnaught is a powerful breaker with the capability to be a true nightmare for any opponent.

Type:

Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof / Battle Bond
Stats: 88 HP / 147 Atk / 172 Def / 84 SpA / 85 SpD / 64 Spe (+40 Atk, +50 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD)
Battle Bonded Move: Wood Hammer - no more recoil
Weight: 110 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Chesnaught-Millis develops black hair on its head, some of which curls up in front of its eyes to resemble Millis' glasses.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Chesnaught-Millis gains large boosts to Attack and Defense, making it a tough physical tank that hits hard too. Recoil-less STAB Wood Hammer becomes very spammable, allowing it to run Choice Band sets as a physical wallbreaker with other options like Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Drain Punch, and Poison Jab. It can possibly set up with Swords Dance or Belly Drum too. Shouldn't be broken as it remains slow, Grass isn't a great offensive type to spam, and its lower special bulk is exploitable.
:ss/Chesnaught:
Name of Pokémon: Chesnaught-Millis
Abilities: Overgrow/Bullet Proof/Battle Bond
Stats: 88/127/152/74/100/96
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Sheild (Increases defense by 1 stage alongside original effect.)
Weight: 95 kg
Flavor/Design: Chesnaughts sheild on it back because a handheld one so its back becomes straight and it holds a spiky sheild. Its sheild bearing arm grows larger to be able to hold it fimrly. Also grows a black fur helmet to replicate millis' hair.
Competitive Overview: So bassiccaly this is a really really difficult mon to kill on the physical side and provides nice spikes stacking and isn't passive with a good speed teir. So I'm making the next ash greninja lol. But slower bulky and physical.

Type:
/

Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof (hidden ability) + Battle Bond
Stats: 088 HP / 151 Atk / 142 Def / 074 SpA / 104 SpD / 081 Spe (+00 HP / +44 Atk / +20 Def / +00 SpA / +29 SpD / +17 Spe = +110 BST)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield - In addition to its normal function and restrictions, in Battle Bond form this move sets a layer of Spikes on the opposing side of the field.
Weight: 198.4 lbs | 90.0 kg [the same weight as base Chesnaught since Greninja doesn't seem to gain (or lose) weight when it changes into its (overpowered) Battle Bond form]
Flavor/Design: No mock Pokédex entries this time since I know basically nothing at this point about the cartoon zombie that is the Pokémon anime outside of it still being centered around Ash the Undying of Neverland. So I was completely dependent upon Bulbapedia for character info for these two Battle Bond forms. I quickly decided that I would just make both of my Battle Bond forms based around the first instance of the mon in question that actually used the Battle Bonded move. For Chesnaught, that trainer was apparently Millis Steel of the one of the too many movies.

There doesn't seem to have any special use of Spiky Shield in said movie since it apparently proved to be somewhat...underwhelming as a defensive option against apparent actual villain of that movie. That's part of why I made my version of it more proactive in the Battle Bond form, especially since it helps Chesnaught cut down on its 4MSS a bit, and like Delphox, Chesnaught needs all the help it can get, at least if it's going to compete with Greninja.

As far as Battle Bond form appearance, it would definitely have more spikes and maybe have its feet become more tread-like or whatever to make it slightly quicker, but otherwise, I can't see it changing much visually. It's not like Greninja's Battle Bond form changes it that much beyond the huge, watery shuriken on its back.

Competitive Overview: As said above, the new Spiky Shield would help Chesnaught cut down on 4MSS a significant amount, though it would still have to worry about that somewhat because Grass/Fighting is rather middling coverage despite how good Fighting is--thanks shared Bug, Flying, and Poison resists. Chesnaught also has the significant problem of getting into Battle Bond form in the first place with its rather poor speed and STAB combination due to needing to directly KO another mon, which...isn't great.

Once there, however, I think it would actually be rather decent given it would be the only mon that can be defensive and scout for most attacks--keep it away from Z-Moves and Max Moves--while also applying pressure with Spikes. The boost in Speed still isn't enough to outrun a number of things that can still blow up its Battle Form form unfortunately, even with all of the added bulk, due to weaknesses, especially that quad weakness to Flying. I would have added more bulk, but it needed at least 39+ Atk just to outdo Ash-Greninja's stupid attack boost, so here we are. At least it's a Battle Bond form that still gains enough Speed to punch a number of previously problematic things in the face into unconsciousness as well as speed tie Gyarados (and Milotic) while causing physical mons without Flying attacks grief and still having Drain Punch, Leech Seed, and Synthesis for recovery--just now with "free" Spikes.
Name of the Form: Chesnaught-Clement
Abilities: Overgrow, Bulletproof + Battle Bond
Stats: 88 / 147 / 162 / 74 / 105 / 64 (+40 Atk, +40 Def, +30 SpD)
Battle Bonded Move: Spiky Shield. If the foe attacks the shield, sets a layer of spikes. Fails if 3 spikes are up already.
Weight: 90kg
Competitive Overview (Optional): Tanky mon that provides another avenue to setting up hazards.
delphox.gif

Type: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Blaze / Battle Bond, Magician
Stats: 75/69/102/149/115/124
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire (Hits twice at 40 BP, drops SpA once per hit [2 total])
Weight: 39.0 kg
Flavor/Design: This is based off of Aria's Delphox. It is mentioned that one needs a close bond with their Pokemon to make a great Pokevision video, which they do. Looks very similar to Delphox but dressed up.
Competitive Overview: Fast Special Attacker. With Mystical Fire's new effect, and decent 115 SpD, it can take on a lot of Special Attackers. Its new typing also helps it a lot.
:delphox:
Name of the Form: Serena-Delphox
Type:

Abilities: Blaze | Magician | Battle Bond
Stats: 75 | 69 | 72 | 114 | 100 | 104 --> 75 | 69 | 72 | 164 (+50) | 154 (+50) | 114 (+10) (BST: 644)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire BP: 75 --> 100
Weight: 39.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): I just stole my submission from Megas For All.
Massive Special Attack and Special Defense makes for a steamroller of a Pokemon. Combined with good Speed and you’ve got an absolute beast. It also has good coverage in Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball and dual STAB. Unfortunately, it’s reliance on Solar Beam to cover its common weaknesses and frail physical defenses forces it to rely on team support to reliably function.

