Pet Mod Restrictions [Balance fixes coming soon!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Gonna comment on some subs I might veto in the future, but the main reason I made this post is that I have a data tab on the spreadsheet now! With it you can see how many total Pokemon there are, how much of each type there is, the average of each stat in the meta, the average BST, and the density of each Speed tier. I'm probably going to be adding another section with notable moves, and feel free to mention if you have any other ideas. The main purpose of that tab is to help people see what we need more of in this format, because for example, there are currently five types that each have less than two Pokemon representing them. Some of those types aren't super important but we may want more of the rest.

Anyways, some comments on a few of the subs so far...

Set 1
Fakemon Name: Murkury
Stats: 253/109/113/73/11/11 (570)
Typing: Poison/Steel
Abilities: Corrosion
Moves: Iron Head, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Gunk Blast, Toxic, Acid Spray, Poison Jab, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Wave, Rest, Recover, Sap Strength, Surf, Scald, Liquidation
Description: While this might seem insanely broken, it only requires, if Murkury invests EVs in HP and SpDef, 26 SpAtk stat if going boosting nature and max SpAtk to ensure a 2hko with Earth Power. Yes, I'm not joking. Blissey this is not, it has too many weaknesses, and a quad weakness that even its physically defensive side can be shattered by a strong enough Quake. Regolite is a born counter as it's faster (easy to pull off) with STAB Earth Power, ensuring a KO at all times. Polbearab hopes you poison it. Other Pokemon are faster. Corrosion is an important tool to keep enemy poisons and enemy Murkurys from stalling each other out too easily. It's not as insanely unbeatable as its stats imply. Special Attacks are gonna do the job, and fire is pretty nifty as well.
I'm kind of worried about a Pokemon with this kind of bulk, especially with it having setup moves. 253/11 special bulk is still not that bad, especially since there are currently only two Pokemon in the entire tier that can hit it super effectively, one of which needing a possibly suboptimal set with 252+ SpAtk with Life Orb to 2HKO you assuming you're invested 252 Def / 252 SpDef Careful (HP investment wouldn't change much). For scale, Afloof is probably our strongest special breaker right now, and it has to run either Modest or a boosting item to 2HKO this with Adaptability Dark Pulse. If it clicks Amnesia, Afloof isn't strong enough to break it anymore. This Pokemon doesn't even care about too many physical attackers either if it clicks Bulk Up on the switch. This one might not necessarily be broken, like I definitely want to hear what others have to say here, but I'd definitely get rid of Amnesia and Bulk Up to be safe and maybe tone down the bulk a bit. If nothing else, this is definitely a sub I could see working after we get a few more of the right special attackers, but best be safe.

Name: Squidix
Stats: 79 / 53 / 61 / 139 / 109 / 129 (570 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306323 View attachment 306324
Abilities: Beast Boost / - / -
Movepool:
Gets Universal Moves
View attachment 306326: Rapid Spin, U-Turn, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Cross Poison, Zen Headbutt, Leech Life, Head Smash, Liquidation, Shell Side Arm
View attachment 306329: Sludge Wave, Psychic, Psyshock, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Scald, Infestation, Shadow Ball, Hex, Meteor Beam, Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Expanding Force, Aura Sphere, Solar Beam, Giga Drain, Confusion, Acid, Psybeam, Water Gun, Night Shade, Extrasensory, Clear Smog, Eerie Spell, Stored Power, Flamethrower, Fire Blast,
View attachment 306338: Calm Mind, Toxic Spikes, Recover, Reflect, Light Screen, Recover, Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot, Haze, Skill Swap, Switcheroo, Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Taunt, Power Swap, Guard Swap, Guard Split, Power Split, Agility, Teleport, Trick

Description: I feel like this Pokemon has very good potential to be a staple in the Restrictions metagame. With it's great coverage in all categories, this thing can be a true threat. It checks Polbearab by being able to Trick or Switcheroo it's Toxic Orb away, so it won't be such a pain in the butt, It also checks Centhorn because any Poison or Psychic move coming from it will 2HKO most of the time with Centhorn has max SpDef investment and AV, or just SpDef invesement, but without AV, it has a 6.3% to OHKO, It check Scimicobra because it just dies from a Psychic instantly, Boarassa only will be 2HKO'd by STAB Sludge Wave no matter what, and it can kinda check Cyrpterid by being able to 2HKO it with Psychic.
This sub is way too much for the meta. You have Nasty Plot, the highest Speed of any offensive Pokemon in the metagame with easy backing from Beast Boost, Nasty Plot with a good enough typing and stats to probably consistently set it up, and a crazy movepool with enough coverage to hit the entire tier super effectively with a move of at least 80 base power. Please take a sub's potential weaknesses in the meta into account and compare how it'll play to other Pokemon when trying to make it balanced.

EDIT: I saw the changes. Lowering this Pokemon's defense and Nasty Plot is a start but this Pokemon is honestly going to need a lot more to keep it down. If I were you I'd probably outright remove a bunch of this Pokemon's coverage so it loses to specific threats to make its defensive counterplay more defined and lower its Speed by a lot so it doesn't destroy offense teams. This Pokemon needs losing matchups, and I don't like that it has speedboosting + setup moves to steamroll offense.

Name: Graverial (Gravel + Aerial)
Stats: 112 / 80 / 90 / 45 / 129 / 60 (515 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306423 View attachment 306424
Abilities: Sturdy / Pressure / Filter
Movepool:
Gets Universal Moves
View attachment 306426: Brave Bird, Body Press, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Stone Edge, Steel Wing, Rock Blast, Dual Wingbeat, Aerial Ace, Head Smash, Dig, Knock Off, Pluck, Peck, Sky Attack, Zen Headbutt, Cut, Assurance, Payback, Counter, U-Turn
View attachment 306427: Air Slash, Heat Wave, Power Gem, Air Cutter, Icy Wind, Swift
View attachment 306428: Stealth Rock, Roost, Spikes, Taunt, Tailwind, Defog, Swords Dance, Swagger, Leer, Curse, Nasty Plot, Agility, Sandstorm
Description: W.I.P
The Ability + Stats restrictions for Set 3 are kinda tough to add onto without either making the Pokemon have one of bad physical bulk, no recovery, or an especially bad typing. This Pokemon doesn't really have any of those, it is kinda passive but Folliclawe needs Choice Band and Vulcaraptor needs Life Orb to 2HKO this thing's physdef set, both of which are likely to be suboptimal. So this basically leaves setup, Toxic, or Knock Off to beat this Pokemon. Not too many changes are needed here but I'd lower this thing's Defense down by at least 12 points. If you want you can do a bit more than that, but 68 at minimum so Boots Vulcaraptor can guarantee the 2HKO on you with Stone Edge.

EDIT: I meant to say by 22 points but made a typo, I'm sorry about that. 68 is the threshold for the 2HKO.

I'll probably sub a few things when we hit the 24 hour warning. If anyone else has anything to add or any rebuttals, feel free to bring those up.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Fakemon Name: Faerenheit (Faerie+Farenheit) shoutouts to Hematite for the name
Set Number: 1
Stats: 73/79/137/107/101/73 (570 BST)
Typing: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Beast Boost
Movepool: Ally Switch, Burn Up, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Flash, Follow Me, Gravity, Heal Bell, Heat Crash, Hyper Beam, Imprison, Lava Plume, Light Screen, Misty Explosion, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Overheat, Play Rough, Psych Up, Reflect, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Wish, Universal TMs
Description: This ultra beast looks like a fairy on fire. While it raises the temperature of the air around it slightly, that doesn't explain a weird phenomenon linked to this pokemon. When it is around, thermometers start going crazy and... exploding. Competitively, Faerenheit becomes the first fairy type in a metagame with many fighting and dark types. This added to its great support movepool lets it fit well on most teams as it offers great defensive utility and support. While its coverage is nonexistent and its special attack doesn't look impressive, it's still able to be a threat to teams with a choice scarf or choice specs sets. Its speed tier is very interesting since it lets it outspeed most of the format with a scarf but underspeed most of it with a Trick Room set. Overall, a consistent and versatile pokemon that will be worth a slot on many teams.

(Based off Articuno-Galar)
Fakemon Name: Blizzelegant
Set Number: 2
Stats: 90/85/85/125/100/95 (580 BST)
Typing: Ice/Fairy
Abilities: Competitive
Movepool: Aurora Veil, Avalanche, Blizzard, Calm Mind, Charm, Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Encore, Freeze-Dry, Hail, High Jump Kick, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Icy Wind, Light Screen, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Play Rough, Powder Snow, Rapid Spin, Reflect, Shadow Ball, Sweet Kiss, Swords Dance, Taunt, Tearful Look, Triple Axel, U-Turn, Weather Ball, Wish, Universal TMs
Description: If it starts snowing, you can expect to see Blizzelegant. Blizzelegants only live for on thing: To graciously dance under the snow. When two of them cross paths, they will challenge each other to a dance contest. Competitively, Blizzelegant becomes the first pokemon in the format with the ability Competitive. Thanks to it, it can switch into a Defog and get a massive boost to its already high special attack. Its coverage is mediocre as it is resisted by both Steel and Fire, but it can hit them hard with a Competitive boosted attack or simply U-Turn into another pokemon. Blizzelegant isn't limited to offense though. It has access to some decent utility such as Rapid Spin, Taunt and Encore. It also has access to Swords Dance which can be combined with its surprisingly decent attack, Triple Axel, High Jump Kick and Ice Shard to make a surprising and dangerous set.

Fakemon Name: Snailectric
Set Number: 3
Stats: 112/55/64/100/129/60 (520 BST)
Typing: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Filter/Hydration/Sticky Hold
Movepool: Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Belch, Curse, Discharge, Infestation, Life Dew, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Rain Dance, Recover, Scald, Shock Wave, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Universal TMs
Description: This snail pokemon is coated in a poisonous slime. This slime also conducts electricity which allows Snailectric to use its electric attacks through it. Competitively, Snailectric is an incredible special sponge. However, its lower physical defense makes it harder for it to beat physical or mixed attackers. Its access to great utility moves such as Recover, Scald, Toxic Spikes and Volt Switch lets it work very well as a regular wall. It's a very simple but important pokemon to take on special threats like Torgeist or Afloof.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
24 hour warning for subs!

Fakemon Name: Chemiclysm
Stats: 89/97/113/131/61/79 (570)
Typing: Steel/Poison
Abilities: Gooey
Movepool: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Knock Off, Lava Plume, Discharge, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Haze, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Explosion, Mud Bomb, Mist, Confuse Ray
Description: Decided to try once again to fit all four restrictions here. Chemiclysm has very strong coverage in only a few slots between Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Focus Blast, which makes up for its lack of STAB options as a breaker. Steel/Poison isn't a bad defensive typing but both its special bulk and Speed leave a lot to be desired, although you can definitely find opportunities to get Gooey drops between your high number of resistances, high Defense, and access to two moves for spreading burns. Your Speed is probably good enough for that, even if not by too much, but it does require a contact move which won't always come into play.

