Tournament ZUPL IV - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
thanks to the amazing Clementine for the logo!
ZUPL-IV.png

We're now on the opening acts of the ZUPL IV, with possibly less hosting hiccups and more skribb.io rounds than ever*
*may or may not be illegal
Manager signups are now open, for both new and returning managers!

After a good deal of discussion, the tier leaders ultimately decided that:
- Co-managers will be allowed (duh), but only one of you (manager or co-manager) may self-buy and play
- One retain per team will be allowed, at the usual SPL prices (last year's price +3k, minimum 10k)
Regarding manager pricing:
- New managers will cost a flat 15k
- Returning managers will cost 15k + differential of ZUPL III (if positive, not counting playoff games)

When signing up, please compile one of this two forms:
- For returning ZUPL managers:
Code:
Team name:
Assistant manager:
Past experiences:
- For new managers (you can find the ZUPL III names and rosters here):
Code:
Team name / desired team name:
Assistant manager:
Past experiences:
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any):
Deadline is Sunday, 26th June, at 11:59 AM (GMT+2)

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
Team name: tbd
Assistant manager: the voices inside of my head (tbd?)
Past experiences: managed zupl, zu council, managed pupl and puwc where my team made semis and finals respectively, managing bdsp pl where my team is in finals tiebreak

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Team name / desired team name: Sacred Sakura :cherrim-sunshine:
Assistant manager: Staxi
Past experiences: I am ZUTL and I comanaged with Ho3n and Apagogie in the past two ZUPL. Staxi is an experienced manager who namely won SCL, UPL, and SMPL as a manager.
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any): Hakamo-os, I played with them last year.

Team name / desired team name: Shiiny Shiinotics
Assistant manager: OranBerryBlissey10
Past experiences: I won last ZUPL as a player, I have also participated in other teamtours as a player and/or supporting such as PUWC (finals), NDWC (semis), OMPL (semis), NFEPL (semis), and LCWC. Both me and my assman10 have plenty of experience on ZU and teamtours here. OBB10 is a super supportive player and builder with great knowledge about ZU and I am more like a supportive guy wherever is needed. I think we both do a good manager duo.
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any): NA

Last edited:
Team name / desired team name: le chonk gagnants
Assistant manager: Greybaum
Past experiences: managed first 2 zupl various other team tour experience, extensive knowledge across generations, I’ve played this tier for too long
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any): doesn’t matter

Last edited:
Team name: Morpeek-A-Boos
Assistant manager: btboy
Past experiences: I managed ZUPL & UMPL last year making Semis and Finals respectively. Btboy has no managing experience, however was on my team last year and acted as an unofficial co. He's got great BW and DPP knowledge being on council, and is a SM enthusiast, meaning that together we comfortably cover all gens.

Team name: Morpeek-A-Boos
Assistant manager: btboy
Past experiences: I managed ZUPL & UMPL last year making Semis and Finals respectively. Btboy has no managing experience, however was on my team last year and acted as an unofficial co. He's got great BW and DPP knowledge being on council, and is a SM enthusiast, meaning that together we comfortably cover all gens.
I don’t know if I have to confirm, but it’s an excuse to post our official team emote so I’m confirming anyways.
05BDD1AA-BE8E-4FDB-9D58-4AC653C03035.png

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Team name / desired team name: Stampeding Stoutlands
Assistant manager: TBD (waited until the end of the draft of ZUPL I to name both Ho3n and Xayah as assistant managers)
Past experiences: Managed for the Delibirds in ZUPL I where we tied during the main season for 3rd place. Obviously that was three years ago, but I've stuck around with the community the entire time, I have more than enough old gens experience, and genuinely believe I will give every other ZUPL team a run for their money.
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any): N/A

Last edited:

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team Name: Pay Day Persians
Assistant Manager: viet noa
Past Experience: ZUPL 3 Finalist, managed every single prior ZUPL as well, long time ZU contributor including old gen councils for both BW and ORAS. Assman is room voice and a solid current gen contributor.
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain: Pay Day Persians

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Team name / desired team name: Clangorous Lapras
Assistant manager: Beka
Past experiences: I've managed in some french team tours + in BDSP PL with Staxi and I've played some ZU games on ladder and in roomtours, Beka often plays ZU and even beat one of the tier leaders once in a tournament.
ZUPL III team roster you'd like to retain (if any): no I guess

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Team name: / desired team name: Befuddling Beheeyems
Assistant manager: TBD
Past experiences: Made it into Classic Playoffs + Ladder Tour Playoffs, council. Was a teammate for ZUPL III and have tested/built/contributed numerous teams for various tiers. Some of my teams ended up being samples for old and new gens.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
Thank you all who signed up! There were some very tempting picks this year and it was extremely hard to narrow them down to six, but the final manager list is:

Drud, To Pimp a Butterfree
Tuthur and Staxi, Sacred Sakura
Mirbro and OranBerryBlissey10, Shiiny Shiinotics
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, Lucky Stunkys
DurzaOffTopic and yovan33321, Fiery Flamencos
SBPC and viet noa, Pay Day Persians

Also, the final format has been decided, stay tuned for player signups and the announcement thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)