Type:

Abilities: Blaze / Magician / Battle Bond
Stats: 75 HP / 69 Atk / 82 Def / 154 SpA / 150 SpD / 114 Spe (+10 Def, +40 SpA, +50 SpD, +10 Spe)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire - added 30% chance to burn
Weight: 49 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Delphox-Aria grows an extra tuft of fur between its ears resembling a bow, and its ear fur curls downward to resemble Aria's hair style.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Delphox-Aria becomes a fearsome special wallbreaker and tank with its large boosts to Special Attack and Special Defense. A small but important Speed boost greatly improves its speed tier. Mystical Fire gains a Scald-like 30% burn chance, weakening physical attackers that would exploit its low physical bulk while the Special Attack drop weakens special attackers. Besides its main STAB options in Fire Blast, Mystical Fire, and Psyshock/Psychic, Delphox can potentially also run moves like Future Sight, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, Trick, and Flame Charge. Shouldn't be broken as it is somewhat lacking in offensive coverage, its physical bulk is exploitable if it doesn't burn its opponent, and its Stealth Rock weakness forces it to choose between Heavy Duty Boots and a Choice item.
:ss/Delphox:
Name of Pokémon: Delphox-Serena
Abilities: Blaze/Magician/Battle Bond
Stats: 72/85/75/134/120/136
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire (now guarantees burns alongside original effect.)
Weight: 32 kg
Flavor/Design: Dlephox lose its disgusting ear hair revealing the huge energy radiating from it, powering it up and making it nimbler.
The rest of colors are regular colors since I edited an og drawing and I am not a great digital artist as you can see and I was in a rush but here. At your own risk
Untitled32_20210623081509.png
Competitive Overview: Fast burn spreader with good spdef letting it be a fast tank of sorts and can run a calm mind set.

Type:
/

Stats: 075 HP / 074 Atk / 084 Def / 143 SpA / 124 SpD / 144 Spe (+00 HP / +05 Atk / +12 Def / +29 SpA / +24 SpD / +40 Spe = +110 BST)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire - In addition to dropping Special Attack, it cannot miss and removes the target's Psychic-type immunity as long it stays in ala Miracle Eye; this move's BP remains the same.
Weight: 86.0 lbs | 39.0 kg [base Delphox's weight, for the same reason as Chesnaught]
Flavor/Design: Much like Chesnaught, I was basically dependent upon Bulbapedia to learn about anything related to this mon in the anime and went with the first instance of that mon there. In the case of Delphox, it was the far less spoiler-prone Aria's Delphox, which this mon would basically copy its visual design from as seen in the Master Class picture (currently) shown at the right bottom of that page.

There's really not much more to say about this one except that unlike with my Chesnaught, I worry about this Delphox's Battle Bond form--a lot. Granted, part of that may just be my indifference to Delphox compared to actually liking Chesnaught. For me, my feelings towards the Gen VI starters are easily summed up: Chesnaught > Delphox > getting pepper sprayed > Greninja.

(Oh. I guess I will say here that I went out of my way to make every changed stat have at least one 4 in it just because that's an ominous number in a lot of East Asian cultures, including Japanese culture. It felt appropriate given my Delphox-Mega design was also based off all this talk of seeing the future and Delphox taking inspiration from oracles.)

Competitive Overview: Given how blazing fast this Delphox-Aria is and how hard it can hit in addition to still getting to use an item unlike Megas and unfortunately already having Calm Mind, this thing would be very strong, perhaps problematically so. That's in part good because of Delphox weirdly being the Gen VI starter that could easily use the most help in due to its typing despite its higher speed and fewer weaknesses than Chesnaught. It's also in large part bad, however, just because of how much faster Delphox already was than that as well as all of the Psychic Terrain already running in OU still. The same Psychic Terrain which somewhat negates the weakness of its still low defense. Delphox also already had pretty good coverage despite its issues and can now negate its weakness to hazards via Boots, in addition to likely having a much easier time getting into Battle Bond form than Chesnaught.

It says a lot that I still worry about this despite dumping a few points into Def and even Atk just to "waste" them and despite making sure this Delphox-Aria was still slower than the 150 Speed tier, never mind the 145 Speed tier; Beedrill-Mega tries as hard as he can you guys, so let's give him a break. I even changed (read: weakened) the effect of the Battle Bonded move twice just to get to what (read: the completely different thing) it is now. Said weakened effect on Mystical Fire somehow still feels a bit "abusive" even though Delphox already gets Dazzling Gleam and stronger Fire attacks to punish most of the Dark mons you would find being used anyway. Mystical Fire-Aria at least could do something interesting by encouraging usage of Future Sight on Delphox I suppose without needing to necessarily rely on a different mon on the team to punish Dark types, though it's not like it's difficult to stick a Fighting or Fairy mon or even just a mon with a strong U-Turn on a team either (unfortunately).

Shrug. This Delphox-Aria is the best and most "balanced" Battle Bond form I've got for Delphox personally.
Name of the Form: Delphox-Serena
Type: Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Blaze, Magician + Battle Bond
Stats: 75 / 69 / 72 / 154 / 130 / 134 (+40 SpA, +30 SpD, +30 Spe)
Battle Bonded Move: Mystical Fire. Now behaves as a Fire-type Future Sight.
Weight: 39 kg
Competitive Overview (Optional): Wallbreaker that supports the many Pokemon that struggle with Steels.
Justification: Look at this lil bird, standing tall like he's the boss round here. Fits him perfectly, he's the big pecks.

Justification: This ability may sound a bit counterintuitive, since it loses access to one of its STABs. However, it gives it a huge boost to its special side, since it can now use 168 BP Boomburst. This may sound a bit crazy, but Swellow still has that low base 75 SpA. Also, in their sprites, Swellow is shown flying while Taillow isn't.