Fakemon Name: Modolith
Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95 (Arcanine)
Typing: Steel/Dragon
Abilities: Flash Fire / Intimidate / Justified (Arcanine)
Movepool: Iron Head, Dragon Claw, Close Combat, Dragon Dance, Autotomize, Scale Shot, Zen Headbutt, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Doom Desire, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Spikes, Bulk Up, Gyro Ball, Brick Break, Jump Kick, Brutal Swing, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail, Roar, Toxic, Hone Claws, Poison Fang, Superpower, universal TMs
Description: Sort of a jack-of-all-trades mon. We have zero bulky Steels in the meta as it stands, and the typing plus Intimidate would make this a great Spikes setter, something we currently only have one of in the format. What's even better is that the single Spikes user is a Pokemon that can only be used defensively, which isn't something this Pokemon is limited to. Dragon Dance, Bulk Up, and potentially even Choice Specs sets could have merit as well.

Fakemon Name: Faminoth
Stats: 112/50/55/55/129/60 (460)
Typing: Bug/Fairy
Abilities: Compound Eyes / Shield Dust / Filter
Movepool: Bug Buzz, Leech Life, Moonblast, Play Rough, Roost, Heal Bell, Stun Spore, Toxic, Psywave, Dazzling Gleam, Struggle Bug, Giga Drain, Energy Ball,
Description: We already have a few full-on defensive Pokemon that are workable despite really unorthodox typings, so why not go all in on that? Faminoth is an extremely passive Pokemon whose typing gives it a pretty fun set of resistances, like to Dragon, Fighting, Ground, and Dark. As it currently stands, we don't have too many good ways of dealing with offensive Dragons, and this could help even if its low defense and pretty sad set of weaknesses keep it from beating all of them on its own. It has a lot of weaknesses to common types, including Stealth Rock, which forces it into running Heavy-Duty Boots and might make it not the toughest thing in the world to pressure.

I do have a few more things to say about the subs I suggested nerfing last round...

Name: Squidix
Stats: 79 / 61 / 51 / 139 / 127 / 113 (570 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306323 View attachment 306324
Abilities: Beast Boost / - / -
Movepool:
Gets Universal Moves
View attachment 306326: Rapid Spin, U-Turn, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Cross Poison, Zen Headbutt, Leech Life, Head Smash, Liquidation, Shell Side Arm
View attachment 306329: Sludge Wave, Psychic, Psyshock, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Scald, Infestation, Shadow Ball, Hex, Meteor Beam, Draining Kiss, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Expanding Force, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Confusion, Acid, Psybeam, Water Gun, Night Shade, Extrasensory, Clear Smog, Eerie Spell, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
View attachment 306338: Calm Mind, Toxic Spikes, Reflect, Light Screen, Recover, Thunder Wave, Haze, Switcheroo, Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Taunt, Power Swap, Guard Swap, Guard Split, Power Split, Agility, Teleport, Trick

Description: I feel like this Pokemon has very good potential to be a staple in the Restrictions metagame. With it's great coverage in all categories, this thing can be a true threat. It checks Polbearab by being able to Trick or Switcheroo it's Toxic Orb away, so it won't be such a pain in the butt, It also checks Centhorn because any Poison or Psychic move coming from it will 2HKO most of the time with Centhorn has max SpDef investment and AV, or just SpDef invesement, but without AV, it has a 6.3% to OHKO, It check Scimicobra because it just dies from a Psychic instantly, Boarassa only will be 2HKO'd by STAB Sludge Wave no matter what, and it can kinda check Cyrpterid by being able to 2HKO it with Psychic.
Your other sub that I mentioned before is fine now, but this one still needs nerfs. Dropping its Defense and its Speed some is a start but it's going to need more than that considering the sheer amount of upsides it has. I don't think a breaker that can super effectively hit the entire tier and then proceed to boost its Speed with Beast Boost is going to be balanced. I'd both lower this thing's Speed much more than last time and remove enough of its coverage so the thing has at least some sturdy defensive counters.

Set 1
Stats: 173/113/113/103/37/31 (570)
Moves: Iron Head, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Gunk Blast, Toxic, Acid Spray, Poison Jab, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Wave, Rest, Recover, Sap Strength, Surf, Scald, Liquidation
Description: While this might seem insanely broken, it has SpDef Wailord syndrome with a 4x weakness. Blissey this is not, it has too many weaknesses, and a quad weakness that even its physically defensive side can be shattered by a strong enough Quake (which likely will get off before It can Bulk Up.) Regolite is a born counter as it's faster (easy to pull off) with STAB Earth Power, ensuring a KO at all times. Polbearab hopes you poison it and will race your Iron Defenses as it sets up. One Crit later and it will win the stallout especially with Poison Heal. All other Pokemon are faster. Corrosion is an important tool to keep enemy poisons and enemy Murkurys from stalling each other out too easily. It's not as insanely unbeatable as its stats imply as it's Specially frailer than GUZZLORD and unlike Stakataka, it has no Trick Room. Special Attacks are gonna do a lot to this thing, and fire is pretty nifty as well especially if you burn it.
Two things to say with this one. First, you actually boosted its special bulk with that seemingly minor increase to its Sp. Def, whereas if anything I think it'd be best lowering it. Guzzlord isn't really that great of a comparison because Guzzlord still is pretty bulky, but its typing and lack of any kind of defensive utility options practically ruin any defensive role it may have. It also doesn't help when there really aren't many special wallbreakers in the meta, only two of them have any shot of breaking it without some form of setup and one of them needs Specs and can't get knocked.

Secondly, probably more importantly, it was brought to my attention on Discord that I kind of overlooked how this has Corrosion. I don't see this thing having any great switchins because of this, which might be especially obnoxious for a Pokemon that's so difficult to break. With Iron Head, it's a roll in your favor to 3HKO Polbearab and 2HKO Aerock if they're max HP (both are above 70%), and anything else gets poisoned. I would definitely drop Corrosion, probably put some of this thing's Sp. Def into Speed or something. As for how much I can't say but it might not be a bad idea to use Torgeist or Serpaint for point ofreference on how much, I don't think those two should need to use Nasty Plot just to 2HKO this.

That's about all I have to say, except I forgot to make the "notable moves" part of the Pokemon Data tab lol. Make sure you create or finish your subs if you haven't already!

24 hour warning for subs!

Movepool: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Knock Off, Lava Plume, Discharge, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Haze, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Explosion, Mud Bomb, Mist, Confuse Ray
Description: Decided to try once again to fit all four restrictions here. Chemiclysm has very strong coverage in only a few slots between Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Focus Blast, which makes up for its lack of STAB options as a breaker. Steel/Poison isn't a bad defensive typing but both its special bulk and Speed leave a lot to be desired, although you can definitely find opportunities to get Gooey drops between your high number of resistances, high Defense, and access to two moves for spreading burns. Your Speed is probably good enough for that, even if not by too much, but it does require a contact move which won't always come into play.

Movepool: Iron Head, Dragon Claw, Close Combat, Dragon Dance, Autotomize, Scale Shot, Zen Headbutt, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Doom Desire, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Spikes, Bulk Up, Gyro Ball, Brick Break, Jump Kick, Brutal Swing, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail, Roar, Toxic, Hone Claws, Poison Fang, Superpower, universal TMs
Description: Sort of a jack-of-all-trades mon. We have zero bulky Steels in the meta as it stands, and the typing plus Intimidate would make this a great Spikes setter, something we currently only have one of in the format. What's even better is that the single Spikes user is a Pokemon that can only be used defensively, which isn't something this Pokemon is limited to. Dragon Dance, Bulk Up, and potentially even Choice Specs sets could have merit as well.

Movepool: Bug Buzz, Leech Life, Moonblast, Play Rough, Roost, Heal Bell, Stun Spore, Toxic, Psywave, Dazzling Gleam, Struggle Bug, Giga Drain, Energy Ball,
Description: We already have a few full-on defensive Pokemon that are workable despite really unorthodox typings, so why not go all in on that? Faminoth is an extremely passive Pokemon whose typing gives it a pretty fun set of resistances, like to Dragon, Fighting, Ground, and Dark. As it currently stands, we don't have too many good ways of dealing with offensive Dragons, and this could help even if its low defense and pretty sad set of weaknesses keep it from beating all of them on its own. It has a lot of weaknesses to common types, including Stealth Rock, which forces it into running Heavy-Duty Boots and might make it not the toughest thing in the world to pressure.

I do have a few more things to say about the subs I suggested nerfing last round...

Your other sub that I mentioned before is fine now, but this one still needs nerfs. Dropping its Defense and its Speed some is a start but it's going to need more than that considering the sheer amount of upsides it has. I don't think a breaker that can super effectively hit the entire tier and then proceed to boost its Speed with Beast Boost is going to be balanced. I'd both lower this thing's Speed much more than last time and remove enough of its coverage so the thing has at least some sturdy defensive counters.

Two things to say with this one. First, you actually boosted its special bulk with that seemingly minor increase to its Sp. Def, whereas if anything I think it'd be best lowering it. Guzzlord isn't really that great of a comparison because Guzzlord still is pretty bulky, but its typing and lack of any kind of defensive utility options practically ruin any defensive role it may have. It also doesn't help when there really aren't many special wallbreakers in the meta, only two of them have any shot of breaking it without some form of setup and one of them needs Specs and can't get knocked.

Secondly, probably more importantly, it was brought to my attention on Discord that I kind of overlooked how this has Corrosion. I don't see this thing having any great switchins because of this, which might be especially obnoxious for a Pokemon that's so difficult to break. With Iron Head, it's a roll in your favor to 3HKO Polbearab and 2HKO Aerock if they're max HP (both are above 70%), and anything else gets poisoned. I would definitely drop Corrosion, probably put some of this thing's Sp. Def into Speed or something. As for how much I can't say but it might not be a bad idea to use Torgeist or Serpaint for point ofreference on how much, I don't think those two should need to use Nasty Plot just to 2HKO this.

That's about all I have to say, except I forgot to make the "notable moves" part of the Pokemon Data tab lol. Make sure you create or finish your subs if you haven't already!
Thank you for the response, but Squidix can no longer boost it's speed stat anymore, since if it runs a max SpA and Spe set, it will get a SpA boost because it is 377, compared to it's 357 speed. Have a good day!

