Project ZU Player of the Week: Week 8 - Czim

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

czim
Favorite ZU Pokemon: Farfetch'd
Most used Pokemon: Monferno
Most known for: Voice, member of Humilau Hakamo-os

Oathkeepre: Hello czim, how are you doing today?
Czim: Hey oath, im fine man and you?
Oathkeepre: Doing great thanks!

Oathkeepre: Could you tell us more about yourself?
Czim: Sure, as a lot of people in the community know I'm a 26yo brazilian that currently lives in Sao Paulo. I graduated in chemical engineering here and currently I'm working in a health company here in the city.

Oathkeepre: Could you tell us the origins of your name?
Czim: It's just parts of my last name, I know, nothing too creative, but I use that nick in a wide variety of games/sites so if you find any czims around they are probably me.

Oathkeepre: What do you like to do outside of Pokemon and work?
Czim: I like music and movies/tv shows a lot, i also play hearthstone and some PS4 when i can, but what I really like to do is going to restaurants or bars and meet up with friends or girlfriend. I'm currently also trying to get into programming.

Oathkeepre: What is the go-to toothpaste to use and why?
Czim: Probably the one 9/10 dentists recommend.

Oathkeepre: Are there any kinds of video games you like outside of Pokemon and which ones?
Czim: I'm into everything tbh, I grew up with games, but kingdom hearts (hello mr. keyblade), spyro the dragon, crash bandicoot, card games like hearthstone/yu-gi-oh, okami, mario 64, and red dead redemption are titles that come mind. KH1 is by far my favorite game of all time tho. It's so damn magical.

Oathkeepre: Is there any fond memories from your childhood that you have?
Czim: When i was growing up i remember getting my PS2, I was very happy with that and was probably the console that I stuck the most with. Also I used to go to a farm with my family when I was younger and we had several animals there, and I had a fucking pet chicken that used to obey me like a dog. Yes, the damn bird came my way when I called it and stayed when I told it too. Anyways it was a good chicken.

Oathkeepre: Is there something besides your field (chemical engineering) that you would want to invest time in?
Czim: I want eventually to learn how to brew(?) beer but I know that takes some money and space so i'm saving that to a later time, I'm honestly interested in cooking in general so i'd go with that. Maybe i could also make meth, but that's already been done :(

Oathkeepre: What are your thoughts on the first ever ZUPL right now with it being in the finals right now?
Czim: It's been a great experience tbh, I really enjoy my team and I don't think I could be having a more enjoyable ride here. I'm not gonna shout out anyone but as you know, our team is putting a lot of work and it's been a blast building with you all. My interest on ZU before ZUPL was a bit low and this was nice to bring a bit of it back. Also being in finals is great, HAKAS will bring it home!

Oathkeepre: Who are some of your favorite people within the ZU community?
Czim: I don't wanna mass tag so i'll just shout out a few people. Graceclaw is probably the most fun zu user around, a blast to build and play with and also has a cute cat. LPY, we've gone a long way now in the gen and regardless of scores you're one of the people I'm more scared to play. a fruitshop owner and Diagnostic are probably the 2 people who helped me more when I was starting in ZU pretty much a year ago, so yea, I really love u for it and thank you for all the support. 5gen and 85percent are my go to people when I need teams and they're both very helpful. Lastly, I'd like to shoutout the rest of the HAKAS for this ZUPL which has been amazing (yourself included). Also CrazyStevy come back we miss you.

Oathkeepre: How do you think the meta will do without Xayah at the helm? (he will be missed)
Czim: As long as this doesn't end up with DurzaOffTopic getting RO, I think the tier will be fine lol. Jokes aside, I do think 5gen got this and Torterra dropping now really shakes up the meta. I do feel like this will have a big impact in the big 4 (shiftry, swanna, evire, golem) because of how decent torterra is vs them, similarly to how leafeon was in the early stages of ZUPL. Anyways I'm looking forward to it. Xayah did a lot for ZU and will really be missed though, I hope he comes back eventually.