Abilities: Guts / Competitive (new ability) / Scrappy (hidden ability)
Justification: I was going to give these two a more defensive ability that fit better with some of their Pokédex entries, but short of Magic Guard, which can't be justified and is rather overpowered, a defensive ability wouldn't really help Taillow or Swellow that much anyway. So I decided to go with Competitive, which leans into its Boomburst niche and lines up pretty well with its hidden ability of Scrappy. It actually even compliments Scrappy rather well without either obviating the other by allowing you to mind game them before you reveal either Competitive with Boots or Scrappy with Specs (or Scrappy with Boots or, if you're a mad person, Competitive with Specs).

Also I guess, as far as Pokédex entries go, you could still justify it via being competitive about cleaning, as silly as that sounds. Amusingly, I decided on Competitive in the first place just by looking up symbolism for swallow birds, seeing that apparently they're linked to "hope", and seeing that Competitive is technically "Determined Spirit" in Japanese. Who knew?
:sm/taillow:
Abilities: Guts / Merciless / Scrappy
Justification: Guts and Scrappy are perfectly fine abilities for Swellow as of now and, if I were to sub a better ability, it's already been subbed, so I'll just go for this more out there idea. It admittedly doesn't make too much flavor sense, but it could be really fun competitively to stick Swellow on a team that abuses TSpikes and let its Boombursts hit that much harder against switch-ins. It's a gimmick and a half and probably not better than Scrappy, but it should really fun nonetheless

Voting will end in a couple days

I should do this now before I (almost) forget like always:

Battle Bond Chesnaught: Voolpool, Double Iron Bash, Emergence
Battle Bond Delphox; Ema Skye, Double Iron Bash, かたわれ時
Swell Guys: Voolpool, The Damned, Yoshiblaze

Voting is over!
Chesnaught
かたわれ時 - 3 + 3 = 6
The Damned - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6
Ema Skye - 1 + 3 = 4
VoolPool - 2 + 3 = 5
Double Iron Bash - 3 + 2 + 2 = 7
Emergence - 1 + 1 = 2

Delphox
The Damned - 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 9

Ema Skye - 2 + 3 = 5
かたわれ時 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
Double Iron Bash - 3 + 2 + 1 = 6
VoolPool - 2 = 2
Emergence - 1 + 3 = 4

Taillow line
The Damned - 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12
VoolPool - 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 13
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

Winners
chesnaught.gif

Type:
/

Congratulations to Double Iron Bash, The Damned, and VoolPool for winning!

Now for another Special Slate!

-
Slate 8: Y'all Remember Mega Mirrors?
:sm/venusaur::sm/venusaur-mega: -> :sm/charizard::sm/charizard-mega-x::sm/charizard-mega-y:
Venusaur -> Charizard
Missing Link
: Additional Mega Evolution
- You can name the Mega Evolution either Mega Venusaur X or Mega Venusaur Y
- The Mega must have a BST of 625
- The Mega must be a primary Grass-type
- Nobody's broken this rule yet, but remember that Mega Evolutions cannot change the HP stat

:sm/blastoise::sm/blastoise-mega: -> :sm/charizard::sm/charizard-mega-x::sm/charizard-mega-y:
Blastoise -> Charizard
Missing Link
: Additional Mega Evolution
- You can name the Mega Evolution either Mega Blastoise X or Mega Blastoise Y
- The Mega must have a BST of 630
- The Mega must be a primary Water-type
- Nobody's broken this rule yet, but remember that Mega Evolutions cannot change the HP stat
- Because Mega Blastoise is NatDex AG, you can make the Mega for AG, but please specify that you have done so

:sm/pelipper:->:sm/swellow:
Pelipper -> Swellow
Missing Link
: +15 BST
- Pelipper must end up with 455 BST
- The only stat that can be lowered is Special Attack, down to 85 to mimic how the stat change would be had Pelipper never gotten its stats changed in Gen 6
- Since it's such a specific number, here's some reasoning for this Missing Link

Submissions will close in about 4 days​

Last edited:
:venusaur:
Pokémon: Venusaur
Name of the Mega: Mega Venusaur X
Name of the Mega Stone: Venusaurite X
Type:

Ability: Overgrow (Chlorophyll) --> Stamina
Stats: 80 | 82 | 83 | 100 | 100 | 80 --> 80 | 112 (+40) | 103 (+20) | 100 | 140 (+40) | 80 (BST: 625 (+100))
Added Moves: -NIL-
Weight: 195.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Matching the trend of X being physically-oriented with lower attacking stat than Y. While Mega Venusaur Y is a balanced defensive / special attacker, X is a physically-oriented attacker with good special defense.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Mega Venusaur as a whole is already subpar to its base form, the exception being National Dex Monotype. Mega Venusaur X will hence be merely a competitor for the mega slot on mono-Grass teams, being only marginally different from its counterpart.

:blastoise:
Pokémon: Blastoise
Name of the Mega: Mega Blastoise X
Name of the Mega Stone: Blastoisinite X
Type:

Ability: Torrent (Rain Dish) --> Hustle
Stats: 79 | 83 | 100 | 85 | 105 | 78 --> 79 | 133 (+50) | 110 (+10) | 105 (+20) | 125 (+20) | 78 (BST: 630 (+100))
Added Moves: Superpower, Close Combat
Weight: 121.1kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): See Mega Venusaur X. Choosing an ability as a bit difficult, but I settled on Hustle for no real reason.

:pelipper:
Pokémon: Pelipper
Stats: 60 | 50 | 100 | 95 | 75 | 60 --> 60 | 50 | 125 (+25) | 85 (-10) | 75 | 60
Justification: Flavor. Stats matches Swellow's now! Higher defense means more tankiness but lower special attack means Scalds and Hurricanes won't deal as much damage. May miss out on some KOs.

:ss/Pelipper:
Link: BST change
Stats: 75(+15/50/100/95/70/65
Justification: More hp more times to can set up rain for ur teamates and pivot out.

:ss/venusaur:
Name of the Mega: Venusaur-Mega-Y
Name of the Mega Stone: Venusaurite Y
Type:

Ability
: Chlorophyll
Stats: 80/112/93/140/100/100 (+0/+30/+10/+40/+0/+20)
Added Moves: Poison Jab
Weight: 115 kg (+15)
Flavor/Design: Venu grows two long poisionus vines that it uses as it's weapons, and the tree on its head grows out more widely. Venu also grows 2 feet taller and it has dark green hexagonalical patterns on its body. The leaf also grows dark green.
Competitive Overview: A way to make sun more viable in natdex like mega pert in rain, and is faster more offensive variant of vena, making it more ideal that it a lot of times. This mon would be also be flexible either packing a physical or special set to use.