Edit: With a Timid nature

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Thank you for the response, but Squidix can no longer boost it's speed stat anymore, since if it runs a max SpA and Spe set, it will get a SpA boost because it is 377, compared to it's 357 speed. Have a good day!
Just because it can't with max/max anymore doesn't necessarily mean it won't. It's sometimes optimal for Pokemon to invest into less than the maximum possible just to get better Beast Boosts, and this is possible with I think it was 168 Sp. Atk on this mon but I don't remember for certain. Blacephalon viably did so last generation with 20 Sp. Atk on its Calm Mind sets to get Speed boosts, and I could easily see this Pokemon doing the same, especially since its coverage would make up for the loss in power and its Speed tier outdoes everything except Folliclawe.

Just because it can't with max/max anymore doesn't necessarily mean it won't. It's sometimes optimal for Pokemon to invest into less than the maximum possible just to get better Beast Boosts, and this is possible with I think it was 168 Sp. Atk on this mon but I don't remember for certain. Blacephalon viably did so last generation with 20 Sp. Atk on its Calm Mind sets to get Speed boosts, and I could easily see this Pokemon doing the same, especially since its coverage would make up for the loss in power and its Speed tier outdoes everything except Folliclawe.
You do have a good point. And I know that. It's just kinda rare for people to do so this generation. (I have seen someone have a Kartana that had Speed Beast Boosts, but only once.)

Does 20 SpDef really outpace 80 HP from my original change? This game's calculations get weird.

In any case I took 42 from HP and 6 from SpDef and sent to speed taking away that Blissey-esque feel and neutering its Gyro Ball heavily. It isn't quite the HP sponge I was hoping for now, but 131/31 SpDef is a managable spread I hope. It's worse than Wailord in both HP and SpDef. I also replaced all boosting moves with Work Up taking away its ability to wincon as easily as it can't boost its defenses any more.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Voting has begun! If you choose to vote, even if you self-vote, you will get an additional +1 point for every sub. You'll probably have until around Friday but I'll give a 24 hour in advance as usual. Also, I'm vetoing Squidix because it was not adequately nerfed.

set 1
Name: Stasundel (its an anagram)
Stats: 103/61/113/83/127/83
Typing: Steel
Abilities: Water Bubble
Movepool:
Iron Head, Anchor Shot, Liquidation, Wild Charge, Flip Turn
Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, Scald, Surf, Steel Beam, Thunderbolt, Air Cutter, Shadow Ball, Thunder Cage
Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, Imprison, Life Dew, Protect, Substitute, Metal Sound, Rest, Sleep Talk
Description:
Water Bubble Steel version 2. It's pretty muted offensively, but defensively, it will be difficult to sink, having effectively only 2 weaknesses in Fighting and Ground. Handles Flying and Dragons decently well, but is still prone to getting worn down.
Set 1
Fakemon Name: Teraorra (Because It's similar to Zeraora but also a ground type. Spelled as "tera" to devise from the Greek word for "monster" since it is, you know, an Ultra Beast. I tried ok)
Stats: 79 / 113 / 61 / 113 / 67 / 137 (570)
Typing: Ground / Electric
Abilities: Beast Boost / No Second Ability / No Third Ability
Notes: Genderless

Physical Moves: Plasma Fists, Earthquake, Knock Off, Wild Charge, Blaze Kick, Nuzzle, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Power-Up Punch, Brick Break, Dig, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Stomping Tantrum, Dual Chop, Sand Tomb, Body Slam, Spark, Fake Out, Quick Attack, Endeavor, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Earth Power, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Thunder, Scorching Sands, Charge Beam, Electro Ball, Burning Jealousy, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Shock Wave, Snarl, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Rising Voltage, Swift, Round, Snore, Hyper Beam
Status Moves: Work Up, Agility, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Hone Claws, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Toxic, Encore, Charge, Rain Dance, Electric Terrain, Mud Sport, Confide, Protect, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Endure

Description: A more offensive Ground-type and Electric-type than the others thus far, this mon is a glass cannon. It matches up well against the many Flying-types we have gotten so far, and Beast Boost lets it clean up sufficiently weakened teams if it gets the chance due to good offensive stats and STAB options. Being able to hit on either side of the spectrum is a boon, and both are viable, each with their own boosting options. Although this is all well and good, Ground / Electric isn't the best type combo since it's walled by Grass (Borassa) and being locked into either of those types is exploitable. It also grants it weakesses to priority from Centhorn and Polbearab. Also it's one point slower than Abysseil, and needs to invest its stats in a clunky way if it wants to boost its offenses rather than its Speed with Beast Boost. Not to mention that its unboosted offenses aren't really that great, at 113 apiece. The tendency to be taken out by priority and the inability to break through stronger walls balances out how fast it is, especially after a Beast Boost, making it a good offensive mon.
Teraorra @ Magnet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch / Bulk Up
Set 1
Stats: 131/113/113/103/31/59 (570)
Moves: Iron Head, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Work Up, Bullet Punch, Gunk Blast, Toxic, Acid Spray, Poison Jab, Shadow Sneak, Sludge Wave, Flash Cannon, Thunder Wave, Rest, Recover, Sap Strength, Surf, Scald, Liquidation
Description: While this might seem insanely broken, it has SpDef Wailord syndrome with a 4x weakness. Blissey this is not, it has too many weaknesses, and a quad weakness that even its physically defensive side can be shattered by a strong enough Quake (which likely will get off before It can Bulk Up.) Regolite is a born counter as it's faster (easy to pull off) with STAB Earth Power, ensuring a KO at all times. Polbearab hopes you poison it. One Crit later and it will win the stallout especially with Poison Heal. All other Pokemon are faster. Corrosion is an important tool to keep enemy poisons and enemy Murkurys from stalling each other out too easily. It's not as insanely unbeatable as its stats imply as it's Specially frailer than WAILORD, who doesn't have any 4x weakness and unlike Stakataka, it has no Trick Room. Special Attacks are gonna do a lot to this thing, and fire is pretty nifty as well especially if you burn it.
Fakemon Name: Voltiflux
Stats: 97, 53, 101, 109, 103, 107
Typing: Steel, Electric
Movepool: Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Heat Wave, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Recover
Description: ub go brrrrr
Movepool: Ally Switch, Burn Up, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Encore, Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Flash, Follow Me, Gravity, Heal Bell, Heat Crash, Hyper Beam, Imprison, Lava Plume, Light Screen, Misty Explosion, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Overheat, Play Rough, Psych Up, Reflect, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Wish, Universal TMs
Description: This ultra beast looks like a fairy on fire. While it raises the temperature of the air around it slightly, that doesn't explain a weird phenomenon linked to this pokemon. When it is around, thermometers start going crazy and... exploding. Competitively, Faerenheit becomes the first fairy type in a metagame with many fighting and dark types. This added to its great support movepool lets it fit well on most teams as it offers great defensive utility and support. While its coverage is nonexistent and its special attack doesn't look impressive, it's still able to be a threat to teams with a choice scarf or choice specs sets. Its speed tier is very interesting since it lets it outspeed most of the format with a scarf but underspeed most of it with a Trick Room set. Overall, a consistent and versatile pokemon that will be worth a slot on many teams.

set 2 (Comfey)
Name: Wiifey
Stats: 51/52/90/82/110/100
Typing: Electric
Abilities: Flower Veil/Triage/Natural Cure
Play Rough, U-turn, Acrobatics, Facade, Wrap, Thief, Bind, Zing Zap, Spark, Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Vine Whip, Grassy Glide
Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Parabolic Charge, Thunder, Zap Cannon, Stored Power, Pollen Puff, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Magical Leaf, Energy Ball
Floral Healing, Flower Shield, Aromatherapy, Calm Mind, Defog, Encore, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Tailwind, Taunt, Trick, Helping Hand, Nature Power, Safeguard, Role Play, Sweet Kiss, Charge, Magnet Rise + Universal TMs
Description:
Triage is a broken ability, and it has enough coverage to scare everything. It can tank a hit even with base 51 HP and proceed to cause problems.
Set 2
Fakemon Name: Vorascid ("Voracious" + "acid")
Stats: 80 / 115 / 65 / 115 / 60 / 105 (540)
Typing: Poison / Fire
Abilities: Dragon's Maw / White Smoke / Weak Armor

Physical Moves: Flare Blitz, Gunk Shot, Fire Lash, Dragon Claw, Scale Shot, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Cross Poison, Flame Charge, Dragon Tail, Breaking Swipe, Poison Fang, Fake Out, Leech Life, Beat Up, Endeavor, Fling, Iron Tail, Foul Play, Facade, Shadow Claw, Skitter Smack, Covet, Thief, Acrobatics, Payback, Pound, Scratch
Special Moves: Sludge Wave, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Overheat, Sludge Bomb, Heat Wave, Venoshock, Incinerate, Belch, Snore, Mud-Slap, Round, Swift, Smog, Ember
Status Moves: Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Encore, Torment, Disable, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Venom Drench, Laser Focus, Endure, Fake Tears, Attract, Confide, Corrosive Gas, Swagger, Sand Attack, Sweet Scent, Poison Gas, Helping Hand, Double Team

Description: This Salazzle expy copies its typing and movepool, but not its stats or ability. The result is a nasty setup sweeper with capabilities to go either physical or special. Poison / Fire is a good STAB combo and it has powerful moves to abuse it as well, and Dragon's Maw essentially gives it a Dragon-type STAB as well which rounds out its neutral coverage excellently, letting it hit Serpaint hard. Nasty Plot packs some severe breaking power, and Dragon Dance lets it beat down offense, but with only average speed and low bulk, and some natural checks like Aerock and Vulcaraptor and strong priority from Nimbusteed and Afloof I don't see it being too overwhelming. Shout out to Weak Armor as well, an option to potentially overrun any possible Scarfers while becoming more vulnerable to priority.
Vorascid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dragon's Maw / White Smoke
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- Dragon Claw / Scale Shot / Knock Off
Set 2
Fakemon Name: Termighty
Stats: Escavalier's
Typing: Steel/Bug
Abilities: Shell Armor/Adaptability (Guts)
Moves: Escavalier's + the following: First Impression, Bullet Punch, Trick Room, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Sap Strength, Leech Life. Loses Close Combat.