Oathkeepre: Lastly, could you share a meaningful team to you and explain what it does?
Czim:

Toucannon @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Roost

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Toxic
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Switcheroo
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Electivire @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge

It's probably my most famous team and features one of my favorite wallbreakers in Toucannon. It's a very easy team to use and carried me throughout several tours when I was lazy to build lol. The team basically consists of Toucannon and mons that would handle its would be checks. Now into the rest of the team, Silvally-Ground is a mon that is extremely underrated and a good Electivire check, especially for the surprise factor. Specs Floatzel is a mon that I think is really underprepped for, sitting in a good speed tier and limiting its switchins with Switcheroo, being a good pair to Toucannon and Monferno is imo a very good offensive rocker that handles Shiftry and keeps momentum with U-turn. On how-to-play with this its easy, just lead Toucannon. If you have a bad matchup your backbone handles it. If you have good matchup, lol rip your opp. Also uh, since it's it I'd like to thank you for hosting this and say that it's been fun. Also Oblivion is a better keyblade than the Oathkeeper. Oh yea, I'd like to mention that the team is a bit Swanna weak, so you have to play aggressively vs it. Try to set rocks and pressure it with Electivire/Float as much as you can.

Oathkeepre: I would just like to thank you Czim for your time in answering these questions and providing us with your backstory. Have a great day!
Czim: You too fellow Haka, it was a fun one.

- how'd you get into "competitive" pokemon?
- what are some of your favourite tv shows / movies?
- have you visited places outside of brazil / anything you'd like to see?
- how long does it take to become a chemical engineer in brazil?
- is there anything in ZU that rivals pancham and baltoy in terms of power?

- how'd you get into "competitive" pokemon?
Ive played pokemon since rby but found about showdown through a friend during my early college years sometime around 2012-3, then i got involved in monotype and joined a side server named frost
- what are some of your favourite tv shows / movies?
Im really into horror, suspense and animation overall, here are some titles i like though
Tv shows - community, scrubs, breaking bad, rick and morty, ash vs evil dead, black mirror, gravity falls, last airbender, american vandal, fargo, santa clarita diet, handmaids tale, the boys, haunting of hill house...
Movies - v for vendetta, city of god, se7en, inglorious basterds, wall-e, bambi, ratatouille, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, shaun of the dead, diabolique, arrival, whiplash, american beauty, cabin in the woods, forrest gump, nightmare before christmas, up, trainspotting, the prestige...
- have you visited places outside of brazil / anything you'd like to see?
I've been to argentina for travelling and the US, where i lived for 3 months in 2014/2015 in florida. I want to go to japan (already planning to in a few years), eastern europe, and the caribbean the most, egypt and thailand are on my list too
- how long does it take to become a chemical engineer in brazil? 5 years, but i took a bit longer bc im a dumbass
- is there anything in ZU that rivals pancham and baltoy in terms of power?
Only hexadrum and omniboost delibird come close, but they are no match to the deadly duo

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Who does your laundry every week?
What’s your favorite detergent brand?
Have you ever had a sock that wasn’t yours when you came back from doing laundry, and if so what did you do about it?

Who's the cutest user of them all?
me
Fav band/Album?
I don't really have a favorite band rn but i consider Oasis to be my all-time favorite, and favorite album from them is What's the Story? Morning Glory.
I'm currently listening to a lot of My chemical romance, Paramore, Vampire Weekend and Daft Punk currently though
Hey Czim
How good is Pancham, can you show a replay?
It's an underrated mon for sure, obviously overshadowed by silvally-fighting but can find its slot in teams that want to use other Silvally forms
Here's a replay for the last seasonal round in which it pivoted very well and actually gave me a few setup opportunities https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-986377128
Favo Shiftry and Swanna check?
Monferno and Rotom-fan respectively, i like offensive pressure and ability to regain momentum on those 2 mons while having some huge utility
And now for the most important questions

Who does your laundry every week?
The washing machine
What’s your favorite detergent brand?
tide because they are delicious
Have you ever had a sock that wasn’t yours when you came back from doing laundry, and if so what did you do about it?
yea, that really socks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)