Pokémon: :ss/blastoise:
Name of the Mega: Blastoise-Mega-X
Name of the Mega Stone: Blastoisnite-X
Type:

Ability: Shell Armor
Stats: 79/93/155/100/130/68
Added Moves: N/A
Weight: 137.5 (+52)
Flavor/Design: Blastoises shell becomes heavy making it look like a real life turtle on four feet.. its has cannons all around the side of the shell and on its forehead is a silver line. The shell also becomes much taller by 3 feet and is blastoise is generally bigger. Blastoise overall resmbles a normal turtle more. The shell finnaly gains a shiny new coat on it.
Competitive Overview: This mega blastoise is a more defensive variant compared to its sibling. This set can be used as a spinner or still a shell smash sweeper, utilizing its great bulk to sweep thru teams. One thing I am not sure of if is it would be banned, but it sure looks like it has potential to be a huge threat indeed.

:ss/pelipper:
Stats: 60/50/100/95/85 (+15)/65
Justification: idk it just felt right

:ss/blastoise-mega:
Name: Mega Blastoise X @ Blastoisnite X
Type: Water/Rock
Ability: Solid Rock
Stats: 79/135/115/103/120/78 (630 BST)
New Moves: None for now

Flavor Description: To mirror what mega charizard x and y did, i'm going to give the x versions a new type and flip their stat spread, so mega blastoise x does just that. It is now quadrupel upon mega evolving and it's shell is now made of hard rock, with a huge coral reef on it.

Competitive Description: Solid Rock helps out for its number of weaknesses, and also helps it set up shell smash easier.

I'll think of mega venusaur x later

Last edited:
:charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: charizard-mega-z when

Pokemon: Blastoise
Link
: Mega Evolution
Mega Name: Blastoise-Mega-Y
Stone Name: Blastoisinite-Y
Type:
1624983689765.png
/
1624983749956.png

Ability: Vanguard (Damage taken upon entering the battle is halved.)
Stats:
HP: 79
Attack: 83 -> 122 (+40)
Defense: 100 -> 135 (+35)
SpAtk: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpDef: 105 -> 110 (+10)
Speed: 78
Added Moves: Bulk Up, Heavy Slam, Zap Cannon.
Design: Blastoise begins to stand on all fours, as its shell covers its entire body giving it a heavier and sturdier appearance. It appears to be more focused and less concerned about attacking the opponent but rather protecting its body. It's shell is impenetrable, and its skin is now very tough to break through allowing it to ward off smaller foes. It is always leading the charge with its cannons aimed, ready to fire when given the command.
Justification: Very powerful pivot basically. If you switch into it to take a hit, its most likely taking that hit. Blastoise lacks recovery and would rely on rest or wish support and it can be used better for utility with more bulk added to it. Zap cannon is a move blastoise had in gen 2 so i just re-added it because i felt it made sense, and would be cool to see for the future.

Pokemon: Venusaur
Link
Mega Name: Venusaur-Mega-Y
Stone Name: Venusaurite-Y
Type:
1624985029607.png
/
1624985966309.png

Ability: Flower Gift (This pokemon's Attack and Special Defense are 1.5x under harsh sunlight. If the user is venusaur-mega-y, it changes to Full-Bloom form.
Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Defense: 83
SpAtk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpDef: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Speed: 80 -> 90 (+10)
(Full-Bloom):
Attack: 82 -> 110 (+28)
Defense: 83 -> 103 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpDef: 100
Speed: 80 -> 112 (+32)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Heat Crash
Design: Venusaurs Shade form takes on a similar approach to its gigantamax, the flower on its back grows a lot larger and begins to shade its entire body. Various plant like patterns can be seen with a faint glow on its skin as it slowly takes in solar energy. If the weather is just right, the large flower begins to lift up and expand, the patterns on its skin radiate with energy and glow in multiple warm colors. An orb of energy is concentrated at the very tip of its flower, growing and shrinking as its being charged by the sun and fed to venusaur.
Justification: I mean i think it'd be cool for venusaur to still maintain a sun-based mega, and even when its not in the sun it can still be used defensively. I know this is technically cheating but its not like flower gift is a simple stat change, this also boosts its Attack and Special defense. so if you want you could abuse the chlorophyll's speed increase on the turn you mega evolve to launch off a really powerful attack, and you can still keep the sweep going as venusaur becomes a lot faster.

Last edited:
Congrats to the (other) winners. A bit jarring to have the design I liked by far the least win, even more so than the Politoed one. Oh well. I hope it's not actually overpowered like I fear it might be.

Either way, I figured I would get this out of the way sooner than later to conclude this miserable month "early" given everything else going on. Apologies if my Pokédex entries are a bit...morbid this time due to that; summer already sucked even before the past two years.

Name of the Mega: Mega Blastoise Y | Blastoise-Mega Y
Name of the Mega Stone: Blastoisinite Y
Type:
/

Ability: Swift Swim
Stats: 079 HP / 118 Atk / 130 Def / 120 SpA / 115 SpD / 068 Spe (+00 HP / +35 Atk / +30 Def / +35 SpA / +10 SpD / -10 Spe)
Added Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough
Weight: 178.6 lbs | 81.0 kg
Flavor/Design: Pokémon X: "The Mega evolution process seems especially painful for Blastoise as its cannons are forcibly shed from its shell, their metal rejected by its new body."
Pokémon Y: "The return of the tufts of fur on its ear and tail that it had as Wartotle is the first documented sign of regression in a Pokémon. Their return helps it swim extremely well."
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: "The fact that Blastoise seems to regress when it Mega evolves and also comes to weigh the same as Carracosta has caused some to wonder if these Pokémon are directly related."