Description: I think we all know the general gist: A dangerous hard hitter with priority out the ASS! The strongest First Impression ever. If Adaptability is too good, I'll just cut it out but you'll probably want Guts anyway for the power on all your moves, even non-STAB ones. A very straight forward attacker who doesn't do too well with its STAB combo not being all that stellar. Let's just say, it makes a really good First Impression. If that's not your style, try and Trick Room and Sap Strength for a long game if you think you can avoid becoming roasted.
Name: Juijitstrike (Mienshao)
Stats: 80 / 125 / 80 / 65 / 70 / 110 (530 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306415
Abilities: Inner Focus / Regenerator / Reckless
Movepool:
This also has Mienshao's movepool, so I'm just naming the additons.
View attachment 306419: Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Thunder Punch, Triple Axel
View attachment 306420: -
View attachment 306421: Bulk Up, Taunt, Swords Dance
Description: This clone of Mienshao copies it's typing, abilities, and movepool, but not stats. Nothing really changes with this Pokemon here, so I'll just say it's a pretty decent Regenerator user and has nice stats and U-Turn to heal itself and keep momentum, along with other moves to compliment it, and backed up by a good speed tier, this Pokemon can be a big offensive threat.
Fakemon Name: Spiriteal
Set Number: 2 (Zoroark)
Stats: 60, 105, 60, 120, 60, 105
Typing: Ghost
Abilities: Illusion
Movepool: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Punch, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Focus Blast, Drain Punch, Energy Ball, Destiny Bond, Moonlight, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp
Description: lol im shit at doing descriptions
(Based off Articuno-Galar)
Fakemon Name: Blizzelegant
Stats: 90/85/85/125/100/95 (580 BST)
Abilities: Competitive
Movepool: Aurora Veil, Avalanche, Blizzard, Calm Mind, Charm, Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Encore, Freeze-Dry, Hail, High Jump Kick, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Icy Wind, Light Screen, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Play Rough, Powder Snow, Rapid Spin, Reflect, Shadow Ball, Sweet Kiss, Swords Dance, Taunt, Tearful Look, Triple Axel, U-Turn, Weather Ball, Wish, Universal TMs
Description: If it starts snowing, you can expect to see Blizzelegant. Blizzelegants only live for on thing: To graciously dance under the snow. When two of them cross paths, they will challenge each other to a dance contest. Competitively, Blizzelegant becomes the first pokemon in the format with the ability Competitive. Thanks to it, it can switch into a Defog and get a massive boost to its already high special attack. Its coverage is mediocre as it is resisted by both Steel and Fire, but it can hit them hard with a Competitive boosted attack or simply U-Turn into another pokemon. Blizzelegant isn't limited to offense though. It has access to some decent utility such as Rapid Spin, Taunt and Encore. It also has access to Swords Dance which can be combined with its surprisingly decent attack, Triple Axel, High Jump Kick and Ice Shard to make a surprising and dangerous set.

set 3
Name: Delonyx
Stats: 112/50/67/80/129/60
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: Drought/Natural Cure
Play Rough, Flame Charge, Petal Blizzard
Dazzling Gleam, Flamethrower, Draining Kiss, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Misty Explosion, Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Solar Beam
Universal TMs, Calm Mind, Misty Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Aromatherapy, Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, Defog, Helping Hand, Heal Bell, Mirror Coat, Synthesis
Description:
Kind of thought about that one CAP mon. Drought boosts Synthesis healing to 66% and boosts Flamethrower's power. It is a defensive juggernaut for sure, but it is easy to take advantage off due to its lack of coverage and poor offensive stats. It would need a Calm Mind or two before it poses an actual threat, or just hit it hard from the physical side to cripple it.
Set 3
Fakemon Name: Zoltanka (Based on those creepy fortune telling machines, except this one's actually haunted)
Stats: 112 / 77 / 53 / 109 / 129 / 60 (540)
Typing: Steel / Ghost
Abilities: Filter / Minus / Screen Cleaner

Physical Moves: Poltergeist, Gear Grind, Smart Strike, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Explosion, Astonish, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, Hex, Steel Beam, Doom Desire, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Psyshock, Stored Power, Future Sight, Dark Pulse, Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Zap Cannon, Dream Eater, Hyper Beam, Round, Snore
Status Moves: Shift Gear, Thunder Wave, Trick, Taunt, Iron Defense, Magnet Rise, Cosmic Power, Topsy-Turvy, Torment, Destiny Bond, Memento, Curse, Metronome, Reflect, Light Screen, Autotomize, Confuse Ray, Gear Up, Magnetic Flux, Lock-On, Spite, Metal Sound, Grudge, Charge, Eerie Impulse, Imprison, Power Trick, Confide, Substitute, Protect

Description: This mon is similar in conception to Magearna, in that it can fill roles as a bulky pivot, Specs breaker, or setup sweeper. Zoltanka lacks Calm Mind and snowballing capabilities though, as well as a strong spammable STAB like Fleur Cannon; it trades these for a useful defensive ability in Filter and a more unresisted STAB combo. Because of this inability to boost offenses, you'd probably see this mon as a pivot most often. When accounting for Filter and the ability to run an AV, Zoltanka's effective special bulk is gigantic. It can blanket check special attackers, even ones it's weak to like Torgeist and Regolite (probably not Afloof though). Doom Desire + Volt Switch is a useful tool for wallbreaking as well, even though one of the best special walls so far (Sharm) is pretty resistant to it. The main shortcomings of this mon are that it has pretty low Defense so it can be lured easily enough, and is basically a Knock Off magnet. It also has absolutely no recovery at all, not even Rest. And while Steel / Ghost is a good defensive type in a vacuum, it does have four weaknesses which are to some relatively good types. I'll admit this one is a bit more of an unsafe pick compared to the others but it does provide a good bulky Steel-type which I think helps.
Zoltanka @ Assault Vest
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Doom Desire
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon / Sucker Punch / Hex
Set 3
Fakemon Name: Bulbug
Stats: 112 / 45 / 81 / 103 / 129 / 60 (530)
Typing: Electric/Bug
Abilities: Filter (Lightningrod)
Moves: Quiver Dance, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower, Pollen Puff, Bug Buzz, Discharge, Thunderwave, Sleep Powder, Roost, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, U-Turn, Nuzzle, Volt Switch, Stun Spore, Sticky Webs

Description: Nunopod may have QD as well and better stat total but its abilities are awful! They don't help it do anything while Filter lets you survive far more Super Effective hits. Bulbug can also do supportive status spreading and Sticky Webs with decent durability backed by Roost. With Bug/Electric, you have only a few coverage options: Flamethrower and Giga Drain/Energy Ball. Flamethrower is probably more helpful but Giga Drain adds some survivability. Shadow Ball technically gives you perfect neutral coverage but doesn't help score more SE hits if you want to try an Expert Belt instead of Boots while the other two types are far more helpful at scoring SE hits, especially fire.
Name: Graverial (Gravel + Aerial)
Stats: 112 / 80 / 68 / 45 / 129 / 60 (493 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306423 View attachment 306424
Abilities: Sturdy / Pressure / Filter
Movepool:
Gets Universal Moves
View attachment 306426: Brave Bird, Body Press, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Stone Edge, Steel Wing, Rock Blast, Dual Wingbeat, Aerial Ace, Head Smash, Dig, Knock Off, Pluck, Peck, Sky Attack, Zen Headbutt, Cut, Assurance, Payback, Counter, U-Turn
View attachment 306427: Air Slash, Heat Wave, Power Gem, Air Cutter, Icy Wind, Swift
View attachment 306428: Stealth Rock, Roost, Spikes, Taunt, Tailwind, Defog, Swords Dance, Swagger, Leer, Curse, Nasty Plot, Agility, Sandstorm
Description: W.I.P
Fakemon Name: Pixplode
Stats: 112, 84, 77, 124, 129, 60
Typing: Fairy, Poison
Abilities: Filter, Poison Touch, Illuminate
Movepool: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Wave, Explosion, Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Knock Off, Shadow Ball, Heat Wave
Description: Yo Viz
Fakemon Name: Snailectric
Stats: 112/55/64/100/129/60 (520 BST)
Typing: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Filter/Hydration/Sticky Hold
Movepool: Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Belch, Curse, Discharge, Infestation, Life Dew, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Rain Dance, Recover, Scald, Shock Wave, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Universal TMs
Description: This snail pokemon is coated in a poisonous slime. This slime also conducts electricity which allows Snailectric to use its electric attacks through it. Competitively, Snailectric is an incredible special sponge. However, its lower physical defense makes it harder for it to beat physical or mixed attackers. Its access to great utility moves such as Recover, Scald, Toxic Spikes and Volt Switch lets it work very well as a regular wall. It's a very simple but important pokemon to take on special threats like Torgeist or Afloof.

And here's the next slate...
1610479113501.png

If you want a list of Pokemon legal for Set 2... Chansey Doublade Dusclops Electabuzz Golbat Magmar Magneton Mr. Mime-G Piloswine Porygon2 Rhydon Scyther Sliggoo Type: Null. Not nearly as many options as last time, and definitely harder to work with, but for a lot of those, you'll have to find a way to counterbalance their shortcomings.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Set 1: Mossy's Faerenheit, Duo's Chemiclysm, Fragmented's Stasundel
Set 2: kakaks' Spiriteal, Mossy's Blizzelegant, Duo's Modolith
Set 3: readytolose's Zoltanka, Mossy's Snailectric, Duo's Faminoth

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
set 1: readytolose's Teraorra, Duo's Chemiclysm, Frag's Stasundel
set 2: Duo's Modolith, Dilasc's Termighty, Frag's Wiifey
set 3: Mossy's Snailectric, readytolose's Zoltanka, Frag's Delonyx

3 self votes, I just like my subs

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
Set 1: readytolose's Teraorra, DuoM2's Chemiclysm, Mossy's Faerenheit
Set 2: Fragmented's Wiifey, kakaks' Spiriteal, Mossy's Blizzelegant
Set 3: readytolose's Zoltanka, kakaks' Pixplode, DuoM2's Faminoth

Set 1: Fragmented's Stasundel, Mossy Sandwich's Faerenheit, readytolose's Teraorra
Set 2: kakaks' Spiriteal, DuoM2's Modolith, Mossy Sandwich's Blizzelegant
Set 3: Mossy Sandwich's Snailectric, Fragmented's Delonyx, readytolose's Zoltanka

set 1: faerenheit, terraora, voltiflux
set 2: wiifey, blizzelegant, spiriteal
set 3: bulbug, graverial, snailectric

Set 1: Mossy Sandwich's Faerenheit, Duo M2's Chemiclysm, Fragmented's Stasundel
Set 2: DuoM2's Modolith, Mossy Sandwich's Blizzelegant, Fragmented's Wiifey
Set 3: readytolose's Zoltanka, Mossy Sandwich's Snailectric, Fragmented's Delonyx

DuoM2

whao
Once again very late to close voting, sorry about that. Another long and busy day.

For Set 1, Mossy Sandwich wins with Faerenheit...

For Set 2, kakaks with Spiriteal...

Fakemon Name: Spiriteal
Set Number: 2 (Zoroark)
Stats: 60, 105, 60, 120, 60, 105
Typing: Ghost
Abilities: Illusion
Movepool: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Punch, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Focus Blast, Drain Punch, Energy Ball, Destiny Bond, Moonlight, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp
Description: lol im shit at doing descriptions
And lastly, readytolose wins Set 3 with Zoltanka...

