Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Breeding in Emerald is much easier than in R/S. The only reason to breed in R/S is if you don't have Emerald, or you want a challenge.

I have Raikou and Latias to be generated in my HeartGold. They will continue to be generated in frames 6 and 11, respectively, as would be if I also had the Entei to be generated, or they will be generated in frames 1 and 6, respectively?

EDIT: Found the information.

Does anyone know what the encounter slot for this spread is in Emerald?

144187324F 4524f904 (CAREFUL, ability 0) 31/31/31/7/31/31 (Seed: 220204b7 Frame: 203) HP DARK 70

I assume that each frame in all gen 3 games only has 1 encounter slot, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know what the encounter slot for this spread is in Emerald?

144187324F 4524f904 (CAREFUL, ability 0) 31/31/31/7/31/31 (Seed: 220204b7 Frame: 203) HP DARK 70

I assume that each frame in all gen 3 games only has 1 encounter slot, please correct me if I'm wrong.
There are no encounter slots in Emerald, I used to capture multiple Pokemon on the same route with the same spread, just standing in a different grass patch.

OD EDIT: Yes, there are encounter slots in Emerald. The Pokemon you get depends on the encounter slot for that frame. Use Method H-1, H-2, and H-4 for wild Pokemon.

There are no encounter slots in Emerald, I used to capture multiple Pokemon on the same route with the same spread, just standing in a different grass patch.
:)

So to completely clarify, I can catch every Pokemon that's available in the wild with the same spread?

I ask because this exists.

:)

So to completely clarify, I can catch every Pokemon that's available in the wild with the same spread?

I ask because this exists.
Yea I don't know about that but I used to encounter multiple shinies on the same route just by advancing more or less and standing in different grass patches. I remember encountering a ton of shiny Shuppet's when I was aiming for a Dusclops. I always used a synchronizer btw.

Yea I don't know about that but I used to encounter multiple shinies on the same route just by advancing more or less and standing in different grass patches. I remember encountering a ton of shiny Shuppet's when I was aiming for a Dusclops. I always used a synchronizer btw.
Oh right, I forgot that you can use a syncher in Emerald

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I can remember how it works (since the first thing I ever RNGed was an Adamant Groudon on my actual game pak in like, early 2009)

Let's say I have a Careful syncher, and the Careful spread I want is on frame 3000, with the earliest one before that being on frame 2990. I could encounter the Pokemon anywhere between frame 2991 and 3000 inclusively and I would get something with the desired spread, right?

So in other words, it jumps to the first frame with the syncher's nature when you encounter a Pokemon?

Actually, there ARE encounter slots in Emerald. It's been suspected for awhile but only recently cracked. Use the newly-implemented Methods H-1, H-2, and H-3. The reason that people have gotten multiple different Pokémon in the same area on seemingly the same frame is because Synchronize causes the same spread to appear on more than 1 frame (hence making it easier to hit), and often these different frames will have different encounter slots. Synchronize doesn't "jump" forward to the next appropriately-natured spread like we thought.

i'm trying to do the calibration phrase with my action replay in so that i can hatch eggs and check ivs quicker in platinum. However, it keeps saying my IVs don't match up. i've checked to make sure all dates and times are correct and synced with the clock i'm using. i've made sure all codes are not pre-loaded, but every time i input the nature and ivs, it doesn't find a seed. can someone tell me what's up? i use the tm/hm iv check code

Do you have an egg already ready in the daycare? If so simply attempt to hit a seed for the egg with the AR in, set the delay +/- to 99 and then input your coin flips. This will tell you what delay you hit(and inturn give you the updated calibrated delay in your timer).

EDIT: When you open eon timer the calibrated delay for DPPt should be around 590-600 so don't use the 480 that's in there as thats for HG/SS. Calibrating is pretty outdated now.

well i know what my soft reset delay and stuff is. and i don't have an egg in the daycare right now. i was hoping to be able to work it out with my action replay so i don't have to make a bunch of unneeded adjustments. i've seen people online find their delay using the action replay. but i suppose if you don't much else about my problem i may just have to do that.

I think it's easier than what you're trying to do with the capturing. If you know your soft reset delay(without the AR) then put that in to the timers calibrated for the first time through.