I initially had two other much different ideas, with the primary one being an attempt to more directly balance Shell Smash while in Mega form, but I figured that it would likely be easy to overcome since then you could just not Mega-evolve. So what would be the point then? (And then MrFish777, who still needs +05 more stats on his Pelipper right now, beat me to Water/Rock Blastoise since yesterday was another terrible day. Sigh.)

So instead I focused on mainly making this a "screw you, Charizard, for getting two Megas in the first place" since Water/Fairy is literally the only typing that resists Fire/Dragon while still being Water. So despite having come to dislike Fairy as a typing for the most part and having to be crueler & to bend over backwards even more in my flavor reasons, here we are with Water/Fairy Blastoise-Mega(-Y). Yes, I too am disgusted with me.

At least Swift Swim was easy enough to decide upon as an ability since none of the three other (busted) Water/Fairy mons have it at present. It also helped that only two of the current Swift Swim mons even have a SpA stat above 100. The whole "Carracosta atavism" angle was just thrown in as a nod to the other turtle Swift Swimmer as well as the aforementioned Water/Rock Mega form consideration.

Competitive Overview: Look at that ability and tell me what type of team you think it wants to be used on. (Psst. Hint: It's not Sun.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's still ban-worthy due to Shell Smash, but there's only so much I can do. After all, I did drop its Speed for a reason while trying to trying to keep its stat buffs balanced.

Both Polteageist and Barbaracle are the closest comparisons and even they're both not really that direct weirdly enough. They're not that direct because they both have overall lesser stats & (far) worse typing but generally having better abilities (and arguably moves & STAB) to abuse Shell Smash.

So it's basically a coin flip. What do you want? Easy-to-make water-based jokes aside, I'm not a miracle worker.

Name of the Mega: Mega Venusaur Y | Venusaur-Mega-Y
Type:
/

Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 080 HP / 077 Atk / 084 Def / 144 SpA / 130 SpD / 110 Spe (+00 HP / -05 Atk / +01 Def / +44 SpA / +30 SpD / +30 Spe)
Added Moves: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw
Weight: 191.8 lbs | 87.0 kg
Flavor/Design: Pokémon X: "The second Mega stone associated with Venusaur has caused its flower and even body to seemingly lose cohesion in many places, becoming pale and ethereal as well as lighter and faster."
Pokémon Y: "Even when not using the pale pink petals of its now detached flower to cover itself or block attacks, unnatural shadows cover Venusaur no matter how much sunlight it is bathed in."
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: "The fact that the energy of Mega evolution has caused the majority of the flower on Venusaur's back to come apart has only raised further questions as to the nature of the seed implanted there."

My "let's indulge in Mega-form cruelty to justify type-changing" tour continues with a Venusaur that's literally falling apart. Not in a gruesome...well, okay, not in a gory, edgy sort of way that makes it look like some rotting zombie way with its brain exposed or anything like that, but in a sort of ill and "ruined" way.

Even before my idea to make sure idea that at least one of the Gen I starter's Mega forms had a total advantage over the other, which Grass/Poison already does over Water/Fairy, the "ghostly" idea also fit just because all flowers naturally wilt after blooming. So Venusaur-Mega-Y also lost some weight, in its case an entire Ivysaur's worth.

To be honest, I mostly just wanted a Grass/Ghost mon that finally focused on SpA since somehow we have four fully evolved ones--technically *seven* if you count all Gourgeist forms separately--yet they all focus on physically attacking. That's long bothered the hell out of me, so this is a very glassy cannon-y attempt to "fix" that, at least on the physical side since I also wanted each starter Mega to have 130 stat somewhere due to Charizard-Mega-X. Venusaur-Mega-Y ended up with 130, so it's actually bulkier than the official Venusaur-Mega on that side.

(Shadow Claw is more just a formality given that otherwise this thing kind of hilariously walls itself via Bulletproof and its own new typing.)

Competitive Overview: This thing is a stallbreaker supreme just because it murders all of the usual Stall mons with SubSeed stuff: Blissey, Amoonguss, and Toxapex can't really touch it at all behind a sub and this has quite a few tools to bully even Corviknight and Clefable as well. Hell, it's basically the only mon that can probably really take advantage of having both Synthesis and now-Ghost-type Curse (since Trevenant somehow doesn't get the former despite being slow as hell, likely due to Harvest). And it only gets better with Dragapult's stupid self gone.

That said, given how difficult (read: impossible) Blastoise's new Mega was to balance and given how fat both figuratively and literally Venusaur-Mega(-X) is, I intentionally let this be a glass cannon physically, especially since it has loads of recovery tools. So watch out for Pursuit and Sucker Punch mons (and have something else to kill other Bulletproof mons I guess). It's at least not automatically dead weight against offensive teams, however, since it's actually rather bulky on the special side as already noted, not that it really completely resists many common special attackers outside of two of the Tapus and, uh, Regieleki? Shrug.

Stats: 060 HP / 050 Atk / 100 Def / 095 SpA / 070 SpD / 080 Spe (+15 Spe)
Justification: Given that Yoshiblaze's superior change for Politoed didn't win over my own somehow, I figure bumping Pelipper up to 80 Spe still sort of fulfills that. Ironically, it might make it a bit worse since pivoting with it is less braindead now due to its higher Speed, but oh well; I have no pity for U-Turn and its kin.

Pokémon: Mega Venusaur X
Type:

Ability: Flower Veil
Stats: 80 / 142 (+60) / 83 / 100 / 120 (+20) / 100 (+20) (625 BST)
Added Moves: Aromatherapy, Poison Jab, Pollen Puff, Floral Swirl - Gen 7 physical Sparkly Swirl clone
Weight: 200 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Venusaur's flower becomes much bigger, amplifying its sweet aroma to ridiculous levels. Just one whiff of it and any sickness is cured, it's almost silly. Thus, Venusaurite X's are highly sought out by florist to make their flowers more appealing by proxy. However, sometimes this backfires, since the scent attracts Bug and Flying-type Pokémon to gardens, where they proceed to tear up their gardens, but some florists say it's worth the risk.
Competitive Overview (Optional): If you answered "Yes" to "Remember Mega Mirrors?" then you should remember something like this, being basically what Mega Venusaur Y was from that mod, but with higher Speed and lower SpA and its signature move actually matches its higher attacking stat. Mega Venu X can function as a fairly bulky offensive cleric that can keep status conditions in check by spamming Floral Swirl. Plus, Venu gets Swords Dance, which pushes its Atk to respectably terrifying levels and Power Whip and EQ are pretty good for coverage