Set 3
Fakemon Name: Zoltanka (Based on those creepy fortune telling machines, except this one's actually haunted)
Stats: 112 / 77 / 53 / 109 / 129 / 60 (540)
Typing: Steel / Ghost
Abilities: Filter / Minus / Screen Cleaner

Physical Moves: Poltergeist, Gear Grind, Smart Strike, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Explosion, Astonish, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, Hex, Steel Beam, Doom Desire, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Psyshock, Stored Power, Future Sight, Dark Pulse, Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Zap Cannon, Dream Eater, Hyper Beam, Round, Snore
Status Moves: Shift Gear, Thunder Wave, Trick, Taunt, Iron Defense, Magnet Rise, Cosmic Power, Topsy-Turvy, Torment, Destiny Bond, Memento, Curse, Metronome, Reflect, Light Screen, Autotomize, Confuse Ray, Gear Up, Magnetic Flux, Lock-On, Spite, Metal Sound, Grudge, Charge, Eerie Impulse, Imprison, Power Trick, Confide, Substitute, Protect

Description: This mon is similar in conception to Magearna, in that it can fill roles as a bulky pivot, Specs breaker, or setup sweeper. Zoltanka lacks Calm Mind and snowballing capabilities though, as well as a strong spammable STAB like Fleur Cannon; it trades these for a useful defensive ability in Filter and a more unresisted STAB combo. Because of this inability to boost offenses, you'd probably see this mon as a pivot most often. When accounting for Filter and the ability to run an AV, Zoltanka's effective special bulk is gigantic. It can blanket check special attackers, even ones it's weak to like Torgeist and Regolite (probably not Afloof though). Doom Desire + Volt Switch is a useful tool for wallbreaking as well, even though one of the best special walls so far (Sharm) is pretty resistant to it. The main shortcomings of this mon are that it has pretty low Defense so it can be lured easily enough, and is basically a Knock Off magnet. It also has absolutely no recovery at all, not even Rest. And while Steel / Ghost is a good defensive type in a vacuum, it does have four weaknesses which are to some relatively good types. I'll admit this one is a bit more of an unsafe pick compared to the others but it does provide a good bulky Steel-type which I think helps.
Zoltanka @ Assault Vest
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Doom Desire
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon / Sucker Punch / Hex
Slate 8
1610766826506.png

Here's the next slate. If you need a list of Pokemon legal for Set 2... Chansey Doublade Dusclops Electabuzz Golbat Magmar Magneton Mr. Mime-G Piloswine Porygon2 Rhydon Scyther Sliggoo Type: Null. Submission phase has begun, and it'll end either in 3 or 4 days. As usual, I'll give a warning 24 hours in advance.

Ema Skye

Work!
Set 2 (based on Porygon2)
Name: Chimeraid (Chimera + Mermaid)
Typing: Ghost/Steel
Abilities: Competitive | Cursed Body
Stats: 85/80/90/105/95/60
Notable Moves: Porygon2's movepool (Recover, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Teleport, Toxic, Trick Room, Reflect, Trick, Foul Play, Magic Coat, Psychic, Psyshock)
Description: Designed to be a powerful support mon. This mermaid was found lost at sea, and researches experimented on it, turning it into a hideous beast that looks paranormal and futuristic.
  • Ghost/Steel with Competitive both blocks Rapid Spin and punishes Defog, and it can hit surprisingly hard with +2 Shadow Ball. Magic Coat also deters hazards going down.
  • While it's block is average, it's deceptively bulky. It resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic and doesn't take Sand damage. Due to this, it really doesn't mind not having HDB.
  • Isn't a momentum drain due to Teleport. Double status also prevent it from being passive.
  • Offensive sets kind of suck due to its low speed, but could make it work if you get a Competitive boost, especially due to Trick

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
set 1
Name: Aurobesque
Stats: 75/85/75/115/77/97
Abilities: Technician/-/Dancer
Triple Axel, Rapid Spin, Double Kick
Aurora Beam, Freeze Dry, Dazzling Gleam, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Magical Leaf, Disarming Voice, Shock Wave, Water Pulse
Aurora Veil, Quiver Dance, Hail, Universal TMs, Sweet Kiss, Heal Bell
Description: Ice-skating ballerina. Sort of frail set-up sweeper with just enough coverage, but not quite.

set 2 (there's a steel type in the list, I wonder what might happen)
Name: Wetneton (Magneton)
Stats: 50/60/95/120/70/70
Typing: Electric/Steel
Abilities: Magnet Pull/Water Bubble/Analytic
Movepool: In addition to Magneton's existing movepool,
Waterfall, Flip Turn
Water Pulse, Surf
Soak, remove Sunny Day
Description: Wetneton, the wet magnet pokemon. You get it by throwing 3 magnemites into water. 120 SpAtk Water Bubble seems scary, but I swear there are still switch ins just because it isn't STAB.

set 3
Name: Nyoomer
Stats: 40/70/117/93/55/90
Typing: Bug/Dark
Abilities: Speed Boost/-/Rattled
Bite, Leech Life, U-turn, Dig, Rock Throw
Dark Pulse, Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Giga Drain, Power Gem, Struggle Bug
Universal TMs, Reflect, Light Screen, Memento, Toxic
Description: La cucaracha very fast. Tilt your opponent to death with TectSubToxic, or use its somewhat decent stats to nibble a hole in your opponent's team. The shenaniganary is up to you.

Last edited:
Set 1
Fakemon Name: Pillchill
Stats: 159/90/108/40/33/109 (539)
Typing: Ice/Bug
Abilities: Regenerator/Skill Link (Snow Warning)
Moves: Bullet Seed, Twin Needle, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Triple Axel, Twin Needle, Stomping Tantrum, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Night Slash, Wish, Iron Defense, Ice Shard, U-Turn, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Iron Head, Leech Life, Poison Jab, Sword Dance, Body Press, Aromatherapy, X-Scissor, Drill Run, Metal Burst, Icy Wind, Sticky Web
Description: Pillchill is a pillbug, or rather a bug with pills. A chilly bug with pills. It's like an Ice/Bug type inverse of Blissey who needs to wear boots. You can go Skill Link for some mighty STAB power to get around that 80 power limit. It has low SpDef, and two 4x weaknesses. You can use it as an effective cleric or to set up Snow, or to Regenerate. Whatever moveset you use, Boots are almost always non-negotiable. Vulcaraptor is faster and scary. Do you even have room for Drill Run or Stomping Tantrum? Faerinheit resists Ice, 4x to Bug and can roast in turn after laughing with its 137 defense stat.

Set 2
Fakemon Name: Thundred
Stats: 70/115/58/103/85/106 (535)
Abilities: Electric Surge
Moves: Electabuzz's
Description: I mean, Electric Surge alone puts this thing on the map as having a role all its own. This meta has no setters yet besides Centhorn and Thundred does it well, and it's no Koko, who will gladly enjoy the benefits a Fairy typing brings. That said, Thundred has decent coverage with elemental punches, Cross Chop, and Psychic/Focus Blast for special sets. Sadly this has no setup moves, but you can Volt Switch out with a mighty sting.

Set 3
Fakemon Name: Flifnir (Flitter + Fafnir)
Stats: 80/42/117/93/88/90 (510)
Typing: Bug/Dragon
Abilities: Mold Breaker (Compound Eyes)
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Bug Buzz, U-Turn, Universal TM, Quiver Dance, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hurricane, Clanging Scales, Giga Drain, Thunder
Description: What does one expect from a Bug/Dragon? Well, Mold Breaker is likely the way to go or will be. There are very few mons that have abilities that need to be exploited: no ground weak levitators. At best, Thick Fat Borassa (weaker to Bug) and Sap Sipper Abyssiel (who's weak to Bug anyway). This is why Compound Eyes is here: a filler option until Mold Breaker is 'needed' to get around that steel type with Levitate or the next Heatran.
In any case, it's a great Quiver Dancer, and while slower (sorta) than Nunopod, it doesn't have a negative ability and will fall through the tier list on whether Bug/Dragon can muscle through. If Earth Power gives it too much way to muscle through Zoltanka and Faernheit, then I'll remove it and the most likely runner up will be between Fire Blast or Thunder for Parahax but there's more than enough Volt Absorb and Lightning Rodders here so Fire Blast will be a best second runner up.

And yes it gets Protect, but that's because everything except carps and bug babies get Protect. I wouldn't likely focus on it however.

QD is still the best way to go. It's no Volcarona, being slower, weaker and with a rather flimsy STAB combo. But it'll do nicely and one well timed Draco can punch the hole your team needs to win.

Bring boots.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Might make a few changes to some of these.

Fakemon Name: Baloon
Stats: 142/8/127/83/12/130 (502)
Abilities: Refrigerate / Contrary / Symbiosis
Movepool: Dazzling Gleam, Recover, Tri Attack, Roar, Toxic, Anchor Shot, Baneful Bunker, Cotton Guard, Dragon Dance, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Mach Punch, Seismic Toss, Spirit Shackle, Super Fang, Toxic Spikes, Acupressure, Assurance, Conversion, Disarming Voice, Dragon Breath, Echoed Voice, Electro Ball, Feint Attack, Icy Wind, Misty Terrain, Noble Roar, Present, Quash, Reversal, Rock Throw, Stored Power, Tackle, Water Gun
Description: I honestly just had zero ideas and wanted to put Baloon here lol. Having high HP and Defense, only unique abilities to this format, and being pure Fairy meant that all of its changes were either insignificant changes to stats or ways of making its movepool fit the last restriction. It could've fit completely unchanged from Roulettemons with only its typing and ability restrictions, but I wanted to do all four because it's more fun I guess. I had to give it a few moves to compensate for what got snapped by movexit or the movepool restriction, and I also swapped its HP and Defense, but then lowered the Defense and Speed by 10 so it wasn't the fastest thing in the meta. I kinda like Abysseil holding that title. Weaknesses are kind of obvious, this Pokemon is kind of passive and its low Sp. Def can't back up its extremely high HP. You do set Toxic Spikes though which is nice.

Fakemon Name: Mandrive
Stats: 50/60/95/120/70/70 (Magneton, 465)
Abilities: Magnet Pull / Sturdy / Analytic (Magneton)
Movepool: Geomancy, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Power Gem, Dark Pulse, Discharge, Thunder, Volt Switch, Rapid Spin, Leaf Storm, Zap Cannon, Hyper Voice, Uproar, Mud Bomb, Thunder Wave, Charge, Electric Terrain, Metal Sound, Knock Off, Work Up, Roar, Accupressure, Toxic, universal TMs
Description: Scary offensive Pokemon with two main roles. It could firstly use Geomancy to bolster its stats and make it much harder to switch into, and although it's definitely scary after gaining the boosts, it's not unwallable - Sharm, Crypterid, and Borassa wall it, and Centhorn makes a pretty solid check as well. It becomes much harder to check for offense teams after setting up, but Mandrive really can't handle offensive pressure thanks to its terrible bulk, bad Speed, and lack of good resistances. As for its second role, I highly doubt Magnet Pull will be viable in the current environment, but Specs Analytic could be really scary even if the same flaws as before start to show especially here. I don't think Sharm and Centhorn switch in too well but Crypterid and Borassa still beat it, and it's still slow, frail, and lacks resistances. Very threatening when given the right support, but difficult to use otherwise.