If you'd rather you can do the same thing for a capture, simply pick a seed(any seed), go to an any area other than a place with rain or sandstorm. Attempt to hit it with your normal calibrated delay in the timer, the delay you're aiming for, and then once in game record the flips and input them into RNGreporter. Remember to have the delay +/- to 99.

ok. all i'm trying to do with the capturing is the initial callibrating phase steps, just by pushing start on the AR instead of soft resetting. so it, in theory, shouldn't be any more difficult, but i'll just get an egg going and figure it out with +/- 99 delay. thanks

edit:
sorry to be a pain! found out that the IV checker switches the order of the IVs. speed is in the fourth slot rather than the last slot. thanks and sorry for the trouble

New to the RNG thing but have done plenty of reading. Currently I'm just trying to hit any spread...ANY, for a shiny Groudon in Soulsilver. I've looked over this stuff, done it for hours, and used pikatimer (which I think may be the problem), but can't seem to hit any spreads at all (my prof elm calls show up wrong for any shiny spreads). Can someone point me in the direction of the way to hit a spread? (brain fried)

These are the links I've been using, besides this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyChWsfHL48
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3312085
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456855

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you. I'm no dummy, but have the feeling I'm overlooking something or going about this the wrong way.

Cassie

giant claw
New to the RNG thing but have done plenty of reading. Currently I'm just trying to hit any spread...ANY, for a shiny Groudon in Soulsilver. I've looked over this stuff, done it for hours, and used pikatimer (which I think may be the problem), but can't seem to hit any spreads at all (my prof elm calls show up wrong for any shiny spreads). Can someone point me in the direction of the way to hit a spread? (brain fried)

These are the links I've been using, besides this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyChWsfHL48
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3312085
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456855

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you. I'm no dummy, but have the feeling I'm overlooking something or going about this the wrong way.
I'm assuming you do understand the concept of getting the shiny pokemon then.

My advice would be to use toastplusone's eontimer/zomgtimer. It helps a LOT and most people would agree that it's more accurate.

You may want to post your ID/SID, the seed you found and want to hit, and your calibrated stuff that you put into your timer.

Thank you; and I am at work but will post the ID and SID later...I apologize for not having it straight away; just wanted to see if I was on the right path. I understand the concept of getting the shiny pokemon (again, not stupid), I may have worded things awkwardly or incorrectly here. Just looking for any set that will get me a shiny (SRing is not working and is way too tedious, and when something like this can be learned instead...). Thank you for the suggestion on the timer; I'll follow through with more information here.

I'm RNGing a shiny timid Giratina in the Distortion World 30/15/30/31/31/31, and am using the latest version of RNG Reporter. I RNGed my TID/SID combo to be 2825/42191 respectively, so with no synchronizer, I should get the desired spread on frame 209, with the seed b313080d.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble just hitting my target time of 19:33:30. I've been using eonTimer, with calibrated delay at 600, and calibrated seconds at 15. I seem to fairly consistently hit the target time 19:33:21, despite changing target seconds and calibrated seconds (anything that might work) on eonTimer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm RNGing a shiny timid Giratina in the Distortion World 30/15/30/31/31/31, and am using the latest version of RNG Reporter. I RNGed my TID/SID combo to be 2825/42191 respectively, so with no synchronizer, I should get the desired spread on frame 209, with the seed b313080d.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble just hitting my target time of 19:33:30. I've been using eonTimer, with calibrated delay at 600, and calibrated seconds at 15. I seem to fairly consistently hit the target time 19:33:21, despite changing target seconds and calibrated seconds (anything that might work) on eonTimer.

Try hitting 9 seconds later then your normally do.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy

Don't set your seconds that much apart from your target. Try setting them to +-1 and search again. Maybe you're just getting a false positive.

Went and got EonTimer. Here is what I'm coming up with/my info:

ID 33287
SID 18661
Seed 510401F7

Supposed to set it to 1/1/2012 and 4:21:59. Right now I have EonTimer to 500, 16, 491, 59 in order. This is SoulSilver.

Hopefully that helps! Much appreciated.

Went and got EonTimer. Here is what I'm coming up with/my info:

ID 33287
SID 18661
Seed 510401F7

Supposed to set it to 1/1/2012 and 4:21:59. Right now I have EonTimer to 500, 16, 491, 59 in order. This is SoulSilver.

Hopefully that helps! Much appreciated.
Your target delay may be too low. You should still be able to at least find out what you're hitting, though.

1) Set date to 1/1/2012
2) Set time to 4:21 AND start EonTimer at the same time
3) Press A to load game from DS menu screen when the first timer hits 0
4) Press A on Continue screen to enter game when the second timer hits 0

Are you doing those steps correctly?

so is there anyway in platinum, while trying to hatch a pokemon with certain ivs, to make your frame go up by 1? so let's say my initial frame was 4 and i need to hit a frame of 9, is there an easy way to do 4 page flips and then somehow advance it one frame? i heard it advances a frame depending on how long i take to receive the egg from the guy. if that is true, how long do i need to wait before it advances 1 frame? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)