Pokémon: Mega Blastoise X
Type:

Ability: Long Reach
Stats: 79 / 130 (+47) / 130 (+30) / 93 (+8) / 120 (+15) / 78 (630 BST)
Added Moves: Icicle Spear, Ice Ball, Hammer Arm
Weight: 125.5 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, water from Blastoise's cannons freeze inside them, forming a a formidable ice harpoon that Blastoise is able to shoot out at any moment. With this new weapon, Blastoise is able to attack foes from far away and drag them back to where Blastoise is in order to keep attacking them. Legend has it that the first siting of a Mega Blastoise X was when one harpooned a sail ship, causing it to sink and the crew to go missing, with only one surviving to tell the tale
Competitive Overview (Optional): With a pretty bleh defensive typing, only okay STABs in Liquidation and Ice Punch, and a meh speed tier, Mega Blastoise X should be a threatening but very balanced Shell Smash sweeper. With Long Reach, it can avoid being worn down by Ferrothorn, one of its biggest switchins, and any random Rocky Helmet chip, while the coverage from its STAB + Earthquake or Brick Break (or Hammer Arm if you wanna kill Ferro at the cost of one of your Speed boosts) lets it potentially sweep

:sm/pelipper:
Stats: 60 / 50 / 115 (+15) / 95 / 70 / 65 (395 BST)
Justification: Pelipper doesn't need anything crazy, so here's a Defense buff, maybe you can live a Spark now

-

Stats: 60 | 50 | 100 | 95 | 75 | 60 --> 60 | 50 | 125 (+25) | 85 (-10) | 75 | 60
Justification: Flavor. Stats matches Swellow's now! Higher defense means more tankiness but lower special attack means Scalds and Hurricanes won't deal as much damage. May miss out on some KOs.
I did say that you weren't allowed to lower stats, but just this once, because of how weird the situation for Swellow and Pelipper is and this mimics what the stat change would be had Pelipper never gotten the original stat boost in Gen 6, I will allow this and any future sub like this but if and only if Pelipper's Special Attack is lowered down to 85 first

Stats: 60/50/100/95/80 (+10)/65
Pelipper needs +15 to its BST, so you have 5 more points to distribute

Last edited:
Voting has started!

Voting has started!

Voting will follow a weighted-points system, where you vote for up to 3 submissions in each category. Each sub you vote for earns a certain number of points depending on their position. The submission with the most points wins that category. You can vote yourself, but never as your most preferred option

Example -
If you vote for 3 things -
Pelipper: Most preferred option (gets 3 points), Second most preferred option (gets 2 points), 3rd most preferred option (gets 1 point)

If you vote for 2 things -
Pelipper: Most preferred option (gets 2 points), Second most preferred option (gets 1 points)

If you vote for 1 thing -
Pelipper: Most preferred option (gets 1 point)

Voting Options
:venusaur:
Type:

Ability: Overgrow (Chlorophyll) --> Stamina
Stats: 80 | 82 | 83 | 100 | 100 | 80 --> 80 | 112 (+40) | 103 (+20) | 100 | 140 (+40) | 80 (BST: 625 (+100))
Added Moves: -NIL-
Weight: 195.0kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Matching the trend of X being physically-oriented with lower attacking stat than Y. While Mega Venusaur Y is a balanced defensive / special attacker, X is a physically-oriented attacker with good special defense.
Competitive Overview (Optional): Mega Venusaur as a whole is already subpar to its base form, the exception being National Dex Monotype. Mega Venusaur X will hence be merely a competitor for the mega slot on mono-Grass teams, being only marginally different from its counterpart.
:ss/venusaur:
Name of the Mega: Venusaur-Mega-Y
Type:

Ability
: Chlorophyll
Stats: 80/112/93/140/100/100 (+0/+30/+10/+40/+0/+20)
Added Moves: Poison Jab
Weight: 115 kg (+15)
Flavor/Design: Venu grows two long poisionus vines that it uses as it's weapons, and the tree on its head grows out more widely. Venu also grows 2 feet taller and it has dark green hexagonalical patterns on its body. The leaf also grows dark green.
Competitive Overview: A way to make sun more viable in natdex like mega pert in rain, and is faster more offensive variant of vena, making it more ideal that it a lot of times. This mon would be also be flexible either packing a physical or special set to use.

Pokemon: Venusaur
Link
Mega Name: Venusaur-Mega-Y
Stone Name: Venusaurite-Y
Type:
1624985029607.png
/
1624985966309.png

Ability: Flower Gift (This pokemon's Attack and Special Defense are 1.5x under harsh sunlight. If the user is venusaur-mega-y, it changes to Full-Bloom form.
Stats:
Attack: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Defense: 83
SpAtk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpDef: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Speed: 80 -> 90 (+10)
(Full-Bloom):
Attack: 82 -> 110 (+28)
Defense: 83 -> 103 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpDef: 100
Speed: 80 -> 112 (+32)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Heat Crash
Design: Venusaurs Shade form takes on a similar approach to its gigantamax, the flower on its back grows a lot larger and begins to shade its entire body. Various plant like patterns can be seen with a faint glow on its skin as it slowly takes in solar energy. If the weather is just right, the large flower begins to lift up and expand, the patterns on its skin radiate with energy and glow in multiple warm colors. An orb of energy is concentrated at the very tip of its flower, growing and shrinking as its being charged by the sun and fed to venusaur.
Justification: I mean i think it'd be cool for venusaur to still maintain a sun-based mega, and even when its not in the sun it can still be used defensively. I know this is technically cheating but its not like flower gift is a simple stat change, this also boosts its Attack and Special defense. so if you want you could abuse the chlorophyll's speed increase on the turn you mega evolve to launch off a really powerful attack, and you can still keep the sweep going as venusaur becomes a lot faster.