Fakemon Name: Pterrost
Stats: 77/127/117/93/66/90 (570)
Typing: Ice/Dragon
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Ice Body / Slush Rush
Movepool: Hone Claws, Triple Axel, Dragon Rush, Icicle Crash, Dragon Claw, Icicle Spear, Earthquake, Body Slam, Work Up, Double-Edge, Metal Claw, universal TMs, will probably give more of a movepool later
Description: Very powerful breaker that utilizes Mold Breaker in two notable ways, those being ignoring Thick Fat and Unaware, thus allowing it to break those two abilities' abusers. You can't break those two with Slush Rush, you NEED Mold Breaker. I decided Hone Claws over Swords Dance for Dragon Rush and Triple Axel, with Hone Claws Dragon Rush only being slightly weaker than SD Dragon Claw and Hone Claws Triple Axel being stronger, and I don't really want to add SD as an option because I don't like the idea of relying on inconsistent moves as your most powerful option. Also, Slush Rush is there just to allow weather cores to exist if that's something that the people submitting and voting want to add. If people don't want it, then they don't have to sub or vote for it, but the option is there. This Pokemon is actually not super fast, since nearly half of the Pokemon in this meta are capable of outspeeding it, so its stats may not be as well-rounded as they seem. It's also stuck into Heavy-Duty Boots and is checked by Polbearab and Faerenheit.

Set 1 (Type, Stats)
Fakemon Name: Golice
Stats: 125 / 77 / 90 / 85 / 80 / 108 BST: 550
Typing: Ice / Rock
Abilities: Sturdy / Stamina | Ice Scales (HA)
Notable Moves: *learns universal TMs
Special: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Earth Power
Physical: Ice Punch, Diamond Storm, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Body Press, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Explosion
Status: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Encore, Taunt, Spiky Shield, Aurora Veil, Reflect, Light Screen, Hail, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Rock Polish, Iron Defense
Description: Blanket check to special attackers (aside from Zoltanka) that can deal with some scary attackers like Afloof, Torgeist, and Spiriteal, and can even check Regolite. It also provides a nice hazard lead thanks to its access to two hazards, Taunt/Encore, Sturdy, and Explosion. Its decent speed for the tier helps in that regard, as well as in conjuction with Meteor Beam for potential offensive sets. While it may cover similar ground to Zoltanka, it has different role compression and can deal with Afloof much better. It would be the only Spikes setter currently, as well.

Set 3 (Type, Ability)
Fakemon Name: Quadringo (design based on my sprite for Bellena from Roulettemons)
Stats: 85 / 110 / 103 / 82 / 78 / 82 | BST: 540
Typing: Fairy / Dragon
Abilities: Keen Eye / Big Pecks | Mold Breaker (HA)
Special: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Surf, Weather Ball
Physical: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Play Rough, Aqua Tail, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Night Slash
Status: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Hone Claws, Roost, Defog, Wish, Refresh, Feather Dance
Description: Primarily a Dragon Dance sweeper, with the option of running Swords Dance to surprise some defensive counters. It can do a lot of damage to this relatively fast and frail metagame once it sets up, although there isn't much that will give it a free opportunity. It has decent matchups vs. the current defensive pokemon, however Faerenheit cannot be OHKOed by it despite it having Aqua Tail, and can Moonblast it back. It probably looks a little stronger than it would end up being because there is only one physically defensive Fairy and no physically defensive Steel types right now.

Last edited:
Set 1
Fakemon Name: Solion (Solar ion. Based on particles in the high atmosphere, which are subjected to extreme temperature variations.)
Stats: 135 / 45 / 55 / 100 / 50 / 130 (515)
Typing: Fire / Ice
Abilities: Technician / No Second Ability / Air Lock

Physical Moves: Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Triple Axel, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Extreme Speed, Ice Shard, Facade
Special Moves: Frost Breath, Incinerate, Freeze-Dry, Fiery Dance, Mystical Fire, Weather Ball, Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Shock Wave, Burning Jealousy, Icy Wind, Glaciate, Fire Spin, Round, Swift, Twister, Water Gun, Snore, Echoed Voice
Status Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond, Morning Sun, Aurora Veil, Defog, Tailwind, Perish Song, Haze, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power, Yawn, Reflect, Light Screen, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Mist, Flatter, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Swagger, Confuse Ray, Endure, Confide, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect

Description: Went for all four restrictions, realized that Vulcaraptor already has Technician (and that pretty much everyone else would do a Technician mon), went with it anyways. This one is a special attacker instead, so it manages to differ itself well enough I think. Frost Breath hits like a truck from this mon, and access to Freeze-Dry and Fire STAB lets it hit Water and Steel-types respectively. Fiery Dance let it push the power higher, but I guess you can use Incinerate for greater initial power. The main thing preventing this mon from outspeeding and obliterating everything is that its moves (besides Frost Breath) are fairly weak, especially with a mediocre 100 base Special Attack and pretty much necessity to run Boots. It also doesn't really have coverage for opposing Fire types (besides Water Gun), instead running a utility option in the last slot. By the way it is not bulky, its uninvested bulk is roughly equivalent to a mon with 82 / 81 / 74 bulk stats.

EDIT: This mon doesn't meet the stat restriction either.... turns out I completely misread the slate. I'm leaving the stats as is since this still meets two of the restrictions.
Solion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Frost Breath
- Fiery Dance
- Freeze-Dry
- Knock Off / Rapid Spin / Destiny Bond / Toxic / Water Gun

Set 2
Fakemon Name: Armorc (Literally an orc. That's a fairytale creature, right? Close enough.)
Stats: 59 / 110 / 150 / 45 / 49 / 35 (448)
Typing: Steel / Fairy
Abilities: No Guard / No Second Ability / No Third Ability

Physical Moves: Play Rough, Gyro Ball, Bullet Punch, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Drill Run, Stomping Tantrum, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Blaze Kick, Fire Punch, Heavy Slam, Superpower, Cross Chop, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Throat Chop, Double-Edge, Body Slam, Brick Break, Zen Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Misty Explosion, Round, Snore
Status Moves: Trick Room, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, Curse, Bulk Up, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Attract, Swagger, Toxic, Confide, Misty Terrain, Sandstorm, Endure, Protect, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk

Description: Doublade expy. It's well primed to set up and abuse Trick Room thanks to its low speed and excellent physical movepool backed by No Guard and a decent Attack stat. Steel / Fairy isn't the best offensive STAB combo, being resisted by Steel and Fire, but Drill Run is all you need for those, giving you great coverage. And of course it's great defensively. Access to Swords Dance and Bullet Punch give it offensive options outside of Trick Room as well if you would like to run it like that, and No Guard makes Iron Tail, Drill Run, and Play Rough into consistent options. This mon has some 4MSS and cannot fit all the coverage and setup moves it would like into one set. It has pretty poor stats overall by this meta's standards, with awful special bulk, an inability to outspeed even many defensive mons, and 110 attack non-stab Drill Run will miss out on KOs (Faerenheit). Still.... self-Trick Room setting while being that slow (It would be the slowest thing in the meta) seems very potent.
Armorc @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Drill Run / Cross Chop
- Gyro Ball / Iron Tail / Swords Dance

Set 3
Fakemon Name: Cicatrice ("Cicada" + "cockatrice". Comes with an extra pun for the french speakers.)
Stats: 80 / 75 / 117 / 93 / 75 / 90 (530)
Typing: Dragon / Bug
Abilities: Speed Boost / Mold Breaker / Punk Rock

Physical Moves: U-turn, Body Press, Lunge, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Crunch, First Impression, Scale Shot, Thunder Fang, Drill Peck, Pluck, Breaking Swipe, Bite, Shadow Claw, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Bug Buzz, Clanging Scales, Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Overdrive, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Meteor Beam, Hyper Voice, Belch, Echoed Voice, Struggle Bug, Dragon Breath, Round, Snore, Uproar, Hyper Beam
Status Moves: Protect, Clangorous Soul, Sticky Web, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Agility, Work Up, Iron Defense, Hone Claws, Eerie Impulse, Metal Sound, Swagger, Sandstorm, Confide, Endure, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk

Description: This mon technically meets all of the restrictions, but it probably won't be using Protect or Mold Breaker most of the time. Most of the time, it'll be a potent special attacker taking advantage of Punk Rock. Punk Rock boosts its main STAB options in Clanging Scales and Bug Buzz, as well as its other moves, like Boomburst, making for a good wallbreaker that can also U-turn out. Access to Clangorous Soul lets it be a threatening sweeper too, if a bit slow. Interesting tech like Speed Boost lets it potentially clean up offense easier, and Mold Breaker allows it to either get up Sticky Webs in the face of any hypothetical Magic Bounce or break through Unaware on a setup set. This mon's checks would include bulky Fairy and Steel types, since they both resist Dragon and Bug, although it can hit Fairy types pretty hard with Boomburst. Dragon / Bug, while a cool type, isn't really that great defensively or offensively and comes with a Stealth Rock weakness which could be bad. Zoltanka in particular would wall this thing super well.
Cicatrice @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Bug Buzz
- Boomburst
- U-turn / Snarl

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
Fakemon Name: Flydra (Fly+Hydra)
Stats: 60/95/50/120/80/125 (530 BST)
Abilities: Compound Eyes/Levitate/(Swarm)
Movepool: Air Slash, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush, Dragon Tail, Dual Wingbeat, Ember, First Impression, Flamethrower, Fly, Heat Wave, Hyper Beam, Infestation, Leech Life, Lunge, Outrage, Roost, Scale Shot, Skitter Smack, Struggle Bug, Twister, U-Turn, All Universal TMs
Description: Do you like flies? No? How about three-headed flies? Because that's what this pokemon is. Flydra is fast and quite powerful but it has poor physical bulk. Its coverage is also not great because it leaves it easily walled by fairies. It has the ability to run physical set-up sets but those are probably not going to be its best sets. It will be most effective as a choice specs pivot with dual stabs, heat wave and u-turn. Overall, a dangerous offensive dragon type.

