Project ZU Player of the Week: Week 7 - ShwiftyShiftry

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

ShwiftyShiftry a.k.a. z3ll1
Favorite ZU Pokemon: Leafeon
Most used: Golem/Mareanie
Most known for: Driver, PU lurker

Oathkeepre: Hello Shwifty, how are you doing today?
ShwiftyShiftry: Hi, I had a great day so far, this is definitely the highlight though.

Oathkeepre: Could you tell us more about yourself?
ShwiftyShiftry: I'm just an average 19 y/o student that's looking forward to finishing finals and heading to university to study architecture after that. My favorite activities that aren't related to playing Pokemon are Taekwondo and Snowboarding (I participate in competitions in both of them).

Oathkeepre: Could you tell us the origins of your name?
ShwiftyShiftry: Well, I used to watch Rick and Morty a lot when i was younger and a song called "Get Schwifty" in one of the episodes was quite catchy, Shiftry was one of my favorite Pokemon in my first Pokemon game. Add a slight affection for alliterations to that and you'll get why I picked that name.

Oathkeepre: What are your thoughts on the state of the meta right now?
ShwiftyShiftry: In my opinion adding Exeggutor, which is pretty unhealthy and warps the meta, to ZU was a pretty poor decision, which was probably caused by people being bored. Also other top threats like Shiftry and Swanna might prove to be suspect-worthy in near future. Overall the current meta is fun to play even if there are a couple of issues to be fixed. (Atleast it's not as bad as Frost-Meta lol).

Oathkeepre: What's the best color in the world right now and why is it red?
ShwiftyShiftry:
Green is objectively the best color because it's not red. (Say no to communist staff now). Blue is pretty dope too tho *looks at Ho3nConfirm3d*

Oathkeepre: You mentioned going into architecture. Could you elaborate on what you want to do with a degree in it and hopes of a company to work for?
ShwiftyShiftry: Once I get my degree, I'd like to join the same architecture company that my dad has been working for for about 20 years now.

Oathkeepre: Who do you think is going to win the first ever ZUPL and why is it going to be the Hakamo-os?
ShwiftyShiftry: Well they'll probably win because the Basculins were kind enough to let them get there. :^)

Oathkeepre: Are there any up and coming players you have your eyes on and see good potential in?
ShwiftyShiftry: I have to admit that i didn't pay too much attention to newer players performance, but uhuhuhu7, PhantomHurious and you are 3 people that caught my attention.

Oathkeepre: If you had to choose 1 mon to come back from ZUBL, what would it be and why?
ShwiftyShiftry:
I'd honestly prefer to keep all of them in BL (and add Exeggutor again), but if i had to choose one of them, it would probably be Throh. There are more checks to it now than back when it got banned (Swanna is the most notable one). Also it would add a fully-evolved Fighting type to ZU (which are pretty limited right now) while also adding a check to a potentially broken mon, Shiftry.

Oathkeepre: Do you have a favorite Gen 8 mon so far?
ShwiftyShiftry: I didn't watch any Gen 8 news yet.

Oathkeepre: What are your Top 5 favorite barbeque condiments? (Ketchup, mustard, etc)
ShwiftyShiftry: Home-grown Habaneros are my clear #1, bbq sauce, honey mustard and classic salt + pepper

Oathkeepre: Lastly, could I ask you to share a meaningful team to you and explain what it does?
ShwiftyShiftry:

Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Defog

Rotom-Fan @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off

Raichu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

This team is a pretty solid voltturn bo that got me a win in my first zupl match, it contains my favorite mons in the current meta, SD+ Synthesis Leafeon and SubPlot Raichu, paired with my favorite offensive Voltturn core, Scarfvally + Rotom-Fan. Golem + Mareanie paired with Rotom + Leafeon take care of most offensive threats while Rotom + Vally bring in Raichu and Leafeon to break through most defensive Cores in the current meta. I played a lot of games with it and got a 45:2 record, feel free to steal it. :)

Oathkeepre: Alright, well I do thank you for your time and answers ShwiftyShiftry, and do have a great day!
ShwiftyShiftry: Thanks for having me, have a great day!

Where did 'z3lle' come from?
What is Swanna and why does it deserve a suspect test so much more than your namesake?
Why do you enjoy killing ZU chat so much?
Y u ignore Tack?
Favorite kind of noodle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)