Name of the Mega: Mega Venusaur Y | Venusaur-Mega-Y
Type:
/

Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 080 HP / 077 Atk / 084 Def / 144 SpA / 130 SpD / 110 Spe (+00 HP / -05 Atk / +01 Def / +44 SpA / +30 SpD / +30 Spe)
Added Moves: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw
Weight: 191.8 lbs | 87.0 kg
Flavor/Design: Pokémon X: "The second Mega stone associated with Venusaur has caused its flower and even body to seemingly lose cohesion in many places, becoming pale and ethereal as well as lighter and faster."
Pokémon Y: "Even when not using the pale pink petals of its now detached flower to cover itself or block attacks, unnatural shadows cover Venusaur no matter how much sunlight it is bathed in."
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: "The fact that the energy of Mega evolution has caused the majority of the flower on Venusaur's back to come apart has only raised further questions as to the nature of the seed implanted there."

My "let's indulge in Mega-form cruelty to justify type-changing" tour continues with a Venusaur that's literally falling apart. Not in a gruesome...well, okay, not in a gory, edgy sort of way that makes it look like some rotting zombie way with its brain exposed or anything like that, but in a sort of ill and "ruined" way.

Even before my idea to make sure idea that at least one of the Gen I starter's Mega forms had a total advantage over the other, which Grass/Poison already does over Water/Fairy, the "ghostly" idea also fit just because all flowers naturally wilt after blooming. So Venusaur-Mega-Y also lost some weight, in its case an entire Ivysaur's worth.

To be honest, I mostly just wanted a Grass/Ghost mon that finally focused on SpA since somehow we have four fully evolved ones--technically *seven* if you count all Gourgeist forms separately--yet they all focus on physically attacking. That's long bothered the hell out of me, so this is a very glassy cannon-y attempt to "fix" that, at least on the physical side since I also wanted each starter Mega to have 130 stat somewhere due to Charizard-Mega-X. Venusaur-Mega-Y ended up with 130, so it's actually bulkier than the official Venusaur-Mega on that side.

(Shadow Claw is more just a formality given that otherwise this thing kind of hilariously walls itself via Bulletproof and its own new typing.)

Competitive Overview: This thing is a stallbreaker supreme just because it murders all of the usual Stall mons with SubSeed stuff: Blissey, Amoonguss, and Toxapex can't really touch it at all behind a sub and this has quite a few tools to bully even Corviknight and Clefable as well. Hell, it's basically the only mon that can probably really take advantage of having both Synthesis and now-Ghost-type Curse (since Trevenant somehow doesn't get the former despite being slow as hell, likely due to Harvest). And it only gets better with Dragapult's stupid self gone.

That said, given how difficult (read: impossible) Blastoise's new Mega was to balance and given how fat both figuratively and literally Venusaur-Mega(-X) is, I intentionally let this be a glass cannon physically, especially since it has loads of recovery tools. So watch out for Pursuit and Sucker Punch mons (and have something else to kill other Bulletproof mons I guess). It's at least not automatically dead weight against offensive teams, however, since it's actually rather bulky on the special side as already noted, not that it really completely resists many common special attackers outside of two of the Tapus and, uh, Regieleki? Shrug.

Pokémon: Mega Venusaur X
Type:

Ability: Flower Veil
Stats: 80 / 142 (+60) / 83 / 100 / 120 (+20) / 100 (+20) (625 BST)
Added Moves: Aromatherapy, Poison Jab, Pollen Puff, Floral Swirl - Gen 7 physical Sparkly Swirl clone
Weight: 200 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Venusaur's flower becomes much bigger, amplifying its sweet aroma to ridiculous levels. Just one whiff of it and any sickness is cured, it's almost silly. Thus, Venusaurite X's are highly sought out by florist to make their flowers more appealing by proxy. However, sometimes this backfires, since the scent attracts Bug and Flying-type Pokémon to gardens, where they proceed to tear up their gardens, but some florists say it's worth the risk.
Competitive Overview (Optional): If you answered "Yes" to "Remember Mega Mirrors?" then you should remember something like this, being basically what Mega Venusaur Y was from that mod, but with higher Speed and lower SpA and its signature move actually matches its higher attacking stat. Mega Venu X can function as a fairly bulky offensive cleric that can keep status conditions in check by spamming Floral Swirl. Plus, Venu gets Swords Dance, which pushes its Atk to respectably terrifying levels and Power Whip and EQ are pretty good for coverage
:blastoise:
Type:

Ability: Torrent (Rain Dish) --> Hustle
Stats: 79 | 83 | 100 | 85 | 105 | 78 --> 79 | 133 (+50) | 110 (+10) | 105 (+20) | 125 (+20) | 78 (BST: 630 (+100))
Added Moves: Superpower, Close Combat
Weight: 121.1kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): See Mega Venusaur X. Choosing an ability as a bit difficult, but I settled on Hustle for no real reason.
Pokémon: :ss/blastoise:
Name of the Mega: Blastoise-Mega-X
Name of the Mega Stone: Blastoisnite-X
Type:

Ability: Shell Armor
Stats: 79/93/155/100/130/68
Added Moves: N/A
Weight: 137.5 (+52)
Flavor/Design: Blastoises shell becomes heavy making it look like a real life turtle on four feet.. its has cannons all around the side of the shell and on its forehead is a silver line. The shell also becomes much taller by 3 feet and is blastoise is generally bigger. Blastoise overall resmbles a normal turtle more. The shell finnaly gains a shiny new coat on it.
Competitive Overview: This mega blastoise is a more defensive variant compared to its sibling. This set can be used as a spinner or still a shell smash sweeper, utilizing its great bulk to sweep thru teams. One thing I am not sure of if is it would be banned, but it sure looks like it has potential to be a huge threat indeed.
:ss/blastoise-mega:
Name: Mega Blastoise X @ Blastoisnite X
Type: Water/Rock
Ability: Solid Rock
Stats: 79/135/115/103/120/78 (630 BST)
New Moves: None for now

Flavor Description: To mirror what mega charizard x and y did, i'm going to give the x versions a new type and flip their stat spread, so mega blastoise x does just that. It is now quadrupel upon mega evolving and it's shell is now made of hard rock, with a huge coral reef on it.