Based off Rhydon
Fakemon Name: Coracrab (Coral+Crab)
Stats: 105/130/120/45/45/40 (485 BST)
Typing: Water/Rock
Abilities: Lightning Rod/Rock Head/Reckless
Movepool: Accelerock, Ancient Power, Aqua Jet, Blizzard, Bubble Beam, Bulldoze, Crabhammer, Curse, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Giga Impact, High Horsepower, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Knock Off, Liquidation, Meteor Beam, Recover, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Scald, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Submission, Superpower, Surf, Swords Dance, Taunt, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Wild Charge, X-Scissor, All Universal TMs
Description: A crab made of coral as you could probably tell from its name. It uses its coral branches as lightning rods to negate its weakness to electricity. Coracrab hits very hard and has high physical bulk but its speed and special bulk are incredibly low. One of its best sets is probably going to be Swords Dance+Double Priority as Accelerock and Aqua Jet are able to hit a lot of the tier super effectively. Outside of that, access to Recover, Stealth Rock, Spikes and Knock Off can make it a good physical wall with decent utility.

DuoM2

whao
Voting has now begun and will likely end in 72 hours.

set 1
Name: Aurobesque
Stats: 75/85/75/115/77/97
Abilities: Technician/-/Dancer
Triple Axel, Rapid Spin, Double Kick
Aurora Beam, Freeze Dry, Dazzling Gleam, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Magical Leaf, Disarming Voice, Shock Wave, Water Pulse
Aurora Veil, Quiver Dance, Hail, Universal TMs, Sweet Kiss, Heal Bell
Description: Ice-skating ballerina. Sort of frail set-up sweeper with just enough coverage, but not quite.
Set 1
Fakemon Name: Pillchill
Stats: 159/90/108/40/33/109 (539)
Typing: Ice/Bug
Abilities: Regenerator/Skill Link (Snow Warning)
Moves: Bullet Seed, Twin Needle, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Triple Axel, Twin Needle, Stomping Tantrum, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Night Slash, Wish, Iron Defense, Ice Shard, U-Turn, Brick Break, Drain Punch, Iron Head, Leech Life, Poison Jab, Sword Dance, Body Press, Aromatherapy, X-Scissor, Drill Run, Metal Burst, Icy Wind, Sticky Web
Description: Pillchill is a pillbug, or rather a bug with pills. A chilly bug with pills. It's like an Ice/Bug type inverse of Blissey who needs to wear boots. You can go Skill Link for some mighty STAB power to get around that 80 power limit. It has low SpDef, and two 4x weaknesses. You can use it as an effective cleric or to set up Snow, or to Regenerate. Whatever moveset you use, Boots are almost always non-negotiable. Vulcaraptor is faster and scary. Do you even have room for Drill Run or Stomping Tantrum? Faerinheit resists Ice, 4x to Bug and can roast in turn after laughing with its 137 defense stat.
Fakemon Name: Baloon
Stats: 142/8/127/83/12/130 (502)
Abilities: Refrigerate / Contrary / Symbiosis
Movepool: Dazzling Gleam, Recover, Tri Attack, Roar, Toxic, Anchor Shot, Baneful Bunker, Cotton Guard, Dragon Dance, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Mach Punch, Seismic Toss, Spirit Shackle, Super Fang, Toxic Spikes, Acupressure, Assurance, Conversion, Disarming Voice, Dragon Breath, Echoed Voice, Electro Ball, Feint Attack, Icy Wind, Misty Terrain, Noble Roar, Present, Quash, Reversal, Rock Throw, Stored Power, Tackle, Water Gun
Description: I honestly just had zero ideas and wanted to put Baloon here lol. Having high HP and Defense, only unique abilities to this format, and being pure Fairy meant that all of its changes were either insignificant changes to stats or ways of making its movepool fit the last restriction. It could've fit completely unchanged from Roulettemons with only its typing and ability restrictions, but I wanted to do all four because it's more fun I guess. I had to give it a few moves to compensate for what got snapped by movexit or the movepool restriction, and I also swapped its HP and Defense, but then lowered the Defense and Speed by 10 so it wasn't the fastest thing in the meta. I kinda like Abysseil holding that title. Weaknesses are kind of obvious, this Pokemon is kind of passive and its low Sp. Def can't back up its extremely high HP. You do set Toxic Spikes though which is nice.
Set 1 (Type, Stats)
Fakemon Name: Golice
Stats: 125 / 77 / 90 / 85 / 80 / 108 BST: 550
Typing: Ice / Rock
Abilities: Sturdy / Stamina | Ice Scales (HA)
Special: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Earth Power
Physical: Ice Punch, Diamond Storm, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Body Press, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Explosion
Status: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Encore, Taunt, Spiky Shield, Aurora Veil, Reflect, Light Screen, Hail, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Rock Polish, Iron Defense
Description: Blanket check to special attackers (aside from Zoltanka) that can deal with some scary attackers like Afloof, Torgeist, and Spiriteal, and can even check Regolite. It also provides a nice hazard lead thanks to its access to two hazards, Taunt/Encore, Sturdy, and Explosion. Its decent speed for the tier helps in that regard, as well as in conjuction with Meteor Beam for potential offensive sets. While it may cover similar ground to Zoltanka, it has different role compression and can deal with Afloof much better. It would be the only Spikes setter currently, as well.
Set 1
Fakemon Name: Solion (Solar ion. Based on particles in the high atmosphere, which are subjected to extreme temperature variations.)
Stats: 135 / 45 / 55 / 100 / 50 / 130 (515)
Typing: Fire / Ice
Abilities: Technician / No Second Ability / Air Lock

Physical Moves: Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Triple Axel, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Extreme Speed, Ice Shard, Facade
Special Moves: Frost Breath, Incinerate, Freeze-Dry, Fiery Dance, Mystical Fire, Weather Ball, Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Shock Wave, Burning Jealousy, Icy Wind, Glaciate, Fire Spin, Round, Swift, Twister, Water Gun, Snore, Echoed Voice
Status Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond, Morning Sun, Aurora Veil, Defog, Tailwind, Perish Song, Haze, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power, Yawn, Reflect, Light Screen, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Mist, Flatter, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Swagger, Confuse Ray, Endure, Confide, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect

Description: Went for all four restrictions, realized that Vulcaraptor already has Technician (and that pretty much everyone else would do a Technician mon), went with it anyways. This one is a special attacker instead, so it manages to differ itself well enough I think. Frost Breath hits like a truck from this mon, and access to Freeze-Dry and Fire STAB lets it hit Water and Steel-types respectively. Fiery Dance let it push the power higher, but I guess you can use Incinerate for greater initial power. The main thing preventing this mon from outspeeding and obliterating everything is that its moves (besides Frost Breath) are fairly weak, especially with a mediocre 100 base Special Attack and pretty much necessity to run Boots. It also doesn't really have coverage for opposing Fire types (besides Water Gun), instead running a utility option in the last slot. By the way it is not bulky, its uninvested bulk is roughly equivalent to a mon with 82 / 81 / 74 bulk stats.

EDIT: This mon doesn't meet the stat restriction either.... turns out I completely misread the slate. I'm leaving the stats as is since this still meets two of the restrictions.
Solion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Frost Breath
- Fiery Dance
- Freeze-Dry
- Knock Off / Rapid Spin / Destiny Bond / Toxic / Water Gun
Fakemon Name: Flydra (Fly+Hydra)
Stats: 60/95/50/120/80/125 (530 BST)
Abilities: Compound Eyes/Levitate/(Swarm)
Movepool: Air Slash, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush, Dragon Tail, Dual Wingbeat, Ember, First Impression, Flamethrower, Fly, Heat Wave, Hyper Beam, Infestation, Leech Life, Lunge, Outrage, Roost, Scale Shot, Skitter Smack, Struggle Bug, Twister, U-Turn, All Universal TMs
Description: Do you like flies? No? How about three-headed flies? Because that's what this pokemon is. Flydra is fast and quite powerful but it has poor physical bulk. Its coverage is also not great because it leaves it easily walled by fairies. It has the ability to run physical set-up sets but those are probably not going to be its best sets. It will be most effective as a choice specs pivot with dual stabs, heat wave and u-turn. Overall, a dangerous offensive dragon type.

Set 2 (based on Porygon2)
Name: Chimeraid (Chimera + Mermaid)
Typing: Ghost/Steel
Abilities: Competitive | Cursed Body
Stats: 85/80/90/105/95/60
Notable Moves: Porygon2's movepool (Recover, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Teleport, Toxic, Trick Room, Reflect, Trick, Foul Play, Magic Coat, Psychic, Psyshock)
Description: Designed to be a powerful support mon. This mermaid was found lost at sea, and researches experimented on it, turning it into a hideous beast that looks paranormal and futuristic.
  • Ghost/Steel with Competitive both blocks Rapid Spin and punishes Defog, and it can hit surprisingly hard with +2 Shadow Ball. Magic Coat also deters hazards going down.
  • While it's block is average, it's deceptively bulky. It resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic and doesn't take Sand damage. Due to this, it really doesn't mind not having HDB.
  • Isn't a momentum drain due to Teleport. Double status also prevent it from being passive.
  • Offensive sets kind of suck due to its low speed, but could make it work if you get a Competitive boost, especially due to Trick
set 2 (there's a steel type in the list, I wonder what might happen)
Name: Wetneton (Magneton)
Stats: 50/60/95/120/70/70
Typing: Electric/Steel
Abilities: Magnet Pull/Water Bubble/Analytic
Movepool: In addition to Magneton's existing movepool,
Waterfall, Flip Turn
Water Pulse, Surf
Soak, remove Sunny Day
Description: Wetneton, the wet magnet pokemon. You get it by throwing 3 magnemites into water. 120 SpAtk Water Bubble seems scary, but I swear there are still switch ins just because it isn't STAB.
Set 2
Fakemon Name: Thundred
Stats: 70/115/58/103/85/106 (535)
Abilities: Electric Surge
Moves: Electabuzz's
Description: I mean, Electric Surge alone puts this thing on the map as having a role all its own. This meta has no setters yet besides Centhorn and Thundred does it well, and it's no Koko, who will gladly enjoy the benefits a Fairy typing brings. That said, Thundred has decent coverage with elemental punches, Cross Chop, and Psychic/Focus Blast for special sets. Sadly this has no setup moves, but you can Volt Switch out with a mighty sting.
Fakemon Name: Mandrive
Stats: 50/60/95/120/70/70 (Magneton, 465)
Abilities: Magnet Pull / Sturdy / Analytic (Magneton)
Movepool: Geomancy, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Power Gem, Dark Pulse, Discharge, Thunder, Volt Switch, Rapid Spin, Leaf Storm, Zap Cannon, Hyper Voice, Uproar, Mud Bomb, Thunder Wave, Charge, Electric Terrain, Metal Sound, Knock Off, Work Up, Roar, Accupressure, Toxic, universal TMs
Description: Scary offensive Pokemon with two main roles. It could firstly use Geomancy to bolster its stats and make it much harder to switch into, and although it's definitely scary after gaining the boosts, it's not unwallable - Sharm, Crypterid, and Borassa wall it, and Centhorn makes a pretty solid check as well. It becomes much harder to check for offense teams after setting up, but Mandrive really can't handle offensive pressure thanks to its terrible bulk, bad Speed, and lack of good resistances. As for its second role, I highly doubt Magnet Pull will be viable in the current environment, but Specs Analytic could be really scary even if the same flaws as before start to show especially here. I don't think Sharm and Centhorn switch in too well but Crypterid and Borassa still beat it, and it's still slow, frail, and lacks resistances. Very threatening when given the right support, but difficult to use otherwise.
Set 2
Fakemon Name: Armorc (Literally an orc. That's a fairytale creature, right? Close enough.)
Stats: 59 / 110 / 150 / 45 / 49 / 35 (448)
Typing: Steel / Fairy
Abilities: No Guard / No Second Ability / No Third Ability

Physical Moves: Play Rough, Gyro Ball, Bullet Punch, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Drill Run, Stomping Tantrum, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Blaze Kick, Fire Punch, Heavy Slam, Superpower, Cross Chop, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Throat Chop, Double-Edge, Body Slam, Brick Break, Zen Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Misty Explosion, Round, Snore
Status Moves: Trick Room, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, Curse, Bulk Up, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Attract, Swagger, Toxic, Confide, Misty Terrain, Sandstorm, Endure, Protect, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk

Description: Doublade expy. It's well primed to set up and abuse Trick Room thanks to its low speed and excellent physical movepool backed by No Guard and a decent Attack stat. Steel / Fairy isn't the best offensive STAB combo, being resisted by Steel and Fire, but Drill Run is all you need for those, giving you great coverage. And of course it's great defensively. Access to Swords Dance and Bullet Punch give it offensive options outside of Trick Room as well if you would like to run it like that, and No Guard makes Iron Tail, Drill Run, and Play Rough into consistent options. This mon has some 4MSS and cannot fit all the coverage and setup moves it would like into one set. It has pretty poor stats overall by this meta's standards, with awful special bulk, an inability to outspeed even many defensive mons, and 110 attack non-stab Drill Run will miss out on KOs (Faerenheit). Still.... self-Trick Room setting while being that slow (It would be the slowest thing in the meta) seems very potent.
Armorc @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Drill Run / Cross Chop
- Gyro Ball / Iron Tail / Swords Dance
Based off Rhydon
Fakemon Name: Coracrab (Coral+Crab)
Stats: 105/130/120/45/45/40 (485 BST)
Typing: Water/Rock
Abilities: Lightning Rod/Rock Head/Reckless
Movepool: Accelerock, Ancient Power, Aqua Jet, Blizzard, Bubble Beam, Bulldoze, Crabhammer, Curse, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Giga Impact, High Horsepower, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Knock Off, Liquidation, Meteor Beam, Recover, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Scald, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Submission, Superpower, Surf, Swords Dance, Taunt, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Wild Charge, X-Scissor, All Universal TMs
Description: A crab made of coral as you could probably tell from its name. It uses its coral branches as lightning rods to negate its weakness to electricity. Coracrab hits very hard and has high physical bulk but its speed and special bulk are incredibly low. One of its best sets is probably going to be Swords Dance+Double Priority as Accelerock and Aqua Jet are able to hit a lot of the tier super effectively. Outside of that, access to Recover, Stealth Rock, Spikes and Knock Off can make it a good physical wall with decent utility.

set 3
Name: Nyoomer
Stats: 40/70/117/93/55/90
Typing: Bug/Dark
Abilities: Speed Boost/-/Rattled
Bite, Leech Life, U-turn, Dig, Rock Throw
Dark Pulse, Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Giga Drain, Power Gem, Struggle Bug
Universal TMs, Reflect, Light Screen, Memento, Toxic
Description: La cucaracha very fast. Tilt your opponent to death with TectSubToxic, or use its somewhat decent stats to nibble a hole in your opponent's team. The shenaniganary is up to you.
Set 3
Fakemon Name: Flifnir (Flitter + Fafnir)
Stats: 80/42/117/93/88/90 (510)
Abilities: Mold Breaker (Compound Eyes)
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Bug Buzz, U-Turn, Universal TM, Quiver Dance, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hurricane, Clanging Scales, Giga Drain, Thunder
Description: What does one expect from a Bug/Dragon? Well, Mold Breaker is likely the way to go or will be. There are very few mons that have abilities that need to be exploited: no ground weak levitators. At best, Thick Fat Borassa (weaker to Bug) and Sap Sipper Abyssiel (who's weak to Bug anyway). This is why Compound Eyes is here: a filler option until Mold Breaker is 'needed' to get around that steel type with Levitate or the next Heatran.
In any case, it's a great Quiver Dancer, and while slower (sorta) than Nunopod, it doesn't have a negative ability and will fall through the tier list on whether Bug/Dragon can muscle through. If Earth Power gives it too much way to muscle through Zoltanka and Faernheit, then I'll remove it and the most likely runner up will be between Fire Blast or Thunder for Parahax but there's more than enough Volt Absorb and Lightning Rodders here so Fire Blast will be a best second runner up.

And yes it gets Protect, but that's because everything except carps and bug babies get Protect. I wouldn't likely focus on it however.

QD is still the best way to go. It's no Volcarona, being slower, weaker and with a rather flimsy STAB combo. But it'll do nicely and one well timed Draco can punch the hole your team needs to win.

Bring boots.
Fakemon Name: Pterrost
Stats: 77/127/117/93/66/90 (570)
Typing: Ice/Dragon
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Ice Body / Slush Rush
Movepool: Hone Claws, Triple Axel, Dragon Rush, Icicle Crash, Dragon Claw, Icicle Spear, Earthquake, Body Slam, Work Up, Double-Edge, Metal Claw, universal TMs, will probably give more of a movepool later
Description: Very powerful breaker that utilizes Mold Breaker in two notable ways, those being ignoring Thick Fat and Unaware, thus allowing it to break those two abilities' abusers. You can't break those two with Slush Rush, you NEED Mold Breaker. I decided Hone Claws over Swords Dance for Dragon Rush and Triple Axel, with Hone Claws Dragon Rush only being slightly weaker than SD Dragon Claw and Hone Claws Triple Axel being stronger, and I don't really want to add SD as an option because I don't like the idea of relying on inconsistent moves as your most powerful option. Also, Slush Rush is there just to allow weather cores to exist if that's something that the people submitting and voting want to add. If people don't want it, then they don't have to sub or vote for it, but the option is there. This Pokemon is actually not super fast, since nearly half of the Pokemon in this meta are capable of outspeeding it, so its stats may not be as well-rounded as they seem. It's also stuck into Heavy-Duty Boots and is checked by Polbearab and Faerenheit.
Set 3 (Type, Ability)
Fakemon Name: Quadringo (design based on my sprite for Bellena from Roulettemons)
Stats: 85 / 110 / 103 / 82 / 78 / 82 | BST: 540
Typing: Fairy / Dragon
Abilities: Keen Eye / Big Pecks | Mold Breaker (HA)
Special: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Surf, Weather Ball
Physical: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Play Rough, Aqua Tail, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Night Slash
Status: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Hone Claws, Roost, Defog, Wish, Refresh, Feather Dance
Description: Primarily a Dragon Dance sweeper, with the option of running Swords Dance to surprise some defensive counters. It can do a lot of damage to this relatively fast and frail metagame once it sets up, although there isn't much that will give it a free opportunity. It has decent matchups vs. the current defensive pokemon, however Faerenheit cannot be OHKOed by it despite it having Aqua Tail, and can Moonblast it back. It probably looks a little stronger than it would end up being because there is only one physically defensive Fairy and no physically defensive Steel types right now.
Set 3
Fakemon Name: Cicatrice ("Cicada" + "cockatrice". Comes with an extra pun for the french speakers.)
Stats: 80 / 75 / 117 / 93 / 75 / 90 (530)
Typing: Dragon / Bug
Abilities: Speed Boost / Mold Breaker / Punk Rock

Physical Moves: U-turn, Body Press, Lunge, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Crunch, First Impression, Scale Shot, Thunder Fang, Drill Peck, Pluck, Breaking Swipe, Bite, Shadow Claw, Facade, Giga Impact
Special Moves: Bug Buzz, Clanging Scales, Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Overdrive, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Meteor Beam, Hyper Voice, Belch, Echoed Voice, Struggle Bug, Dragon Breath, Round, Snore, Uproar, Hyper Beam
Status Moves: Protect, Clangorous Soul, Sticky Web, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Agility, Work Up, Iron Defense, Hone Claws, Eerie Impulse, Metal Sound, Swagger, Sandstorm, Confide, Endure, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk

Description: This mon technically meets all of the restrictions, but it probably won't be using Protect or Mold Breaker most of the time. Most of the time, it'll be a potent special attacker taking advantage of Punk Rock. Punk Rock boosts its main STAB options in Clanging Scales and Bug Buzz, as well as its other moves, like Boomburst, making for a good wallbreaker that can also U-turn out. Access to Clangorous Soul lets it be a threatening sweeper too, if a bit slow. Interesting tech like Speed Boost lets it potentially clean up offense easier, and Mold Breaker allows it to either get up Sticky Webs in the face of any hypothetical Magic Bounce or break through Unaware on a setup set. This mon's checks would include bulky Fairy and Steel types, since they both resist Dragon and Bug, although it can hit Fairy types pretty hard with Boomburst. Dragon / Bug, while a cool type, isn't really that great defensively or offensively and comes with a Stealth Rock weakness which could be bad. Zoltanka in particular would wall this thing super well.
Cicatrice @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Bug Buzz
- Boomburst
- U-turn / Snarl

And for preparing subs for next slate...

1611106889315.png

I'm going to say right now that I'm going to advise against using all four restrictions in Set 3. If you want to then by all means, but you're going to want to have a pretty strong argument for why it's balanced. As it stands, only four Pokemon in the meta (Torgeist, Faerenheit, Crypterid, and Scimicobra) are capable of taking a Banded U-Turn from that full set. Three of those lack recovery and get 3HKOd, and the last is pretty passive and can be exploited easily by a potential teammate thanks to the absurd amount of momentum. It's not impossible to use all four and for it to be balanced, but it's going to be difficult, and I'm going to be watching this slate in particular very closely.

If you need a list of all of the XY new abilities... Aerilate, Aroma Veil, Aura Break, Bulletproof, Cheek Pouch, Competitive, Dark Aura, Fairy Aura, Flower Veil, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Gooey, Grass Pelt, Magician, Mega Launcher, Parental Bond, Pixilate, Protean, Refrigerate, Strong Jaw, Sweet Veil, Symbiosis, Tough Claws.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)