Competitive Description: Solid Rock helps out for its number of weaknesses, and also helps it set up shell smash easier.

Pokemon: Blastoise
Link
Mega Name: Blastoise-Mega-Y
Stone Name: Blastoisinite-Y
Type:
1624983689765.png
/
1624983749956.png

Ability: Vanguard (Damage taken upon entering the battle is halved.)
Stats:
HP: 79
Attack: 83 -> 122 (+40)
Defense: 100 -> 135 (+35)
SpAtk: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpDef: 105 -> 110 (+10)
Speed: 78
Added Moves: Bulk Up, Heavy Slam, Zap Cannon.
Design: Blastoise begins to stand on all fours, as its shell covers its entire body giving it a heavier and sturdier appearance. It appears to be more focused and less concerned about attacking the opponent but rather protecting its body. It's shell is impenetrable, and its skin is now very tough to break through allowing it to ward off smaller foes. It is always leading the charge with its cannons aimed, ready to fire when given the command.
Justification: Very powerful pivot basically. If you switch into it to take a hit, its most likely taking that hit. Blastoise lacks recovery and would rely on rest or wish support and it can be used better for utility with more bulk added to it. Zap cannon is a move blastoise had in gen 2 so i just re-added it because i felt it made sense, and would be cool to see for the future.

Name of the Mega: Mega Blastoise Y | Blastoise-Mega Y
Name of the Mega Stone: Blastoisinite Y
Type:
/

Ability: Swift Swim
Stats: 079 HP / 118 Atk / 130 Def / 120 SpA / 115 SpD / 068 Spe (+00 HP / +35 Atk / +30 Def / +35 SpA / +10 SpD / -10 Spe)
Added Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough
Weight: 178.6 lbs | 81.0 kg
Flavor/Design: Pokémon X: "The Mega evolution process seems especially painful for Blastoise as its cannons are forcibly shed from its shell, their metal rejected by its new body."
Pokémon Y: "The return of the tufts of fur on its ear and tail that it had as Wartotle is the first documented sign of regression in a Pokémon. Their return helps it swim extremely well."
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: "The fact that Blastoise seems to regress when it Mega evolves and also comes to weigh the same as Carracosta has caused some to wonder if these Pokémon are directly related."

I initially had two other much different ideas, with the primary one being an attempt to more directly balance Shell Smash while in Mega form, but I figured that it would likely be easy to overcome since then you could just not Mega-evolve. So what would be the point then? (And then MrFish777, who still needs +05 more stats on his Pelipper right now, beat me to Water/Rock Blastoise since yesterday was another terrible day. Sigh.)

So instead I focused on mainly making this a "screw you, Charizard, for getting two Megas in the first place" since Water/Fairy is literally the only typing that resists Fire/Dragon while still being Water. So despite having come to dislike Fairy as a typing for the most part and having to be crueler & to bend over backwards even more in my flavor reasons, here we are with Water/Fairy Blastoise-Mega(-Y). Yes, I too am disgusted with me.

At least Swift Swim was easy enough to decide upon as an ability since none of the three other (busted) Water/Fairy mons have it at present. It also helped that only two of the current Swift Swim mons even have a SpA stat above 100. The whole "Carracosta atavism" angle was just thrown in as a nod to the other turtle Swift Swimmer as well as the aforementioned Water/Rock Mega form consideration.

Competitive Overview: Look at that ability and tell me what type of team you think it wants to be used on. (Psst. Hint: It's not Sun.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's still ban-worthy due to Shell Smash, but there's only so much I can do. After all, I did drop its Speed for a reason while trying to trying to keep its stat buffs balanced.

Both Polteageist and Barbaracle are the closest comparisons and even they're both not really that direct weirdly enough. They're not that direct because they both have overall lesser stats & (far) worse typing but generally having better abilities (and arguably moves & STAB) to abuse Shell Smash.

So it's basically a coin flip. What do you want? Easy-to-make water-based jokes aside, I'm not a miracle worker.

Pokémon: Mega Blastoise X
Type:

Ability: Long Reach
Stats: 79 / 130 (+47) / 130 (+30) / 93 (+8) / 120 (+15) / 78 (630 BST)
Added Moves: Icicle Spear, Ice Ball, Hammer Arm
Weight: 125.5 kg
Flavor/Design (Optional): Upon Mega Evolving, water from Blastoise's cannons freeze inside them, forming a a formidable ice harpoon that Blastoise is able to shoot out at any moment. With this new weapon, Blastoise is able to attack foes from far away and drag them back to where Blastoise is in order to keep attacking them. Legend has it that the first siting of a Mega Blastoise X was when one harpooned a sail ship, causing it to sink and the crew to go missing, with only one surviving to tell the tale
Competitive Overview (Optional): With a pretty bleh defensive typing, only okay STABs in Liquidation and Ice Punch, and a meh speed tier, Mega Blastoise X should be a threatening but very balanced Shell Smash sweeper. With Long Reach, it can avoid being worn down by Ferrothorn, one of its biggest switchins, and any random Rocky Helmet chip, while the coverage from its STAB + Earthquake or Brick Break (or Hammer Arm if you wanna kill Ferro at the cost of one of your Speed boosts) lets it potentially sweep
:ss/Pelipper:
Stats: 75(+15/50/100/95/70/65
Justification: More hp more times to can set up rain for ur teamates and pivot out.
Stats: 60/50/100/95/85 (+15)/65

Stats: 060 HP / 050 Atk / 100 Def / 095 SpA / 070 SpD / 080 Spe (+15 Spe)
Justification: Given that Yoshiblaze's superior change for Politoed didn't win over my own somehow, I figure bumping Pelipper up to 80 Spe still sort of fulfills that. Ironically, it might make it a bit worse since pivoting with it is less braindead now due to its higher Speed, but oh well; I have no pity for U-Turn and its kin.
:sm/pelipper:
Stats: 60 / 50 / 115 (+15) / 95 / 70 / 65 (395 BST)
Justification: Pelipper doesn't need anything crazy, so here's a Defense buff, maybe you can live a Spark now

Voting will end in a couple days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)